Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
Parallax Arguer

Parallax Arguer's Gamercard
Pins and stealth kills

Some questions concerning these two achievements.

I tried to unlock them for 3 hours yesterday and after having knifed 200 guys and killed at least 80 soldiers with the bow without receiving the achievements I am not sure if I did everything right.

I used the episode from the guide, where you are together with Slade. I loaded it up from the main menu instead of starting a new campaign. Does this affect the achievements?

I then only knifed the guys regularly, not stealthy, as the forum guide says they only have to be knife kills, not stealth knife kills. Is this true, because I did it so often and didn't received it. The regular achievement guide says they have to be stealth kills so I think that might be the problem.

Same with the bow. Do I have to pin 50 soldiers to the wall or just kill them. I think I pinned about 20 people to the wall, but killed way more.

Then the last thing is the kill yourself thing. Do you have to kill yourself after saving to make it count or can you get yourself killed by some guys instead aswell (after saving). Because I mostly saved just before a huge group of soldiers I thought I wouldn't survive...

Do the kills saved will count even if you load up another episode in between, before continuing in the same part? Because I would try the other campaign achievements I'm missing first. In that case it would be very good to know if you can just load up the episode or if you have to play there.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Parallax Arguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Parallax Arguer

Parallax Arguer's Gamercard
Any answers to my questions? Please.
Parallax Arguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Doominatorx6

Doominatorx6's Gamercard
wah wah wee wah I will answer your questions.

Kills DONT COUNT if you do NOT SAVE after you do them. For example, if you have 69 knife kills, knife 4 dudes and die, your total stays at 69. Once you make the kills, pause and select SAVE. This will update your stats.

And killing yourself/dying after saving shouldn't affect anything, PROVIDED YOU SAVED

1st in the world to finish Monster Madness
2nd in the world to finish Rock of the Dead

Boogers
Doominatorx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
HyphyR6

Venom R6's Gamercard
i know this thread was started months ago, but i guess i'll put my 2cents in, for it might help the OP (if he's still struggling with getting the achievement), or help anyone else having the same trouble. anyways, i can confirm that it DOES NOT have to be stealth kills for it to count towards the achievement. if you get the short "cutscene" animation of turok stabbing the poor bastard then it counts. I've even had turok charge right up in front of a soldier with eyes and everything lit up red and shooting him already, just quickly press RT as soon as the icon pops up on screen, then you see the stabbing animation, it definitely counts. I would run in stabbing fools, then as soon as the screen turns all red showing you're pretty much dead, thats the best time to press pause and save. after its done saving, then you can always double check if the kill counted by going to QUIT (in the pause menu) > then in the MAIN MENU > go to STATS > to ACHIEVEMENTS > then scroll all the way down the list to see how many you currently have. hth anyone out there
HyphyR6 is offline   Reply With Quote