PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
DrizziTx

DrizziTx's Gamercard
Smile An awesome underrated game - tips inside

this game rocks, at start I really suffered, boss battles took forever, the 4th stage took me 2.5 hours to do BUT once I got the hang of it, the game became amazing, immersive and requires some tactics (when playing on assassin which i found to be the best challange as the other two are too easy). the driving level is also awesome and great fun!

tips:
1.) mashing x+y is indeed important' but the game didn't flow for me until i started doing the hard hits - holding x or y for a long time. the trick here is to do these hits only after your 3rd hit in a combo has struck home, if the enemy has blocked it don't try a hard hit. the hard hit raises your adrenaline, finishes enemy faster and gives great satisfaction once you nail such a hit.
2.) I have seen a post about "disarming Renard" and how difficult it is, well my advice is to save your adrenaline to the end, to the guys on the stairs before the helicopter, then use "shooting takeout". if anyone wants a more detailed explanation lemme know.
3.) on the pause menu you can see all statistics plus achievements and amount of passports needed for each level and how many were found, took me some time to find the passports info, would have saved me a big mess, it's on the bottom left of pause screen and not in achievements info. apart from that all things you do are connected to your gamer profile and not contained in the save file, thus there will be no glitches, if you miss a passport just look hard, you just missed one, it's not a glitch (take it from me, wasted 4 hours trying to delete saves, read guides, blame the game only to find i missed one). 2 thumbs up for high moon studios for this smart implementation of info and achievements.

and finally, to those who complain about how short the game is, people, don't play it on piss easy difficulty, play on assassin and you'll be rewarded with a challenging and ultimately longer game

stuff I play currently:
Far Cry 2, Batman: AA, Lego Star Wars,Earth Defense Force 2170

recently done: Mass Effect, Conan, Bourne, Wanted

MP achievements I'm interested in:
Condemned 2, Gow 1 "commando" and "I can't quit ya dom" , Gow 2 "Hoard the Horde" - if you wanna coop or multiplay just give me a shout ^^

Last edited by DrizziTx; 03-10-2010 at 01:55 PM.
DrizziTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Teh BeZ

Send a message via MSN to Teh BeZ

Teh BeZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Totally agree, this is one the most underrated games ever, I thouroughly enjoyed getting 1000G on it + plus onces it was all finished another quicky through on easy :P
Old 03-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
buddabane

buddabane's Gamercard
Agreed, one of the most underrated game in a long time. I really enjoyed it.
buddabane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
troyoy

troyoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its a pretty cool game. But I gotta say that playing it I feel really boxed in. Like some serious tunel vision, some of the worst of any game. When you are running and your character is in the middle its not so bad. Im getting hung up in a lot of door ways if I try to strafe through them sideways. Also sometimes when you come out of cover he likes to go back in it with out pushing the button. The mini map in the right hand corner kicks butt after playing dragon age with its ass backwards minimap. Thanks for the tips on the barn boss. Hopefully I can beat that timed boss now.
troyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
i just got my 1000 today even though i have had it for a little while but i really liked it. great game and loads of fun... i think im going to go and watch the bourne series

Punish The Deserving

DeekBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
echX

newbie kenobi's Gamercard
I'm making my way through this awesome game, beeing a huge Jason Bourne fan

I must say I didn't think much of it at first glance, but since it was a Bourne product, it's a must-have :P

I really enjoy it and will miss it when it's gone :P

echX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
Juzt Skillz

Juzt Skillz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeekBoy View Post
i just got my 1000 today even though i have had it for a little while but i really liked it. great game and loads of fun... i think im going to go and watch the bourne series
You didn't watch Bourne :O. Missing out dude.

We've evolved combat

We've finished the fight

We prepared to drop

We Remembered Reach

Good bye Halo.

Juzt Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
siamese snake

guff buster3's Gamercard
I'm currently going through this and I must admit I'm enjoying it.
siamese snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:56 AM   #9
JAZ

jasdeep99's Gamercard
bourne

i played the demo of this game and it is awesome and i also watched all the bourne movies
JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #10
slipintonite

Send a message via AIM to slipintonite

slipintonite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
it came up as a cheap game on gamefly, what a fantastic buy. it's obviously not an epic game but for the price and the one or two playthroughs you can't go wrong.

thanks to Gackt for the amazing sig!
slipintonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #11
asdfen

great game just finished oneking it. Great action game. Levels are great and it feels exactly like Bourne movie which is one of my favorites
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #12
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyoy View Post
Its a pretty cool game. But I gotta say that playing it I feel really boxed in. Like some serious tunel vision, some of the worst of any game. When you are running and your character is in the middle its not so bad. Im getting hung up in a lot of door ways if I try to strafe through them sideways. Also sometimes when you come out of cover he likes to go back in it with out pushing the button. The mini map in the right hand corner kicks butt after playing dragon age with its ass backwards minimap. Thanks for the tips on the barn boss. Hopefully I can beat that timed boss now.
I am through three missions and could not agree with you more. The game is decent, not great. They want to have the controls of Gears of War but did a piss poor job implementing the cover system and the shooting is a bit wonky. I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 thus far.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #13
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeekBoy View Post
lol well if you did 1K it before you watched the movie, I'd say you may as well skip the first movie since this game is basically the entire first movie in video game form (with some extra missions put in to add length to it).

I thought the game was alright for a budget game. My favorite part was obviously the take-downs since it seems like they had like 100+ different animations so it was always cool to see how Bourne would kick the crap out of his opponents using the environment around him. The rest of the game was meh since the shooting was pretty generic and the boss fights were pretty much all the same.

Overall easy game for achievements (although grinding out the 200 kills was pretty tedious) and much like the movies, enjoyable while it lasted but pretty forgettable afterwords.
Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I am enjoying this game...I love the Bourne Movies so I figured I would like this game too.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:24 AM   #15
DaltynClark

CharieSheen's Gamercard
I have just finished the Escape the Embassy mission and am loving every second of it great game.
DaltynClark is offline   Reply With Quote