PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2010, 04:01 AM   #1
Bahaumaut

Bahaumaut's Gamercard
Question Should you stay offline while playing this game?

Hearing about some of the glitches, and the fact that things are saved to your permanant profile, making this game buggy and problematic.

Would it be advisable to keep my XBox 360 offline, make sure I get the glitchable achievements, and if it does glitch on me, go ahead and delete my profile from my drive and then just re-download it from Live? That way, I don't have the information locked into my 'permanant' record, which would make it nigh impossible to get the glitched achievements on?

I would mind having to restart and replay the whole game again if it screwed up... but I would REALLY mind if it glitched bad enough to make it permanantly impossible to gain, especially after working honestly for it.

I also wonder if they're going to add an update to allow a 'Reset' of your data, similar to how Crackdown allowed you to restart all the enemies so that you could fight them again?

AM WILLING TO HELP WITH ACHIEVES WHERE I CAN

Send messages to inquire. Some games I no longer have. Ones I have I can help with.
Please include information in the message, and not just a friend request.
Gamertag: "Bahaumaut"
East Coast, USA (EST/EDT timezone)
Available gaming/boosting times:
Weekdays: 7:00PM - 12:00PM (EST/EDT)
Weekends: Generally all day (EST/EDT)
Bahaumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i have stayed offline so far while playing and so far no glitches. I am taking everyone's advice though and not doing any weapon upgrades in the menu before each level and ONLY doing upgrade purchases in-game. Everything has been straightforward so far though in terms of the achievements unlocking when they are supposed to.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Miasma

AncientTides's Gamercard
I always played it offline and all of the achievements which people have had glitch on them unlocked. The only achievement that glitched on me though was Bookworm, which no one else seems to have had any trouble with.
this ship's unsinkable..
Miasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have played online so far and the only one that gave me problems was FIREWORKS. However, I got this at the beginning of 3-3 The Revolt by spamming grenades at the 3 or 4 guys coming through big movie screen. With the new ability to use USB Flash drives as storage, I have been copying my game save every time I load up. So now I am farming for credits to buy all the weapon upgrades. As soon as I have enough points I will play offline when I go to purchase.

As others on this site, the only time I have purchased an upgrade was using an in game upgrade box. The only thing I will do at the upgrade menu before and after levels is swap out weapons.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote