PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Movies
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? ...

No! Its a New Superman Film!

It's Official: Nolan is to Reboot the Superman Franchise; Dark Knight director to use Batman approach for the Man of Steel.
Quote:
UK, March 10, 2010 - It's official: Christopher Nolan is taking control of a new Superman movie franchise.

Back in February, we heard rumours that The Dark Knight director would "godfather" a rebooted Man of Steel series, and now Nolan has confirmed the news in an interview with The Los Angeles Times.

"It's very exciting, we have a fantastic story," he said. "We feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right."

Nolan is keeping his cards close to his chest on specifics about the plot or who would direct the film, but he did say that Batman collaborator David Goyer was working on the screenplay, and that the idea for Superman came when the pair was struggling on Batman 3.

"He basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman. I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I've never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma [Thomas -- his wife and co-producer] and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way."

He wouldn't go into specifics, but it seems the pair will approach the story in the same way they did Batman.

"A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that's what I know how to do... We're [...] trying to find an incredible story in a way that audiences can engage with it the way they engage with contemporary action films. I think David's approach is a very good way of doing just that."

Finally, it seems we shouldn't expect Superman and Batman to team up anytime soon. "Each serves to the internal logic of the story. They have nothing to do with each other."
Are you Excited Nolan is finally and officially onboard or Worried about what he'll do with the Man of Steel series?

Personally, if its got the same feel and atmosphere as Dark Knight, then I'm in!

[Source]
Old 03-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Mosizzle313

Send a message via AIM to Mosizzle313

THlCK NECK's Gamercard
this sounds sweet
Old 03-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Hate to rain on your parade, but: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=214232

You're a little late.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
That's very old news.

But the idea was good, thanks for sharing.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Daiphyer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Daiphyer.

M2JH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Honestly, I don't like Superman.
His movies are boring.
Daiphyer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #6
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Oh, god not another one.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:51 AM   #7
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
Oh, god not another one.
Correct on so many levels
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #8
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Hate to rain on your parade, but: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=214232

You're a little late.
Thanks for pointing it out..

Missed that one.. I scanned the firsr 5 odd pages but must of scanned to fast and missed it at the bottom of the page..

No excuse really. So, any Admin/Mod, please feel free to close this thread.