PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #91
spartan9209

Spartan9209's Gamercard
Another method that I use instead of using C4 is to put the vehicle quick reload perk on and hop into the UAV and fire its missiles at buildings that contain objectives on Rush. It's a slower method to take down the buildings but works just as effectively.
A second way that I use sometimes that is a lot faster is when playing the rush map with the island on it, is to get into a chopper with a good pilot and man the mini-gun. When you are attacking the second set of objectives, spray your mini-gun into the walls of most buildings until they break apart and the building hopefully collapses on a few people.
These can be more effective because they keep you safe (usually) and you there is almost no chance of killing someone with explosives (even the UAV missile has to be almost a direct on someone to kill them)

100% (No DLC)
Fallout: New Vegas, Brink, Skyrim, Borderlands, Halo Reach, Bioshock 2, Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 4, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Lost Via Domus, Dash of Destruction, Lego Indiana Jones
spartan9209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:36 AM   #92
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Had a great run today. I played a bit with my friend and ended up getting 10 or 11 more kills towards the achievement. I think I need 3 or 4 more... It was great while it lasted. The first few games I had were filled with luck. I hopped in the UAV and knocked down B in Nelson Bay and got 5 kills. 5 people in one house... Love it. Then I knocked down A by using one UAV shot right before getting shot down and got one more kill. The rest of the kills were just 1 or 2 kills per building that I got using my 40 MM grenades.

Last edited by JesusBread; 04-11-2010 at 05:38 AM.
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #93
smellypotatoes

T0M DAH BOMB's Gamercard
i did this for my last 5 kills on isla innocents attacking the second bases

best sniper in all of bad company :P
Gol quickscope, sv98 everything else

reset 6th prestige black ops. GF treyarch!

http://g.bfbcs.com/20894/360_T0M%20DAH%20BOMB.png

smellypotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #94
indirect76

indirect76's Gamercard
Nelson Bay?

OK, Nelson Bay does not show up in the selectable maps for rush (or any game mode for that matter). Am I missing something?
indirect76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #95
Stg H Stiglitz

Stg H Stiglitz's Gamercard
nice gonna give this a whirl, done all legit, but this one is a challenge, even et tu, brute ach was tough as my mate wouldnt let me stab him so i had to hunt him down git!

Call of Duty 2 1000gs
Call of Duty MW 1000gs
Call of Duty WAW 1500gs
Call of Duty MW2 1000gs
Call of Duty BO 1700gs
Call of Duty MW3 1610gs
Call of Duty BO2 2000gs
Halo 3 1725gs
Halo: ODST 1000gs
Halo Reach 1750gs
Halo 4 1000gs (original)
Medal of Honor 1000gs
Battlefield Bad Company 2: 1430gs
Battlefield 3: 1000gs (original)
Battlefield 4: 1000gs (original)
Bioshock 1100gs

Stg H Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #96
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
If you enjoy this game and are in it for more than achievements you can get this without sabotaging your own teams objectives. Using the method below is working well for me and I don't always chose white pass, I just focus on trying to get 2.0 when I get thrown into a match on that map.

Class: Assault
Weapon: Anything with the grenade launcher
Map: White Pass
Game Type: Conquest

There are a huge number of buildings around B and C and each of them always has people inside. You can easily sit in another building (out of sight) and shoot grenades at these other buildings, eventually taking them out. Just try to wait to hit it the last time until someones in it. I've gotten 10 demo kills in the past 3-4 days like this and I only play 3 hours a night or so and maybe 4 games on white pass during that time.
exorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #97
indirect76

indirect76's Gamercard
I must be playing a different game or something. None of these tips help. It's so hard to bring down a building. I have to plant 15 C4s to bring down a 3 floor house on White Pass. The grenade launcher doesn't even break the wall. What gives?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #98
spartan9209

Spartan9209's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by indirect76 View Post
OK, Nelson Bay does not show up in the selectable maps for rush (or any game mode for that matter). Am I missing something?

You must get a VIP code and download map pack 1 to access Nelson Bay. It is a rush only map.

100% (No DLC)
Fallout: New Vegas, Brink, Skyrim, Borderlands, Halo Reach, Bioshock 2, Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 2, Resident Evil 4, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Lost Via Domus, Dash of Destruction, Lego Indiana Jones
spartan9209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #99
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

I personally think squad deathmatch on white pass is the best was to go

I got a grenade launcher and knocked out the walls, there is almost always at least one enemy in a building, got 8 in a few matches in one day

before that I tried rush nelson bay, and rush on isla inocentes..doing fence insta destroy gltich......those werent reliable or fast...

so for me white pass/ Squad deathmatch/ grenade launcher
KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #100
Stg H Stiglitz

Stg H Stiglitz's Gamercard
how do u get 6c4 packages!

Call of Duty 2 1000gs
Call of Duty MW 1000gs
Call of Duty WAW 1500gs
Call of Duty MW2 1000gs
Call of Duty BO 1700gs
Call of Duty MW3 1610gs
Call of Duty BO2 2000gs
Halo 3 1725gs
Halo: ODST 1000gs
Halo Reach 1750gs
Halo 4 1000gs (original)
Medal of Honor 1000gs
Battlefield Bad Company 2: 1430gs
Battlefield 3: 1000gs (original)
Battlefield 4: 1000gs (original)
Bioshock 1100gs

Stg H Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #101
indirect76

indirect76's Gamercard
You can get 6 C4s by playing the Recon Class. Not sure if you start out with it or if you have to unlock it with points.

In case some are unaware, there are 'perks' you can choose while viewing the class/weapon selection screen between spawns. I think I was level 7 or 8 before I even noticed them.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #102
AngelArmed

AngelArmed's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by indirect76 View Post
I must be playing a different game or something. None of these tips help. It's so hard to bring down a building. I have to plant 15 C4s to bring down a 3 floor house on White Pass. The grenade launcher doesn't even break the wall. What gives?
Are you putting the C4 on the building?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #103
JesusBread

Mr Arbitrage's Gamercard

Just got my achievement the other day by bringing down A on Nelson Bay with my 40MMGL. I got lucky as hell because someone was shooting the building with me and I shot a millisecond before him and knocked down the house for my last 2 kills.

For anyone who is still having trouble just make yourself an Assault Class w/ 40 MMGL, Explosives MKII, and I think the last thing is the GR upgrade. It lets you carry more grenades and explosives. With this set up, you can carry 5 40MMGs in your XM8. Go up to a building and put down a supply crate and start raping that building. Don't focus on killing anyone. You will obviously knock down buildings without people in this, but that's part of trying to get this achievement. I suggest you play rush and focus on the objectives that can be knocked down (while you're on offense!). I found that trying to knock down my own buildings while on defense didn't really do much and after about 2 hours of doing that, I got 2 kills. Use the UAV when you get a chance too. It's the best tool to take down any building. Have the V WARHD upgrade for it and ONLY aim at the buildings. Hide the UAV behind something (On Nelson Bay, I hid it behind the cliff by the water) when you're reloading so you don't get shot down.
JesusBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #104
The Carrot Cake Kid

I have 1d 18hrs played and havent scored a single Demo kill. Buildings are hard as fuck to take down and by the time you can get one to drop theres never anyone in them.

I can plant 12 C4's with Expl upgrade and it still wont bring the house down. I'll put one on each corner and one in each center of the wall...nothing.

Also there are times I'll plant an assload of C4 around a house, then when I go to blow it up the friggin thing is a dud. I can SEE all my C4 on the house, I get the flashing icons on the minimap, but it wont detonate.

Man I really hate this achievement
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #105
The Carrot Cake Kid

Finally got ONE kill...19 more to go. At this rate I should have all 20 with 40 days played
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #106
Muzzle O Bees

Muzzle o Bees's Gamercard
I'm going to have to try this one out. I tried boosting it with a buddy, but we kept getting suicides because we didn't try to get out of or off the roof of the building as it went down.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm definitely going to try the OP's method.
Muzzle O Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #107
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
looks good this achieve is annoying only got 5 lol
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #108
KBAN

MATTKBAN's Gamercard
honestly, c4 is a bad option especially with higher explosive damage on. it kills the guy inside the building more often than not. this is what I did for most of my first 20 kills before the groups I'd get in rush.
play squad deathmatch on arica harbour or white pass.
use assault class with grenade launcher equipped with the grenade vest
be in the building you wish to take down on the lower floor and start knocking out all the bottom walls.
hide someplace nearby until you see a guy go into the house and up the stairs then take out a higher wall, maybe two and it 'til you hear it about to come down.
now what this does is sort of gets the guy stuck on the higher floors and he cant make it out on time AND the explosion to the last wall you knock out does that deafening thing and you cant hear it or the guy telling you to get out so its that extra second or two you will likely gain on killing him.

this was a VERY reliable technique for me 8)
KBAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #109
KBAN

MATTKBAN's Gamercard
I forgot to mention, the best way to boost it which I've done with 6 or more friends was to play squad rush. get a full party and the one who is going for the achievement needs to join your session so hes on the opposite team. choost Atamaca Desert for the map. if your party is the attackers stay in the 2 buildings on your end while your friend grenade launches the walls out. before he gets the final wall, take out the back end walls to help him out which he cant clearly see. then on the final crate section do the small buildings. have him take all the walls out then you all run in there before his team tries to kill you and then you get demo'd as a happy little group ;p
KBAN is offline   Reply With Quote