PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two: The 40th Day > Chapters of Deceit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #31
tF SKULL

Send a message via ICQ to tF SKULL

RHDxSKULLxFAQ's Gamercard
just downloaded it and the chapter 8 achievement didn't pop for me so i don't know whats going on

tF SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #32
Jaskier

Jaskier85's Gamercard
Taking into consideration what has been written here I came up with a foolproof method to unlock the DLC achievements without any problems.
Simply play OFFLINE, that's right- if you wish to play Chapters of Deceit simply disconnect the Ethernet cable from your console prior to launching the game.
That way every single chievo WILL pop up just like it should, however your sense of aesthetics might suffer a bit, because the newly unlocked achievements will miss date stamps.
Just check my profile to see that it works (jeez I wrote that like some sort of a TV salesman...).

Jaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #33
x1979DarkKnight

x1979DarkKnight's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJay View Post
i wonder how they are going to fix the achievement for collecting a mask then, since once you already found it, the crates contain $1000 instead of the mask if you go back and replay it.
So thats why everytime I replay the chapter I keep get the $1000 as if I have already got the mask and the achievement which I did have but wasn't added to my gamertag because microsoft didn't update the site till after the DLC was released,so I recovered my gamertag and loss the achievements as they weren't added to my gamertag on xboxlive so everytime I load the game to play them it thinks I have them already which is why they won't unlock again so microsoft and EA need to fix this quickly.
x1979DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #34
x1979DarkKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
Taking into consideration what has been written here I came up with a foolproof method to unlock the DLC achievements without any problems.
Simply play OFFLINE, that's right- if you wish to play Chapters of Deceit simply disconnect the Ethernet cable from your console prior to launching the game.
That way every single chievo WILL pop up just like it should, however your sense of aesthetics might suffer a bit, because the newly unlocked achievements will miss date stamps.
Just check my profile to see that it works (jeez I wrote that like some sort of a TV salesman...).

I'll try this but I'm sure I did but will try again sunday as I ain't back home till sunday as I am at my sister.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #35
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskier View Post
this does not work. i just tried it and still nothing. i checked your profile and the reason why this works for you is because... you have no multiplayer achievements for this game yet.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #36
JeanRob

Ghost JeanRob's Gamercard
That's insane. I can't believe we all paid 10$ or € for that piece of shit.
The game was terribly flawed from the start, but still a bit enjoyable. And yet, they managed to make it worse, awfully worse.
SHAME on those who develloped that "thing", shame on EA for always rushing things, shame on those who put that crap online without doing a proper debug.

My gosh, I played with my friend, not only did his save got erased but he didn't unlock a single achievement.
As for me, I got lucky, my save is safe and I got "Is it really that simple?" but no other one.
JeanRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #37
FarmerJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanRob View Post
That's insane. I can't believe we all paid 10$ or € for that piece of shit.
The game was terribly flawed from the start, but still a bit enjoyable. And yet, they managed to make it worse, awfully worse.
SHAME on those who develloped that "thing", shame on EA for always rushing things, shame on those who put that crap online without doing a proper debug.

My gosh, I played with my friend, not only did his save got erased but he didn't unlock a single achievement.
As for me, I got lucky, my save is safe and I got "Is it really that simple?" but no other one.
ok, there is a pattern here. there are 8 new achievements. you say you only got 1 new one. i checked your xbox live profile and you have 7 multiplayer achievements. another guy posted that his friend had 6 multiplayer achievements and only unlocked 2 new ones. so it seems like depending on how many multiplayer achievements you have, that determines how any new ones you can unlock. hopefully EA can figure this out soon.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #38
EA Shenron

EA Shenron's Gamercard
Needless to say achievements didn't unlock for me either. i've got all MP achievements but Bound for Life, Survival of the fittest and King of the Hill.
I've played Offline and same result : no achievement. I really wonder how they will fix this.
And last but not least, I've lost my weapons and game stats. Nore more kills, boack to the beginning.
Next time I want to buy an EA DLC,please remember me not to do.

Edit : my friend and I played on chapter 8 and 9 together. The following achievements should have popped :
Men of People, Pick a new face, Hit and Miss, Train Wrecked, Paging Dr Wu, Good Fellas and Can it be really that simple.
None popped for me. the only one he got was "Can it be .." The only difference in our achievements is that I got All guns blazing and He doesnt. Maybe one Mp achievement glitch one DLC achievement.

Working on : AC : Brotherhood
On hold : ME 2, Dante's Inferno, Banjo Kazooie N&B
Planned : ---
Waiting for : Batman : AC, Darksiders 2

Last edited by EA Shenron; 03-19-2010 at 11:29 PM.
EA Shenron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #39
bigfknsams

IT0uchmyd0g's Gamercard
From what i read here, im gonna wait a lil before i get the DLC

bigfknsams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #40
JeanRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJay View Post
ok, there is a pattern here.
Yep I think you're right mister.
As you can see, Shenron is my partner, and he has 1 more online achievement than me, meaning he has 8 online achievement, which would explain why he didn't get any while playing the DLC.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #41
SSwalker

SSwalker's Gamercard
All achievements unlocked for me except for the level 8 achievement. My online partner popped it and i didn't.
SSwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #42
FarmerJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSwalker View Post
All achievements unlocked for me except for the level 8 achievement. My online partner popped it and i didn't.
yep. that's because you only had one multiplayer achievement before you played the DLC. so you were able to unlock 7 of them.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #43
MidnightExpres

A Ezio Auditore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This 8 achievements blockt the DLC achivements in this game!! i have only 7 of this and i get only Good fellas on DLC one.

Fancy Meeting You Here5 Versus: Invite a friend before joining a lobby to play a public match
Job Seeker10 Versus: In public matches, kill a player with the primary or secondary weapon from every weapon kit
DIY PMC10 Versus: Create a custom facemask online (www.armyoftwo.com) and wear it in a public match
Death Dealer10 Versus: Kill 10 players with headshots on a single map in a public match
Power Couple15 Versus: Earn the highest partnership score in a Co-op Deathmatch, Control or Warzone public match
All Guns Blazing30 Versus: Kill a player with every weapon, including special weapons, in public matches
Big Game Hunting5 Versus: Kill both members of a single partnership during a public match
Fresh Meat5 Versus: Revive your partner and perform a partner reload during the same public match
MidnightExpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #44
the ferenczy

the ferenczy's Gamercard
this mp theory could be true. i have no mp cheev, and have had no problems yet, got 4 for 125 on chapter 8, i'll try 9 later.
the ferenczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:45 AM   #45
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The MP theory is becoming more and more a fact. I just ran chapter 8 with some random in a public match. At the end when I looked at his card, he had 4 achievements for 125g, which were for finding a mask, defending Wu, taking the shot, and completing Chapter 8. The key thing to note is he had no MP achievs at all.

It seems to me that they had plenty of time to run this through their quality assurance team to avoid this. I mean the original drop date was supposed to be April 1st so they had plenty of time to debug this, yet they rushed it out early, and now this garbage.

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #46
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just downloaded it but not played yet, I think I'm gonna wait untill this problem is fixed. MW 2 and BC 2 are releasing some new maps soon. So is it just me or EA rushed the release of this DLC to avoid losing money without doing any test to see if the achievements work or not.

Achievements completion : 99,41%
Gamerscore completion : 99,43%
Retail games completed : 76/80
I'm a completionist!!!

Currently working on Halo MCC, GTA 5 (X1).
Looking for partners to boost Saints Row 1 mp achievements

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #47
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Unhappy

So far iv unlocked kill the FDI leader & let the traitor live but when i reloaded checkpoint and executed her i didnt get the achievement!! also got the achievement for surviving chapter 9 but not the one for completing chapter 8!! and still cant get the mask one even though iv opened 2 lockers with the masks!!

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #48
MaximDane

Protocol Droid's Gamercard
I can confirm that me and a friend who both have all the multiplayer achivements from the game are both unable to get a single achivement from this DLC....and we have tried.....Co op, Single player and diffrent difficulties....nada ...not a single one pops for either of us....... so im really thinking the person who mentioned the MP achivement glitch is right on the money..... and EA wont be getting more from me...till this is fixed....
MaximDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #49
XxHamRxX

XxHamRxX's Gamercard
goddammit. i thought i had done something wrong cos i didnt get paging dr wu and the mask one. i thought i had missed a mask or something but dam this sucks. i only have 2 mp achs (create a mask and invite a friend) and nothing. great ea cheats me out of another 50g. great
Old 03-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #50
XPL1C1T GAM3R

xSCAR x TiSSUEx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightExpres View Post
This 8 achievements blockt the DLC achivements in this game!! i have only 7 of this and i get only Good fellas on DLC one.

Fancy Meeting You Here5 Versus: Invite a friend before joining a lobby to play a public match
Job Seeker10 Versus: In public matches, kill a player with the primary or secondary weapon from every weapon kit
DIY PMC10 Versus: Create a custom facemask online (www.armyoftwo.com) and wear it in a public match
Death Dealer10 Versus: Kill 10 players with headshots on a single map in a public match
Power Couple15 Versus: Earn the highest partnership score in a Co-op Deathmatch, Control or Warzone public match
All Guns Blazing30 Versus: Kill a player with every weapon, including special weapons, in public matches
Big Game Hunting5 Versus: Kill both members of a single partnership during a public match
Fresh Meat5 Versus: Revive your partner and perform a partner reload during the same public match
Ive got all them and only got the mask one i think the less mp achievs u get the more dlc achievs u can get as someone already said

XPL1C1T GAM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #51
x1979DarkKnight

Well it's good that you guys have found out why you might not been getting the achievements but I still have no idea why I can't get them again,but I think somewhere between my gamertag and xboxlive it thinks I have them which is why I can't unlock them again but I have none of them.

So I am hoping them find a fault somewhere and they can sort it so I can earn them again.

Last edited by x1979DarkKnight; 03-20-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #52
x1979DarkKnight

Right I have just logged into my ea account to have a look at my stats for the game and it shows I have the achievements on there servers but I haven't got them on Xboxlive servers,so EA needs to wipe the achievements from there servers so I can earn them again or wipe my stats completely so I will have to start again which doesn't bother me at all.

Here is an image of my stats page as I couldn't directly link to it so I took screen shots and stitched them together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...fTwoStats-.jpg

Last edited by x1979DarkKnight; 03-20-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #53
EA Shenron

EA Shenron's Gamercard
I've done the same and My EA account is not up to date. I've lost all my stats, radios, cats, kills and most of my achievements are said locked altough I already got them (see my xbox profile).
I've played with a friend yesterday on the dlc, we finished both chapters, protected Dr WU, found a mask, killed the traitor ... Neither his achievements nor mine are shown unlocked on EA website.

Working on : AC : Brotherhood
On hold : ME 2, Dante's Inferno, Banjo Kazooie N&B
Planned : ---
Waiting for : Batman : AC, Darksiders 2
EA Shenron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #54
FarmerJay

the achievements and stats on the EA website have never been accurate for me either. i've had all achievements for months now and it has always showed that i am missing quite a few. i've never been concerned about this though since everything was fine on the xbox side.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #55
JeanRob

I think that only 1 quote does make justice to that DLC. Ladies and gentlement, I give you the Monty Python:

"RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!"
Old 03-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #56
x1979DarkKnight

Well on mine it shows that EA servers know that I earned them but because Xbox.com wasn't updated until after the DLC was released it didn't know I earned them,so Microsoft should put it right and unlock them on my gamertag for me or EA should remove any evidence of me earning them so I can re earn them so they appear on my gamertag and gamerscore.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #57
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Wow, I'm so glad I didn't pick this up right away. So from reading here, since I have all the MP achieves it looks like I wouldn't unlock any of the DLC achievements.

This game had SOOOOOO many bugs, at times I threw my controller on the floor and walked away, only to come back later and suffer through the time to get 1k on this game.

Now they release DLC to up the replay value on this this and even THAT is broken...after the backlash they had from most critics and gamers alike about the bugs, I expected better.

I think a few more months testing the game and putting it through a proper QA would have done a world of good. And then to just throw this content out there, EARLY at that, and have it SO broken is just embarrassing.

Has anyone checked the official forums to see what thye are saying about it? Heading over there now...

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #58
broly

UItim4Te Broly's Gamercard
on of my friends has 1000 G befor he played the dlc.
then he played the dlc and unlocked all 8 achievments.
i hope i unlocked all the achievemts in one round if i play with this friend
broly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #59
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
Wow, I'm so glad I didn't pick this up right away. So from reading here, since I have all the MP achieves it looks like I wouldn't unlock any of the DLC achievements.

This game had SOOOOOO many bugs, at times I threw my controller on the floor and walked away, only to come back later and suffer through the time to get 1k on this game.

Now they release DLC to up the replay value on this this and even THAT is broken...after the backlash they had from most critics and gamers alike about the bugs, I expected better.

I think a few more months testing the game and putting it through a proper QA would have done a world of good. And then to just throw this content out there, EARLY at that, and have it SO broken is just embarrassing.

Has anyone checked the official forums to see what thye are saying about it? Heading over there now...
Yes I've been posting over on their forums as well as on here trying to shed some light on this. So far, x360a is the only place that has even come up with a theory as to why the glitch is occurring.

Also I've received no response from tech support and I've received only other complaints on the forums themselves about the DLC being glitched. EA has not stepped up to the plate since the problem of one's gamerscore not updating on xbox.com.

Cheers

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #60
Romefalls86

sakic26's Gamercard
Yup only confirming more complaints, I unlocked the one for chapter 9, no chapter 8 and I played it twice.

Btw, anyone know how to do the escort the hostages? I thought I saved them all but no achievement, same thing with the masks.
60,000[6/6/11] Shipyard Infiltration - The Bourne Conspiracy
Romefalls86 is offline   Reply With Quote