PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two: The 40th Day > Chapters of Deceit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #61
BosmaniaK

Bosmaniak's Gamercard
someone on here said you could get the achievements when you would play offline (unplug your internet-cable) but I tried it and didn't unlock saving Dr Wu so that's bullshit
(another confirm on this would be nice)
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #62
MidnightExpres

A Ezio Auditore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
ya this one has no online achievement and this are the Key no online achievement = all DLC achivement on+off
I tested all 8 DLC achievements on my second tag with 0gs in AoT and i get all 8 online

Last edited by MidnightExpres; 03-22-2010 at 02:39 AM.
MidnightExpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #63
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Let me question this: If you get all the DLC cheeves (like I did), can you now still get the MP cheeves or no?

Doesn't really bother me, cause I have no desire to get them, but I'd assume other do/will.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #64
JeanRob

Ghost JeanRob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedChuva View Post
Let me question this: If you get all the DLC cheeves (like I did), can you now still get the MP cheeves or no?
I can't confirm you since I haven't tried (and won't be able to) but this shouldn't be a problem.

I'll update my tutorial with your question, thanks
JeanRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #65
PIKERB10

Js2Death's Gamercard
so let me get this straight you cant unlock any achievements if you have multiplayer achievements and you cant play online? Is that right? Well if it is that a bunch of FBS.
PIKERB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #66
xcarmacksx

x Carmacks x's Gamercard
Just wondering if this has been fixed or not. Don't want to play it if I can't get my achievements!!
xcarmacksx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #67
sansot

Chavez XL's Gamercard
Not yet, Carmacks.
I checked out the official Army of Two forums and a community manager, SpenserNorrish, said:
"Hey, this issue is being worked on right now. It's an issue on the Xbox side of things, so the fix will happen automatically and not require a patch or anything of that sort. Thanks for pointing it out!"
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/452181.page

That was posted on the 18th. Hopefully it'll be worked out soon.

Last edited by sansot; 03-23-2010 at 11:23 PM.
sansot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #68
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansot View Post
Not yet, Carmacks.
I checked out the official Army of Two forums and a community manager, SpenserNorrish, said:
"Hey, this issue is being worked on right now. It's an issue on the Xbox side of things, so the fix will happen automatically and not require a patch or anything of that sort. Thanks for pointing it out!"

That GLITCH has been "patched". However, it's still impossible for most of us to unlock DLC achievements.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #69
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
i haven't retried to get the achievements yet. but if it's going to be fixed automaticaly, i don't see how it would be possible to get the achievement for collecting masks once you already collected the masks while it was glitched. the game already knows they were collected and puts $1000 where the masks used to be.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 AM   #70
BosmaniaK

Bosmaniak's Gamercard
cmon man
fix this shit already!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:35 AM   #71
sansot

Chavez XL's Gamercard
I found EA's live support chat. I'm in line and have quite a wait, but I'll post up what they tell me.
And after waiting in the queue for 30 minutes, the chat session was canceled as there were no available agents. Makes sense given that it's after midnight here, but shouldn't it then be disabled? Yeesh.
Anyway, I sent them e-mail and I'm planning on trying the chat again tomorrow during business hours. I'll keep y'all posted.

Last edited by sansot; 03-24-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #72
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansot View Post
Not yet, Carmacks.

Hey Sansot,

I'm afraid that you misinterpreted that quote. That was to fix the problem with the achievements not updating on xbox.com or on ones GT after they have earned the achievements.

As of now, EA has not acknowledged nor updated us with any information regarding the fact that most of us can't unlock the achievements at all.

I've been checking the official forums everyday, and even tried contacting technical support via E-mail, and a representative has yet to contact me.

Also, that live support function is terrible. I've tried it at several points throughout the day during "normal" business hours and every time I'm up it's always the same message "Your session has been canceled as there are no available agents." It seems rather pointless.
Cheers

EDIT: As soon as I wrote this response, I went over to the live chat and immediately got a representative named Brian...go figure. Here is what he had to say.

Brian: Hi, my name is Brian. How may I help you?
: Hey Brian how are you today?
Brian: I am fine how are you?
: I'm good thanks for asking. I've made an effort to contact you today in regard to the game Army of two: the 40th day
Brian: Ok
: In regards to the recent Downloadable Content that has become available called Chapters of Deceit
: The problem I am having, mind you I am playing it on the Xbox360, is that I am unable to attain any of the achievements that come with the DLC.
: I've tried clearing the cahce, redownloading the DLC, recovering my GT
: and nothing seems to work
: I know I am performing the correct actions to attain the achievements as some of them are rather straight forward such as completing Chapter 8 or 9, but I've beaten the DLC at least 5 times now and have not earned a single achievement from the it.
: Well, that's my problem, I have been posting on the official forums in hope to get an answer from someone, but I have yet to get a response from someone at EA on the forums, or in the Email i sent. So i figure I'd talk to a live representative to get some answer.
: So I am looking for a resolve for this dilemma, if you could please help me.
Brian: Yes sure.
Brian: If you give me permission so can I escalate this issue to my supervisors?
: Permission granted.
Brian: They will contact you via email as soon as possible.Is it fine with you?
: Well Brian, honestly the Email I sent of which I still have my reference number was sent on the 19th of March, and no one has gotten back to me yet.
: So forgive me if I'm a bit weary to trust that your supervisor will contact me via E-mail.
Brian: Could you please provide me the incident no of that email.
: yes I can please give me a minute
Brian: Sure take your time.
: Here we go
: ######-######
Brian: When I escalate this issue to my supervisors that time I will mention it that you have already sent us a mail about this problem.Ok
Brian: Then that will have a look of that incident no. as well.
Brian: Then they*
: Indeed, is there a specific time frame in which I should expect a response from your supervisor?
Brian: Yes they will contact you within 24 hours but sometime due to some circumstances it takes time more then it.
: I suppose that will be acceptable.
Brian: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
: Will you give me an incident number as well? for my references
Brian: Yes you will get an incident no. of this chat in your email after this chat.
: Great! Thank you very much Brian, I hope to hear from your superiors very soon. Thank you for your time. As of now I require no more assistance. Have a good day.
Brian: Thank you for contacting EA and have a nice day.
Brian: Bye!

So there you have it folks. We will see if anything productive will come from this. I will keep you all posted.

Cheers

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Last edited by Master_D; 03-24-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #73
Romefalls86

sakic26's Gamercard
I was on the ropes about EA before this game came out, now that I have played it and experienced this stupid glitch along with many others I think I am done with EA games. Everytime the game is an online game, it never fails that EA screws it up.
60,000[6/6/11] Shipyard Infiltration - The Bourne Conspiracy
Romefalls86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #74
xcarmacksx

x Carmacks x's Gamercard
It sounds like it still isn't fix and won't be for a while now so I guess its on to other non glitching games. EA is so big you would think they could afford to pay people to test out their products before releasing to avoid this crap. Hell I would love this job. Anyways thanks to everyone for the updates.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #75
BosmaniaK

Bosmaniak's Gamercard
Master_D, thanks for persuing this.
I hope it'll help
Old 03-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #76
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarmacksx View Post
It sounds like it still isn't fix and won't be for a while now so I guess its on to other non glitching games. EA is so big you would think they could afford to pay people to test out their products before releasing to avoid this crap. Hell I would love this job. Anyways thanks to everyone for the updates.
I don't think there is a QA department in EA. Instead, we have paid to become the Game Testers.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #77
Superficial Bx

Superficial Bx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romefalls86 View Post
I was on the ropes about EA before this game came out, now that I have played it and experienced this stupid glitch along with many others I think I am done with EA games. Everytime the game is an online game, it never fails that EA screws it up.
Every online game has its own problems.
Superficial Bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #78
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
Yes, most of the online games have various problems. But the fact is that they offered me a content for 800 MS, I paid the requested price and can't get the 100% of the promised content. Lot of other gamers did the same and all of us want to have the full content which we decided to buy. If any of us decided to buy this DLC bcs it has achievements (incl. me) we want to get that achievements otherwise I'll say thanks guys it's not the content which I paid for so refill my account with 800MS, cancel the 1250G update on XBL and leave me alone, don't bother me with unfair and incorrect offers anymore. Anybody who plays dlcs just for fun can be happy with this, but ppl addicted to achievements can't drop any tears for the poor developers and publishers with theyr problems. Business is business from both sides.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #79
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATYATEX View Post
Yes, most of the online games have various problems. But the fact is that they offered me a content for 800 MS, I paid the requested price and can't get the 100% of the promised content. Lot of other gamers did the same and all of us want to have the full content which we decided to buy. If any of us decided to buy this DLC bcs it has achievements (incl. me) we want to get that achievements otherwise I'll say thanks guys it's not the content which I paid for so refill my account with 800MS, cancel the 1250G update on XBL and leave me alone, don't bother me with unfair and incorrect offers anymore. Anybody who plays dlcs just for fun can be happy with this, but ppl addicted to achievements can't drop any tears for the poor developers and publishers with theyr problems. Business is business from both sides.
Although I would still buy it if it didn't have any achievements, I still can't tolerate that they made such poor effort to perfect (or finish) their products.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #80
fear30x

Fear30x's Gamercard
i didnt buy the dlc , i dont care about the achievement points just finishing a game unocking the achievement, in this case my king of the hill achievements still hasnt unlocked, EA sugguest that i buy a manual to play the game ?(multiplayer manual) their sh*ts always glitched, i made better games back on apple pc''s back in the early 80's
fear30x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #81
psitaylor

Just finished my call with microsoft customer support , they asked me to call EA... my god... seems i will never get my 800 points back.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #82
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
It's not a surprise that MS pushes the responsibility away to EA ( against the fact that the whole achievement system is MS's child) also not a surprise that EA don't take care of our problem at all they did the same in the past ( the unplayable lagging servers for Ao2 part1 remained the same p.o.s., BF:BC2 came out with a dead multiplayer server park at the first day it started to turn to normal in the past few days etc.) they do it now and will do the same in the future, they know very well that we're addicted to games,add-ons and cheevos so we'll buy the products and will pay for them in advance, so the money will be in the pocket, nothing else matter for them so don't expect anything from both parts. Btw if we can get our 800MS back it's only a financial compensation, if they can't/don't want to fix the issue the fair way would be to reduce the game back to 1000G.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #83
xcarmacksx

x Carmacks x's Gamercard
Glad to see they aren't in a hurry to fix this. Just gives me time to play other games. Though I like this game and was looking foward to playing the dlc. Don't think i'll buy it now, nice job EA way to take care of your customers
Old 03-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #84
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATYATEX View Post
It's not a surprise that MS pushes the responsibility away to EA ( against the fact that the whole achievement system is MS's child) also not a surprise that EA don't take care of our problem at all they did the same in the past ( the unplayable lagging servers for Ao2 part1 remained the same p.o.s., BF:BC2 came out with a dead multiplayer server park at the first day it started to turn to normal in the past few days etc.) they do it now and will do the same in the future, they know very well that we're addicted to games,add-ons and cheevos so we'll buy the products and will pay for them in advance, so the money will be in the pocket, nothing else matter for them so don't expect anything from both parts. Btw if we can get our 800MS back it's only a financial compensation, if they can't/don't want to fix the issue the fair way would be to reduce the game back to 1000G.
Since when do EA care about the fair way?

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #85
Paul Broughton

Razza69's Gamercard
This is the reason so many people hate Ea!!!! Just did chapter 8, online coop and no pings!! Met all the criterias for the achievements in that chapter too with no joy.
I had a simular problem with the crash course DLC in left 4 dead so i did all the achievements in that offline on my own. I would give this a try but i seriously dislike this game mainly due to EA being sloppy. The game just doesn't feel complete to me.

Paul Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #86
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Broughton View Post
This is the reason so many people hate Ea!!!! Just did chapter 8, online coop and no pings!! Met all the criterias for the achievements in that chapter too with no joy.
I had a simular problem with the crash course DLC in left 4 dead so i did all the achievements in that offline on my own. I would give this a try but i seriously dislike this game mainly due to EA being sloppy. The game just doesn't feel complete to me.
I did some of the achievements offline either by myself or with a second profile logged in just to see if the achievements work on an account without any other AoT:TFD achievements. And no matter how I tried, my account couldn't get any achievement; but the second account just worked fine, every achievement unlocked as soon as requirements were met.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #87
Paul Broughton

Razza69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
I did some of the achievements offline either by myself or with a second profile logged in just to see if the achievements work on an account without any other AoT:TFD achievements. And no matter how I tried, my account couldn't get any achievement; but the second account just worked fine, every achievement unlocked as soon as requirements were met.

So as a few people have said in above posts, if you have any of the online achievements from the original list then none of the dlc achievements will unlock!!
God damn EA bullshit wankers!!! Never buying another EA game. Too many problems with their games.

Paul Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #88
sansot

Chavez XL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
Hey Sansot,
I'm afraid that you misinterpreted that quote. That was to fix the problem with the achievements not updating on xbox.com or on ones GT after they have earned the achievements.
Yeah, I realized that after I found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
I've been checking the official forums everyday, and even tried contacting technical support via E-mail, and a representative has yet to contact me.
Yes, I too sent an e-mail (received a confirmation saying I would hear back within a day) and am yet to hear a response. You're the closest to resolution I've seen yet, man. Keep us posted.

I was just able to get the chat to work myself. My guy seemed a bit more confused on the issue than the one who helped you, Master D. Here's my transcript:

Dale: Hi, my name is Dale. How may I help you?
: Hi Dale how are you?
Dale: Hi
Dale: I am fine.
Dale: Thank you
Dale: And How are you doing?
: I'm alright
: Just a have a bit of a problem with the 40th Day
: Specifically, with the achievements for the DLC.
Dale: Okay
Dale: Please go ahead
: It seems that none of them will unlock for me.
: And that this seems to be a very common problem for those of us on the 360.
: I was hoping to hear some word on a potential fix.
Dale: In order to assist you with this issue , we request you to please provide us with the following details:

Your Ea.com account name:
The E-mail address listed on your gamertag:
Your Gamertag:
Your date of birth:
Your Zip code :
: Sure
: EA account name, I believe is:
Dale: Please allow me few minutes.
Dale: I will get back to you soon.
Dale: Could you please tell me that which DLC you talking about?
: yes, it's the Chapters of Deceit for Army of Two: the 40th Day
Dale: Let me investigate again.
Dale: Could you please tell me that what is your issue exactly.
Dale: I am sorry for the confusion,
Dale: And also for the inconvenience.
: Sure. None of the 8 achievements (that were added with the release of Chapters of Deceit) will unlock.
: Despite having done the required acts necessary to unlock the achievements.
Dale: After reviewing your request the situation seems to be more gameplay related rather than something we can resolve through technical troubleshooting or adjustments to your account details. We would recommend searching for answers through the games forums to see if other users have had similar trouble;

http://forum.EA.com
Dale: Is there anything else I may help you with?
Dale: It was pleasure chatting with you today. For your convenience and future reference, you will receive a detailed transcript of our chat by email.
: Um
: I have searched for answers
: There are MANY other members in the community who are having this problem.
: Unfortunately no one has answers
Dale: Okay.
: EA is yet to release any information regarding this problem.
Dale: I suggest you to post your issue there
Dale: I hope our developers will respond you or other gamers will provide the solution.
: I understand that you probably cannot directly help me here, but is there anyway notice of this issue could be forwarded up the chain so that a fix might be implemented?
Dale: I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Dale: I appreciate your co-operation./
Dale: Please post your issue on the forums .
Dale: Thank you for your participation. Have a wonderful day.

Bye and take care!

Thanks & Best Regards!
: Thank you
Dale: You are welcome.

Not a lot of help right? So I've now posted a topic on the official forum:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...5.page#4319392
I'll be sure to post here as well with any updates.

Last edited by sansot; 03-26-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #89
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Hello again ladies and gents.

Hark the herald sings, I bring you news from the land of EA! Well as most of you have read previously I've been tailing this thing trying to get some sort of resolve out of EA. Well surprise, surprise, after being thoroughly assured a supervisor would contact me (see above transcript), I'm left once again without any type of response.

The leaders on the official forums seem to be on hiatus as well as the complaints and stories about glitched achievements continue to pour in. I would say I'm shocked, but then I'd be lying. Hmmm I knew there was a reason EA wouldn't hire me. ZING!

@Sansot....that transcript made me laugh out loud. Dale had no idea what was going on. I'm not sure what options you clicked on from the drop down menu to get him, but here is what I chose:

Xbox360, AO2: TFD, technical, update/patches

On another note, I was helping a friend with AO2:TFD today and I noticed something peculiar in my Stats screen. At the very bottom it says "Time taken to complete Chapter 8" and "Time taken to beat chapter 9". What's peculiar is that even though I have beaten both chapters at least 5 times, in my stats screen the time taken still reads 00:00:00.

Has any one else that has beaten both chapters noticed this?

Cheers

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #90
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Man, I'm still waiting on a fix before getting this. I wonder if I buy it and play it offline - For the first time - that I might be able to get the achieves to unlock. Has anyone else tried this or have they just tried playing it offline AFTER it didn't work online?

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote