PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Army of Two: The 40th Day
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #91
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
...guys! Any news? Dose the DLC work now?

Thank you.

RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:41 AM   #92
VinnieMac3601

VinnieMac3601's Gamercard
This is rediculous. I like the campaign and wouldnt mind buying some DLC for the game, but not if its not going to unlock. I only have the DIY PMC achv but spending $10 on some DLC if i wont end up getting all of it, especially since I didnt pay for the game... and even if i were to buy it used i can get the whole game for $12... EA.

Need help to finish the MP of: (just shoot me a message)

A World of Keflings - Trading collectables
Destiny - Raid and Clan Stuff
Magic: The Gathering 2012 - 2 Archenemy Achvs
Contra
Carcassone
Madden Arcade

VinnieMac3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #93
Master_D

Master Damian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Hey Vin,

Hows it going man? You're right it is ridiculous. What's even more ridiculous is the way EA acknowledged the problem and then reneged on it...not to mention the muppets they call tech support...:sigh: I'm still waiting for my refund from MS :rolls eyes:

"I don't fail...I succeed at finding what doesn't work"
Master_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #94
grasn

me and my friend had both the two online achievements:
Big Game Hunting and DIY PMC

we started the DLC and got every achievement besides:

Hit & Miss and Paging Dr Wu

so i opend chapter 8 with my account and he joined with a 24 hours code and new account. The new account had 0GS in army of two and got both achievements on the first try.

So they are glitched for us. EA
Old 12-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #95
Anji

xx anji xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I think everybody knows about EA,their severs are dedicated, they glitch achievements and they save progress to your gamer game.

There is one thing I have wanted to try for mercenaries 2, but it is going to cost me 800 MS points.

While playing battle field demo my gamer tag was AnjL, but a changed it to it's current state. When I went back to play battle field the game, I couldn't unlock a gun for playing the Demo because EA didn't recognize that it was the same gamer under a different tag.

Long story short, I had to call EA and have their customer service fix my EA account.......... I was wondering if another name change could give my a clean slate. Just a thought.

Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #96
JeanRob

Ghost JeanRob's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
There is one thing I have wanted to try for mercenaries 2.
I also had trouble with a glitched achievement on that one, I know how you feel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
I was wondering if another name change could give my a clean slate. Just a thought.
This could be a good idea. But I'm not going to pay to change my gamertag, especially for this reason. But if you ever try, please tell us if it worked.
Thanks for the new theory by the way.
JeanRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #97
bigtankdawg

BigTankDawg's Gamercard
DAMN!!! I just bought the DLC... I wish I'd seen this thread before I bought it... Ugh... Such a waste of money. EA is getting a reputation for being a shitty developer for crap like this.

Please send a message before you send a Friend Request.
bigtankdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #98
RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

...no updates?

Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #99
RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

I can confirm that the achievements are still glitched

Today I went through every achievement (multiple times) and nothing!

Thanks EA! Thanks!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #100
Evokyr

Evokyr's Gamercard
I deleted all my game updates (must be done offline) and then went back online, put the disc in and downloaded the updates again, still no achievements.. the only way should be deleting all your AOT achievements and earn them again, only microsoft can do that so the only way too earn them, is to not earn or have any of the online achievements, wich is useless if you have them.
Evokyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #101
RaT3dRGambler

Rat3dRGambler's Gamercard
Fail EA !! assholes just dont care
RaT3dRGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #102
GBisset

GBisset's Gamercard
after numerous attempts contacting EA there response was they didnt know of any problem regarding the DLC, so went and kicked off on the EA live chat and now waiting for response off senior person with 48hrs via email
GBisset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #103
OptimusPrime76

KnightFall 539's Gamercard
I'm playing through the main campaign at the moment and quite enjoying it.

Having read this thread can I confirm that as long as I don't go online and earn any other online achievement the dlc will work fine for me. I haven't touched the online modes yet and thought I would finish the campaign then buy the dlc.

Cheers
People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either.
OptimusPrime76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #104
GBisset

GBisset's Gamercard
Update from EA support:

Hello Gamer,

Thank you for contacting EA Support regarding this issue. I can understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you thus far.

Sorry for the delay. At this time this is a known issue, and our developers are working on finding the specific reason this is happening to some customers. I apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured, you should have some more info regarding this soon. Please check for updates and FAQ's they will be submitting regarding this issue on support.ea.com. Thanks!

Feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions regarding this issue. You can update your support request by clicking on the My Questions link on http://support.ea.com.

Thank You,

Kaeri P.
Tier 3 Customer Support
Electronic Arts

Thats the last reply ive had from them which i received today, which is hopefully good news if it is the case that they are going to fix it, but only time will tell as we know what EA is like. but atleast they've finally admitted they are broken rather than denying it like they use to
Old 02-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #105
GBisset

GBisset's Gamercard
basically you need to earn all 1000g before you download dlc then you wont have the problem the rest of us have had to deal with
Old 02-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #106
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Hopefully they are actually investigating the issue, I actually really enjoy the Army of Two series and it disappoints me greatly that this kind of thing happened. Though even greater things have happened in regards to glitched achievements being patched or added (Dark Void being the poster child) so here's hoping!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #107
Unluckyclover

UnluckyClover's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBisset View Post
basically you need to earn all 1000g before you download dlc then you wont have the problem the rest of us have had to deal with
You may need to revisit the DLC glitch...if you get all 1000g and then play the DLC you will recieve 0G. you must do the DLC BEFORE the online
Unluckyclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #108
GBisset

GBisset's Gamercard
no you dont, once you get a dlc achievement you lose the chance to get one achievement from the original 1000, so if you get all 8 dlc achievements you wont beable to get 8 achievements from the original 1000, that is what the glitch is that EA is trying to fix. that is why like everyone else who suffered this fate have passed on that you need to get all 1000g before doing the dlc achievements or you will suffer to the glitch the rest of us are going through. as once you get all 1000g the glitch wont happen aslong as you havent downloaded the dlc

Last edited by GBisset; 02-20-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #109
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
no you dont, once you get a dlc achievement you lose the chance to get one achievement from the original 1000, so if you get all 8 dlc achievements you wont beable to get 8 achievements from the original 1000, that is what the glitch is that EA is trying to fix. that is why like everyone else who suffered this fate have passed on that you need to get all 1000g before doing the dlc achievements or you will suffer to the glitch the rest of us are going through. as once you get all 1000g the glitch wont happen aslong as you havent downloaded the dlc
Sorry, but GBisset you got it reversed. Just like what Unlucky said, finish DLC achievements before attempting online ones, and you should get all the 1250G. You will get nothing out of DLC if you try online first. I myself am a perfect and miserable example of this theory.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #110
GBisset

GBisset's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
Sorry, but GBisset you got it reversed. Just like what Unlucky said, finish DLC achievements before attempting online ones, and you should get all the 1250G. You will get nothing out of DLC if you try online first. I myself am a perfect and miserable example of this theory.
well if im wrong then im wrong but im not as you can get g for dlc achievements if you've played online as i had a few online achievements before getting some dlc achievements and for every online achievement i got then i couldnt get one dlc one,as like i said earlier aslong as you dont have 8 online achievements then you can get some dlc but if you have too many then you wont get dlc. the same as all my mates who managed to max this game had to get all 1000g before doing the dlc as that was how they maxed it out to 1250g, maybe the glitch has acted differently to others but either way this stupid glitch wont let me have some online and some dlc achievements

Last edited by GBisset; 02-21-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #111
Unluckyclover

UnluckyClover's Gamercard
Quote:
well if im wrong then im wrong but im not as you can get g for dlc achievements if you've played online as i had a few online achievements before getting some dlc achievements and for every online achievement i got then i couldnt get one dlc one,as like i said earlier aslong as you dont have 8 online achievements then you can get some dlc but if you have too many then you wont get dlc. the same as all my mates who managed to max this game had to get all 1000g before doing the dlc as that was how they maxed it out to 1250g, maybe the glitch has acted differently to others but either way this stupid glitch wont let me have some online and some dlc achievements
PLEASE try and use punctuation, your posts are impossible to read. You have contradicted yourself in your last post, and you still aren't getting it. Each online achievment makes one DLC achievment unattainable. So this means if you have 1000g in the game, you CANNOT get the DLC achievements.
Unluckyclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #112
Mr Bomby

Mr Bomby's Gamercard
I can also confirm that if you have no online achievements you can get all of the DLC achievements. I have 0 online achievements and have gotten all the DLC chievos without any problems.
Mr Bomby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #113
luuwat

luuwat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
thank god i didnt touch any of those online achievements, got all the add-ons now i can get the rest

thanks for the news,
luuwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #114
DeadMan XXXXXXX

Deadman XXXXXXX's Gamercard
I can confirm that the commonly accepted explanation of how this glitch works is accurate, and hopefully settle the above argument.

I first completed every single player achievement for 800 out of the original thousand. Second, I knocked out all the DLC achievements for the 250, bringing the total GS for the game to 1050. I'm now lastly starting to get the multiplayer achievements, and they're unlocking with no issue whatsoever.

So do it in that exact order and you should be fine getting the 1250/1250.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #115
Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Any current news on whether or not there has been a fix released yet? If people stop caring and complaining to EA, they'll never feel like they have to be accountable for the products they release.I submitted a new question to the customer support team today. I'm pissed!

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #116
DragonYen

DragonYen's Gamercard
There is a fix posted at TrueAchievements. I posted it on the EA forums but after a week, they deleted it.

Here's a link to the fix : http://www.trueachievements.com/a609...chievement.htm

Oh, it's posted here too : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=309432

Last edited by DragonYen; 06-28-2011 at 02:15 PM.
DragonYen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #117
JeanRob

Thanks a lot for the fix mister. I'll update the first post to make it more visible.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 AM   #118
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Thank god I checked this post today. Now everything is solved as you can see I have unlocked every DLC achievement in my profile. Thanks to the original poster ANIM4L and of course JeanRob for collecting all this information.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #119
JeanRob

Ok I got them aswell but while using a new and empty save that weirdly wouldn't allow me play online.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #120
Tibbs

Sylentstryker's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I would suggest you go back to the dashboard before you connect to xbox live and download the update.. But it work great thank you guys

Thanks Spazaz Man For Awesome Sig
Tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote