PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #31
soundlessb00m

soundlessb00m's Gamercard
I can't really say what I did as I have zero idea of what counted as the "airborn" kills.

I tried killing the Knights solely with grenades, I must have killed 30 of them without the achievement popping.

So I went onto regular enemies with the jetpacks. I tried the group of them in "The Prophesised One", there are 4 after the 2 turrets - I killed all 4 of them about 10 times each and nothing popped.

So I went onto 3-3 The Revolt and just threw grenades at the enemies hoping I would hear the achievement pop noise - and I did! I cannot say whether it makes a difference if the enemies are hovering or actually boosting but one thing I can confirm is that you DO NOT need to reach a checkpoint for kills to save. They accumulate even if you chose to restart the level.

Buggy game and I am looking forward to never even looking at the cover again
soundlessb00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #32
isaacballs

isaacballs's Gamercard
I unlocked my Fireworks cheevo while throwing a grenade above a enemy AA-Gun

So in case the mentioned method doesnt work try it out on 10 AA-guns during the game, the grenade must explode ABOVE!!! the AA-gun though and kill it

isaacballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #33
willer wallow

pattonfever666's Gamercard
it unlocked for me. just kept using grenades on the knights and flying pawns, after finishing it on medium and a little grinding it popped up.
willer wallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #34
lzAvol

lzAvol's Gamercard
The correct way to do this is written here. The achievement itself is not glitched, it's the description that is wrong. You have to kill 10 enemies using the correct timing when launching the grenade to make it explode before it reaches the ground. That's also WHY it's called "Fireworks". This is confirmed, with 10 kills it pops up.

EDIT: That's why it works so random in the other cases, and why it works in the vertical sections. You don't need to kill flying enemies.

Last edited by lzAvol; 09-27-2010 at 02:17 AM.
lzAvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #35
jmuffin27

jmuffin27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzAvol View Post
The achievement itself is not glitched, it's the description that is wrong. You have to kill 10 enemies using the correct timing when launching the grenade to make it explode before it reaches the ground. That's also WHY it's called "Fireworks". This is confirmed, with 10 kills it pops up.

EDIT: That's why it works so random in the other cases, and why it works in the vertical sections. You don't need to kill flying enemies.
That makes a lot of sense, because I got it in section 1-2 on my second play through while killing two guys who were in cover and i was so confused. I guess thats why it popped! Because it didn't hit the ground
jmuffin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #36
D_J_3

buttoon's Gamercard
even with the achievement being written wrong it much be glitched to some extent i have tried all possible methods on the internet many many times and still nothing.... i dont know what else to try now :/
Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #37
Robert-da-pro

Robert da Pro's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Can confirm that this method works, i got the achievement on smaller flying watchers in middle of that level during my second run. So pick these kills up too on the way if you can because they count also!

Robert-da-pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #38
steuyfish

Stueyfish's Gamercard
I was reading on the playstation forums that the achievement description is actually wrong. It apparently is for cooking the grenade long enough that it explodes in the air killing the enemies, not actually killing airborne enemies.
I'm off to give it a try, but I've killed like a million airborne enemies with no love.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #39
nubdge

nubdge's Gamercard
DEFINETLY NOT GLITCHED,JUST DESCRIBED WRONG,SOMEONE POSTED THAT ON PS3 ITS WRITTEN CORRECTLY,SO HAVING NEVER TRIED TO GET THE ACHIEVMENT BEFORE I TRIED IT OUT JUST THROWING GRENADES AS THEY EXPLODE ABOVE THE ROBOTS,AND IT UNLOCKED NO PROBLEM,NOW I HOPE THAT GREASE MONKEY ACHV UNLOCKS WITH NO PROBS!!!
nubdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #40
DestroyThineslf

DestroyThineslf's Gamercard
I just got this one by doing 1-5 a few times to make sure I had over 10 airborne kills and then went to 3-3 like people were suggesting earlier and on my first kill it popped.