PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > College Hoops 2K8
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
hamfam9598

hamfam9598's Gamercard
Easy Free Throws

Since I had someone ask, I figured I'd post my strategy on free throws as they were quite difficult when I first attempted them.

I created a player from the player creator section and built all stats to 99.

Then began an exhibition game (on easiest difficulty) with two controllers (I used the team I placed my created player on).

Set the time to 1 min. halves.

Adjust your sliders for Free Throw difficulty to 0 and all other sliders to 100. (This might be a little overkill, but after my fourth try, I was angry so I wasn't taking anymore chances.)

Using the 2nd controller, press select to intentionally foul. On the 7th intentional foul, you will begin your Free Throws.

After making your free throws, the 2nd controller gets the ball. Don't have them throw it in and it gives them a 5 second violation. You get the ball back. Throw it in and have 2nd controller intentionally foul you again.

MAKE SURE YOUR CREATED PLAYER HAS THE BALL IN HIS HANDS BEFORE YOU COMMIT THE INTENTIONAL FOUL.

You need to make 14/16 to get it. I made all 16/16 using this method.

You need to finish the game in order to get the achievement. I would suggest after making your 16th shot, kill the clock. Don't screw around and take a risk of committing another foul and forcing unnecessary free throws.

Hope this helps. Any questions hit me up GT is hamfam9598
hamfam9598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Molneze3

Molneze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Damn man... i wonder who that was? Who would be asking about this crappy game, its so old!
Ha, i finally got it to work. But i didn't use your way. Every time i tried creating a player and adjusting all the sliders, i could never "Intentionally foul" with my second controller. The only way it would work, was if i used original teams. I tried messing with all the options.
Anyway, i just adjusted the free throw difficulty to "0", left the game mode on "Simulation", dropped game time down to 2 min halfs, turned on a second controller, put the difficulty on "walk-on" and started a game. I picked North Carolina (cuz they always have a well rounded team and one of the best), played against a random bad team. I used the PG Q.Hood for the free throws... And never missed 1. I shot 20 free throws and made all 20 just to be sure. It finally popped.
Also, before i started i went back and erased my previously saved settings in the menu since it wasn't letting me intentional foul for some reason. Deleting that save seemed to get it back working again.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
hamfam9598

hamfam9598's Gamercard
Glad to hear you finally got the achievement.
That is weird about the intentionial foul not working.

I've also experienced weird things like that on games and found deleting data typically restores the issues.
hamfam9598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
Hydrophillic

hydrophillic's Gamercard
You shouldn't have to edit any player for this.

Setting free throw difficulty to 0 is more than adequate.

Intentional fouls don't work for me either, so I set reaching foul slider to 100 and reached in with the other controller.

You should be able to pull it off in 1 minute quarters.
Hydrophillic is offline   Reply With Quote