PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Resonance of Fate
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Laorik

Laorik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Instructions on how to make a lot of rubies fast!

Thought I'd share something i noticed.

For some reason Compact Scope B (beta) sells for 1100 more Rubies than Compact Scope A (alpha) even though they are made with the same materials.

After you finish the side quest Emergency Call-Up! on Chapter 7 (See The Pants Party's guide on Side Quests to find out how), the Traveling Merchant in the Waterless Bridge on Level 8 sells you more items. Including the materials for Compact Scope A/B.

If you buy 1x Scrap Iron (200 Rubies) and 1x Glass Shard (150 Rubies) you can craft them into a Compact Scope B in Ebel City for 3000 Rubies. Then turn around and sell it for 4100 Rubies. Yielding 750 Rubies in profit!

I'm currently making trips back and forth between Level 8 and Level 4 with 999x Scrap Iron and 999x Glass Shard. Every trip nets me 749250 in profit!

This method helps a lot if you don't want to waste all of your hard earned Rubies on the Shopaholic achievement. I personally used this to make enough money to buy materials from the traveling merchant to craft 999x Hand Grenades and Molotovs. Hope this helps some people!

Completed Retail Games: 34
Completed Arcade Games: 31
Xbox.com Profile || 360voice Blog
Currently Working on: Transformers WFC, and Viva Pinata (PC)

Last edited by Laorik; 03-24-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Laorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
mjemirzian

Good write up of this known exploit.
mjemirzian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Might be worth noting that she isn't always at the Waterless Bridge. I think she's only there from 6-9 or something? I'm in 10 and she's gone. Not sure if she comes back or moves elsewhere or what, haven't found her.

~Alan | Anime | Books | TV | Tabletop | Twitter

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
ArcImpulse0

Send a message via AIM to ArcImpulse0

ArcImpulse0's Gamercard
She goes back to Forsaken I think for a few chapters. I'm in 14 now and she's back at the waterless bridge.

Edit: err....scratch that. She's actually hopping back and forth between them for me. I can get her to appear in Forsaken by resting at a nearby terminal or entering and exiting till she's there.

Pretty easy to make these trips though. :P

Last edited by ArcImpulse0; 03-24-2010 at 07:25 PM.
ArcImpulse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Ah, forgot that's where she came from originally. I'll check when I get home if she's there.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 AM   #6
Laronvas

Laronvas's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjemirzian View Post
Good write up of this known exploit.
It may not be an "exploit" in the traditional sense.

Most money exploits tend to involve load/save tricks or duping a bugged item to sell it over and over.

If this was real life you could just be seen as a crafter, taking raw materials crafting something and selling it for mark up.

It's not in the spirit of the game since not everything is the same way but it atleast uses in game mechanics w/o load-saving tricks etc.
Laronvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

So she's at the Waterless Bridge from 6-9, Forsaken from 10-12 and back at the Bridge from there in case anyone can't find her.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
You dont have to wait until chapter 7, you can Start this at Chapter 6.

Also, you really should do this in the earlier chapters because in the later chapters her location seems to change with the time of the day, forcing you to rest a bunch of times to get her to appear.

Also you might want to clear out all the Hex's on the level she is on so you can use your save terminals to teleport you back to your base.

Last edited by SpinelesS; 04-10-2010 at 03:30 AM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #9
Seipherwood

This may be a dumb question, but how do you use a save terminal to teleport to your base? the only options i get are Rest / Save / Dismantle.
Seipherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
Mr Spekulatius

Mr Spekulatius's Gamercard
you have to clear every hex on that level, then u can teleport to your base
Mr Spekulatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
Seipherwood

Oooh nice, guess ill start hoarding mine to clear level 8 then
Seipherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
So she's at the Waterless Bridge from 6-9, Forsaken from 10-12 and back at the Bridge from there in case anyone can't find her.
Hopefully this won't be considered as a necro, but I did not want to create a new thread, after searching and finding this one.

I am now on chapter 16, and am grinding the arena before attempting Neverland. I am low on grenades, and wanted to buy some scrap iron. However, the lady is not at Waterless Bridge *or* Forsaken. The game is currently stuck on Day (I take it that this not a glitch, as some of the people standing around comment on it).

I cannot seem to locate her elsewhere. Does anybody know where she is during Chapter 16, or is she unavailable? All help much appreciated, and apologies if I am being really dense here!!!

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
Koompbala

Koompbala's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Hopefully this won't be considered as a necro, but I did not want to create a new thread, after searching and finding this one.

I am now on chapter 16, and am grinding the arena before attempting Neverland. I am low on grenades, and wanted to buy some scrap iron. However, the lady is not at Waterless Bridge *or* Forsaken. The game is currently stuck on Day (I take it that this not a glitch, as some of the people standing around comment on it).

I cannot seem to locate her elsewhere. Does anybody know where she is during Chapter 16, or is she unavailable? All help much appreciated, and apologies if I am being really dense here!!!
You know its funny because there is one other location shes at and I was gonna post it in this thread, but then I was like nahh this thread is old now I dont know the exact name of the area and since I'm not home currently cant check it for you. Its called "old clock tower" "broken clock" tower its on one of the level 11's/12's.

Koompbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #14
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koompbala View Post
You know its funny because there is one other location shes at and I was gonna post it in this thread, but then I was like nahh this thread is old now I dont know the exact name of the area and since I'm not home currently cant check it for you. Its called "old clock tower" "broken clock" tower its on one of the level 11's/12's.
Thank you *so* much for that! I think that I have a vague recollection of the place that you mean, I will check it out for sure.

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #15
illusio

eeeeal's Gamercard
I can second that

I also found this guide late but this is great - it will help me enjoy more of the game (crazy customization, etc.) and with way less grinding, which is always a win. Thanks much!
illusio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:32 AM   #16
Master Zoen

Send a message via AIM to Master Zoen

Master Zoen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koompbala View Post
In the US NTSC version she shows up at Forsaken (LV 6), Waterless Bridge (LV 8), and Tower of the Righteous (LV 11).

Master Zoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
JemVoid

Xx JeMvOiD xX's Gamercard
Thx for the tip, it's gonna save me some time ^^
JemVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #18
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
so is it possible to do this at all before chapter 6?

edit: its not.

Thanks alot for the tip though! Exponential Rubie gain ftw!!!

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton

Last edited by Bum Commando; 01-08-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #19
Asphodel Nyx

asphodel nyx's Gamercard
It is actually possible to use this 'trick' at any time however you are restricted to looting the items off enemies - I am only on chapter 5 but am utilising this every time i go back to Ebel City with whatever i have managed to loot

Working on: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning; Dragon's Dogma; Soul Calibur 5

1000/1000 : Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim; NCIS Game; Nier; Oblivion; Last Remnant; Eternal Sonata; CSI; CSI Fatal Conspiracy; Lego Star Wars Harry Potter Years 1-4; Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7; Lego Batman

200/200: none as yet

Everything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening
Asphodel Nyx is offline   Reply With Quote