PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Metro 2033
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #31
Pirateogta

Pirateogta's Gamercard
You mean, following your guide I can't even loot dead bodies?
Pirateogta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #32
marthenmania

MarthenMania NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateogta View Post
You mean, following your guide I can't even loot dead bodies?

I finished the game 1000G in 3 playthroughs, and the one i did for the Enlightened, i looted everything i saw or could get my hands on except your fallen comrade later, this guide says in Caves but i think it is right before it. Either way dont pick up his ammo or weapons.

For the markets and stations were you can buy stuff you can just pick up every grade A Army bullets you can find it has nothing to do with the "Karma system" because i picked up everything in the markets i could find and i got my achievement anyway.

Just make sure you get as much flashes as possible,
Follow this guide because it is very handy
Dont take payments for anything,
Give a bullet to al the bums,
finish every conversation,
Dont kill if you dont have to (Black Station ,see guide),
Generaly when you have any options, do the nice or good things,
Walk towards the darkone,
and Shoot the missile guidens system . . . you will get the achievement
marthenmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 AM   #33
Pirateogta

Pirateogta's Gamercard
It's okay to skip scenes when the prompt comes up on the screen to skip, right? Because I skipped the very first scene after the prologue and it sort of skipped the first conversation you have with the guy in your room at Exhibition. I hope that doesn't matter.

Surely you could skip one conversation, or even a few of them and still get it. I doubt everyone who got this achievement did every single thing in the list, or get every single flash.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:32 AM   #34
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's okay to skip scenes when the prompt comes up on the screen to skip, right? Because I skipped the very first scene after the prologue and it sort of skipped the first conversation you have with the guy in your room at Exhibition. I hope that doesn't matter.

Surely you could skip one conversation, or even a few of them and still get it. I doubt everyone who got this achievement did every single thing in the list, or get every single flash.
You can skip the cut-scenes, you may not need to do everything on the list, there are several things which probably don't make a difference but if you follow it you will get the achievement.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 AM   #35
twenty8 wks l8r

twenty8 wks l8r's Gamercard
So youre sure i will get enlightened after following this guide? When exactly will explorer pop , because i want to know if ive been doing it wrong if i dont get it. A reply would be great thanks
twenty8 wks l8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #36
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
You can skip the cut-scenes, you may not need to do everything on the list, there are several things which probably don't make a difference but if you follow it you will get the achievement.
i think you need to do a certain % of them in order for this to unlock i got it my first playthrough by doign generally what i thought was the good way, it prolly just has to outweight the evil things you have done by like double or triple, you shouldnt need everything, but its wise to do so incase something goes wrong down the line.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #37
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for taking the time to make this its a good read and Ill be sure to follow closely.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #38
Pirateogta

Pirateogta's Gamercard
Does anyone know if it matters if you reload a chapter? I missed getting a flash on the one level and I couldn't go back from the last checkpoint. If I load the chapter from the main menu, will it still count all the flashes that I got before that point?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #39
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
i think you need to do a certain % of them in order for this to unlock i got it my first playthrough by doign generally what i thought was the good way, it prolly just has to outweight the evil things you have done by like double or triple, you shouldnt need everything, but its wise to do so incase something goes wrong down the line.
You don't as i skipped them all while playing through with lily to confirm this method. The cut-scenes you can skip don't really add anything they just tell you a bit more story based info. Obviously you can't skip them all.

Quote:
Does anyone know if it matters if you reload a chapter? I missed getting a flash on the one level and I couldn't go back from the last checkpoint. If I load the chapter from the main menu, will it still count all the flashes that I got before that point?
We didn't reload chapters but there are flashes in the game that aren't listed in this guide. They play a part in the overall outcome but missing one probably won't affect your ending. Well I hope not anyhow. I found when playing through trying to for the ending on another playthrough that reloading chapters can be quite damaging.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:08 AM   #40
strum

http://metro2033forums.com/index.php?topic=573.0

This link lists out everything you need to do to get the good ending.
I was worried that looting bullets would be a bad thing but it doesn't look that way.
strum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #41
Rick360

SwellingRick's Gamercard
Thanks a lot for the guide Lily, I got the achievement.
But Explorer did not unlocked. I followed this guide step by step and also the guides for the Explorer and the Ranger achievement.
The only thing I missed was eavesdroping the guys conversation in the troley, frontline.
Can anyone shed some light on this, please???
Thanks in advance.
Rick360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:13 AM   #42
Quickdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick360 View Post
Thanks a lot for the guide Lily, I got the achievement.
But Explorer did not unlocked. I followed this guide step by step and also the guides for the Explorer and the Ranger achievement.
The only thing I missed was eavesdroping the guys conversation in the troley, frontline.
Can anyone shed some light on this, please???
Thanks in advance.
i think its gotta be the first thing you do if you run over and get the night vision goggles you may miss it, i think that was what happened to me i never got it on any of my 3 playthroughs.

you defo don't need all of them, if you miss the odd one or two scripted one's it shouldn't hurt you unless you forget to do some of the other ones. if you miss alot then you will have problems.

explorer is still a dodgy achievement to do, you really need to stop and look for a good while took my 3rd playthrough b4 i explored enuf of the run to actually get it. admittingly i found way much more on that run. my video walkthrough if you follow that will net you the achievement, ive had afew comments that its helped people get it. if you somehow don't manage to get it following this i have upto d6 recorded with more spots that will net the achievement, just for now it seems to be working as it is, so why fix what aint broken .

Old 03-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #43
Rick360

SwellingRick's Gamercard
Just saw your videos.
Starting another playthrough by loading the Exhibition and will follow your steps.
Hope this is my third and final playthrough.
Thanks.
Rick360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #44
Voidist

Voidist's Gamercard
Got the achievement but this would raise more speculation towards getting it.

I only gave two bums bullets, took Burbons advance payment, looted 3 beggar stashes, refused the bullets for saving the boy, didn't loot my comrades corpse & followed bits and pieces in this guide.

I was hoping to get the explorer achievement and the trip wires one but apparently my 12 hours of searching every nook and crevasse along with disarming all the trip wires I found wasn't enough. Probably missed one corpse and wire short of those two knowing my fantabulous luck. :/

Great guide I must say. If someone doesn't get it from following it then that stinks. You might want to add shooting the guidance system in there as well because I strongly believe that is by far the biggest part in all of this.
Voidist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #45
DeadOnArrival19

DeadOnArrival19's Gamercard
Hi guys, sorry to bang on about this, im just about to do my second playthrough tonight to mop up the last achievements got 810G on my first playthrough.

Can i still loot all the dead soldiers or do i have to be good and not take there ammo, ive heard so many storys about only taking ammo out in the open, not taking the bullets from peoples bunks or from dead people. is there any clarity what i can loot and what i cant.

Many thanks guys
also great guide lily
Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #46
Quickdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidist View Post
Got the achievement but this would raise more speculation towards getting it.

I only gave two bums bullets, took Burbons advance payment, looted 3 beggar stashes, refused the bullets for saving the boy, didn't loot my comrades corpse & followed bits and pieces in this guide.

I was hoping to get the explorer achievement and the trip wires one but apparently my 12 hours of searching every nook and crevasse along with disarming all the trip wires I found wasn't enough. Probably missed one corpse and wire short of those two knowing my fantabulous luck. :/

Great guide I must say. If someone doesn't get it from following it then that stinks. You might want to add shooting the guidance system in there as well because I strongly believe that is by far the biggest part in all of this.
use my video on this forum for explorer you should find the bodys you are missing and get it on outpost.

as for i gave the kid a bullet, get a begger a bullet, i missed the guy with a sick child took both bourbans pays and im sure i looted tht dead teammate and still got the achievement. oh and refused pay for saving the kid

at dead myself personally on my enlighten playthrough i didnt find the ammo im pretty sure of most ofum, i clearly remember getting a negative flash from the player on exhibition as i looted the money he got apart from that i cant remember any others, to be safe you could ignore them complete it get enlighten and just replay upto armory again its not that long and you can rush quickly.

Last edited by Quickdraw; 03-30-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:42 AM   #47
mcgraw x3

mcgraw x3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysintrigue View Post
Enlightened Achievement Guide

Below are the outlines for each level, that have been confirmed multiple times, to guarantee the Enlightened ending.

Another big thing is that you can get flashes from skeleton's, so just be on the look out for them.

Exhibition (Infirmary)
+Talk to the guy seated on the box at the top of the stairs just before the entrance to the hospital.
+ Talk to the soldier standing in the line.
+ Talk to the guard inside the hospital.
+ Walk up to the cot with the wounded soldier in the middle of the room on the right.
+ Take the postcard from Hunter.

(Didn't take the gun from the supply locker during the attack)

Exhibition
+ Play the guitar in your quarters.
+ Play the guitar next to the child drawing on the floor.
+ Give a bullet to the man in the Market who asks for a bullet for his sick child.
+ Talk to your step father until the screen flashes.

(You will see two flashes with your step father, one for walking in the room. Then another for continuing the conversation to the end).

Riga
+ Give a bullet to the beggar sitting by the stair's in front of your father's office
+ Turn left and give a bullet to the man in the hallway in front of the tracks.
+ Turn the corner by the tracks, and give a bullet to the beggar
+ Give a bullet to the child who will guide you to Bourbon.
+ When heading down the alley toward's the Toilet's on your left give to the beggar.
+ Right before Bourban, on the second bridge pay all 3 beggar's
+ Do not accept Bourban's payment of bullet's for accompanying him.

Market Station
+ Give a bullet to the begger talking to the young child.

Dead City 1
+ Find and view the dead rangers, several will trigger a flash sequence. *Use this guide to help you find them all here.
+ Play the audio tape in the ranger stash in the building towards the end.

Ghosts
+ You will see several flashes while making your way through this level, just make sure you explore every area you can.
+ As you leave the lines to enter a room, straight ahead in the corner you will find a body.

Cursed
+ When you exit the level, in the room with the memorial / shrine, there are several bullets within the candles where Khan opens the grate. Collect them as you pass through to Armory. Khan mentions that this area is a shrine to hope, confirming the hope theory.

Frontline
+ Turn around and collect the night vision goggles from the storage box at the beginning of the tunnel.
+ Eavesdrop on the group of men sitting on the trolley you arrived on. (Beware though some eavesdropping constitutes as a bad thing.)
+ Find the body lodged in the pipes downstairs from the two injured fascist soldiers.
+ Save the Red Soldiers from the Fascists.

Depot
+ Killed the soldier to stop him from alerting the station.

Defense
+ Take the tape from the commander and broadcast his message to the other stations in "Outpost"
+ Walked through first train car inside the station.
+ Wander upstairs to the sleeping quarters to trigger a memory flash.
+ Find the armory, memory flash will trigger once you enter. (Located up stairs in the gas mask section)
+ Find the body with the cassette player, playing music.

Child
+ Refuse the ammo from the child's mother when you return him safely.

Black Station
+ Eavesdrop on the two guards at the beginning of the level.
+ Eavesdrop on the two guards standing in the hallway.
+ Complete the level without killing any soldiers.
+ Vision, walk towards the Dark One.

Driving to Sparta
+ Talk to Khan until he says you have to go, a golden flash will end the conversation.

Dark Star
+ Vision, walk towards the Dark One.

Caves
+ Did not take ammo or weapon from the fallen comrade.

Looting and collecting ammunition, weapons from here on out will not affect any of the final outcomes of the game.

Hopefully this will help you guy's achieve success with this bothersome achievement.

Lily
does this mean you cant take any ammo from any soldiers? like in frontline you cant loot fallen soldiers? (not the ones you kill but the ones in corners and long hall ways?)
mcgraw x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:44 AM   #48
TheIcemanCometh

Send a message via ICQ to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via AIM to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via MSN to TheIcemanCometh Send a message via Yahoo to TheIcemanCometh

TheIcemanCometh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have a quick question on this. Does anyone know what the EARLIEST point where you get an indication you're NOT going to get the alternate ending? Surely, you don't have to wait until the very last part of the game to know or not. I'm following the guide here now, and don't want to waste any more time than I already have. My playthrough has put me up to Defense so far. The only question I have so far is whether or not I eavesdropped on the right conversation (and for long enough) on Front Lines.
Xbox Community Developer Program (XCDP) member. Please do not message or IM me asking for access to or sharing of my access. The XCDP is currently closed and is not accepting new members at this time.
TheIcemanCometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 AM   #49
BlackMetalJESUS

Does looting the bodies of enemies that you killed count as a negative action? Or is it just looting the bodies of people that you did not kill, just came across, count as negative?
BlackMetalJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:16 AM   #50
lilysintrigue

lilysintrigue's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There is no indication that you are going to receive the good ending other than at the end when your climbing the tower to the top. The Dark One will say "He understands us, He can help us" but besides that no.

You can loot from the soldier's you come across lying on the ground, but do not loot from innocent's or take money from soldier's you can pick pocket. Do not loot from peoples homes or cot's. Let me know if you need any further explanation, and I will try to help!

Don't Say what you feel if It Stink's of disorder
lilysintrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:30 AM   #51
BlackMetalJESUS

Quote:
There is no indication that you are going to receive the good ending other than at the end when your climbing the tower to the top. The Dark One will say "He understands us, He can help us" but besides that no.

You can loot from the soldier's you come across lying on the ground, but do not loot from innocent's or take money from soldier's you can pick pocket. Do not loot from peoples homes or cot's. Let me know if you need any further explanation, and I will try to help!
thanks a ton lily
Old 03-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #52
The Subtle Arts

The Subtle Arts's Gamercard
Ok I just this very second recieved the Enlightenment Achievment, I hardly was good and missed alot of things. All you have to do is spare the Dark one on top of the tower and knock off the laser guidance system. If you wan't the Hostile ending you just kill the dark one.

It's nothing as complicated as anyone has made it out to be.

“Your friends are close, but your enemy is closer.”
- The Road to Suicide, pg 1, line 2

The Subtle Arts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #53
BlackMetalJESUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Subtle Arts View Post
Ok I just this very second recieved the Enlightenment Achievment, I hardly was good and missed alot of things. All you have to do is spare the Dark one on top of the tower and knock off the laser guidance system. If you wan't the Hostile ending you just kill the dark one.

in my game it only gave me the choice to kill the dark one. my reticule was red on the lazer guidance thing, but i was unable to do push it off. maybe you were like, neutral or something?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #54
Quickdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Subtle Arts View Post

sometimes you dont get the option it automatically plays the bad ending and are not given a choice, im pretty sure i looted any ammo i sore within sight and got the good ending. im pretty sure i didnt take bullets in stations cause i wasnt looking most likely, i think ill finish my explorer vid run and see what ending i manage to get could be good. altho i think shooting the dark one gave me a auto bad rating sigh

Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #55
RufftyMan

RufftyMan's Gamercard
Quote:
I thought I wasn't getting this achievement. As I was climbing the tower the dark ones were saying that I brought death and I was there to kill them and must be stopped. But at the end I just shot the guidance system off and ding! enlightened achievement.
RufftyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #56
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Gotta love the use of achievements to promote communism, lol.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #57
lilysintrigue

lilysintrigue's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiedrd View Post
Gotta love the use of achievements to promote communism, lol.
lol, yeah I thought the same thing when I was researching, and figured out the way to do this achievement! Kind of weird, but kind of cool in that they are sort of giving insight to the way of life for the Russian people to gamer's if you think about it.

Don't Say what you feel if It Stink's of disorder
lilysintrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #58
Pirateogta

Pirateogta's Gamercard
I just got the achievement following this guide. I did not take any gold bullets in the main metro stations to make sure I did not steal from anyone. I did not take any bullets given to me as a reward and I refused the bullets from the child's mother.

I walked towards the Dark Ones in both visions where you could. I did not loot the body of the comrade who dies in the dungeons on the way to D6. I also explored every area of every level to make sure I got as many flashes as possible. I did loot every body I came across, including the dead bodies of innocents.

I saved the Reds on Front Line, let everyone live on Black Station, and killed the soldier before he could alert the others on Depot. I found every ranger stash on Dead City 1 & 2. I did not take the gun from the locker in the very first level. I gave to every beggar I saw, the kid who leads you to Bourbon, and the guy with the sick child. I talked to Khan in Driving to Sparta until I got the gold flash.

On my way up the tower at the end, the Dark Ones were whispering "he can understand us" instead of "we must destroy him". Then I got a different vision than normal of a red battlefield with Dark Ones and humans. After that, the Dark Ones did say "we must stop him", and I was afraid I wasn't going to get it. Then after the part where you have to shoot the Dark One, you are back on the top of the tower with the Dark One lying in front of you and you are able to shoot the targeting device off the tower.

1000/1000 after 3 playthroughs. Yay!

Last edited by Pirateogta; 04-03-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #59
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
im on my 3rd playthrough n just got explorer on cave..
thought i was gonna have 2 do another playthrough...
pretty much done everything off this guide aswell so should hopefully get enlightened in the next 30mins.. 1000 is so close!!!
Shaun_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #60
Mighty_Red2009

Bullock999's Gamercard
Hey,

I have jst started of the ghost chapter and since the start of the level i have beenn unable to do any action which involves pressing X e.g. looting or open doors, Y e.g. use medikits or changing wepon ?!

what i want to know is that if i load the ghost chapter again at the main menu will it effect all of previous work towards the enlightened achivevment.

p.s i have tried reloading checkpoint but that doesn't affect it.
Mighty_Red2009 is offline   Reply With Quote