PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Game Room
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Surviving Finalizer

OK, the high score was easy enough but it seems the upgrades get crappier as i go any tips on lasting 4 minutes?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Psymox

Psymox's Gamercard
I just got this after trying for a while, I managed 4:44. The tips I can give are not that useful, but...

- Learn the level; Remembers what is next and the way they move/shoot.
- Upgrade twice so if you do get hit you don't loose a life.
- After your upgraded, try and get the Time stopper or Crasher buffs.
- Don't try and get a power-up if there is to much to dodge.

That is about it. Sorry I can't help more. Just keep practicing. Good luck.
Psymox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
littlejay

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
the little suicide ships about 2.5 minutes in take 2 lives everytime! ive got no time to dodge them in any way. that part sucks the most
Old 03-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Psymox

Psymox's Gamercard
Yeah, surviving both them attacks saved me some lives.

- Know when they are about to come and position yourself at the bottom middle of the screen.
- When they spawn fly straight up firing at the top ship.
- When near the top move either left or right, round over the top and down on the opposite side of them.
- While flying backwards keep firing (They should all group up so flying backwards and firing should finish them off).
Psymox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
D4RKXPOW3R

D4RKXPOW3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Here is a trick that helped me a lot (and not just in this game)....CHANGE THE CONTROLS! I can't stress this enough, the default setting sucks. I think for Finalizer, the setting was "C"...the fire button was A, and RT was the Shield....Just hold down RT and fire away. If you are already doing this, and still struggling, well...for the suicide ships, simple move forward and let them follow you upwards, then move behind them and shoot them. If you have a shield, you can take 2 hits from them before losing it. Also keep in mind, if you see an 'R' letter pop up on your guy, that means the next weapon you get will replace your shield, so try to make it a time stopper (the yellow looking symbol) to give yourself a few extra seconds.

D4RKXPOW3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
littlejay

ok! didnt know you could change controls! thanks
Old 03-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Might seem obvious, but make use of your shield. If you're having trouble with the suicide ships, sit in the bottom left corner and let them run into your shield. You need the robot upgrade thing, but it is pretty useful. Also, try to stay at least half way up the screen. The enemy ships will spawn above you, giving you time to maneouvre.

Last of all, whilst you're halfway up the screen, keep an eye out for upgrades before they spawn. There will be a little star like thing. If you get this, your gun fires a hell of a lot faster from what I can tell.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:15 AM   #8
littlejay

4:48

thanks for the tips!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 AM   #9
OneSweetShannon

OneSweetShannon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't know you could change controls either! I'll have to try this out tomorrow. I've already spent like 4 hours on this game trying to get survival gold. I've come in at 3:4x about 5 times, and am so frustrated.

Retail 100% - 29 * Arcade 100% - 12

Goals for 2011
55K by Christmas
80% Completion
Finish original 1000 in GTA IV
Finish Luxor 2
Finish Gears of War 2
OneSweetShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
Loopstahblue

Loopstahblue's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I managed 4:19 last night after getting 3:40ish repeatedly for over an hour.

What I did was pick up the robot at the first power up.
Pick up Crash at the second power up for an extra life as there are a lot of enemies close together for this one.
Pick up the 2nd robot next.
Get Time Stopper or Crash for the rest of the power ups.

Each time stopper gives you 5 seconds so they help build the time up as the map stops scrolling, I think I got about 5 so that added 25 seconds onto my end time, and the crashes can build up your lives.

If you can pick up some time stoppers then you should be at about 4 min by the time you reach the green sea area and get the little lines of robots that fly up from the sea and then rush at you.

Getting an idea of which enemies will crash into you on the bottom of the screen also helps, as a lot don't go down that far so you can focus on dodging their shots instead.

Arcade (19): 1v100, Kingdom for Keflings, Battlefield 1943, Sealife Safari, Dash of Destruction, Maw (250), Wallace & Gromit Ep:1-4, Vandal Hearts, MtG: DotP (350), Comix Zone, Cellfactor, Altered Beast, Harm's Way, Costume Quest (250), Deathspank, From Dust, FFXIII

WP7 (7): Monopoly, Fruit Ninja, FH Poker, Butterfly, WM Club, Ghostscape, WWTBAM?
Loopstahblue is offline   Reply With Quote