PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Just Cause 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #31
miedzianek

miedzianek's Gamercard
'Note: Completed missions will receive a green check on the map, which makes it very easy to track down the ones you haven't done yet.'

Nope,they just disappear from map,so change this

Also for Perfectionist-100% locations counts toward this achievment

30K REACHED 15.08.2009
40K REACHED 10.10.2009
50k REACHED 12.01.2010
60k REACHED 27.04.2010
70k REACHED 25.12.2010
80k REACHED 10.06.2011
90k REACHED 25.10.2011
100k REACHED 10.04.2012
110k REACHED 16.07.2012
120k REACHED 23.12.2012
130k REACHED ??????????

173 fully completed games
miedzianek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #32
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miedzianek View Post
'Note: Completed missions will receive a green check on the map, which makes it very easy to track down the ones you haven't done yet.'

Nope,they just disappear from map,so change this

Also for Perfectionist-100% locations counts toward this achievment
Fixed, thanks.

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #33
miedzianek

miedzianek's Gamercard
'Note: Like faction missions, completed challenges will receive a check, making it very easy to track down remaining challenges.'

Also change this

For kiling frenzy-there is a mission for Ular Boys where you must cover the Temple.There are 3 waves of enemy,each ~6+2 in cars.Very easy

30K REACHED 15.08.2009
40K REACHED 10.10.2009
50k REACHED 12.01.2010
60k REACHED 27.04.2010
70k REACHED 25.12.2010
80k REACHED 10.06.2011
90k REACHED 25.10.2011
100k REACHED 10.04.2012
110k REACHED 16.07.2012
120k REACHED 23.12.2012
130k REACHED ??????????

173 fully completed games
miedzianek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:06 AM   #34
geordiedeviant

geordiedeviant's Gamercard
I only got the game today..but to help with your drive them all...on the minimap I could swear that vehicles I hadn't driven were highlighted and orange. Hopefully this is correct as it's going to be a ball ache finding them all if not.

geordiedeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #35
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think i'll start on hardcore and trying getting the difficulty achievemnet right away , then start a new game on easy to do everything else
Old 03-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #36
NameTaken69

SFX Pwner's Gamercard
For people struggling with the Parachute Climber achievement there is a much easier way to do it.. [credit goes to another member here, I just can't remember who posted it]

Start a mission and pause and go to abort mission.. but just before you do that, grapple and open your parachute.. when you respawn at your nearest stronghold the achievement should unlock. Someone mentioned it has to be a stronghold higher then the mission you were doing but I just did it on a random mission and didn't pay any attention to where I was and it still unlocked.

Also, to save you some work, there is no need for you to make a list of the vehicles.. unless you are planning on adding where you found them. For anyone that doesn't know, go to your map and push the RT and go to vehicles. It lists them all and has a green check mark for all the ones you have used.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #37
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Great guide dude!

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #38
cra

Send a message via ICQ to cra

cra x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
stunt flyer works with rivers too, got the timer while doing the bridge limbo. btw bridge limbo is cumulative like in GTA if you do them outside of a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis
And always listen to Cra, his guides are absolutely badass
Guides: Ninja Blade, The Saboteur, Bayonetta, Alien Breed Ep1, AvP, Supreme Commander 2,N3 2, Legends of Troy, Half-Minute Hero:SMNC, Gatling Gears(most likely)

Last edited by cra; 03-28-2010 at 11:13 AM.
cra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #39
Heart Break Cid

Heart Break Cid's Gamercard
I got the "Killing Frenzy" achievement on the mission with "The White Tiger" and the minigun, just run slightly ahead of him and mow everything down!

Last edited by Heart Break Cid; 03-28-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Heart Break Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #40
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by miedzianek View Post
'Note: Like faction missions, completed challenges will receive a check, making it very easy to track down remaining challenges.'

Also change this

For kiling frenzy-there is a mission for Ular Boys where you must cover the Temple.There are 3 waves of enemy,each ~6+2 in cars.Very easy
I'll add the mission to the guide, thanks.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #41
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameTaken69 View Post
For people struggling with the Parachute Climber achievement there is a much easier way to do it.. [credit goes to another member here, I just can't remember who posted it]

Start a mission and pause and go to abort mission.. but just before you do that, grapple and open your parachute.. when you respawn at your nearest stronghold the achievement should unlock. Someone mentioned it has to be a stronghold higher then the mission you were doing but I just did it on a random mission and didn't pay any attention to where I was and it still unlocked.

Also, to save you some work, there is no need for you to make a list of the vehicles.. unless you are planning on adding where you found them. For anyone that doesn't know, go to your map and push the RT and go to vehicles. It lists them all and has a green check mark for all the ones you have used.
Going to add both of your suggestions to the guide.
About the vehicles... I think it'll be a pain to find them all, aswell as making a 'location' guide for them... I'm gonna make work of the achievement and see how hard/easy they are to find.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #42
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra View Post
stunt flyer works with rivers too, got the timer while doing the bridge limbo. btw bridge limbo is cumulative like in GTA if you do them outside of a mission
I'll adjust it, thanks. I had the impression it didn't work on water after flying over it for quite some time, maybe I was a bit too high. :-)

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #43
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart Break Cid View Post
I got the "Killing Frenzy" achievement on the mission with "The White Tiger" and the minigun, just run slightly ahead of him and mow everything down!
Thanks, I'll add the mission to the guide after checking it out myself.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #44
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiedeviant View Post
I only got the game today..but to help with your drive them all...on the minimap I could swear that vehicles I hadn't driven were highlighted and orange. Hopefully this is correct as it's going to be a ball ache finding them all if not.
I checked this and so far, I only found military vehicles driving around as being the orange spot. Effectively turning red when I 'whipped' them with my grappling hook.

I really hoped you were right on this one.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #45
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

added more videos (thanks mistical!), updated some achievement descriptions.

Everything should be more or less clear as to how to achieve, but it still needs some refining.
Formatting the guide will be the last thing I'll do. I'm not native English, so it is quite a pain to get everything in the right formulation. ;-)

Stay tuned !

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #46
JSMOKA22

Send a message via MSN to JSMOKA22

JSMOKA22's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Amazing Guide for just coming out. Refine it and it could be 1 of the best this year. I understood all the explanations 4 the achvmnts with out reading em twice. Great job

IF ANY1 EVER WANTS 2 BOOST F.R. ME, IM ALWAYS DOWN.
EVERYTHING IS ALL GOOD IN XBOX WORLD !
JSMOKA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #47
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
after u complete the story, can u go back and get any of the other achievements?

im only asking as im thinking of going through on the hardest setting first and then maybe get some of the ones i missed like drive all cars for example.
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #48
Dizzy Domes

Send a message via AIM to Dizzy Domes

Dizzy Domes's Gamercard
I have a quick method for "Road Rage". Go to Panau International Airport (X: 9748 Y:12798) at the northern corner of the airport. You'll see a helicopter pad with red and white barriers in front of them. Call in a heavy vehicle, I used the pre-order monster truck because it's really wide. If you haven't been spotted yet, go to the hangar at the farthest norther corner to get a wanted level. I always saw soldiers in there. Now just face the barriers and two soldiers should run out. Run them over then reverse back about 50-60 feet and two more should run out. Rinse and repeat.

I found this out while driving around the airport going for road rage kills. And got my last 20 very quickly. I came back later to see if I could re-create it and it happened again.

Also the achievement tile for "Follow Me!" is wrong.

Great guide!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #49
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason g View Post
after u complete the story, can u go back and get any of the other achievements?

im only asking as im thinking of going through on the hardest setting first and then maybe get some of the ones i missed like drive all cars for example.
Yes, but as far as I know, you can't switch difficulty in a playthrough. I'm silently hoping you can when switching to mercenary mode (which occurs after finishing the storyline) but I'm not to that point yet. I've been messing around with other things to get this guide finished asap.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 PM   #50
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy Domes View Post
I have a quick method for "Road Rage". Go to Panau International Airport (X: 9748 Y:12798) at the northern corner of the airport. You'll see a helicopter pad with red and white barriers in front of them. Call in a heavy vehicle, I used the pre-order monster truck because it's really wide. If you haven't been spotted yet, go to the hangar at the farthest norther corner to get a wanted level. I always saw soldiers in there. Now just face the barriers and two soldiers should run out. Run them over then reverse back about 50-60 feet and two more should run out. Rinse and repeat.

I found this out while driving around the airport going for road rage kills. And got my last 20 very quickly. I came back later to see if I could re-create it and it happened again.

Also the achievement tile for "Follow Me!" is wrong.

Great guide!
I'll check this out tomorrow, going to bed now !

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-29-2010, 01:01 AM   #51
FlyBoy120586

BManning05's Gamercard
I found the best way to eliminate Colonels is to use the rocket launcher. It's a one hit kill and usually it will kill him and the five guards standing with him. This is especially useful in the Panau city sections as you can just shoot them from the rooftops and then hide or parachute away really fast.

A good spot to do the wrecking ball is on a mission when you are supposed to take down a statue of Baby Panay. Right next to the statue is a transport chopper, so just grapple the statue's head to the chopper and pull the head off. Then use it as a wrecking ball....

FlyBoy120586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #52
Daiphyer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Daiphyer.

M2JH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think 5 is a little too low. 7 was deserving because of the time-consuming and difficulty achievements. I'm playing on experienced and honestly it's hard.
Daiphyer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #53
sepulturas666

6/10 is about right for this game (just beat it on hardcore, a lot of annoying moments later). Also i think this game will take way more than 40-50hrs for 1k.

@rrushn - great guide man.

Last edited by sepulturas666; 03-29-2010 at 09:40 AM.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #54
SlySi1976

SlySi1976's Gamercard
thx so much for this guide it has helped me a lot
SlySi1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #55
Colt Smith

Invincible Warrior

Invincible Warrior

I found out a really easy way to do it just right at the first Mission.

First start a new Game on Casual, now play until you come to the part where you have to take out 2 SAMS/Anti-AirGuns.

Do not use the Helicopter yet*, instead grapplehook to the Statue and
pull out your Pistol (having a SMG as Second Weapon is helpfull).

(*The Soldiers keeping on spawing until you finish the Mission via Chopper!)

Now stand a little bit back so Soldiers can´t hit you, but you can Headshot them from above.

If you lose Health wait a little bit behind the Statue until your back to 100%!

And take out the Armored Vehicle with a Minigunas first with some C4,you dont want to get hit from that,even on Casual.

est. Time for Achievement: 15-20min!

P.S. Sry, for the bad english, but i hope you all understand it!

Last edited by Colt Smith; 03-29-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Forgot the est. Time it takes.
Colt Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #56
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy120586 View Post
I found the best way to eliminate Colonels is to use the rocket launcher. It's a one hit kill and usually it will kill him and the five guards standing with him. This is especially useful in the Panau city sections as you can just shoot them from the rooftops and then hide or parachute away really fast.

A good spot to do the wrecking ball is on a mission when you are supposed to take down a statue of Baby Panay. Right next to the statue is a transport chopper, so just grapple the statue's head to the chopper and pull the head off. Then use it as a wrecking ball....
Added the rocket launcher info, will check out the wrecking ball method later today, I've got a couple of suggestions and ideas to test for this.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #57
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Smith View Post
Invincible Warrior

I found out a really easy way to do it just right at the first Mission.

First start a new Game on Casual, now play until you come to the part where you have to take out 2 SAMS/Anti-AirGuns.

Do not use the Helicopter yet*, instead grapplehook to the Statue and
pull out your Pistol (having a SMG as Second Weapon is helpfull).

(*The Soldiers keeping on spawing until you finish the Mission via Chopper!)

Now stand a little bit back so Soldiers can´t hit you, but you can Headshot them from above.

If you lose Health wait a little bit behind the Statue until your back to 100%!

And take out the Armored Vehicle with a Minigunas first with some C4,you dont want to get hit from that,even on Casual.

est. Time for Achievement: 15-20min!

P.S. Sry, for the bad english, but i hope you all understand it!
Awesome, I'll add this one, along with the airport trick, thanks !

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #58
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiphyer. View Post
I think 5 is a little too low. 7 was deserving because of the time-consuming and difficulty achievements. I'm playing on experienced and honestly it's hard.
Road Map is still pending for the most part. I'm yet to start on hardcore, finished it and doing everything on experienced atm to finalize the achievement guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulturas666 View Post
6/10 is about right for this game (just beat it on hardcore, a lot of annoying moments later). Also i think this game will take way more than 40-50hrs for 1k.

@rrushn - great guide man.
Thanks ! I've noticed that it will take a tad more than 50 to complete, 75% completion involves alot more than I initially thought !

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #59
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

The guide is shaping up nicely, I formatted a fair bit already, and there's only 2 achievements that need some more love:
- A whereabouts guide for 'Trying Everything Once'
- A decent, easy way to obtain 'Wrecking Ball'

I have several solutions I'll be testing soon for the latter, so here's hoping it's only the first left and I'll consider this guide pretty much final.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #60
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrushn View Post
Yes, but as far as I know, you can't switch difficulty in a playthrough. I'm silently hoping you can when switching to mercenary mode (which occurs after finishing the storyline) but I'm not to that point yet. I've been messing around with other things to get this guide finished asap.
i don't mean about changing difficulty during the game, i meant are there achievements u cannot get once the story is finished, like certain kills or the 1000 sabotages for example?
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote