PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Just Cause 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #61
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason g View Post
i don't mean about changing difficulty during the game, i meant are there achievements u cannot get once the story is finished, like certain kills or the 1000 sabotages for example?
Ahh, no. You can get everything after finishing the game.

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #62
D4RK V1C3

Send a message via MSN to D4RK V1C3

D4RK V1C3's Gamercard
For the achievement Marksman (50 headshots)

this can be done with any weapon.
just aim for their heads while shooting ^-^

it's also a good way way to quickly dispose of enemies when you only have handgun bullets left, 1 shot to the head is usually an instant kill,which also saves alot of ammo

Great guide rrushn!
D4RK V1C3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #63
Daiphyer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Daiphyer.

M2JH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not on elites. Those bastards take about 3 4 headshots to die.
Daiphyer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #64
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiphyer. View Post
Not on elites. Those bastards take about 3 4 headshots to die.
That's what gets me about this game. Damage seems random. Sometimes an Elite will go down in 1 bullet, sometimes 4. Sometimes I'll get shot a little, and take little damage, sometimes I'll lose a lot more. Weird...

Also, Generals go down with 1 headshot, always, at least in my case. Are Elites better than Generals? That doesn't sound right to me.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #65
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Wrecking ball makes me wanna wreck my own balls. D:

Still looking for consistent ways for getting 5 kills with it. I had a fully detailed tip from someone on xbl, but I didn't manage to get kills with it consistently. I managed to get 4 in a row once, but was inside a race challenge so they didn't save when I died.

Rage ensued.

The biggest problem is that I can't find any consistent way to put up in the guide. Sure, I would get the achievement with getting a kill here and there, but that doesn't help you lot. D:

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #66
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Added 'Wrecking Ball' description.

I'm sorry people, it's an annoying achievement, nothing to do about it. Until someone finds out a sure-fire method, the ones I listed will have to do !
I'd look myself for other possibilities, but I've spent about 4-5 hours on testing methods and I'm seconds away of fusing my controller with liquid crystals.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #67
a blind beggar

a blind beggar's Gamercard

is the hardest difficulty really difficult?how would it be in comparison to some other games?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #68
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

I'm doing everything on experienced, but from what I've heard, hardcore isn't that much harder. In fact, normal is reported not to be very easy either.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #69
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
To be honest, I started on Casual as I knew the game would be a long-haul, and wanted to enjoy the game instead of being pissed off all the way through, and even on this difficulty my vehicles get raped in no time. Same with my health.

It seems that the only difference in difficulty would be a slight increase in enemies, everything else, such as damage and AI ability, is just the same. I say AI ability, but there is a serious lack of the 'I' and 'ability' part.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:05 AM   #70
lunatic10

I don't know if it already been said, but you can get the "Invincible Warrior" Achievement on the very first mission. I started a new game on casual, when I got to where you blow up the SAMS, i destroyed them both with the mini gun. Then I grapple hooked the statue and stayed up there killing the enemies. They keep spawning on the left and right. I left the APC since I know someone would go in it and its an easy head shot. Just make sure you have full ammo for the pistol and sub machine gun. I only used the pistol, 1 shot to the head. Hope this helps.
lunatic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:18 AM   #71
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic10 View Post
I don't know if it already been said, but you can get the "Invincible Warrior" Achievement on the very first mission. I started a new game on casual, when I got to where you blow up the SAMS, i destroyed them both with the mini gun. Then I grapple hooked the statue and stayed up there killing the enemies. They keep spawning on the left and right. I left the APC since I know someone would go in it and its an easy head shot. Just make sure you have full ammo for the pistol and sub machine gun. I only used the pistol, 1 shot to the head. Hope this helps.
Added this to the guide yesterday, thanks for contributing anyway !

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-30-2010, 07:19 AM   #72
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Added another 'Wrecking Ball' video and a video for the airport method of 'Invincible Warrior'.

Thanks Mistical !!

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #73
NameTaken69

SFX Pwner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrushn View Post
The guide is shaping up nicely, I formatted a fair bit already, and there's only 2 achievements that need some more love:
- A whereabouts guide for 'Trying Everything Once'
- A decent, easy way to obtain 'Wrecking Ball'

I have several solutions I'll be testing soon for the latter, so here's hoping it's only the first left and I'll consider this guide pretty much final.
I've been working on a little something to help that out. I've noticed that quite a few of the ones I was missing can be found in the race challenges. I'm working on a list of all the race challenges, what vehicle you get and where the race is located. Hopefully it will help a little atleast.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #74
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameTaken69 View Post
I've been working on a little something to help that out. I've noticed that quite a few of the ones I was missing can be found in the race challenges. I'm working on a list of all the race challenges, what vehicle you get and where the race is located. Hopefully it will help a little atleast.
Yeah, noticed that too. Hoping to finish all faction missions today and fire up the challenges.

I'll be glad to PLAY the game for a bit, instead of finding ways to add to the guide. ;-)

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #75
Daiphyer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Daiphyer.

M2JH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
To be honest, I started on Casual as I knew the game would be a long-haul, and wanted to enjoy the game instead of being pissed off all the way through, and even on this difficulty my vehicles get raped in no time. Same with my health.

It seems that the only difference in difficulty would be a slight increase in enemies, everything else, such as damage and AI ability, is just the same. I say AI ability, but there is a serious lack of the 'I' and 'ability' part.
Developers said that the only difference between the difficulties is that enemies are more, and get smarter in each difficulty. I was playing on experienced but I got pissed off because I didn't want to play a game like this and get frustrated so I quit and started on Normal, and it seemed like I didn't change the difficulty at all.
Daiphyer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #76
NameTaken69

SFX Pwner's Gamercard
Yeah I'm playing on normal and I die... quite a bit. I have a level 6 shotgun, ricos signature gun which is a level 6, level 3 smg, level 3 frags and level 3 c4.. and sometimes I still get outgunned. Whenever I do buy a vehicle it's a level 6 and even that usually lasts maybe 2 minutes.

As for "Wrecking Ball," I tried the truck tethered to a chopper method and I got 1 kill in before I had 3 choppers shooting me down. Scratch that idea. lol
Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #77
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameTaken69 View Post
Yeah I'm playing on normal and I die... quite a bit. I have a level 6 shotgun, ricos signature gun which is a level 6, level 3 smg, level 3 frags and level 3 c4.. and sometimes I still get outgunned. Whenever I do buy a vehicle it's a level 6 and even that usually lasts maybe 2 minutes.

As for "Wrecking Ball," I tried the truck tethered to a chopper method and I got 1 kill in before I had 3 choppers shooting me down. Scratch that idea. lol
I had my kills scattered with different methods aswell. For now, we'll have to accept that it is an annoying achievement but the methods listed are 'the best' others and I found.

Be happy you got a kill ! I think I've tried over 50 times to gather my 5 kills.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-31-2010, 12:38 PM   #78
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice guide mate, getting to the point now where I can start mopping up some of the achievements I don't have and the wrecking ball really is a pain.

Maybe an idea to put the percentage increases behind the things you need to do to get to 75%?
I know a resource item is 0,01%, so is destroying something from the military, finding a faction item is 0,03%. These are all per item.

I can check for the colonels, races and faction missions if you want?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #79
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadcatNL View Post
Nice guide mate, getting to the point now where I can start mopping up some of the achievements I don't have and the wrecking ball really is a pain.

Maybe an idea to put the percentage increases behind the things you need to do to get to 75%?
I know a resource item is 0,01%, so is destroying something from the military, finding a faction item is 0,03%. These are all per item.

I can check for the colonels, races and faction missions if you want?
You can check the faction missions if you want, I already completed all of them, so I can't check these anymore.
If someone can track the % of Story Missions too by saving before and after, then check the increase, I can make a quick calculation of how many % you will have by completing all the achievements (1k crates, 150 f-items, 1k sabo,...)

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #80
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
if u play on hardcore mode then would u get the achievements for completing 50 and 75% on normal mode?

also, after watching the video for invincible warrior, maybe u could do all the grappling hook kills at that point too, maybe even wrecking ball if u could get a vehicle there.
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #81
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason g View Post
if u play on hardcore mode then would u get the achievements for completing 50 and 75% on normal mode?

also, after watching the video for invincible warrior, maybe u could do all the grappling hook kills at that point too, maybe even wrecking ball if u could get a vehicle there.
It's explained in the roadmap.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #82
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Added a couple of percentages for individual actions. Still need to add Story mission, faction mission and colonel %.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #83
Fueled By RC

Send a message via MSN to Fueled By RC

i fueled i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
So, Would you put this game as an easy 500GS?.. or what?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #84
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueled By RC View Post
So, Would you put this game as an easy 500GS?.. or what?
Not hard, but timeconsuming.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 04-01-2010, 03:15 AM   #85
MH PROtotype

iTz Dramatic's Gamercard
faction items dont give you anything but percentage points. I was pissed when i collected them all and got nothing! so dont waste your time.
MH PROtotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:58 AM   #86
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nice work with the guide mate. Just wanted to point out though that the achievement picture for "Follow Me!" is wrong. You've used the melee kill one twice

Look forward to future updates. Keep up the good work.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #87
schorpioen

shinjiba's Gamercard
thanks man. Nice guide
Old 04-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #88
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Nice work with the guide mate. Just wanted to point out though that the achievement picture for "Follow Me!" is wrong. You've used the melee kill one twice

Look forward to future updates. Keep up the good work.
Yeah, someone pointed it out earlier, but I forgot to change it. I'll do it now !

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #89
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH PROtotype View Post
faction items dont give you anything but percentage points. I was pissed when i collected them all and got nothing! so dont waste your time.
Well, you do need to collect 150 for an achievement, along with % to reach 75% completion. If I'm near 0.03%, I'm not going to let it slide.

Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
Old 04-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #90
MadcatNL

madcat nl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'll check the faction missions tonight. It seems that the challenges sometimes give me 0,1 % completion and other times 0,09%, but maybe that's from the 0,005% you get from destroying military objects.

Story missions % is impossible to get exactly, maybe roughly, but you don't see the completion % until after you finish the story.