PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #271
auburn fury

Auburn Fury's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
It's in the very top section of the Inverted castle, next to the top-right save room; there should only be two missing chunks to that huge rectangle, you have three
You're my hero! Thank you so much, can't believe i missed such an obvious one. You seem to be some sort of SOTN guru round here eh? thank you so much
auburn fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #272
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Haha, I just play SOTN and the 2D Metroids a lot is all Never actually played the original PS1/Saturn versions, got it when it was a deal of the week and then never put it back down! Happy to help mate.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #273
Trixix

A wild Malcolm's Gamercard

BLAH! i have been trying to get this for a bit, i totally looked over a map and i cant find the last bit. i am at 200.1%, any help would be loved.

Last edited by Trixix; 03-12-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Trixix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #274
Didi Mau

I noticed you took down the link to your Normal castle, did you find these five rooms in it? http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ssingrooms.jpg

If you can check the total number of rooms you have (from the menu screen in-game), that'll be much more useful for me as I'll know how many rooms I'm looking for- 0.1% can be either one or two rooms, and I don't want to waste my time looking for things that aren't there haha
Old 03-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #275
Trixix

A wild Malcolm's Gamercard
Quote:
I noticed you took down the link to your Normal castle, did you find these five rooms in it? http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ssingrooms.jpg

If you can check the total number of rooms you have (from the menu screen in-game), that'll be much more useful for me as I'll know how many rooms I'm looking for- 0.1% can be either one or two rooms, and I don't want to waste my time looking for things that aren't there haha
Uh, i have no idea why the first image went away.
But my total room count, without the five that are on the map you just posted it 1885. So i should be done after i get to those rooms above correct?
EDIT: Got it. Thanks sooooo much. i feel rather silly that i missed those five rooms.
It's cool that you've been helping people with this. Thanks~

Last edited by Trixix; 03-12-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Trixix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #276
Didi Mau

Yeah, there's 1890 rooms in total so you'll be done once you knock those five out They're accessed by the switch inside the wall if you're not sure, whip it and some stairs will descend for you to enter.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:54 AM   #277
Ushoran

I have searched and searched for my remaining 0.3% however I seem to not find them. I know 0.1% is for the room that Shaft and Dracula reside, but what about the other 0.2%?

Here are my maps so hopefully someone can find out the answer:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...03-00062-1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...03-00061-1.jpg
Ushoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #278
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushoran View Post
I have searched and searched for my remaining 0.3% however I seem to not find them. I know 0.1% is for the room that Shaft and Dracula reside, but what about the other 0.2%?

Here are my maps so hopefully someone can find out the answer:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...03-00062-1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...03-00061-1.jpg
You seem to be missing two save rooms in the Inverted castle- you didn't mention your total room count, so if those three rooms don't come to 0.3% just let me know and I'll have another look for you: http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ssingrooms.jpg
Old 04-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #279
Ushoran

I'm at 1887 rooms, knowing that it's .3%, I'm at 200.3% now. Heading in to see if those rooms are the ones indeed.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #280
Ushoran

Those were the remaining rooms. Thank you very much!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #281
Didi Mau

Occasionally 0.1% will equal 2 rooms, that's why I ask everyone. I'm glad those three were all you needed!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #282
JenEwa83

I'm stuck at 200,5%. I've already teleported out the room where you fight Shaft and Dracula. Spent several house comparing maps and can't find the last room.
Any help would be great!

Normal Castle:

Inverted Castle:
JenEwa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #283
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenEwa83 View Post
I'm stuck at 200,5%. I've already teleported out the room where you fight Shaft and Dracula. Spent several house comparing maps and can't find the last room.
Any help would be great!
It's in the inverted castle, you can see the entrance to it on your map: http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ssingrooms.jpg
Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #284
JenEwa83

Thanks lot! I've searched for hours.
JenEwa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #285
Jayandsb1089

Well im stuck at 1887 rooms. I can't for the life of me find the last 3. Here are my maps. Hope someone can spot them!

Normal:

Inverted:
Jayandsb1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #286
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayandsb1089 View Post
Well im stuck at 1887 rooms. I can't for the life of me find the last 3. Here are my maps. Hope someone can spot them!
Handily, it's a three-room corridor in the normal castle : http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ssingrooms.jpg
Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #287
draven667

II DRAVEN II's Gamercard
Firstly, apologies for what is probably a complete noob question but I'm new to Castlevanias, so this is probably gonna be the first of many in this thread. In the normal castle (uninverted) in the room with the big clock with the two angel statues,how do you get the right hand statue to move to access the room behind it? I done the left hand one which seems to just move anyway but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the right hand one to move, I'm 788 rooms into the castle and being playing for a while so it's not that I have just started, I'm presuming I've missed something?
draven667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #288
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven667 View Post
Firstly, apologies for what is probably a complete noob question but I'm new to Castlevanias, so this is probably gonna be the first of many in this thread. In the normal castle (uninverted) in the room with the big clock with the two angel statues,how do you get the right hand statue to move to access the room behind it? I done the left hand one which seems to just move anyway but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the right hand one to move, I'm 788 rooms into the castle and being playing for a while so it's not that I have just started, I'm presuming I've missed something?
It's a bit of a cryptic puzzle, you need to use the stopwatch subweapon that briefly freezes enemy movements to move the right-hand statue (the left-hand statue opens and shuts every real-life minute that passes I believe, if you ever need to go up there again).

Off the top of my head, the main rooms that might trip you up are:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

For the most part there's not too much out-of-the-box thinking going on, you've come across two of the main offenders now and then it's almost entirely smooth sailing haha. Give me a shout if you need anything and I'll see if I know it!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #289
draven667

II DRAVEN II's Gamercard
Quote:
It's a bit of a cryptic puzzle, you need to use the stopwatch subweapon that briefly freezes enemy movements to move the right-hand statue (the left-hand statue opens and shuts every real-life minute that passes I believe, if you ever need to go up there again).

Off the top of my head, the main rooms that might trip you up are:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

For the most part there's not too much out-of-the-box thinking going on, you've come across two of the main offenders now and then it's almost entirely smooth sailing haha. Give me a shout if you need anything and I'll see if I know it!
Thanks again, your knowledge of this game is immense, you must be a Belmont knowing the castle this well. Thanks for the tips, I got the switch in the wall with the demon completely by fluke while standing having a minutes break, but seeing him activate it made me see how tricky some of these rooms are going to be to find, I'll stick at it, first Castlevania I played since Simons Quest on the NES and have to say I'm loving it, even if I do suck at it at the moment, thanks again, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again soon.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #290
draven667

II DRAVEN II's Gamercard
Another couple of questions. I just unlocked the inverted castle, I found 941 rooms in the 1st castle, is it right that there are 942? Can anyone confirm that I am missing 1? Another thing, once I worked thru the inverted castle and presumably come to another end boss, I'm guessing his rooms will count towards the overall total, will I be locked in there like other bosses and be forced to fight him and complete the game or can I teleport back to the library in the 1st castle and look for any rooms if I missed some and the achievement don't unlock, I'm guessing these have been covered in other threads, but after a while searching, I realised most threads like those have samey thread titles and it was taking me ages without finding an answer. Thanks.

EDIT: I found the 1 room I was missing in the 1st castle, wasn't even a room, was a small area in the lowest part of the map of a room I'd been in but hadn't covered while in there, didn't realise some parts were not shaded grey when you had been in the room but not walked thru that area, this one was still black, handy to know for future reference.

Last edited by draven667; 04-17-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #291
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven667 View Post
Another couple of questions. I just unlocked the inverted castle, I found 941 rooms in the 1st castle, is it right that there are 942? Can anyone confirm that I am missing 1? Another thing, once I worked thru the inverted castle and presumably come to another end boss, I'm guessing his rooms will count towards the overall total, will I be locked in there like other bosses and be forced to fight him and complete the game.
That's right, there's 942 rooms with a mirror equivalent in each castle and then an additional six squares in the Inverted castle which is caused from how the water caverns changed (or rather, stayed the same where the water floats above). You've got all the Normal castle's rooms now, so no need to worry there

As long as you have a library card in your inventory you can escape from the Dracula fight, that room doesn't have to be your 1890th- if you beat Shaft in that room, wait for Dracula to appear and attack, and then use the library card, you will also have both those characters filled in on your monster list in the Long Library.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #292
draven667

II DRAVEN II's Gamercard
Is the map of the inverted castle on the post a few above me ( where the guy needed the 3 room corridor in the 1st castle) a full map with all rooms on it, or has anyone got one to post up, I'm stuck on 1888 rooms, I got the full 942 in the 1st castle, so I know there in the inverted, but I scoured that map as well as walked my game for a couple of hours and just can't find them, I beat shaft and warped out of the Dracula fight so I'm presuming that would have registered there rooms, unfortunately at the moment I'm away from home and only have my iPad with me so can't upload my map yet, so basically in short I guess I'm asking for a 100% accurate map of the inverted castle if anyone has one I would be eternally thankful.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #293
Didi Mau

Jayandsb1089's Inverted photo has all 948 rooms, and it's a clearer pic than the poor quality one I normally use so I'd go with that one Two rooms that are missed very often in my experience are the save room closest to the castle teleporter leading back to the Normal castle (the closest one north-east of there) and the second save room south of the most north-eastern teleport room; these two save rooms have some marginal use in the Normal castle but not so much in the Inverted, where you're already a higher level than the enemies walking around.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #294
draven667

II DRAVEN II's Gamercard
Finally got it, my bad, it turned out it was in the normal castle after all, which is strange considering I didn't leave until I got 942 rooms as I didn't want to have to come back once I got to the inverted, it was the very northern most point of the map, I can only guess that I must have mixed up a save and loaded the wrong one then went about my game thinking I already had them, still, not to worry, glad to finally have this achievement, just the Belmonts Revenge to go now.

A big thanks to Didi Mau, cheers for the help, couldn't have asked for any better (speedy) advice in this thread and others.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #295
Didi Mau

Congrats mate! That's weird about the Normal castle, at least it didn't take too long to find again though. Belmont's Revenge shouldn't take more than two hours (more realistically one) tops so you're as good as done haha, I'm glad you enjoyed the game!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #296
Kaasstengel

Kaasstengel's Gamercard
Hii there,

I'm stuck in the Reversed Castle and missing 1 room (1889/1890) . I already completed the normal castle a few months back ( had help here as well )

Thanks in advance!

http://i55.tinypic.com/2jad99i.jpg
Kaasstengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #297
SaixLionhart

Saix Lionhart's Gamercard
Angry 200.0% Argh >_<

I know a lot of people have done it before, but this community rocks and has helped them out and now I come to you.

I've gone through several guides as well as most if not all of the previous posts and I just can't find them. I think I just need a couple more sets of eyes. Help is appreciated ^_^

200.0%. 1884 Rooms. Pictures below. (Sorry for the quality. My regular castle is a little bright...if needed I can certainly retake them)

SaixLionhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #298
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaixLionhart View Post
I know a lot of people have done it before, but this community rocks and has helped them out and now I come to you.
Three rooms in each castle, here you go man

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...hartnormal.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...hartInvert.jpg
Old 05-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #299
SaixLionhart

Saix Lionhart's Gamercard
Quote:
Three rooms in each castle, here you go man
You sir, are the best! Thank you so much! Now to go do my Richter playthrough \m/
SaixLionhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #300
LuciusKain

Lucius Kain's Gamercard
Hi everyone,

Since you've all been so nice to help out everyone else, I thought I'd try my luck as well.

I have 200.5%, but the last room is evading me. I've tried pouring over maps and comparing them to what I have but I can't see what I've missed. If someone would take the time to have a look and see if they can spot it, I'd be grateful.

Hopefully the images aren't too poor. Thanks in advance to anyone who even glances at them.
LuciusKain is offline   Reply With Quote