PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #31
Tw1st3d Fate

A Common Cent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I am in the same boat as you, I am thinking it has to do with the first battle as Richter.....
Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #32
Tw1st3d Fate

A Common Cent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Frikkin Christ, I spent almost 3 hours retracing, the room I was missing was right across the save point by the Dracula battle that contains a heart refresh.....
Old 03-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #33
dark lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1st3d Fate View Post
Frikkin Christ, I spent almost 3 hours retracing, the room I was missing was right across the save point by the Dracula battle that contains a heart refresh.....
how do you get back there or if you start a new game will the % you havnt got yet..?
dark lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 PM   #34
slimassmonkey

i got 200.6 percent

go to gamefaqs.com look at their map how i done it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg castlevania_full_map.jpg (15.2 KB, 272 views)
slimassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 AM   #35
mr-apples

I am sitting at 200.5% and missing exactly 1 room as well. To aid in finding the missing room, I took digital cam pics of both castles, and used photoshop to overlay them against each other.

As expected, the overlays were identical save the minor variations between the underwater caverns.

This has me stumped, because to miss EXACTLY one room means that the missing room CANNOT be in either the normal castle or the inverted version (since the explored maps are identical, if I was missing a room, I would be missing an even number of rooms, not ONE room exactly).

This leads me to believe the missing room is somehow related to that 0.6% percent nonsense which is outside the castle. Does anyone know what areas this constitutes ? I've done the Dracula library card trick as well. Everything in me smells glitch, especially given my experience on XBLA with things like Alien Hominid.

Unless someone proves me wrong, I'm chalking this up to another buggy / glitched acheivement.
mr-apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #36
roganxx

Egan XP4's Gamercard
ok... i have EVERY room on my map... AND i went into dracula fight and carded out... i'm at 200.4%... do the hidden stairs from the richter part count? or is there another stage to the drac fight that gives .2? if its the richter part... i'll say my goodbyes and kill myself.

someone save my life.
roganxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #37
Khir

Send a message via AIM to Khir

Sinabu Karu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-apples View Post
I am sitting at 200.5% and missing exactly 1 room as well. To aid in finding the missing room, I took digital cam pics of both castles, and used photoshop to overlay them against each other.

As expected, the overlays were identical save the minor variations between the underwater caverns.

This has me stumped, because to miss EXACTLY one room means that the missing room CANNOT be in either the normal castle or the inverted version (since the explored maps are identical, if I was missing a room, I would be missing an even number of rooms, not ONE room exactly).

This leads me to believe the missing room is somehow related to that 0.6% percent nonsense which is outside the castle. Does anyone know what areas this constitutes ? I've done the Dracula library card trick as well. Everything in me smells glitch, especially given my experience on XBLA with things like Alien Hominid.

Unless someone proves me wrong, I'm chalking this up to another buggy / glitched acheivement.

Have you battled dracula yet in your game? Since you dont actually save before killing him the last room is your 200.6% but your saved game will be 200.5%..

When I played I used no gimmicks or tricks I just made sure to hit every room and hidden area and Im saved at 200.5 when I jumped down in the room to fight dracula It unlocked the achievement and I beat the game.
Khir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #38
Kazdan

Kazdan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by roganxx View Post
ok... i have EVERY room on my map... AND i went into dracula fight and carded out... i'm at 200.4%... do the hidden stairs from the richter part count? or is there another stage to the drac fight that gives .2? if its the richter part... i'll say my goodbyes and kill myself.

someone save my life.
If you have 200,4% then you don't have every room on your map. =)
The Bloodlines stage doesn't count at all. I suggest you to take a picture of both of your maps and post them here, and maybe somebody will take a look at them. Thats what I did yesterday and got 200,6%.
Kazdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #39
roganxx

Egan XP4's Gamercard
ok... so i was up really late last nite... till like 4... got some sleep... and saw it right away, thanx anyway guys!

roganxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #40
BelmontClanLives

Holy Deception's Gamercard
Talking I finallly got it!!!!!!!

Hey guys i finally found the missing room it was a corner on the part of the map that looks like stairs. I finally got all the achievments!!!
BelmontClanLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:05 AM   #41
mr-apples

I have attached a photo of my 200.5% map, which is what was discovered including using the dracula/library card.

Anyone who can spy the missing room and point it out would have to have amazing skills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtf-dracula.jpg (40.4 KB, 219 views)
Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #42
DIGGITYDOGNUTZ

vjj d1gg1tydog's Gamercard
for a guid to all the rooms

check back in 5 hrs whenever i get on my home computer i shall post a guide to where they are all at
DIGGITYDOGNUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #43
Deathcrazy

Stuck at 200.3% like everbody else starting to wonder if its gliched im sure i did the underwater dog paddle thing but there is a section on the inverted castle that look like a rock that you cant jump or swim to dont know.
Deathcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #44
slowgod

I've gone through the whole game twice now, got every secret, did the wolf trick in the reverse caverns and warped out of drac's room and I'm stuck at 200.5% in both games. Im at 1889 rooms, but there isn't a room or outline of map missing anywhere, I'm just going to have to do the heart refresh glitch.
slowgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #45
dark lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgod View Post
I've gone through the whole game twice now, got every secret, did the wolf trick in the reverse caverns and warped out of drac's room and I'm stuck at 200.5% in both games. Im at 1889 rooms, but there isn't a room or outline of map missing anywhere, I'm just going to have to do the heart refresh glitch.
how does that work and what do you achieve by doing it
dark lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #46
zackrage

zackrage's Gamercard
Here is an excellent Castlevania site that will sure help everyone out. Enjoy:

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/p...evsn/map.shtml
zackrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #47
Mathewh

HellaBoss's Gamercard
i hate to do this, but i'm going crazy

gang,

i'm sitting @ 200.5% and can't find the last room. i've attached photos of both maps for you. if anyone can see the room i'm overlooking, please feel free to let me know where it is.

rightside:
http://hellaboss.com/dropbox/IMG_1538.JPG

upside:
http://hellaboss.com/dropbox/IMG_1537.JPG
i've tried overlaying both maps in photoshop and aside from the caverns not lining up, i can't seem to find the difference.

your help is greatly appreciated. in the meantime, back to the caverns for me..
Mathewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:33 PM   #48
agines311

Need help in finding 3 rooms in Normal Castle

i have just arrived at the inverted castle and I have 943 rooms. if there is 945 in each caslte and one of those rooms being in the inverted castle I need 3 more. here is a link to the image of my map. anyone have any ideas. Thanks for your help in advance!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/agines311/IMG_0328.jpg

-agines311
agines311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #49
Spot2009

Spot2004's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Going to the hidden room in the beginning w/ Richter doesn't help your %. There's 100.3% in each castle (0.3% being the secret rooms).

I just got the achievement and I carelessly never went into the secret room with Richter.

12345 GS - 2/7/07
22222 GS - 5/15/07
34567 GS - 7/20/08
Spot2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #50
Spartan

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   1,000 Posts   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   Geometry Wars - Gold
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agines311 View Post
i have just arrived at the inverted castle and I have 943 rooms. if there is 945 in each caslte and one of those rooms being in the inverted castle I need 3 more. here is a link to the image of my map. anyone have any ideas. Thanks for your help in advance!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/agines311/IMG_0328.jpg

-agines311
943 is exactly what I ended up with when I got done with the regular castle, and I could not find the other two!
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #51
Mathewh

HellaBoss's Gamercard
figured it out

i figured out where it was - in the inverted castle, it was the room at the top of the shaft leading to beezlebub. as soon as i walked up there, i got the ach. richter is next/last. going to be very difficult.
Mathewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #52
Spartan

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   1,000 Posts   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   Geometry Wars - Gold
I got this achievement last night finally! I had 943 rooms in the regular castle, and in the inverted castle, I saved the dracula area above the clock-room for last. Before I went from the clock-room to fight dracula, I had 199.1%.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #53
Hampee

Can someone please check what Im missing? Im on 200.4 %

Hampee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 AM   #54
agines311

THanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTANo117 View Post
I got this achievement last night finally! I had 943 rooms in the regular castle, and in the inverted castle, I saved the dracula area above the clock-room for last. Before I went from the clock-room to fight dracula, I had 199.1%.
Thank you for the information...I will stop waisting my time in the normal castle and start on the Inverted one!!!

-agines311
agines311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #55
Spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampee View Post
Can someone please check what Im missing? Im on 200.4 %
I put a red circle where you're missing a room:

Old 04-06-2007, 04:48 AM   #56
Jdm

Jdm7399's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   Bright Idea   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
My bro finally got ALL the rooms! 200.6% baby! So I guess they fixed the "glitch" in the XBL version. We went to the extreme to make sure that we explored every room.

I was using my PSP to hop online, just to get the map on the screen. While my bro went online with the computer in the room next door to see if he can get some tips. We were short 2 rooms and one of them had to do with the stupid rocks(transforming in and out) and the other we had to do the "doggie paddle" to fill up the upper left part of the map. All in all, it was a good challenge. I'm just glad to have this game completed and under my belt. Good luck to everyone!

Facebook ME!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #57
mr-apples

Hampee, the second square you're missing is in the 'normal' version of the castle. It's in the underground caves area. There's a secret room in the secret area that is only unlockable with the demon familiar. (demon lackey flips a switch to open it) This second secret you have to break a wall to open.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #58
Smeer516

Send a message via AIM to Smeer516 Send a message via MSN to Smeer516

Smeer516's Gamercard
I finally got it after a few hours of searching around.

Now I'm just having a bit of trouble defeating Dracula.
Smeer516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #59
D0CTOR D0OM

Ive given up.. stuck at 1886 rooms and no idea where to go
D0CTOR D0OM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #60
Pez

Cheemosaurus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I've just bought this game, but here's my strategy:

I've printed the two map versions off. Normal and Inverted. Now I play the game normally, until I reach my first save point. I save, then proceed to scribble out all of the rooms I've fully explored on my way to the save point. I proceed through the game upto the next save point, and continue to again, scribble out the rooms I've fully explored. I'm planning to use this method until I've gotten myself 200.6% explorations.

Doing this, shows me what rooms I've fully explored. The reason I only start to scribble the rooms I've fully explored at save points, is because if I scribble after every room I fully explore, and I die, I lose my progress until the last save point I saved at. This would make me more prone to common mistakes on my map-scribbling process.

Hope this helps.

~SS

Last edited by Pez; 04-10-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Pez is offline   Reply With Quote