PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Chime
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Possible explanation on Ultimate Champion glitch?

Now keep in mind I haven't tested this out myself as I'm still learning the game but it just may work. I hope someone can possibly test this out to confirm for me?

Many people have said getting over 100% in 3 mins on 4 boards then over 100% on the last in 9 mins works. Some others say it doesn't. I think I know why.

I noticed everyone who said the glitch worked had over 500% total on all 5 boards in 3 min mode. The people who said it didn't work I don't think even bothered or had over this to get it to work.

So to explain better possibly, here is an example of what MIGHT work.

3 min mode

1. 150%
2. 150%
3. 70%
4. 80%
5. 60%

Now as you see 3 were not completed. BUT. This example has over 500%. So I THINK all you have to do is get over 100% on 9 min mode on the 3 boards not completed in 3 min mode.

Make sense? I hope so.

Currently Working On
:

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:39 AM   #2
Megaten

Send a message via AIM to Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheshallow View Post
Now keep in mind I haven't tested this out myself as I'm still learning the game but it just may work. I hope someone can possibly test this out to confirm for me?

Many people have said getting over 100% in 3 mins on 4 boards then over 100% on the last in 9 mins works. Some others say it doesn't. I think I know why.

I noticed everyone who said the glitch worked had over 500% total on all 5 boards in 3 min mode. The people who said it didn't work I don't think even bothered or had over this to get it to work.

So to explain better possibly, here is an example of what MIGHT work.

3 min mode

1. 150%
2. 150%
3. 70%
4. 80%
5. 60%

Now as you see 3 were not completed. BUT. This example has over 500%. So I THINK all you have to do is get over 100% on 9 min mode on the 3 boards not completed in 3 min mode.

Make sense? I hope so.
Hmm, it's possible. I'll check here in a few minutes to see if I can get the achievement to pop using those conditions. I really wouldn't be surprised if this pops it though, since it'd meet both conditions the programmers might have told it to look for (at least 500% on 3 minute mode + at least 100% on each board, and maybe it just didn't know to look at the minute mode for that one).
Megaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
Megaten

Send a message via AIM to Megaten

Megaten's Gamercard

Alright, so went ahead and tried this method. In 3 minute mode my scores were:

Phillip Glass - 192%
Orbital - 198%
Moby - 99%
Markus Schulz - 95%
Lemon Jelly - 95%

Then went ahead and just barely beat 100% on the sub-100s in 9 minute mode, and it didn't pop. So no go.

For as much as I can tell, the glitch seems to involve the Lemon Jelly song...if I'm not mistaken, everyone who has had the glitch occur has 100% in all songs on 3 minutes other than that one, and that's the one we've all gotten 100% on in other time modes.
Megaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Ah nuts. It is such an odd glitch.

Currently Working On
:

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaten View Post

For as much as I can tell, the glitch seems to involve the Lemon Jelly song...if I'm not mistaken, everyone who has had the glitch occur has 100% in all songs on 3 minutes other than that one, and that's the one we've all gotten 100% on in other time modes.
That's as much as there is to it. You have to get 100% on the first 4 songs in 3 minute mode, no way around it.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
LunarDuality

LunarDuality's Gamercard
Yeah, it didn't work for me to use the 500% idea. I had to get the first 4 to 100% on 3 min mode before getting 100% on Lemon Jelly on 9 min mode.
LunarDuality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
Mildew

Gizmo1979's Gamercard
Bizarre glitch - i've not had any problems with it personally - my percentages were:

Mildew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
InigoMontoya80

InigoMontoya80's Gamercard
Glitch works. If you are having trouble getting it to work clear your cache and play it offline. would not work with the new update. Hope this helps. Great game!! Also have to have 100% in 1-4
InigoMontoya80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
thedevilman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InigoMontoya80 View Post
Glitch works. If you are having trouble getting it to work clear your cache and play it offline. would not work with the new update. Hope this helps. Great game!! Also have to have 100% in 1-4
Thanks for the info on the title update.
thedevilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
TrevorDaddy

TrevorDaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
How someone gets ~190% on 3 minute mode is beyond me, lol. I feel I have very good reaction speed but that's some crazy block placement to get 190%. Maybe I should stick to non-puzzle games. I bow to your skill, Mildew.
TrevorDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #11
TrevorDaddy

TrevorDaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVagoo View Post
How someone gets ~190% on 3 minute mode is beyond me, lol. I feel I have very good reaction speed but that's some crazy block placement to get 190%. Maybe I should stick to non-puzzle games. I bow to your skill, Mildew.

Ok, I take that back. Though I got 200 gamerscore through the glitch unintentionally, I kept trying Lemon Jelly just to say I could do it in 3 minute mode, plus it's fun.

Over the past week, I have revisited the game a few times here and there, usually scoring anywhere from 70% to 94%, and got to 98% once.

Tonight, I finally hit 100% with about 20 seconds or a tad more to go, and worked on Stage 2, hitting 177% before I ran out of time. Seems if you can get to Stage 2 with 20 seconds or more, and place plenty of quads fast to get the coverage bonuses quick, you can easily get to closer to 200%.

Leaderboards look a little off by now, as I see people at the top with 800%+ and that sounds unfeasible like they cheated the system. Maybe not, I don't know, but I am pretty proud of currently being #415 with 177% on Lemon Jelly. That was tough.
TrevorDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote