PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Perfect Dark
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
OverkillChaos

OverkillChaos's Gamercard
All those screwed out of the last crown!!!

I have literally beat the game (including special missions) about 4 times straight, all with auto-aim turned off, and still no fucking crown. This is complete bullshit 4J needs to get on this shit ASAP so us people who are good at this game, can show off our Perfect Dark E-Penises. One thing I will add though is that I play inverted, is this the reason its not giving me the damn crown. IDK somebody help me!!!!!!!!!
OverkillChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
C dot Wizzle

Send a message via AIM to C dot Wizzle

C dot Wizzle's Gamercard
Word is you need to also get lots of headshots.

C dot Wizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C dot Wizzle View Post
Word is you need to also get lots of headshots.
This. I also used inverted and got the achievement on the first try. Don't forget all FOUR bonus missions, including the Duel. People seem to forget that one. If none of this works it's probably glitched for you and you will have to wait for the patch.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
OverkillChaos

Ugh for the last time yes all missions including special ones, and when does this magical patch come out so I can complete the damn game.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
JonnyBlazin5

JonnyBlazin5's Gamercard
I can confirm too I got it while playing inverted.

Have you tried getting a lot of headshots? I'm not sure if score has something to do with it too.
JonnyBlazin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #6
bblcreator8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverkillChaos View Post
Ugh for the last time yes all missions including special ones, and when does this magical patch come out so I can complete the damn game.
Nobody knows. You'll just have to be patient. Until then getting more headshots might be your only hope.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
Kingofkod

Kingofkod's Gamercard
did you try beating it using a fresh save on a usb stick? I wasn't sure what stages I had or hadn't beaten with auto-aim off so i just started a new game and it unlocked on Deep Sea.
Kingofkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
Chosen One 41

Chosen One 41's Gamercard
Are you doing it on perfect agent? I'm pretty sure it has to be on that difficulty.
Chosen One 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #9
OverkillChaos

Lol yes perfect agent
Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #10
Kingofkod

Kingofkod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverkillChaos View Post
Lol yes perfect agent
try a fresh save on a usb memory stick. This fixes the tools of the trade achievement. I dont' see why it wouldn't fix this one. They cost like $5 or less for a really cheap one.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
Incompl33t

Send a message via AIM to Incompl33t

EAT 4 THE LOLZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkod View Post
try a fresh save on a usb memory stick. This fixes the tools of the trade achievement. I dont' see why it wouldn't fix this one. They cost like $5 or less for a really cheap one.
Maybe, but wouldn't that mean he'd have to get ALL the crowns again?
Incompl33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
Kingofkod

Kingofkod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompl33t View Post
Maybe, but wouldn't that mean he'd have to get ALL the crowns again?
Nah, I did my "The Name is Dark..." on a new save because I wasn't sure which levels i beat with and without autoaim. Ended up unlocking on Attack Ship. The crowns are attached to your xbox live profile. When you start a fresh save you will still see your times on the leader boards and the crowns next to them.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
Incompl33t

Send a message via AIM to Incompl33t

EAT 4 THE LOLZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Nah, I did my "The Name is Dark..." on a new save because I wasn't sure which levels i beat with and without autoaim. Ended up unlocking on Attack Ship. The crowns are attached to your xbox live profile. When you start a fresh save you will still see your times on the leader boards and the crowns next to them.
Ah, that would make sense then, thanks for clearing that up.
Incompl33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #14
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

You need to beat all missions on Perfect Agent with auto-aim off.

I already beat every mission on Perfect Agent and it didn't unlock. So I made sure I had auto-aim off and I started every level and quit. It unlocked on The Duel when I quit that level.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:49 AM   #15
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING A NEW SAVE! I would have never thought that would have worked. I got it on Carrington Villa and now have my 200!
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #16
LowerKibbles

LowerKibbles's Gamercard
This sucks cuz' my friend did it on his profile, and now can't seem to do again for my profile. I mean he can't do from Area 51: Infiltration to Attack Ship.
LowerKibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #17
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdougla17 View Post
THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING A NEW SAVE! I would have never thought that would have worked. I got it on Carrington Villa and now have my 200!
Oddly enough, I followed the directions (New save on USB drive) and got in on Carrington Villa as well.

Gears of War 3 Video Collectibles Guide
Resident Evil 5 Video Emblem Guide

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/gamerevx
AotG: 1st to beat on Hard/US & Team to 200.
My 1st achievement guide!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
GaMeReVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
Qwuarter

Okay I'm having the same dilemma too. Just finished perfect agent without auto-aim and no crown. (I'm pretty sure the head shot solution isn't the problem cause I know for a fact I got more then enough head shots) On another note is it really necessary to put inverted on?
Qwuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #19
Kingofkod

Kingofkod's Gamercard
Quote:
is no one reading this post?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
bblcreator8790

Quote:
Quoted again for emphasis. This method might be deserving of it's own thread to put a rest to these problems.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #21
megamangaea

oberfuererSSjon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblcreator8790 View Post
Quoted again for emphasis. This method might be deserving of it's own thread to put a rest to these problems.
Uh no, just did that again, still don't have it. It's not a definite solution. This is ridiculous 5th complete playthrough without getting it, I'm pretty sick of getting headshots right now.

Quote:
is no one reading this post?
See above.

Last edited by megamangaea; 05-09-2010 at 01:02 AM.
megamangaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #22
Banjo-Fella

Quote:
Just tried it again using a memory stick I had lying around, and I got the crown! Thank you so much! =D

I got it after completing Air Force One - Antiterrorism, which leads me to a conclusion about the crown. On my previous save file I had completed the solo missions several times over without auto-aim, but didn't get any crown. I got literally thousands of headshots by virtue of a glitch in DataDyne Extraction, so I seriously doubt it's part of the requirement, unless it carried over to my new save file.

I remember having quite a bit of difficulty with Antiterrorism the first time I tried finishing it without auto-aim. I got fed up with it after a few attempts, so once I finally slogged my way through it and the "Saving..." notification had disappeared, I turned my Xbox off. I think this may have been what glitched the crown for me!

If you remember, the Tools of The Trade glitch was caused because the player's save data and the data stored on the Leaderboards server were out of sync. Rare's suggested prevention method involved leaving your Xbox on for a few minutes after obtaining a star in the target range, so that the server would log this new information.

I think The Name's Dark was glitched for me because the server had yet to register that I finished Antiterrorism without auto-aim. Maybe the information is only sent to the leaderboards after you finish the level that way for the first time. So any subsequent attempts wouldn't have registered it? Just a thought, anyway.

So if you're still without this crown despite all your efforts, try starting a new game on a memory stick. Finish every level, and leave your Xbox on for a while after you finish a level. Good luck!
Banjo-Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
Wolfie99

Wolfie9985's Gamercard
I finally got mine last night, playing through on local coop with a bot. I got it after completing Deep-Sea in the end.
Wolfie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
bblcreator8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamangaea View Post
Uh no, just did that again, still don't have it. It's not a definite solution. This is ridiculous 5th complete playthrough without getting it, I'm pretty sick of getting headshots right now.

See above.
I don't know then...try Banjo's tip below? I'm not sure why this method isn't working for you but everyone else I've met has gotten this to work eventually.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #25
summoner191

negrido's Gamercard
I also beated all missions without auto-aim and didn't get the crown.
I beated them again with an empty (new) savefile but still nothing.

It may be glitched. Cause what handicap do you have without auto-aim expect of hitting your enemies. And the people unlock it on almost each different Mission.
All people just told us they haven't done anything "special" and got it after completing the Mission, not while doing it. If there were a task, and it would be rather simple then special much more people would have the crown.

The possibility that i could be something "special" you have to do while beating a mission without AA is small.

I try it again, this time with most possible headshots.

Star Ocean (german version) 850/1000
Last: viewed Arumat's ending
summoner191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #26
Doc Chopper

Just read this. Will try this for run #8. After finishing RDR and SMG2. Sometime in... July!

But If it won't work again... I guess I'll have to hurt some(body/-thing).
Doc Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #27
OverkillChaos

Found out the issue, when you throw the laptop gun even with auto aim turned off it screws up this achievement got it after completing Pelagic without even using the laptop gun.