PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate
Call of Duty 2
Quick links

Old 05-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Infected Fury

Gamertag: Anabolic Fury
how hard is it

how hard is it to do a veteran playthrough
Infected Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
hippymanjas

Gamertag: JASON BRFC
Probably the easiest of the CoD games. Some areas will kill you and others will be a nice breeze in the park. Top game and one of my favourite WW games!

Allow some time though - 20+ hours for me, but less if you are a veteran playing on veteran!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
CodSteaks

Gamertag: SG CodSteaks

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth (Retired)   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
thanks for the info on this. i've only played through MW2 and beat it on veteran, but i've heard some intimidating things about the other CoD games. sounds like WaW is maybe the hardest? i've also read MW2 was easier than MW.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
hippymanjas

Gamertag: JASON BRFC
It is pretty hard going at times and as you are using older weapons, it does seem to restrict the flow. But it is the most enjoyable.

I think MW2 is easier than MW and WaW I got quite a chunk of the way through before dropping down a difficulty (I know, I'm weak...)

CoD games are do-able on veteran, but for the most part, it is down to persistence! Keep at it and you'll get there. And in all fairness, the game is so addictive, you do stick at it!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
vettestingr68

Gamertag: motorbiz
MW2 was far and away the easiest on veteran in my opinion. Although I still haven't gotten around to finishing yet. I thought Modern Warfare was harder than COD 2 and, in my opinion at least, WAW was definitely the hardest. It definitely had its and moments.

Thanks to Nozza x360a for the sick sig and avatar!

vettestingr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #6
Nozza XBA

Gamertag: MikesGamingLife

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippymanjas View Post
Probably the easiest of the CoD games. Some areas will kill you and others will be a nice breeze in the park. Top game and one of my favourite WW games!

Allow some time though - 20+ hours for me, but less if you are a veteran playing on veteran!
I beg to differ!

CoD2 isnt easy, I've beaten most CoDs except the spam nading WaW and 3 <-- havent got round to 3 yet, on vet and CoD2 was a bitch.

You cant through back nades, some levels are based on pure luck... It is imo and many others if you'd searched the forum on of the hardest out there!

I normally start new CoDs on vet but I got to the point in 2 where I nearly gave up..

Hey but everyones different.. But its nothing like MW2. MW2 was set to lower standard than any other CoD and is easy. If you cant do MW2 on Vet dont even try 2+

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
WeemanNewYork

Gamertag: ReAl ImPuLsE

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just 1K this game few month ago. I was about to given up on 400 Hill is hardest mission.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
Spanish Assault

Gamertag: Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Community Gaming - Emerald   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I beg to differ!

CoD2 isnt easy, I've beaten most CoDs except the spam nading WaW and 3 <-- havent got round to 3 yet, on vet and CoD2 was a bitch.

You cant through back nades, some levels are based on pure luck... It is imo and many others if you'd searched the forum on of the hardest out there!

I normally start new CoDs on vet but I got to the point in 2 where I nearly gave up..

Hey but everyones different.. But its nothing like MW2. MW2 was set to lower standard than any other CoD and is easy. If you cant do MW2 on Vet dont even try 2+
agreed...COD2 is some where between COD4 and WAW.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
bishop

Gamertag: III BISHOP IIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I beg to differ!

agree, done all cod games on vet other then cod 3 found cod 2 by far the hardest and WaW the most anoying both MW easy and too short wanted them to be longer
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
Blah 2k

Send a message via AIM to Blah 2k Send a message via Yahoo to Blah 2k

Gamertag: Cyanide Chaotic

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Grenade spamming P.O.S campaign that is World at War... Haven't even finished it yet on veteran difficulty. The few times I decide to take cover, the A.I. says to itself: "Nope, you can't do that! Here's a few thousand grenades to get your ass moving, oh you died? Oh well, time to start over from last checkpoint."

If you happen to be an avid Nazi Zombies fan or Call of Duty multi-player addict,
feel free to add me on Xbox Live, i'm always down for a game (when i'm on-line).
Just send me a message along with the request telling me where you saw
my gamertag, and what you'd like to play.

Peace!

Blah 2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #11
dr ratlehead

I have every call of duty achievement for every game and here is my list.

1. W@W
2. COD 3
3. MW
4. Classic
5. Cod 2
6. MW 2
dr ratlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #12
Ohheythere

Gamertag: Gloatingsnail0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr ratlehead View Post
I have every call of duty achievement for every game and here is my list.

1. W@W
2. COD 3
3. MW
4. Classic
5. Cod 2
6. MW 2
LOL...thanks for sharing? You're awesome?

Anyways...sure, this game is difficult, no doubt about it. But hardly more difficult than 3 & World at War. The only one I haven't played is the first one on arcade but everyone is different.

People may feel that this could be the hardest of the series. I personally felt that World at War was the hardest (and seem to share that opinion with quite a few others here). Both Modern Warfare games were fairly easy with difficult spots, mainly choke points.

Abuse your smoke grenades if you get stuck and if you get really stuck you could just use the "move up and then move back" technique and let your teammates kill everyone else. While I am almost through my second playthrough on veteran (this is my second tag), I am finding it less and less troubling on veteran as I go through. Hill 300 really wasn't that tough and neither is crossing the Rhine (currently the level I am on).

Good luck regardless!
Ohheythere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
bblcreator8790

Gamertag: bblcreator8790

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This game is harder than MW and MW2, but apparently not WAW (I've never played it).
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
Barmie Bubbles

Gamertag: Barmie Bubbles

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
imo the grenade spamming on cod2 is nearly as bad as waw. Still need to complete it too, my brother gave it to my neighbour like 4 months ago and still hasn't brought it back yet!!
Barmie Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #15
StayonTarget
Community Team's Bombardier

Gamertag: TheStayonTarget

Awards Showcase Staff - Community Team - Events Team Lead   Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Community Challenge Competition - 10+ Points   XBA Blood Donor   Micro Guide - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Sister-Site Member   Donator - Level 3   Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Cod3 is harder. I'd say 7/10.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #16
I Ghost Cobra I

I have finished twice CoD 2 and 4 on veteran and once MW2 ... i would say that 4 is a bit easier, but not much. With the vids on youtube Mile High Club isn't that hard
I Ghost Cobra I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #17
Smolex

Gamertag: xsmolexx
Id say man jsut take your time and dont rush into big open areas lol
Smolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #18
ReapingEcho

Gamertag: ReapingEcho
I beat this one twice on veteran and I'd have to say this is the easiest CoD I've played on veteran. Beat in 2 days averaging 2 seven hour sessions each day.
ReapingEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #19
Teh Phantomz

Gamertag: l The Phantom l
I just beat it today and anybody considering doing it. It took me 9 hours but by taking it nice and slow and a bit of luck you can beat it. Any one can do it just got to do it.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #20
Seanykins

Gamertag: Seanykins
I haven't completed it yet but ive made some progress, although I found quite a good walkthrough for it:

It helped me to find good places to cover and when to use smoke etc etc. Hope this helps =D

perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Seanykins
Seanykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
johnb

Gamertag: john kenobi

Awards Showcase Animals, Beasts & Critters Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 1   XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
imo it's as hard as cod4; waw is the toughest for me
Old 06-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #22
GMX09

Gamertag: gmx09
Hardest game I've ever played in my life, and I've played a LOT of games. The game itself isn't actually difficult, it's just the horrible AI you have to deal with. They aim instantly, throw grenades if they can't shoot you, shoot through smoke, are incredibly unbalanced and take more shots to kill than you do. Think of it as you with 50 health and the enemies with 100. Usually two shots kill you, an instant death.

This game has a fantastic multiplayer element, and I loved playing it back in my PC days, but as a SP campaign I really question what the hell IW were thinking. Games aren't fun when they're this difficult. My controller can testify to that.

Only positive thing I can say about the SP campaign involves the frequency of checkpoints for the harder difficulties. I'm on the last mission at the moment, made it through the entire mission in about 2 or 3 hours but I forgot to press "save and exit", so now I have to start from the beginning again. Another annoying "feature".

100%
XBL (6) - Forza Horizon 2 (Fast and Furious), Forza Horizon, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Call of Duty 2, Final Fantasy XIII-2, The Darkness II
XBLA (3) - Harms Way, Doritos Crash Course, 1vs100
PSN (1) - Until Dawn

Last edited by GMX09; 06-26-2011 at 11:55 PM.
GMX09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 AM   #23
Snoop QC

Gamertag: snoop qc

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This game isn't that hard unless you play on Veteran. The most annoying thing would be the infinite respawns at some specific points during missions on veteran difficulty. And the end of Hill 400. But it's cool and challenging!

Achievements completion : 99,73%
Gamerscore completion : 99,76%
Retail games completed : 87/89
I'm a completionist!!!

Currently working on Fallout 4, Halo 5 is next!

If you send a friend request or game invite, please send a message telling what or why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #24
master.j

Gamertag: PSYCHO Lagger
its easy game you might die alot but its easy 1000gs.
master.j is offline   Reply With Quote