PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Final Fight: Double Impact
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

For an achievement Roadmap, click here

Overview

--Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
--Offline: 12 (200)
--Online: 0 (200)
--Approximate time: 5 - 10 hours (depending how many playthroughs it takes you!)
--Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 for Final Fight, 2 for Magic Sword
--Number of missable achievements: None
--Glitched achievements: None (although co-op online has been poorly designed - see note on 'Final Fighters' achievement for details.)
--Cheats: No Cheats

Guide
NOTE: With both Final Fight and Magic Sword, if you go to 'New Game', the game will start on default normal difficulty setting. To make these achievements easier, you can go to 'Custom Game' and change the difficulty to easy.

Coin Gobbler - 20G
"Final Fight™: Complete all levels using less than 18 continues."
Simply finish the game using up less than 18 continues. Your best way is to take it slow and steady - you'll find with most common enemies you can button bash to punch and the baddy will walk into your punch. Not rushing it is the key to surviving longer. You may find it easier to use two players for this, as you can get the player not going for it to jump into the majority of the action while the other hangs back.

Cody-pendant - 15G
"Final Fight™: Complete all levels with Cody."
As it says. Doesn't matter how many lives or continues you use, just finish the game playing as Cody all the way through.

Haggar-ed - 15G
"
Final Fight™: Complete all levels with Haggar."
As it says. Doesn't matter how many lives or continues you use, just finish the game playing as Haggar all the way through.

Who's That Guy - 15G
"Final Fight™: Complete all levels with Guy."
As it says. Doesn't matter how many lives or continues you use, just finish the game playing as Guy all the way through.

Locksmith - 25G
"Unlock everything in the vault."
By far the hardest achievement, this one will keep you going longer than any of the others. Everything in the vault must be unlocked by meeting certain requirements. Typical goals in Final Fight are meeting specific scores or times in certain levels, or simply playing as a certain character on a certain level. Typical goals in Magic Sword include finding a completing secret levels, and completing levels in co-op mode. You can access the vault to see what requirements you still need to meet for each game from the main menu by selecting the 'vault' option. There is a separate vault for both Final Fight (51 goals) and Magic Sword (18 goals) - both vaults have to have everything unlocked to earn this achievement. See here for a list of all vault requirements.

Final Fighters - 10G
"Final Fight™: Complete all levels in co-op."
As it says, complete every level of the game in co-op, either online or locally. If you join a session already in progress, you won't get this achievement. You have to start from the start, but this doesn't necessarily have to be done in one sitting.
NOTE: Some people have had trouble unlocking this. If you are going to go through the game in online co-op, make sure that both players have joined the game on the character select screen, so that it counts the first level. If you run through the game and find it doesn't unlock, your second player probably joined the game too late. You will need to replay the first level in co-op, but this can be easily done by plugging in a second pad, starting a local game (custom > local) and pressing start on pad 2 at the character select screen. Run through the first level and the achievement should unlock! (thanks techknight for the tip!)

Tough Guy - 30G
"Magic Sword: Complete all levels using less than 18 continues."
Exactly the same as Coin Gobbler for Final Fight. Best advice I can give is to put the game on easy, run through it carefully, and don't go off exploring at all. Use the map at the top of the screen to locate the end of level door, and just go for it even if you leave parts of the floor unexplored!
Also, be careful when opening chests - booby-trapped ones can cause a lot of damage! And lastly, take your time with bosses. They all follow set patterns, so once you learn them, you can keep avoiding the boss while hitting him from further back with your magic attacks.
NOTE: Do not use warp doors to skip several levels while going for this achievement. Like 'Sore Thumb', you have to finish all of the standard levels to get the achievement. (thanks ponypo2001 for the tip!)

Sore Thumb - 10G
"Magic Sword: Complete all levels."
This isn't just for finishing the game it seems. You must finish the game by completing each level. Therefore you have to try not to use any shortcuts, as there are doors that skip you up several floors at once. If you use the map at the top of the screen to locate each end of level door, you shouldn't skip any levels!

Anti-Hero - 10G
"Magic Sword: Decide to take the Black Orb."
Get to the end of the game, then you must pick the option "Yes" to take the Black Orb.
NOTE:
To save yourself some time, once you have finished the game once, you can then start the game next time from level 33, meaning you only have to complete 18 levels instead of 50 to get the chance to pick the other Black Orb option

Smashing - 10G
"Magic Sword: Decide to destroy the Black Orb."
Get to the end of the game, then you must pick the option "No" to destroy the Black Orb.
NOTE:
To save yourself some time, once you have finished the game once, you can then start the game next time from level 33, meaning you only have to complete 18 levels instead of 50 to get the chance to pick the other Black Orb option.

Alternative, quicker method (thanks YogiB!):
For Anti-Hero & Smashing, what I did that's faster is to save at level 50, beat the boss and then choose one option. When that was done I went into custom game, chose local and then just loaded up the save on slot 1, beat the last boss again then choose the other option. Much faster than beginning on level 33 again.

Ninja Skills - 30G
"Magic Sword: Complete any level without being hit, and without using a Magic Attack."
The amount of gamerscore on offer for this would have you believe it's difficult, but it isn't. Normal play through the game should net you this so long as you're being careful and going for 'Tough Guy'. All you have to do is finish one floor without being hit at all, or using magic (pressing the and button simultaneously). You also made find it easier to acquire this while playing co-op, as the second player can effectively use themselves as a shield to stop the first getting hit while you run through the level!

Alternative quicker method (thanks PonyPo2001!):
On the battlement levels (level 5 and 13 are the first two), one of the first few chests always contains an invincibilty power up. This looks like a gold chalice and emits a blue aura once activated. Run to the right through all the enemies, and you should get to the end of the floor before the power-up runs out!

Save The World - 10G
"Magic Sword: Fight and kill Drokmar."
Simply kill the end boss. Unmissable achievement if you finish the game.

Last edited by [Waggly Bean]; 04-17-2010 at 10:44 PM.
[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

The Vault
All of these requirements have to be met to gain the achievement 'Locksmith'.

Final Fight: 51 goals
Level 1 - Slums
Tier 1:
- Beat Damnd!
- Complete Slums in Under 5 mins
- Complete Slums With Cody
- Get 50,000 Points in Slums

Tier 2:
- Complete Slums in Under 3 mins 40 seconds
- Get 100,000 Points in Slums

Tier 3:
- Complete Slums in under 2 mins 27 seconds
- Get 110,000 Points in Slums

Level 2 - Subway
Tier 1:
- Beat Sodom
- Complete Subway With Guy
- Complete Subway without using 5 continues
- Complete Subway without losing 9 lives

Tier 2:
- Complete Subway without losing 7 lives
- Complete Subway without using 4 continues

Tier 3:
- Complete Subway without losing 5 lives
- Complete Subway without using 3 continues
- Complete Subway in under 7 mins 30 seconds

Level 3 - Westside District
Tier 1:
- Beat Edi. E
- Complete Westside with Haggar
- Complete Westside without losing 12 lives

Tier 2:
- Complete Westside without losing 9 lives
- Get 100,000 Points in Westside
- Complete Westside in co-op

Tier 3:
- Complete Westside without losing 7 lives
- Get 210,000 Points in Westside

Level 4 - Industrial Area
Tier 1:
- Beat Rolento
- Complete Industrial in under 10 Mins
- Complete Industrial without using 7 continues

Tier 2:
- Complete Industrial without using 4 continues
- Complete Industrial in under 6 mins
- Complete Industrial with Guy
- Complete Industrial in co-op

Tier 3:
- Complete Industrial without using 2 continues
- Complete Industrial in under 4 mins 10 seconds

Level 5 - Bay Area
Tier 1:
- Complete Bay Area with Haggar
- Beat Abigail
- Get 250,000 points in Bay Area
- Complete Bay Area in under 15 mins

Tier 2:
- Complete Bay Area in under 12 mins
- Get 400,000 points in Bay Area

Tier 3:
- Get 545,000 points in Bay Area
- Complete Bay Area in under 9 mins

Magic Sword: 18 goals
General
Tier 1:
- Complete all levels in co-op
- Score 500,000 points on level 30

Tier 2:
- Find and activate all warps
- Find all secret levels
- Complete any level in under 10 seconds

Tier 3:
- Complete all 10 secret levels

Secrets 1
Tier 1:
- Find secret warp set 1
- Complete secret level 1

Tier 2:
- Complete secret level 2
- Complete secret level 3
- Complete secret level 4

Tier 3:
- Complete secret level 5

Secrets 2
Tier 1:
- Find secret warp set 2
- Complete secret level 6

Tier 2:
- Complete secret level 7
- Complete secret level 8
- Complete secret level 9

Tier 3:
- Complete secret level 10

TIPS FOR UNLOCKING VAULT ACHIEVEMENTS:

FINAL FIGHT:
Points based: If you need to run through a level for points, I recommend using any character you want, but playing a 1 player game. Just make sure you pick everything up, and you should get a high enough score. To be extra sure, you can play the game on hard difficulty (custom game > select hard), as you get more points in hard mode. (thanks Aphrodite1 for that tip!)
Time based:
If you're going for time-based achievements, it's best to pick the faster characters. You might want to play with another competent player, if so play as Guy and Cody. Avoid Haggar, as he is pretty slow moving. If doing it by yourself, pick Guy purely for his speed.

MAGIC SWORD:
Secret levels: Secret levels are opened by finding hidden doors:
On Floor 28, crouch on the platform above the first pool of acid and slash the space in the middle. This enters alternate versions of levels 29 to 32, which are secret levels 1 - 4.
On Floor 40, crouch and slash the space above the ledge before the first pit of spikes. This enters alternate versions of levels 41 to 45, which are secret levels 5 - 10.

Find the secret warp sets: This basically seems to be a case of finding every secret 'warp' door (ones that jump you up a few levels) in the game. Here are all their locations:
Floor 7 - When you enter the floor, walk left and hit the column. warp to level 11.
Floor 14 - After the first swinging ball on a chain, jump up one step and crouch and slash the top step. The door will appear on the other side of the steps. Warps to level 19.
Floor 17 - Slash the left side of the last arch. Warps to floor 20.
Floor 21 - Between the imprisoned knight and the exit, jump left from the elevated ground while slashing. Warp to floor 24.
Floor 28 - Crouch on the platform above the first pool of acid and slash the space in the middle. Enters secret levels (1 -5).
Floor 34 - Jump and slash the left side of the the fourth pair of hanging pillars. Warps to floor 36.
Floor 39 - Slash the ledge immediately to the left of the first door after the pit of fire. Warps to floor 42.
Floor 40 - Crouch and slash the space above the ledge before the first pit of spikes. Enters secret levels (6 - 10).

Score 500,000 points on level 30: There is a trick to this, as the level is extremely short. You have to do this without dying so it's best to do this on easy difficulty (custom game > easy). Once you have completed the game once you get a level select when you start another game - luckily you can go straight to level 30, so do this! On level 30, there is a wizard floating around. When he swoops down, hit him with your sword once. He will go up into the air and start to levitate rocks. Once they are all in the air and lined up, press both buttons together ( and ) to perform a magic attack. This will transform each rock into a coin worth 8000 points. After a few seconds a new wizard will appear. Rinse and repeat until 500,000 points have been collected.

Complete any level in under 10 seconds: Do this on level 5 or 13. Simply grab the invincibility chalice in the first chest to your right, and run to the right. Your invincibility will allow you to simply run through enemies, and you should reach the other side of the screen in under 10 seconds easily.

Last edited by [Waggly Bean]; 04-15-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
dkn29

dkn29's Gamercard
Guide looks nice, I wonder which characters will be best for unlocking things in the Vault?

Just got Cody-pendant.

Last edited by dkn29; 04-14-2010 at 04:23 PM.
dkn29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
LanEvo

LanEvoIX's Gamercard
Nice work! Your guide just made my mind, i'm buying it.

Seems to be a good list of achievements, there is some challenge, some replayability involved, some encouraging to try different things.

Looking forward to play Final Fight again!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
retroboy

SuperDuperLiam's Gamercard
http://www.trueachievements.com/game.aspx?gameid=2300

Check this for more coloured pictures.

Just got Ninja Skills on level one too. It's easy just get in the bosses face and jump away when he shoots fire.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
PalmettoPanda

omegaragesc's Gamercard
Waggly, are you positive that the continues are shared between the two players for Coin Gobbler? When I got it, I only had to continue 6 times, but it seemed like the guy I was playing with used a lot more than 12. You may very well be right, I'm just seeking confirmation. Along these same lines, for the Vault achievements, do you know if for the points related ones it is the cumulative score between the two players or only for one's own score? I'll pay closer attention as I play through more and post any findings.
PalmettoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
You'll pretty much get the ninja achievement without trying by simply walking along one of the several battlement sections of Magic Sword. They almost always have an invincibilty power up at the start and you just walk straight ahead and it's next to impossible not to get it. Piece of piss.

Not sure I'd agree with 2/10 difficulty though. 2 hits in FF and you're dead due to the cheap ass AI doing mega damage and not letting you get up off the damn floor. Four hits and that's a continue. Magic Sword looks a lot more doable but I really think 2 is way too low for most people. Just my opinion.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoPanda View Post
Waggly, are you positive that the continues are shared between the two players for Coin Gobbler? When I got it, I only had to continue 6 times, but it seemed like the guy I was playing with used a lot more than 12. You may very well be right, I'm just seeking confirmation.
Hmm. I could of sworn this was the case, but I can't be 100% sure. I'll try to double-check on another account, unless someone else can confirm...

Quote:
Along these same lines, for the Vault achievements, do you know if for the points related ones it is the cumulative score between the two players or only for one's own score? I'll pay closer attention as I play through more and post any findings.
I'd of assumed it was just for 1 person. That'd make most sense anyway, although this is another thing to double-check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Not sure I'd agree with 2/10 difficulty though. 2 hits in FF and you're dead due to the cheap ass AI doing mega damage and not letting you get up off the damn floor. Four hits and that's a continue. Magic Sword looks a lot more doable but I really think 2 is way too low for most people. Just my opinion.
Maybe it's just because I've played Final Fight a lot before then... the achievements are still mostly very easy whatever your skill, but I figure on account of me being a more seasoned FF player I'll raise the difficulty a point - I was on the fence as to whether to put 2 or 3 to start with anyway.

It's definitely no harder than that though. For the most part the only characters that can repeatedly hit you while you're down are the Andore guys, so as long as you're watchful of those guys you shouldn't get too screwed over by cheap AI.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
YogiB

IntenseKha0s's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post

Anti-Hero - 10G
"Magic Sword: Decide to take the Black Orb."
Get to the end of the game, then you must pick the option "Yes" to take the Black Orb.
NOTE:
To save yourself some time, once you have finished the game once, you can then start the game next time from level 33, meaning you only have to complete 18 levels instead of 50 to get the chance to pick the other Black Orb option

Smashing - 10G
"Magic Sword: Decide to destroy the Black Orb."
Get to the end of the game, then you must pick the option "No" to destroy the Black Orb.
NOTE:
To save yourself some time, once you have finished the game once, you can then start the game next time from level 33, meaning you only have to complete 18 levels instead of 50 to get the chance to pick the other Black Orb option.
For Anti-Hero & Smashing, what I did that's faster is too save at level 50, beat the boss and then choose one of them.
When that was done I went into costum game, choose local and then just loaded up the save on slot 1, beat the last boss agian then choose the other one and that achivment unlocked.
Must faster then begin on level 33 again.
Hope you all understand what I wrote

Taking no gaming seriously, just boosting through
I love Co - Operating

If you`d like to boost or just play for fun, add me and my bestsomethingfriend~
IntenseCha0s <3 ( yes, it is a girly gamer )
~~~~
YogiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiB View Post
For Anti-Hero & Smashing, what I did that's faster is too save at level 50, beat the boss and then choose one of them.
When that was done I went into costum game, choose local and then just loaded up the save on slot 1, beat the last boss agian then choose the other one and that achivment unlocked.
Must faster then begin on level 33 again.
Hope you all understand what I wrote
Nice method! Added it to the guide!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
BrownMan

Send a message via AIM to BrownMan Send a message via MSN to BrownMan

BrownMan's Gamercard
Has anyone here got the "Final Fighters: achievement yet? I've gone through the game co-op twice and still no achievement.

Granted first time i joined and some one was like halfway done with the first level so that didnt count, but the second time i hosted a game and invited my friend. He joined as i was selecting my character (he didnt physically get in until the opening scene when ur character smashes the barrels) and we played through and still no achievement WTF!

Im seriously about to do this achievement bu myself with 2 controls -_-

BrownMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownMan View Post
Has anyone here got the "Final Fighters: achievement yet? I've gone through the game co-op twice and still no achievement.

Granted first time i joined and some one was like halfway done with the first level so that didnt count, but the second time i hosted a game and invited my friend. He joined as i was selecting my character (he didnt physically get in until the opening scene when ur character smashes the barrels) and we played through and still no achievement WTF!

Im seriously about to do this achievement bu myself with 2 controls -_-
I would imagine they have to be there from the very start, so actually already joined on the character selection screen, although I realise that there is no lobby and the character select screen is timed, and only lasts a few seconds (what is a pain!)

As your friend entered the game technically after it began, I suppose that's what screwed it up. I will experiment with this a bit tomorrow and see, but let us know if you find anything out.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #13
APKJester

APKJester's Gamercard
Quote:
I just got the achievement. (GT: Knighted)

First I joined an Xbox Live game that was in the middle of level 1 and completed to the end of the game. Then I started a local co-op game with two controllers signed in and ready at the character select screen. After beating level 1, the achievement unlocked.
This method works for the Final Fighters achievement. Props to techknight.
APKJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #14
D4RKXPOW3R

D4RKXPOW3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I can't seem to beat the 4th stage in Final Fight within the 4:10 it asks for. I got the 9 and 10 minute stages done...but that boss with the grenades is a cheap bitch. I even had him glitch on me once...After the final hit, he usually tosses grenades at his feet and dies. Instead, he just kept running around killing me with grenades and was invincible.

D4RKXPOW3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #15
techknight

Knighted's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKXPOW3R View Post
I can't seem to beat the 4th stage in Final Fight within the 4:10 it asks for.
I used Cody for this. Guy is faster but Cody is close and seems to hit harder.

When you're traveling through the stage and some enemies appear, don't stop walking. Do a jump kick to get past them but let them follow until the game won't let you progress further until everyone is knocked out. You get to skip some battles this way because not everyone will keep chasing. Plus, if you herd them right, you can defeat a lot of guys at once. (The turbo function on the SF4 stick was also quite helpful.)

Towards the end of the fight with Rolento where he runs around a lot, I hit him most with Cody's special move just after he jumped down from the wall to start running again.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and if you do use the turbo mode to make X rapid fire, make sure you use Y+A for doing the special move instead.

Last edited by techknight; 04-15-2010 at 07:11 AM.
techknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #16
4thyondaime

SWAG TRAIN's Gamercard
it's easiest to achieve the 4:10 by running through the stage until you can't run anymore using haggar mainly because when you get to the end facing rolento using the pile driver move on him will kill him in 4 to 6 pile drives and it's easiest to catch him while rolento is running around with haggar
Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #17
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4RKXPOW3R View Post
I can't seem to beat the 4th stage in Final Fight within the 4:10 it asks for. I got the 9 and 10 minute stages done...but that boss with the grenades is a cheap bitch. I even had him glitch on me once...After the final hit, he usually tosses grenades at his feet and dies. Instead, he just kept running around killing me with grenades and was invincible.
Thats unlucky mate. I agree with you, that boss is a real pain in the arse.

I've now completed all of the vault challenges for Final Fight and this is
my take on it.

The hardest vault unlocks imo are the Tier 3 on Industrial level, but by some fluke I managed to unlock both on the same run!

- Complete Industrial without using 2 continues
- Complete Industrial in under 4 mins 10 seconds

Make sure you kill Edi E on stage 3 with 2 lives left. (ie. life meter reading 1. If you can manage it with the meter reading 2 even better). I used Haggar for this and just moved to the right as fast as I could until the game stopped scrolling and then started wailing on them. By doing this often enemies can't hit you as much and some of them will disappear altogether. You will also be closer to food pickups as well.

For the section with the fire jets there are sweet spots between the flames on a horizontal path. Find it where you don't get flamed and then move to the right as fast as possible keeping the game scrolling. As long as you're in the sweet spot and stay there, even when the screen stops scrolling, the fire shouldn't hit you. Then use a combination of special attacks, jump kicks and try and land a few of his slam moves.

I know Haggar is described as slow and not recommended for the time based vault challenges, but I did them all with Haggar. Use the tactic I mentioned of moving right constantly, beating the ones that get in your way, jump kicking etc until the screen stops scrolling. Haggar is a lot stronger than the others especially with his slam moves and I found that using him I could clear the screen quickly and then get the thumbs up prompting the next scroll. Just rinse and repeat this technique until you get to the boss.

Currently working on:

Retail: Bioshock Infinite
Arcade: Brothers, Mickey Castle of Illusion, Walking Dead Season 2

Last edited by Aphrodite1; 04-15-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Aphrodite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #18
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
Another vault challenge that can be tricky and tight to achieve was:

Level 3 - Westside District

Tier 3:
- Get 210,000 Points in Westside

On my 3 runthroughs on easy I didn't get this.

Simply play the game on hard, save at the beginning of the stage. Hard gives you more points, ememies are tougher. You get more points with hammering the x button. Special moves don't give you as much. When you get to the boss just keep beating up the other enemies that turn up infinitely, leave Edi E alone. He will lose health everytime you use a life/continue but he won't ever die.

BTW - Nice guide Waggly

Currently working on:

Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #19
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quote:
Waggly, are you positive that the continues are shared between the two players for Coin Gobbler?
After having replayed, it looks to me like they're not shared. My mistake, guide updated. Makes the achievement even easier though!

Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #20
FamiDude

MonkeyJuggleDX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Complete any level in under 10 seconds: Do this on level 5 or 13. Simply grab the invincibility chalice in the first chest to your right, and run to the right. Your invincibility will allow you to simply run through enemies, and you should reach the other side of the screen in under 10 seconds easily.
I got this one on level 9. The exit is directly to the right of the entrance.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #21
masterlink55

Send a message via AIM to masterlink55 Send a message via MSN to masterlink55 Send a message via Yahoo to masterlink55

RenewedSpark's Gamercard
I've done EVERYTHING there is to do in the entire vault except beat Magic Sword on co-op. I HATE how the co-op achievements are sorta glitched...well not really glitched but still a pain in the ASS to get. GRRR!!

Last night, my friend and I played all the way through Magic Sword co-op. The vault thing didn't unlock. It could have been 1 of 2 things: Either I didn't join his game quick enough, or it could be the fact that we randomly got disconnected in the middle of one of the stages!! I managed to join his game again, but I cannot remember what stage it was we disconnected at. What a pain...

Anyway I have a question: In order to get the co-op vault to unlock, am I allowed to use warps to go through the game faster, or do I have to play every single stage to unlock it? Thanks!

EDIT: Got 200/200 lol. I went back to the stage we disconnected at (which was 33), beat it with a total stranger (that came out wrong lol), and unlocked it.

Last edited by masterlink55; 04-15-2010 at 06:24 PM.
masterlink55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #22
Mad Hatter2k5

good guide still dont know if im gonna get this one?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
miiiguel

SlayerSpecial's Gamercard
Awesome guide buddy! You just sold Capcom another FF copy.
miiiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #24
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Question for anyone that can answer. I just played Magic Sword through from stage 1 to the end and only used 3 continues the whole game. When I killed the last boss, I didn't get the achievement for using less than 18 continues. However, on this run, I decided to finish off my vault (barring co-op, the only one I have left) by using the warps. I take it using these voids the achievement? If so it would be great to have a clarification and would also, if it proves to be true, be very handy to add to the guide (which is superb BTW). Can anyone else shed some light for me here?

EDIT : Well, I'll confirm it myself. Just did every level without warps and got both "Sore Thumb" and "Tough Guy" so you do have to do every level from 1 to 50. Just a co-op runthrough and I'm done =)

Last edited by ponypo2001; 04-17-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #25
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
PonyPo

Note that you have to play every level for the coop too, no warps. I used the level 14 warp to 19 when doing this and didn't get the vault unlock. So I went back and just replayed those levels again using the level select when the game starts and it unlocked in the vault.

Also anyone having issues with the coop, i was sad and did it myself with 2 controllers. Worked a charm, just remember to continue each player during the 10 second countdown. Just move to the exit constantly, jumping and when you get hit by an ememy you are invunerable for a bit so you can walk through enemies. Took me about 25-30mins to do.

Currently working on:

Old 04-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #26
Action!

TrueDevilHunter's Gamercard
Great guide, I only played this game for a couple hours so far but it's a blast.
Action! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Question for anyone that can answer. I just played Magic Sword through from stage 1 to the end and only used 3 continues the whole game. When I killed the last boss, I didn't get the achievement for using less than 18 continues. However, on this run, I decided to finish off my vault (barring co-op, the only one I have left) by using the warps. I take it using these voids the achievement? If so it would be great to have a clarification and would also, if it proves to be true, be very handy to add to the guide (which is superb BTW). Can anyone else shed some light for me here?

EDIT : Well, I'll confirm it myself. Just did every level without warps and got both "Sore Thumb" and "Tough Guy" so you do have to do every level from 1 to 50. Just a co-op runthrough and I'm done =)
Cheers for confirming this. Added it to the guide.

And thanks to everyone who said they liked the guide!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #28
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Cheers for confirming this. Added it to the guide.

And thanks to everyone who said they liked the guide!
Np mate. Finally finished up today and it's by and large down to this guide so muchos gracias. Well written and tell's me everything I needed to know. A+

Also, cheers Aphrodite1. I nearly messed up in co-op as during the worm boss, it popped up on my screen that the vault challenge for all levels was failed after my partner died. Thankfully I spotted it so chose restart and did the level again and from there it was fine. So glad I spotted that pop up though lol

Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #29
Kyanite

Send a message via AIM to Kyanite Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanite

RCPD Zombie's Gamercard
Quote:

TIPS FOR UNLOCKING VAULT ACHIEVEMENTS:

FINAL FIGHT:
Time based: If you're going for time-based achievements, it's best to pick the faster characters. You might want to play with another competent player, if so play as Guy and Cody. Avoid Haggar, as he is pretty slow moving. If doing it by yourself, pick Guy purely for his speed.
I actually got the last few timed vault achievements using Haggar. I tried to beat the Slums in 2:27 and Industrial in 4:10 using both Guy and Cody, and I always failed by five seconds or so. The reason I think I succeeded with Haggar is because his piledriver and suplex take a lot more off of the boss' life bar. Of course it can be done with either of the three fighters, but I think Haggar might have an edge due to being able to do so much more damage.

100% Arcade Achievement Completion: 23
Kyanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #30
sdekaar

screenshots

sdekaar is offline   Reply With Quote