PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Final Fight: Double Impact
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
PeaceSquid

PeaceSquid's Gamercard
Co-op achv not unlocking

I hosted an Xbox Live co-op match on Final Fight and beat the game and neither of us got the achv. My mate has done the whole game twice in co-op and still not gotten it (and didn't get another achv he was meant to unlock).

Glitched?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
LoversandBrothers

abelxcain's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, I haven't unlocked it yet. I have played this evening a lot of online matches and I'm sure I've completed all the levels from the start to the end except the first one wich I entered it in a middle of another player session. And I always played medium difficulty games. In fact I only need this achievement and the vault one.
LoversandBrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoversandBrothers View Post
Well, I haven't unlocked it yet. I have played this evening a lot of online matches and I'm sure I've completed all the levels from the start to the end except the first one wich I entered it in a middle of another player session. And I always played medium difficulty games. In fact I only need this achievement and the vault one.
There's someone else with the same problem it would seem. I will give it a go tomorrow online with someone to see if I can get it. If not, I'll play through it locally and see what happens there, and amend the achievement guide for the results if necessary.

I assume you have to do it in 1 playthrough rather than just having done all the levels in co-op at some point or other.

I'll experiment and post my results tomorrow anyway if nobody else has found out what's going on!

EDIT: Someone on my friend list has it, so it's obviously not completely unobtainable. I will ask him tomorrow how he got it!

Last edited by [Waggly Bean]; 04-14-2010 at 10:38 PM.
[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #4
techknight

Knighted's Gamercard
I just got the achievement. (GT: Knighted)

First I joined an Xbox Live game that was in the middle of level 1 and completed to the end of the game. Then I started a local co-op game with two controllers signed in and ready at the character select screen. After beating level 1, the achievement unlocked.
techknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
APKJester

APKJester's Gamercard
This method worked for me as well. Just start a local co-op game with a second controller and complete the first level to get the achievement. Nice find techknight!
APKJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 AM   #6
JDUB XL

JDUB XL's Gamercard
My brother and I just played through the entire game from start to finish and we both got the achievement for 18 continues but neither of us got the co-op one and he did not get one for playing through the whole game as Hagger even though I got the one for Guy just fine.

EDIT: is there a way to bring in local player two before the first level starts. like from the first character select screen or something?

Last edited by JDUB XL; 04-15-2010 at 04:52 AM.
JDUB XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 AM   #7
RedPyramidThing

RedPyramidThing's Gamercard
Obviously the local co-op method is working for folks, but has anyone gotten it by just playing online yet?
RedPyramidThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
DwayneDays

DwayneDays's Gamercard
my cousin and I have tonight

All I did was create a custon game send him an invite and not choose my character till he was in the game, finished the game and it unlocked for us both
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
DwayneDays

DwayneDays's Gamercard
i really wish this stupid privacy setting thing would go away from my gamercard
Old 04-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
4thyondaime

SWAG TRAIN's Gamercard
I set up my game to no online plugged in another controller used my 2nd account to play co-op by myself and let the AI kill the other guy while I did all the killing and at the end all the correct achievements unlocked for both profiles including my co-op achievement also before I chose my character I pressed start to allow my 2nd account to join in and choose cody while I played as haggar
Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #11
techknight

Knighted's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB XL View Post
EDIT: is there a way to bring in local player two before the first level starts. like from the first character select screen or something?
When the character select screen is up, press Start on player two's controller.
techknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #12
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thyondaime View Post
I set up my game to no online plugged in another controller used my 2nd account to play co-op by myself and let the AI kill the other guy while I did all the killing and at the end all the correct achievements unlocked for both profiles including my co-op achievement also before I chose my character I pressed start to allow my 2nd account to join in and choose cody while I played as haggar
Thats how I did it and it unlocked on my primary account fine.

Currently working on:

Retail: Bioshock Infinite
Arcade: Brothers, Mickey Castle of Illusion, Walking Dead Season 2
Aphrodite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #13
ghostlymostly

Send a message via MSN to ghostlymostly Send a message via Yahoo to ghostlymostly

ghostlymostly's Gamercard
...oh and don't let the continue timer run out, my girlfriend let it go down the last stage :S........

ghostlymostly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #14
Valter

With Seoul's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by techknight View Post
I just got the achievement. (GT: Knighted)

First I joined an Xbox Live game that was in the middle of level 1 and completed to the end of the game. Then I started a local co-op game with two controllers signed in and ready at the character select screen. After beating level 1, the achievement unlocked.
I will try this now, thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
Demon Ninja

Demon Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The problem is the character select screen counts as playing the game. If you try to do this online, make sure you invite a friend in the select screen and have him choose his character there.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #16
GR4V1G0R3

GR4V1G0R3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
sweet, thanks for the info,
my cousin and i were trying this last night, and after 2 full runs, got nothing (i didnt even get a complete with 'char') he was the host if you haven't guessed already

the text font = fail on 28" SDTV, can barely read most of the messages regarding challenges
GR4V1G0R3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
D1Laud1D0d1

D1Laud1D0d1's Gamercard
Thanks Demon Ninja I was getting sick of playing through this game on coop with no achievement.
D1Laud1D0d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
Reverendjc

The problem is the character select screen counts as playing the game. If you try to do this online, make sure you invite a friend in the select screen and have him choose his character there.

How do you do this though? Every time I get to the character select screen it auto-selects my character after a few seconds, and its extremely frustrating that I can't wait for someone else to join/invite someone! What am I missing?

Reverendjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #19
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I did the co-op achievement by myself playing both controllers offline Custom game on Easy. Make sure the second player joins in at the character select screen before the game even starts or it won't count Stage 1. Also make sure the timer never runs out when you have to continue. Letting the timer run out and then rejoining will NOT count as completing the stage, nor will someone joining in at ANY point of a stage. It MUST be done co-op start to finish on every stage.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 AM   #20
DESTRO5

RisottoRage's Gamercard
Co-op

I got this achievement online in one sitting. Try it that way.
DESTRO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #21
F TANK

F TANK's Gamercard
What the hell?...I beat most of the game in online co-op and then did a second sweep in local co-op with a second controller by myself, finished the whole stinking game and it still didn't unlock.
I also did this on Final Fight, played through the 1st stage and it unlocked no problem
F TANK is offline   Reply With Quote