PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
SageRamirez

SageRamirez00's Gamercard
What's been some of your gaming highlights of this last generation?

Whether its an achievement that took you forever to get, and you just felt so proud to finally earn, a funny story that once it happened, you couldn't help but just laugh, or anything in between? What's stood out for you this last generation of gaming?

For me, there's a couple. Climbing on top of the Colosseum in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has been a huge one for me. That, seeing Mortal Kombat *finally* return in top form, and, despite it not living up to anyone's expectations, seeing Duke Nukem Forever actually get released. Those are three things that I'll never forget.
SageRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
ckfool

BF3 was big for me, especially shooting choppers out of the sky with a long ranged shot from a tank. Nothing compares haha.
ckfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
JamesA

JamesA2710's Gamercard
I'd have to say playing Oblivion for the first time or Deus Ex...brilliant games
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Royalty

GiRL B0RN DESi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
On BF3 multiplayer,
- Eliminating enemies with single head shots using sniper rifles that have short range scopes attached.
- Destroying buildings using tanks, jets and choppers. I love making big boom!
- Tanks!!
- Becoming one of the top 3 MVPs.

One of the BF Battlelog reports from one of my past games

Some more examples
- http://i.imgur.com/lnDRnG9.jpg
- http://i46.tinypic.com/2mn0ppf.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/wNOVc.jpg

What a show off I am.. i love it :P

.`.☆..☆.`.
.★;( My Weвsiтe )☆( Instagram )☆( Youтuвe )☆( GoodReads );★.
`,☆,,☆,

Last edited by Royalty; 01-05-2014 at 04:46 AM. Reason: oops I just understood the subject of this topic.
Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
- Getting nukes on MW2. That never gets old. Plus all of the countless memories my friends and I have had throughout the years of playing it.

- Dark Souls. All of it. It was so immersive throughout. Every time I've stopped to just look around at the world, it's been so rewarding.

- Finally beating Through The Fire and Flames on Expert. Being a Guitar Hero player for years, this was one of the ultimate goals I had. To have done it was amazing
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Entering Mexico for the first time in Act II of Red Dead Redemption and that song Far Away started playing.

Was an amazing feeling.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #7
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Finishing Through the Fire and Flames on Expert in GHIII.

Finishing The Shadows Rushed Me achievement in Max Payne 3.

Gold starring 74/84 songs on Expert Drums in Rock Band 2 & 84/84 on Expert Vocals in Rock Band 2.

Achieving Endure in Halo 3: ODST.

My first collateral damage with a .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle on Overgrown Search & Destroy in Modern Warfare.

Playing through the brilliant new IP of 2012, Dishonored.

Experiencing BioShock [1], BioShock Infinite, and The Last of Us (Holy cow, do I love The Last of Us).

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 01-04-2014 at 07:37 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #8
exit9500
Duck Face Freedom Warrior

exit9500's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 3   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Tri-Gamer Tournament - 2nd Round Runner Up   Community Gaming - Platinum   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Arcade Crazy - Silver   VGO Silver Medal   Staff - Community and Events Team   Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
The scene that comes to my head immediately is when Shepard was made a Spectre.

We don't expect much just perfection!
Time Jumps into the Endless Darkness of Night
The Great, Big, Cuddly, and Adorable Creechlina
Join the War Efforts Against the Enemy of Us ALL
exit9500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #9
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
This is a tough one, but using the other posts as a reference:

1. Finally get 5 stars on Eruption in GH Van Halen. That one was much tougher than even beating Jordan or TTFAF.

2. The opening to mass effect 2 and the ending of mass effect 3 (the fixed one). both unbelievably good.

3. The opening to Bioshock Infinite. the water was so beautiful I knew it was going to be a pretty game.

4. My first Pooh-bah in Hexic, that took foreverrrr!

5. I will post more when more people give me ideas that I forgot
Old 01-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #10
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Bloodborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Getting the last achievement for DMC HD Collection. Felt like David just after killing Goliath.

Completing all the DMC games. Felt like a hack n slash god by that point.

Getting a cross-map headshot with the Desert Eagle in CoD4. Oh man, total badassery.

Watching the cutscenes for Reach. One of my first 7th gen games, was so realistic to me.

Getting War horse in Undead Nightmare. Fire horse for the win! (Especially after running it through the zombie-filled gorge )
Old 01-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #11
JT Fever

oO JT Fever Oo's Gamercard
watch out gackt

Stepping out of the vault for the 1st time in FO3 and realising the vastness of the game.

Red Dead John's final journey

Bioshock 1 for atmosphere

BF3 crouched under anything on your 1st game

N-joi

Click 4 Soundcloud

House Music from the 90's

JT Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #12
TwiK999

TwiK999's Gamercard
Halo 3 multiplayer was the biggest thing for me. Spent too much time playing that game.

Then there is:

Guitar Hero 3 - Beating Through the Fire and Flames on expert and 5 starring all songs on expert

Playing and being obsessed by all the Bioshock games. Replaying Infinite 5 times after its release.

COD 4 and MW2 multiplayer - Good times back in the day.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7ter for the sig!

Steam ID: EYazz
TwiK999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:15 AM   #13
Fozki Razormaid

Silent Zeo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Fever View Post
Stepping out of the vault for the 1st time in FO3 and realising the vastness of the game.

Red Dead John's final journey

Bioshock 1 for atmosphere

BF3 crouched under anything on your 1st game

leaving both vault 101 and the imperial sewers
also my first full dragon shout
the song from RDR deadmans gun
getting my first 100%
beating lonesome road
Fozki Razormaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #14
Darth Grif55

Club Deadpool's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Surviving Endure in Halo 3: ODST, not once but TWICE.

Beating Gears of War 2 on Insanity with one of my best friends.

Getting to the end of Mass Effect 2; realizing what a great adventure I had just gone through.

Beating The Walking Dead, the first (& so far only) game to bring me to tears.

Going through the hype train of Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Guessing which characters would be in the game was so much fun; I pray that MvC4 happens in a couple years.

The entirety of Halo 3, the game that made a gamer AND an achievement hunter.

Xbox 360 Retail Games Completed: 22
Xbox Live Arcade Games Completed: 26
Xbox One Games Completed: 1
Xbox One Apps Completed: 1
Darth Grif55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
shooterking69

mastershoter's Gamercard
Awesome ass story mode campaigns such as mass effect 2, walking dead, read dead, bioshock and bayonetta.

Also had HOURS of fun playing the MP of halo 3, gears and MW2. Especially if it involves cross map stickies or throwing knifes

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Completion Highlights:

Portal 2
Too Human
Both on old profile, but two of my most impressive completions.

Oblivion: Played this when it first came out and was immediately blown away. Still love playing it now despite the outdated graphics.

Portal 2: The whole game was beatifully created, and along weigh the puzzles, the story that went along with it was fantastic.

Dead Island (both): I was one of a few it seems, that loved the games. The setting was great, and although a bit cheesy, I enjoyed the story. Smashing zombies had never been this much fun.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #17
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
-Team Fortress 2. All of it. My first true multiplayer game I've ever played. I spent 2 years playing it nonstop and made some of my best XBL friends from it. Nothing beat coming home from school and immediately getting on TF2 to see 7+ friends online and chatting away in-game. Sadly now there's only 3 (including myself) left and occasionally we go on to play every spring but it feels like a ghost town. Quite depressing.

-Left 4 Dead 1. Same thing nearly as TF2. Back when L4D came out there was only 5 of us left so we always played this nonstop for a year.

-BioShock 1. I watched the ending on Youtube before I even owned the game so I already knew how it was going to end... but that famous line, man. That shit knocked me off my feet.

-BioShock: Infinite. Reaching Columbia and after you step out of the chair you reach the area that's got water flowing through it with the calming music playing. Sat there for over thirty minutes soaking up the atmosphere.

-The Walking Dead. Dat ending.

-Mirror's Edge. The only game this far to actually make it feel like I was controlling a real person. Every movement had weight to it. Simply perfect.

-Fallout 3. Got sucked into the atmopshere and story.

-Mass Effect Series. I love space and I love RPG's.

-Duke Nukem Forever. Picking up pieces of poo and flinging them around. Clearly the height of gaming itself. Never to be matched.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #18
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
- Skyrim as a whole, it was an unbelievable experience for the 1st month.

- MW2 : The first time I got a nuke was amazing, I was playing with a friend who was defending me while I was killing everyone on the chopper

- WoW WOTLK : completing ICC by killing the lich king in a 10 man raid. When I did it we were like 6 at the end to do the job and we managed to do it, my warlock was so awesome back then!
Old 01-05-2014, 04:13 PM   #19
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Probably saving up enough to buy my first 360 (this was at age 14, so $500 was a lot of money), it counts as gaming right?

First time playing Fallout 3, still is my favourite game to this day.

Finishing CoD4 on Veteran, felt more of an accomplishment to me than Mile High Club as it was the first game I ever completed on hardest difficulty.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #20
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Cod 4 - so much time on the mp

Gears of War 1- again so much time on the mp late nights . Also my first mp game ( besides halo 2) were I dedicated all my gaming to.

Mass Effect series- absolutely loved the entire series. Excellent games and an immersive story that always made me come back for more. Loved the mp in mass effect 3 also.

Left 4 Dead 1- Going through on realistic with 3 others friends countless times and having a blast doing it!

Meeting a lot of great people from this site and live! The community can make a game that much better. Some people I have met will be life long friends now.
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #21
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
-BioShock 1. I watched the ending on Youtube before I even owned the game so I already knew how it was going to end... but that famous line, man. That shit knocked me off my feet..
You play games standing up?

Old 01-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #22
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I know I do.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #23
Slaughter XBA
Lost

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
  • Decapitating Ulfric Stormcloak
  • Watching "The Dark Soul" achievement pop (get all other achievements) in Dark Souls
  • Throwing General Oliver off of Hoover Dam in New Vegas
  • Finishing Dishonored and Deus Ex: Human Revolution without being seen or killing anybody.
Those are mine off the top of my head.

My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.

Last edited by Slaughter XBA; 01-05-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #24
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The final sequence in Far Cry Blood Dragon

Exiting the vault for the first time in Fallout 3

Gold Starring my first ever song in Rock Back 2 on Guitar

The "Under the stairs" scene in Bioshock Infinite, with the acoustic guitar play and singing

Seeing the first robo-dinosaur in Earth Defense Force 2017

Grinding through Dark Souls just to see the next new brilliantly conceived enemy. The enemy design in that game is unmatched and was incredible

Getting punched by a Big Daddy for the first time in the original Bioshock

The "fire spread" effect in Far Cry 2. I seriously just kept setting stuff on fire to see how far it would spread and if it would burn down trees. It did.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #25
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I know I do.
I stand on my hands when I play. What's the confusion?
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #26
Crispycjc666

CrispyCJC666's Gamercard
Stepping out into the world of Skyrim after the intro sequence. Seeing the fish jumping in the river, taking in the sights of the world. Breathtaking. Thankfully the rest of the game was just as amazing.
Throw in the scope of the Mass Effect trilogy, 3 games where all of your choices tie into each game in some way, awesome.
Crispycjc666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #27
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
I play guitar hero/rock band standing up most of the time.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #28
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
No but when I was playing I was so into the cutscene that I stood up and when I did somehow a ghostly apparition of a face came out of my tv and smacked me in the chest making me hit a wall. Shit was tense, man.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #29
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I know I do.
Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade. View Post
I stand on my hands when I play. What's the confusion?
Weirder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I play guitar hero/rock band standing up most of the time.
Weirdest (I need to be sitting down when singing/strumming).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
No but when I was playing I was so into the cutscene that I stood up and when I did somehow a ghostly apparition of a face came out of my tv and smacked me in the chest making me hit a wall. Shit was tense, man.
Understandable. Completely. There's been two times in gaming where I stood up in shock at what I experienced.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #30
Slaughter XBA
Lost

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Understandable. Completely. There's been two times in gaming where I stood up in shock at what I experienced.
The RDR and Batman: Arkham City ending did that to me. I stood up in shock.

And when someone starts shooting at you in New Vegas and you were right next to them without knowing it :/

My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote