PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead 2 > The Passing
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

L4D2THEPASSING.jpg

LEFT 4 DEAD 2
THE PASSING ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE

BY: Shaun_26 GT: STEALTHSHAUN

Overview:
+ Estimated DLC Achievement Difficulty: 4/10
+ Offline: 10 (250)
+ Online: 10 (250)
+ Approximate Time: 2 Hours + (5-6weeks for Mutant Overlord)
+ Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Needed: 1
+ Missable Achievements: 0
+ Glitched Achievements: 0
+ Avatar Awards: 2
+ Cheats: 0
(All achievements can be attained both Online and Offline across 4 game modes, Campaign, Versus, Scavenge and Mutations. Not all games modes are required for the Achievements but 2 controllers will help if only playing Offline)

NOTE: Mutant Overlord: 6 Mutations games, will take 5-6weeks, This is due to Valve releasing a different game mode for Mutations every week.

Torch Bearer - 20
Survive The Passing Campaign.

Just survive "The Passing" Campaign and make it onto the rescue vehicle.
The Passing Campaign
Chapter 1: Riverbank
Chapter 2: Underground
Chapter 3: Port
Can be earned Online or Offline.

Port of Scavenge - 30
Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port.

Just finish 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port, The Port is a new scavenge stage in "The Passing", You dont have to win the game just finish 5 full games. Must be done in Scavenge or easily earned in SplitScreen with 2 controllers, you can also make this quicker by switching the game to Single Rounds in the Options.

Fore! - 25
Knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club.

Simply pick up the Golf Club at anytime during The Passing Campaign or in any game mode in "The Passing" and decapitate 18 zombies for this easy achievement.

Til It Goes Click - 20
Using the M60, kill 25 infected without letting go of the trigger.

I found the easiest way to do this is in Chapter 2: Underground, you will find the M60 about halfway through this stage, hold onto it until you reach the safe room, at this stage the AI will stay in the room and you can walk backwards to the top of the long straight set of stairs, wait here until a horde starts running up the stairs then dont stop shooting the m60 until the achievement unlocks.

Killing Them Swiftly To This Song - 20
Play the new Midnight Riders song on a jukebox.

Chapter 2, Underground: As soon as you start and enter the street, walk right to the end where you will find a Bar called Pool Hall across from the Dance Club, once you enter on your right in the corner there is a jukebox which has the Midnight Riders new song. Press
3 times to change track and get the achievement.

Wedding Crasher - 30
As the Charger, grab a Survivor and crash them through 8 chairs at the wedding.

Load Chapter 1: Riverbank 2 player Versus or Scavenge on Riverbank, Then put the controller you want the achievement for as Infected and your 2nd control as a survivor, then once at the wedding, Charge your 2nd controller through 8 wedding chairs. This is harder then it sounds due to extra Special Infected being added.
You can rush to the wedding, get straight in position down the right hand side of the chairs, Then charge the AI or 2nd control through 8 chairs if your lucky.
Easiest done Online with 4-8 people in Versus. Special Infected DONT SPAWN if Infected Team is FULL. Check the
Achievement Trading Thread

Cache Grab - 20
Open 5 foot lockers.

These are weapon crates hidden around The Passing Campaign, You must find and open them to Unlock this Achievement. They do NOT have to be found in one playthrough.
It has been confirmed, these are in different locations for different people, so take your time and search every room and corridor then eventually you will find them all.
If having trouble, add in a 2nd profile that has not yet completed these 5 caches and play in offline mode, this will load another 5 caches for the person that has not completed it then just research and open on your profile.

All Caches are only found in Chapter 1: Riverbank and Chapter 2: Underground.

Cache 1: Chapter 1, Riverbank: In the first building, just upstairs in the room on the right.

Cache 2: Chapter
1, Riverbank: As you make your way into the first building and up into the 2nd floor, There is a Bar, Just past this bar is a door on the right with the 2nd Cache.

Cache 3: Chapter1, Riverbank: Once you cross the catwalk and go into the second house, then head upstairs and turn around into the back room, go up another flight of stairs and turn left to find a small room with the 3rd Cache.

Cache 4: Chapter 2, Underground: At the start head into the main street, head right down the end to find a Bar called Pool Hall on the left across from the Dance Club, In the far back left hand corner is the 4th Cache.

Cache 5: Chapter
2, Underground: Once you head through the water and clear out the next building, there is a plank of wood you have to cross, once over the wood and into the next building, you will see the 5th Cache in the next room on your left.

Kite Like a Man - 30
Kill a tank only with damage from the original Survivors.

In the Finale on the 3rd Chapter Port, The original survivors cover you from an above balcony, you can get lucky and they will take out a tank from above if the tank spawns away from you and close to them. You can also play this with 2 controls and take out the other 2 AI, this way u can easy let one controller die infront of the original survivors so they can take out the tank. Is also very easy online with 4 people, if everyone is going for the achievement.
If you don't have 3 friends, try the Achievement Trading/Co-op Partner Thread

Grave Robber - 25
Collect 10 items dropped by a Fallen Survivor.

While playing through The Passing Campaign you will notice an uncommon common infected aka, The Fallen Survivor, This is a new zombie who looks like a survivor. Chase him down and shoot the fallen survivor until he drops his items, Simply pick up these items and repeat until achievement unlocks.

Mutant Overlord - 30
Play 6 Mutations.

Simply play 6 Mutation games, Easiest done with 2 controllers in a Friends Only Mutations game. You do not have to win just play 6 different games of Mutations. Must be 6 different Mutations game types, Valve will update a new game type every week. Which means playing at least one day, every week, for 6 weeks.

Last edited by Shaun_26; 04-23-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Shaun_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
BlindxLink

Send a message via MSN to BlindxLink

BlindxLink's Gamercard
Good guide except..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_26 View Post

Port of Scavenge
Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port.

Just finish 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port. You dont have to win the game just finish 5 full games.. Can be done in Versus with 2 controllers.
Fix to say Scavenge or split screen. :P
Old 04-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Um.....ok. Maybe you should see the forum rules:

Quote:
Writing Guides
Do not try to ‘reserve’ a game to write a guide for. When a game comes out, is when the guide should be started. Don’t start when the Achievement list is revealed. The aim is to have the best guide for the site, so if that means combining 10 guides, then we will. Please see this thread for more information.
Sometimes this is overlooked cause people get the game early, but content isn't out for ANYONE yet.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #4
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
my bad on starting it early but by the sounds of it..
it comes out tomorrow anyway... im not gonna just make a half arsed guide either..
ill put everything you need to know in... if you have any better tips let me know and ill deff put it in.. just getting it ready... sorry if ive pissed anyone off over it..

WEDDING CRASHER

Alright it seems like alot of people are having trouble with this..
I didnt have enough room 2 put this in my guide...
But if having troubles with 2 controllers and the AI try the Achievement Trading Thread.. with 3 or 4 people this will make it alot easier...

Online: Take time with your team and then once at the wedding have your team cover you while you find the best position and then Charge your 2nd controller into the 8 chairs.. with real people you dont have 2 worry about your charger being killed and your team mates can focus on the extra SI..

2 controllers:
Rush position 2 the wedding.. try and get infront of the spawning enemies... That way you can run all the way to the wedding and make it there with not to many troubles from SI.. once there try and be prepared with a charger and put your team into position as soon as possible..
You can kill off the AI but this will also make it harder, if you leave them they can clean up any other SI while you sneak your Charger into position... You can get it this way, just takes alittle bit of luck and then hope you hit 8 chairs..
Also found it easier in Muation to get to the wedding, in versus the AI tends to do stupid shit and not take out Special Infected sometimes, but once at the wedding u must be ready because shit goes down quick in Realism Versus, (Mutations).

This does involve abit of luck but is easily doable Offline, Online with 4 real survivors is easier!! Good Luck!!!

Last edited by Shaun_26; 04-23-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
my bad on starting it early but by the sounds of it..
it comes out tomorrow anyway... im not gonna just make a half arsed guide either..
ill put everything you need to know in... if you have any better tips let me know and ill deff put it in.. just getting it ready... sorry if ive pissed anyone off over it..
I think it comes out Wednesday the 21st actually
KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
Krymsyn

Krymsyn's Gamercard
Quote:

Grave Robber
Collect 10 items dropped by a Fallen Survivor.

Once you notice one of your own survivors turns into a zombie, Chase him down and shoot the fallen survivor until he drops his items, Simply pick up items and repeat until achievement unlocks.
I thought the fallen survivors were the uncommon common of this level and that it was other random survivors scattered around the levels, not "your own" survivors.
Krymsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
yeah cheers mate i fixed that up...
either way i think the fallen survivor will be pretty obvious who u need to chase down..

Last edited by Shaun_26; 04-20-2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:04 AM   #8
BlindxLink

BlindxLink's Gamercard
Yeah Shaun the fallen survivor is an uncommon infected, but you got the basics, chase him down and when he dies he drops a goodie.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
KSizzle

KSizzle BW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well they don't look very hard imo. Was wondering when the list would be released. I still can't wait to play it. The hardest one will probably be the one involving the old survivors. Anyone's guess is as good as mine as to what you will have to do to obtain it. Also, Mutation mode sounds like it could be interesting.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #10
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Holy Shield, never expected the achievements to be out this soon, or at today. Whoo-hoo!!!! The achievements looks fun and good. Now I gotta search and see which day it comes out for sure. Thanks for the guide.

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #11
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
yeah they dont look hard at all..
the one with old survivors sounds like it could be hard but we will find out soon...
can all of u see the pictures i put in??
cos i can see them when im signed in but not when im not signed in, i cant see the top image and the mutant overlord image.. can everyone seem them or not???
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #12
KSizzle

KSizzle BW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Yeah, I see them...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #13
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
cheers mate.. think i fixed it...

Last edited by Shaun_26; 04-20-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #14
Cyberfire

EpicCyberfire's Gamercard
The new modes sound fun, just what this game needs. Is there going to be any new avatar rewards coming with this? I'd love a Bill jacket!
Cyberfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Cool guide, cant wait to play this! 1ked the orginal so will be owning this DLC
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Any idea whether 'Still something to prove' will require completion of the addition campaign (for those who have not yet got the achievement)?

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #17
amacteur
Graphics Team

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wortsenawl View Post
Any idea whether 'Still something to prove' will require completion of the addition campaign (for those who have not yet got the achievement)?
I don't think so. You only need to complete the 5 campaigns to grab this achievement.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
I Link v2 I

I Link v2 I's Gamercard
Looks good so far but I found one small error (All achievements can be attained both Online and Offline accross 4 game modes, Campaign, Versus, Scavenge and Mutations. Not all games modes are required for the Achievements but 2 controllers will help if only playing Offline)

not a big deal but thought I would lelt you know
I Link v2 I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #19
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
haha yeah cheers mate.. got as much info as i could find on them so far...
but i think it will be out soon so ill finish it once i know where everything else is..
thanks anyways... glad u like my guide so far..
Old 04-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #20
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
...betcha getting the Kite Like A Man cheevo could be done in Versus (as with all of the other SI cheevos from both L4D games).

I'm hoping this new "Mutation" mode is like a better version of Infestation from AvP...or something to that effect.

MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #21
Cyberfire

EpicCyberfire's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wortsenawl View Post
Crash Course didn't for the original, so I'll doubt this will.
Cyberfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #22
BlindxLink

BlindxLink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogChad View Post
I'm hoping this new "Mutation" mode is like a better version of Infestation from AvP...or something to that effect.
It's probably like Killing Floor's Mutation (a game on PC) It's pretty much settings for your game. Boomers only, hunters only, smokers only, witches, tanks etc.

I could understand that because it says play 6 Mutations, not Mutate 6 people, so I doubt it's some infect type thing.

To clear this up, there's not just one game mode. I see people saying Mutations is the only addition or whatever it will be called.

It's been confirmed long ago that there will be more than 1. Look at the footlocker achievement.

So speaking of the footlocker achievement. How does this sound for a guess.

You need to find all of the footlockers scattered throughout the level within the time limit. It's pretty much Scavenge, except you find the lockers, and have to open them up. You will have a bar to fill up while opening (like healing, pouring a gas can, etc)

If that's the case, would you guys play it?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #23
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindxLink View Post
[....]

So speaking of the footlocker achievement. How does this sound for a guess.

You need to find all of the footlockers scattered throughout the level within the time limit. It's pretty much Scavenge, except you find the lockers, and have to open them up. You will have a bar to fill up while opening (like healing, pouring a gas can, etc)

If that's the case, would you guys play it?
Huh, I thought this would be like opening a medical cabinet (where one can grab pills), not a another mode. Anyway, interesting theory you have there BxL.

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #24
Purge
anime is 4 nerdz

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Um, but it's not even out yet? How can you write an achievement guide if it's not out.. or if you haven't even played it..?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #25
R Rated Love

R Rated Love's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
If that's the whole "footlockers" thing, it'd be pretty lame. Same exact thing as Scavenge, except easier, as you don't have to take the footlocker anywhere, you just open it.

I'm assuming they're just located throughout the campaign and have malatovs, pipebombs, pills, etc. in them.
R Rated Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #26
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Quote:
It's probably like Killing Floor's Mutation (a game on PC) It's pretty much settings for your game. Boomers only, hunters only, smokers only, witches, tanks etc.

I could understand that because it says play 6 Mutations, not Mutate 6 people, so I doubt it's some infect type thing.
I think the whole "choice of words" angle is just splitting hairs...in a game mode called Mutation you could easily mutate players/NPCs; it's all just in using possessive, present-, or future-tense of the word.

Either way...I'm gonna play it of course so what do I care(?).

Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #27
howelcb

Mutation mode

Directly from Valve forums...

'The Passing also introduces a series of weekly game mode events dubbed "Mutations." These week-long runs of new gameplay modes range from "Realism Versus" mode to "Chainsaw Massacre," which gives all players chainsaws with an unlimited supply of gasoline. There are over 20 Mutations planned, each playable on all L4D2 Campaigns. Mutations are exclusively available to owners of "The Passing" DLC.'
howelcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #28
BlindxLink

BlindxLink's Gamercard
This is weird too.

They are messing with out heads on who dies!

The first picture is from the blog yesterday, and the second is from today I believe.

Louis, then Bill?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #29
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
^^ Good catch!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #30
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
This is weird too.

They are messing with out heads on who dies!

The first picture is from the blog yesterday, and the second is from today I believe.

Louis, then Bill?

....also add the Evidence of the Re-done Title Poster & it seems like were saying goodbye to Louis No Moar Pillz

EDIT: Valve are Bieng very sneaky it seems that on the Left 4 dead Blog they are constantly changing which of the L4D1 survivors appear in the Back ground

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

Last edited by k2345; 04-20-2010 at 10:57 PM.
k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote