PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead 2 > The Passing
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #31
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
Yeah Zoey is dead on the l4d2 blog now.. but Bill is most likely to die because he is the oldest... well its 12pm on the 21st in Australia, does anyone know what time The Passing is being released on the 22nd?? how many hours do i have 2 go??? or will it be another 24 hours?? thanks for anyones help..
Shaun_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:39 AM   #32
Dr0kz

dr0kz's Gamercard
Bill dead? Never! He's the old war veteran man, remember that intro movie from L4D1?
It'll be francis probebly, Louis likely wont because hes black and all, Zoey because it's a lass.

And yea no idea when it's coming out now, giving a global time would be much more favourable then just yelling THURSDAY.

We are both off on a US thursday by a good few hours lol

Dr0kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #33
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
yeah i think it will be Bill or Francis..
but Francis dont give a fuck about no one his not gonna sacrifice himself maybe he would for Zoey but he aint gonna get laid when his dead... Bill like u said an old war vet, he would sacrifice himself so the young ones get away.. i just want it to be released already!!

Well by the looks of it the L4D2 BLOG changes every 10mins or so with a different character.. wonder who will go?? hopefully find out very soon...

Last edited by Shaun_26; 04-21-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:05 AM   #34
LUXB0X

LUXB0X's Gamercard
This list of achievements looks fairly simple! To be honest I was a little surprised they didn't have something involving the new bride witch or a genocidist achievement. But oh well! Looks like an easy score!

Til it goes click sounds like it could be either very simple or a pain in the butt. I could see this glitching a little or being a pain - let's say you kill 24 - i'd be a little frustrated. However, if you look at some of the ingame screen shots, there seems to be alot of zombies just hanging out. So I think this will be alot easier than we think.

Kite Like a Man seems like it will be the hardest. Simply for the fact that we don't know what we will have to do. I have to agree with the post above that I'm betting you will have to lure the tank to the original survivors and let them do the dirty work. Similar to killing the tank with melee only, i think this will just be one of those skilled/timed achievements that you make sure that none of the a.i. or other team mates hit the tank - this will most likely have to be done with 4 human controlled players to ensure the achievement will unlock.

I already have a list started (page 122) of players looking to boost online in the trading thread. Check it out if you want to knock these out on thursday!

I also think that the foot locker thing is literally opening up lockers to find a weapons cache. I think this is just a way for them to dress it up rather than have random ammo laying all over the place in game? This is definately going to suck if there's only 5 in the level for the simple fact that if you miss one, you have to start all the over from the 1st stage. Or playing with human controlled players, everyone is going to be achievement hungry at the beginning, no one is going to want to take turns - it'll be frustrating, yet hilarious to see people scramble to get them.

Wedding crasher is going to be a little like the previous charger achievements. I remember a certain somebody on this forum having a hard time getting this achievement - almost to the point of freaking out and crying that they couldnt get it. I see this being a pain again, with the possibility of knocking over 7 chairs or something along those lines. And that thing about people taking turns and boosting - all a matter of achievement hunters being hungry and selfish.

Last edited by LUXB0X; 04-21-2010 at 05:12 AM.
LUXB0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #35
Dr0kz

dr0kz's Gamercard
You can always kill off the AI worked for many of the achievements.

Anyway, most of them look (abit to) easy, wich is probebly a good thing so we can just play the game without having to worry about boosters or raping your own games to get them.

Dr0kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #36
Dumbdumbjr

AloneDumbdumbjr's Gamercard
Awesome man, thanks for the list!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #37
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr0kz View Post
[....]Anyway, most of them look (abit to) easy, wich is probebly a good thing so we can just play the game without having to worry about boosters or raping your own games to get them.
Ha ha ha ha, holy shield, I had never heard anyone said that!

I do agree that it's fortunate that we got enjoyable achievements rather than pulling our hairs out in frustration. Just gotta wait until tomorrow....

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
MadDogChad

MadDogChad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXB0X View Post
Til it goes click sounds like it could be either very simple or a pain in the butt. I could see this glitching a little or being a pain - let's say you kill 24 - i'd be a little frustrated. However, if you look at some of the ingame screen shots, there seems to be alot of zombies just hanging out. So I think this will be alot easier than we think.

Kite Like a Man seems like it will be the hardest. Simply for the fact that we don't know what we will have to do. I have to agree with the post above that I'm betting you will have to lure the tank to the original survivors and let them do the dirty work. Similar to killing the tank with melee only, i think this will just be one of those skilled/timed achievements that you make sure that none of the a.i. or other team mates hit the tank - this will most likely have to be done with 4 human controlled players to ensure the achievement will unlock.
I dunno...Til It Goes Click could go either way - easy with throwing Boomer Bile or iffy like the "Kill x number of infected with one shot from the Grenade Launcher" cheevo was known to be.

Kite Like A Man...I say do it in Versus online or splitscreen, smoke the other Survivors, have a second player as the Tank and just stand there while the original Survivors kill him. In theory...easy enough, but who knows yet.
...there's always ways around L4D cheevos, that's the one thing we all know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXB0X View Post
I already have a list started (page 122) of players looking to boost online in the trading thread. Check it out if you want to knock these out on thursday!
Count me in for this!! I'll go post there, but keep me in mind. I'm getting it as soon as it's available tomorrow.

MadDogChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 AM   #39
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
well its 11:20am on Thursday the 22nd of April and apparenlty the servers are down.. so hopefully they r updating The Passing now and getting it ready for release... so stoked.. will finish up guide very shortly... cheers
Old 04-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #40
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Looking forward to playing it!

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #41
rodieremix

The Rodie Remix's Gamercard
They've posted the achievement points on xbox.com:

TORCH BEARER
Survive The Passing Campaign. 20

WEDDING CRASHER
As the Charger, grab a Survivor and crash them through 8 chairs at the wedding. 30

TIL IT GOES CLICK
Using the M60, kill 25 infected without letting go of the trigger. 20

GRAVE ROBBER
Collect 10 items dropped by a Fallen Survivor. 25

MUTANT OVERLORD
Play 6 Mutations. 30

FORE!
Knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club. 25

KILLING 'EM SWIFTLY TO THIS SONG
Play the new Midnight Riders song on a jukebox. 20

KITE LIKE A MAN
Kill a Tank only with damage from the original Survivors. 30

CACHE GRAB
Open 5 foot lockers. 20

PORT OF SCAVENGE
Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port. 30
Old 04-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #42
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodieremix View Post
They've posted the achievement points on xbox.com:

[....]
Oh shield, I thought the OP would've changed the by now, but surprising he didn't. Gotta PM him quickly.

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 AM   #43
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
i was lookin for them when u posted it...
cheers mate.. ive updated it now...

Last edited by Shaun_26; 04-22-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #44
Krymsyn

Krymsyn's Gamercard
So if mutations is a special rules game changed weekly, does that mean it will take 6 weeks to unlock the achievement? That kinda sucks.
Krymsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #45
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
The Passing is OUT NOW..
here is the link...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...08d4?cid=SLink
Old 04-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #46
Mystery J

NGF MysteryJ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymsyn View Post
So if mutations is a special rules game changed weekly, does that mean it will take 6 weeks to unlock the achievement? That kinda sucks.
that kinda sux no look into the fact that if thats true that means wow i said alot of that... ne ways it would mean we have 4 more other gamemodes/weekly updated types too look forward too either or its starting too look like a great dlc for such a small price kind of shocking if you ask me campaign is gotta be short just seems like theirs gotta be a catch always is with xbox or dlc in that matter even tho valve made sure xbox didnt get their money hungry hands into it 2 much....
Mystery J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #47
Dead Space Girl

Dead Space Girl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krymsyn View Post
I do believe so, I've played four full games and my counter only says 1/6. No worries though, I got time...
has any girls tried messaging any of the champs, getting the belts off them and trading it around? the champs mite listen to a girl asking for the achievement.
Dead Space Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #48
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
I do believe so, I've played four full games and my counter only says 1/6. No worries though, I got time...

yeah i think that is the case..
only went up one so might have to be 6 different mutation game modes..
Old 04-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #49
Dead Space Girl

Dead Space Girl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_26 View Post

yeah i think that is the case..
only went up one so might have to be 6 different mutation game modes..
I'm sure it has to be, I've tried all the variations I could think of and that counter hasn't budged past 1/6.
has any girls tried messaging any of the champs, getting the belts off them and trading it around? the champs mite listen to a girl asking for the achievement.
Dead Space Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #50
KSizzle

KSizzle BW's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl View Post
I'm sure it has to be, I've tried all the variations I could think of and that counter hasn't budged past 1/6.
Same for me. I just finished 3 games of "Mutation" and the counter stays at 1/6 on the main menu achievements option.

If that is the case, I can live with that. I personally can't wait to see what they have planned every week. I am enjoying this DLC so far. The achievements are ridiculously easy. I have the charger one, mutation and the scavenge games left but this is going to be a really fun map for versus mode!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #51
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Mutant Overlord - 30
Play 6 Mutations.

Simply play and finish 6 Mutation games, Easiest done with 2 controllers in a Friends Only Mutations game. You do not have to win just play and finish 6 games of Mutations. Might need to be 6 different Mutations game types.. Meaning 6 weeks...
Still need to do more testing. if anyone has finished 2 games let me know..
I'm the same as a couple above, done a few of them yet it's still at one.
Personally it will kinda annoy me having to do one then wait another week before I can get any more progress on it. Especially when I really want the avatar award for it
Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #52
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:

Killing Them Swiftly To This Song - 20
Play the new Midnight Riders song on a jukebox.

Chapter 2, Underground: As soon as you start and enter the street, walk right to the end where you will find a Bar across from the Dance Club, once you enter on your right in the cornor there is a jukebox which has the Midnight Riders new song. Just press 'X' 3 times to change track and get the achievement.
Just a note, this is located in the "Pool Hall". Not very different, but I was actually looking for a bar, but the sign outside says Pool Hall.

Good guide so far though.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #53
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:

Port of Scavenge - 30
Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port.

Just finish 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port, The Port is a new scavenge stage in "The Passing", You dont have to win the game just finish 5 full games. Must be done in Scavenge or easily earned in SplitScreen with 2 controllers.

Kite Like a Man - 30
Kill a tank only with damage from the original Survivors.

(will update) This looks like it will be the trickest out of "The Passing" not sure how it will be unlocked yet. But my ideas are you wont shoot the tank at all but let the tank chase you so the original survivors can take it out from an above platform or balcony.
For Port of Scavenge, Remember to switch the game to Single rounds in the options to make this go by faster.

Kite like a Man - I got this without even trying. Select Easy difficulty and keep your group of survivors as far away from the original group as possible, collecting the gas cans. When you hear the tank, sometime he will spawn close to you, sometimes he will spawn close to them. If he spawns close to them, they'll kill him without you ever even seeing him.

You should get about 3 tanks during chapter 3, so your bound to get one that they will kill (I got 2).

Hope that helps.

EDIT - sorry for the double post, I didn't refresh and just figured someone else would have posted by now. My bad.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests

Last edited by Filter x360a; 04-22-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #54
Nusentinsaino

Nusentinsaino's Gamercard
What are the avatar awards?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #55
xbfrittsox360

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusentinsaino View Post
What are the avatar awards?
i would LOVE to see a golf club considering it's the new melee weapon. but it might not have any, i'm downloading it now.

xbfrittsox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #56
sketchmode

need 8ppl to help boost the wedding crasher achv. this is the only way that I know to ensure that it unlocks...tired of other comp. controlled infected blowing this one for me send me ur gamertag so that I can add you will be trying for this achievement along with any others from this new DLC tomorrow.
sketchmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #57
Viruss

Venom Weapon X6's Gamercard
If you play a 4 player campaign co-op, and none of the human players shoot the tank in the finale, does it unlock 'KITE LIKE A MAN' for everyone?
Viruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #58
Shaun_26
Banned User

STEALTHSHAUN's Gamercard
yeah im pretty sure it would..
Ive heard the Caches spawn randomly?? have people found them in the same spots as me??? n ive also missed one, does anyone know where it might be so i can put it in the guide.. cheers
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #59
IRA GUNNER AFC

Mars A7X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viruss View Post
If you play a 4 player campaign co-op, and none of the human players shoot the tank in the finale, does it unlock 'KITE LIKE A MAN' for everyone?
Yeah it does just kill the AI if you're playing by yourself and then just let the old survivors do the rest .
Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #60
imatt B4M

imatt B4M's Gamercard
nice guide, the footlocker one I got 3 on part 1 and two on part 2.
imatt B4M is offline   Reply With Quote