PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Conviction
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #31
Tweekfu

tweekfu's Gamercard
Thanks heaps for posting this,
helps alot.

Tweekfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #32
IRA GUNNER AFC

Mars A7X's Gamercard
Thanks dude helped a bunch
Old 04-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #33
codename76

Codename 76's Gamercard
I took your advice and eventually completed all the last stand maps getting 100% on SC: Conviction.

I will say that Banya1 and Embassy 2 were a pain to complete.
codename76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #34
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
i know u can start from wave 15 but if u die say on wave 17 can u retry from wave 17 or do u have to start from 15 again?
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #35
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason g View Post
i know u can start from wave 15 but if u die say on wave 17 can u retry from wave 17 or do u have to start from 15 again?
retry will start you at 17th wave in that case.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #36
Mercurious

vayatae's Gamercard
i think i found a slightly easier way to do Mozook Grounds 1, i started out using the videos strategy and i was always getting detected and killed. i found out that if you hang out on the ledge where the video has you sit the enemies wont attack you unless if you miss a shot or kill one with another right next to him.

so to solve that make sure you aim and if there are more than 2 enemies next to each other use your gadgets to kill them. if you are detected i found that using my emp and killing the enemies that detected me worked pretty well
| Assassin's Creed | Assassin's Creed II | Battlefield Bad Company 2 | Borderlands | Call of Duty 4 | Fable II | Halo 3 | Iron Man | LEGO Star Wars: TCS | Modern Warfare 2 | Mass Effect (1200) | Mass Effect 2 (1055) | Oblivion (1000) | Splinter Cell Conviction | Star Wars TFU (1220) | TMNT | Zoids Assault |

Arcade 100%:
| Aegis Wing | Banjo Kazooie | Banjo Tooie | Dash of Destruction |Fable II Pub Games | The Maw (250) |

Mercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #37
darkSIDEchoes

Send a message via AIM to darkSIDEchoes

darkSIDEchoes's Gamercard
What the fuck!?

I did all of these on Realistic and I didn't get the achievement. I'm fucking pissed.
Bourne Conspiracy, Bioshock, Dead Space, Oblivion, Fallout 3 PC, Silent Hill: HC, Fight Night 3, King Kong, Terminator, Wolverine, Resident Evil 5, Mirror's Edge, Wanted: WoF, Condemned 2, SAW, Resident Evil 5 (PC), Borderlands, Star Wars: TFU, Assassin's Creed II, CoD:MW1/2/WAW Jurassic: TH, Operation Flashpoint: DR, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Sonic's UGC

Dash Of Destruction, Wolf3D, BF:1943, DOOM I/II, DR2:CZ

darkSIDEchoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #38
lboog_081284

Tyger, dude, It's been said multiple times but I can't help if it's true...YOU ARE THE MAN!!! My brother and I have officially 1KD this game because of your vids. Some were helpful, and some we had to improvise alil' bit but without these vids, we would have been lost on this mode and it was a pain to beat this without your vids.

I've helped several people get the Last Man Standing achievement and helped them with your tips on the Last Stand mode and they think I found all this out. I tell them no and that it was because of you, dude. Thanks alot. You have truly helped out alot of people, including my brother and I, who are struggling with this mode.
lboog_081284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #39
DrkStar47

DrkStar47's Gamercard
Nice job yet again. Sweet guide(s). Thanks
DrkStar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #40
Screwface89

just wanted to say thanks to tyger for his awesome guide thanks man much appreciated just maxed the game out and its thanks to these video's that it was possible.

100 % Retail - 36
100 % Arcade - 12
Screwface89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #41
FeJ

FeJ9's Gamercard
Good stuff Tyger!

I was thinking the "last stand master" achievement would be the only one i wouldnt get until i followed your guide, thanks.
FeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #42
aerO^

aaeeroO's Gamercard
Videos are good but tactic on Lumber Mill 3 sucks , anyone have better ? 2 more to go Lumber Mill 3 and Printing Press 1... now i'm going to test your tactic on PP 1 , and thanks for good tactic on mozdok.
aerO^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #43
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Brilliant guide Tyger, as with all the others. I've only done the first 3 levels on Last Stand but finding it fairly easy so far. I struggled a bit with the first one to begin with but once I figured out where the enemies come from, it got much easier.

Out of interest, which Last Stand level does everyone find the hardest to do?

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #44
Salle

Agonys's Gamercard
Damn "Banya 1" was raping me so freaking hard untill I watched these vids, I probably wouldn't have been able to get throu all "Last Stand" maps w/o em. Thank you for these vids!

Oh and on "Lumber Mill 3" I found it to be a real breeze jumping up on the timber to the left of the EMP from where you start (Since I could nade ppl comming from all directions except from the location you start at.. But just play it smart and plant a nade there that you can detonate later for an easy 4-5 kill later when they've stacked up) and if you'r lazy like me then you can turn off the power for the lights in "Yastreb 1" if you go to the other side of the map before going to the train. xD And once again; THANK YOU!
Salle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:54 AM   #45
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Okay so I can't watch YouTube on this tiny iPod so I figured I'd try a Last Stand map on my own. Bad idea. Now I think I need to find the local library to see those vids since work has some weird policy of allowing only certain people Internet access.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #46
D4Ru73K

Send a message via Skype™ to D4Ru73K

D4Ru73K's Gamercard
I've done all Last Stand maps solo, this guide is very good but I've found better place for:

- Lumber Mill 1: I don't know how to say, well I say 'the wooden scaffold' Tyger7 uses first one. Not so bad idea but the second one is better, this one exactly in front of the door where enemy come out. Why I've used this spot? The First one is too close to the EMP and enemy concentrate here so they can easy spot you. Use the second one, is far from the EMP, enemy don't concentrate here, you are safe and still you are in good position to throw granades and take down enemy from the distance.

- Lumber Mill 2: Position on this track from the video is dangerous because you can't shot down the light behind you and you've got small space to move on the track. Use the first track in front of you where you start and also remember about barrels on your right - there are two.

- Lumber Mill 3: This map is funny because you can't stay in one place all the time, you have to run around. Well as Salle said the best spot is timber on the left from the EMP (not this one on the video) but first don't move, shoot the light on the ground behind the EMP, then shoot the light above your head, then move to the left and shoot the light when you see it, then jump up on the timber. Throw granades and when you've got about 10 enemy left jump down and go around to the right exactly this way where you've shooted last light. This way you can get from the back to enemy and easy elieminate them but pay attention and don't rush yourself.

- Printing Press 1: Tyger7 have used the first scaffold, then moved to the second one. The Best idea is, when you start wave just go immediately to the second scaffold. You can eliminate all enemy from this spot and also remember about shoot down the light inside the room.

That's my 5 cent about Last Stand solo and it works.

Last edited by D4Ru73K; 05-10-2010 at 10:21 AM.
D4Ru73K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #47
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

That's me just done Yastreb 1, Modzok 1 and Lumber Mill 1 all using the methods shown in the vids (or slight variants).

Yastreb - if you turn around 180 degrees when you start and run to the back right (where the reddish light is) there's a circuit breaker which you can use to turn off all the lights. The enemies don't turn them back on either. I just sat on top of the train as shown in the vid and didn't have any real problems.

Modzok - This was tricky. By far the hardest one I've done so far. I kept getting detected/killed where the video shows so I laid proximity mines on the path round to the left and then bunkered down in the corner of the ledge just outside the office thing. It was tricky and you do get detected plus get the occaisional frag thrown your way but I was generally able to pick enemies off with the SD3 by popping up, shooting and ducking back down. Enemies gather on the ledge across from you so you can use grenades on them and any you can't get an angle on below.

Lumber Mill 1 - I pretty much stuck to Tyger's method except I moved over to the other end of the stack of logs. I just prefer to be a little bit further away from the bad guys. Staying up there though, I found it pretty easy. Covered my back with proximity mines and if I got surprised, just used the EMP to buy a couple of seconds. Not bad at all.

Great guide Tyger, this is proving a real life saver as it would have taken many, many attempts to find all these sweet positions.

100% Games
Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #48
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
which is the best map to do the waves 1-20 on for the achievement, sounds like it could be hard to do even on rookie as it probably would be hard to stop the emp device being destroyed over 20 waves.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #49
Seddo

SEDD0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
which is the best map to do the waves 1-20 on for the achievement, sounds like it could be hard to do even on rookie as it probably would be hard to stop the emp device being destroyed over 20 waves.
Russian Embassy 1 is probably the easiest and can be done solo but i'd use a co-op partner just in case you do get shot, have you and a mate stand on one of the columns each and shoot the lights out, it's pretty straight forward from there on rookie mode.

These last stand missions are pretty much a walk in the park compared to getting all gold medals on Double Agent's co-op missions .
Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #50
RedDwarfUK

II RedDwarf II's Gamercard
Just out of interest, how do you get the extra gadgets? My uniform has all 9 upgradEs but when I start I only have 1 of each, which makes killing the groups harder
Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #51
Salle

Agonys's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDwarfUK View Post
Just out of interest, how do you get the extra gadgets? My uniform has all 9 upgradEs but when I start I only have 1 of each, which makes killing the groups harder
Well sure you can buy all 9 upgrades but you can only use 3 of them at the same time so if you activate the gadget bags or w/e they're called then you'll end up with alot of nades instead

Most wicked achievement:
Wanted - Grand Theft Auto IV

Salle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #52
RedDwarfUK

II RedDwarf II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salle View Post
Well sure you can buy all 9 upgrades but you can only use 3 of them at the same time so if you activate the gadget bags or w/e they're called then you'll end up with alot of nades instead
Doh! I had purchased every upgrade but didn't realise you could unequip them . Found out just after posting, oh well.

Anyhow, I managed to get to wave 17 on my own but then got owned. Decided to try with a coop mate and couldn't even get past the first wave. I must suck, I really can't do this, it's way too hard the ammount of enemies thy spawn.

I followed the first vid, taking the lights out then going over the railing throwing the nades, etc but solo or coop, I just get owned

any other help, other than stop playing

Edit:
Ahh, just watched the vid and he went below 50% on the EMP. Next round he died and the EMP went back to 100%. Maybe I just need to take my time instead of panicking it going below 50%.

Last edited by RedDwarfUK; 05-17-2010 at 11:46 AM.
RedDwarfUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #53
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

That's me just finished them all on realistic. Most of them were fine but I had a fair bit of trouble with Lumber Mill 3, Embassy 2 and Mozdok Grounds.

Persistence pays off though and eventually you'll find a tactic that works for you. I found the videos worked perfectly for most levels and with a little bit of variation for others.

Again, great job on the guide Tyger, couldn't have done it without you!

100% Games
Old 05-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #54
I GameMaster l

I GameMaster l's Gamercard
thanks for the video guide mate, it helped me a lot in a couple of levels
- DoA 5..................(720/1000)
- Mass Effect..........(920/1200)
- GTA 4..................(875/1500)
- SSF4...................(930/1160)
- Street Fighter 4.....(850/1000)
- GoW 3.................(1900/2000)
I GameMaster l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #55
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDwarfUK View Post
Edit:
Ahh, just watched the vid and he went below 50% on the EMP. Next round he died and the EMP went back to 100%. Maybe I just need to take my time instead of panicking it going below 50%.
Yeah you just have to take your time Every death is a fresh restart.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #56
Gooner5

gooner5's Gamercard
Thanks this was really helpful
Gooner5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #57
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thanks for the vids. Managed to complete Printing Press (last one I needed) using this method, surprised how easy it was actually.

Had help with the other 9 maps, so they weren't so bad. Was dreading the thought of maybe having to do the whole lot solo lol, glad it didn't happen.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #58
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Majica I do hope you're going to be kind enough to return the favour as I still need the Last Stand achievements. XP
Old 05-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #59
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Majica I do hope you're going to be kind enough to return the favour as I still need the Last Stand achievements. XP
Haha. I certainly will
I really do suggest doing Printing Press solo though, it's a lot easier.
I'll be online this evening if you want to attempt any you still need.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #60
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Yeah I'm gonna give them a shot in a while after I've found the time to watch all the vids.
Then after that I'll just need your help doing the Last Stand Co-op achievement and Last Man Standing - both of which I guess we'll manage in one match if we're lucky.
Of course things would be a lot easier if you had a mic. That way you could tell me you're about to drop chandeliers, hahaha.

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 05-29-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote