PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Conviction
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #61
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Yeah I'm gonna give them a shot in a while after I've found the time to watch all the vids.
Then after that I'll just need your help doing the Last Stand Co-op achievement and Last Man Standing - both of which I guess we'll manage in one match if we're lucky.
That'll be easy. Russian Embassy on Rookie, can't fail.
Quote:
Of course things would be a lot easier if you had a mic. That way you could tell me you're about to drop chandeliers, hahaha.
haha no kidding. That was funny though XD
I went to a shop today, but they didn't have any in stock -__- If I get chance I'll go into town tomorrow to get one.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #62
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

It sure was. I just heard the glass shatter and that small creaking noise and thought "She hasn't... has she?!" *CRASH* *DEATH* "...yep, she has!" I dunno if you noticed but I tried in vain to turn 180 but it was too late. I think the best part was when you came over to revive me too, haha.

Good luck on getting a headset! It's been a nice challenge not being able to communicate but I think we could do with it. Also, after getting matched with a ten year old the other day I could really do with hearing a sensible voice in-game. Kid thought that if you pressed A while in chokehold that you could also kill the enemy so told me not to free him. So I let him go ahead then he complained that he got shot and killed...

Anyway. I just need those two Stand achievements and then Face-Off too so do you fancy some adversarial games afterwards too?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:01 AM   #63
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
It sure was. I just heard the glass shatter and that small creaking noise and thought "She hasn't... has she?!" *CRASH* *DEATH* "...yep, she has!" I dunno if you noticed but I tried in vain to turn 180 but it was too late. I think the best part was when you came over to revive me too, haha.
haha. I assumed you would just be "downed" after and I'd be able to revive you. Guess it's punishment for being so stupid >_< XD
Quote:
Good luck on getting a headset! It's been a nice challenge not being able to communicate but I think we could do with it. Also, after getting matched with a ten year old the other day I could really do with hearing a sensible voice in-game. Kid thought that if you pressed A while in chokehold that you could also kill the enemy so told me not to free him. So I let him go ahead then he complained that he got shot and killed...
That's why I try to stay away from matchmaking. Kids and/or people who treat it like CoD are too annoying.
Quote:
Anyway. I just need those two Stand achievements and then Face-Off too so do you fancy some adversarial games afterwards too?
Yeah that'll be fine. I've not played Face-off much, I prefer co-op to player V player.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #64
Rapturous Rich

Thanks for the guide Tyger. I have no idea how I would've beaten some of these otherwise.
Just now took Printing Press by storm following your vids and earned my 70GS for Last Stand completion.
Thanks!

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 05-30-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #65
Jez360

Jez360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fear30x View Post
all below confirmed

Reminder:10 total maps

to play in Last Stand Mode

Last Stand {requires co-op waves 15-20)
Complete any 1 map in "Last Stand" game mode in co-op
The stickied achievement guide says this won't work and you have to start at wave 1 and go all the way to 20. I started at 1 and gave up after 13 as I was bored out of my mind since I was doing it by myself (with my split screen partner staying in shadows).

Before I do this all over again can anyone confirm that I only need waves 15-20 and if so why the person writing the guide did not get the achievement for doing so?
Jez360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #66
Rapturous Rich

Jez. I got this achievement today and I can confirm that starting at round 15 works just fine.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #67
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Jez. I got this achievement today and I can confirm that starting at round 15 works just fine.
Same. All my Last Stand games started on Wave 15 and got the cheevo after I finished the last one on realistic.

1000G/100%
Old 06-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #68
kentb79

ImProba1yDrunk's Gamercard
Can anyone confirm if starting on wave 15 still works after the DLC update? Thanks.
kentb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #69
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentb79 View Post
Can anyone confirm if starting on wave 15 still works after the DLC update? Thanks.
They intended you to be able to get each done doing waves 15-20, so they won't be patching it. Refer to the wording they use for the Last Man Standing achievement when they say "Waves 1-20" specifically, but not for just doing the levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez360 View Post
The stickied achievement guide says this won't work and you have to start at wave 1 and go all the way to 20. I started at 1 and gave up after 13 as I was bored out of my mind since I was doing it by myself (with my split screen partner staying in shadows).

Before I do this all over again can anyone confirm that I only need waves 15-20 and if so why the person writing the guide did not get the achievement for doing so?
You are mixing up the achievements and thinking of Last Man Standing!

Last Stand Master - Complete all maps in "Last Stand" game mode on Realistic difficulty.

This achievement can be done starting at waves 15, like stated in the guide.

Last Man Standing - In "Last Stand", survive all enemy waves of any map in one session without failing on any difficulty.

This one saves all waves, so you must do 1-20.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #70
childofrock

Childofrock's Gamercard
Hey loved your guide for these! Helped a ton...only thing is i've done all ten maps on realistic...waves 15 through 20....and my cheevo didn't pop. Any idea anyone why this is?
childofrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:23 AM   #71
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
ok dudes i just tried to play last stand though xboxlive player match and it will only let me start from wave 1 whys that ? grinding sucks
Old 07-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #72
TS Ghost

TS Ghost's Gamercard
I think Last Stand Master glitched on me, twice. First, it says I beat all the maps on Last Stand on Realistic(except the DLC maps). Second, I deleted the DLC to see if the Achievement would pop. It didn't. So now it says I beat all maps on realistic, which I didn't, but it didn't give me the Achievement.

Any ideas? I have all other achievements, should I delete my save and actually play Last Stand on Realistic?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:04 AM   #73
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Are you guys sure you've been scrolling all the way down? That seemed to have been the common problem for people, was they were mistaken and had only beaten the levels they could see.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #74
TS Ghost

TS Ghost's Gamercard
I am sure. One day, I turned on my system and automatically got several Achievements including, but not limited to, beating single player on Realistic(which I hadn't even started at the time), beat all maps in Hunter on Realistic(which I didn't, only the DLC), and complete all maps in Face-Off(which I didn't).

So now, Last Stand is glitched. It says I've beat all of the original maps on Realistic(which I haven't, only the first one), and only one of the DLC maps which I actually did.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #75
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Ghost View Post
I am sure. One day, I turned on my system and automatically got several Achievements including, but not limited to, beating single player on Realistic(which I hadn't even started at the time), beat all maps in Hunter on Realistic(which I didn't, only the DLC), and complete all maps in Face-Off(which I didn't).

So now, Last Stand is glitched. It says I've beat all of the original maps on Realistic(which I haven't, only the first one), and only one of the DLC maps which I actually did.

You may have to clear your cache and play offline (all over again). Try making a new save too if you have a memory card just in case.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #76
TS Ghost

TS Ghost's Gamercard
Thanks, will try that. Is there any word on Ubi patching this?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:18 AM   #77
RebelRaider3

Rebel Raider3's Gamercard
Would you say that i would be best to try and have as many players possible with you?
RebelRaider3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #78
sledge

True North's Gamercard
Great guide, will have to try this out later.
sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #79
ReverendHavoc

Reverend Havok's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. I can say now, that I am four achievements further!

I would add, that on Mozdok Grounds, I found it to be easier standing inside the computer room. There is a lot more shade, and works better if you need to pick up a downed partner.
ReverendHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #80
DosuKinuta13

DosuKinuta13's Gamercard
I wish i would have seen this guide earlier. Me and my friend have been slowly working on these last stand maps about 2-3 of them a day. We have 3 left to do starting from wave 1-20. Takes almost an hour to do 1 of them all the way through. We've beaten two maps without having to retry, but being able to start from wave 15 will be SO much simplier. Thanks a bunch for the guide
DosuKinuta13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #81
Premerium

Premerium's Gamercard
Great guide, should help alot people, imo mozdok grounds was the hardest
Premerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #82
dmapr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premerium View Post
Great guide, should help alot people, imo mozdok grounds was the hardest
Yep, definitely the hardest as the enemies weren't bunching up enough to make grenades and remote mines effective.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #83
bulock3

Frogpunch1970's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide
bulock3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:37 AM   #84
alphak

I don't have the DLC and I've finished all maps (15-20) on Realistic, plus one map 1-20 -- that achievement popped, but both the "finish all maps" ones won't. Aside from clearing my TU and doing something in offline to trigger it what's a solution here? (and yes, I scrolled down - I've got them all done.)
alphak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #85
asdfen

1. than you for vids. they helped

2. I just inished the maps ans achievement poped. look if you have finished them all on realistic.
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #86
darkeratreyu

Send a message via AIM to darkeratreyu

darker switch's Gamercard
tyger, you make the best guides man
darkeratreyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #87
LUCKY 40

Send a message via MSN to LUCKY 40

lucky 40's Gamercard
Awesome guide thanks for the help!
LUCKY 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #88
Old Scratch

old scratchy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaicoWin View Post
Isn't the EMP supposed to recharge after ever wave? It stopped recharging after wave 12 for me, and I'm trying to do that lame ass Last Man Standing achievement on rookie. WTF?
The EMP only resets to a certain point, so if it's damaged to 99-51 it should return to 100 when the next wave starts. If the enemies damage it down below 50 then it will only reset to 50. There's another recharge marker at 25 but unless you're on the final wave saving that EMP will be tough.

If you aren't trying for the last man standing achievement let yourself be killed and you'll start on the same wave you died on with an EMP at 100 and full equipment
Old Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #89
d0nkeytr0n

d0nkeytr0n's Gamercard
great guide....I did all the DLC achievements, just working on Last Stand Master (solo) and then I'll do the Perfect Hunter achievement with a friend.....your guide was more than a help along the way
Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #90
armylifer94

whiskeycharlie's Gamercard
Nice guide bro', it helped me finish off SCC for the 100%. BTW, it's not the first time I've used your guides to acquire Achevo's, Thanks for your work.
armylifer94 is offline   Reply With Quote