PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Armored Core 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #31
Carlillo78

Hey guys!!! Really need help is the "Line Of defense" mission on hard. Sir Morescu......I can't seem to beat him AND the fortress. The problem is that the Fortress shoots from outside of the Mission space and I can't reach him. On top of that, Sir Morescu Does not Miss a shot. What strategy to use and what weapons to use? Also, any tips on the "Seed a Barren Earth" Mission on hard. That's a though one.
Thanks for the Help!!!!!!!!
Carlillo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #32
Fuu Phoenix

Fuu Phoenix's Gamercard
OK, I'm at screaming point on firefly on hard. The first fortress is a cakewalk, but the last three rip me apart... the most I've managed to get (with luck) is two of them. If I try the flying blade method, I get ripped up, if i try with kojima cannons, they won't lock on till I'm about 300 units away, which means I'm dodging laser and missiles and I get ripped apart anyway. and the darkness means I can't manually aim the cannons. (its Doom 3 all over again... advanced futuristic mecha death weapon with no IR or Lowlight vision modes... and there's a full bloody moon too, so 'its too dark' just does NOT cut it.)
Fuu Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #33
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuu Phoenix View Post
OK, I'm at screaming point on firefly on hard. The first fortress is a cakewalk, but the last three rip me apart... the most I've managed to get (with luck) is two of them. If I try the flying blade method, I get ripped up, if i try with kojima cannons, they won't lock on till I'm about 300 units away, which means I'm dodging laser and missiles and I get ripped apart anyway. and the darkness means I can't manually aim the cannons. (its Doom 3 all over again... advanced futuristic mecha death weapon with no IR or Lowlight vision modes... and there's a full bloody moon too, so 'its too dark' just does NOT cut it.)
I used a single moonlight blade setup, geared toward keeping my energy for maneuvering. Slice at the back or top of the fortresses where they have no guns. Practice on the initial fortress to get some techniqe of getting into a position to slice them. If you take a hit from the first fortress, you can probably forget about that run. You can also try adjusting your tv settings to decrease the contrast and lighten up the screen. Keep at it, you'll get lucky on a try and nail it. Personally, the kojima cannons were utter fail for me.

Have you done Ascend yet? That one is a beast too. Three fortresses while ground based cannons shred you.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #34
Fuu Phoenix

Fuu Phoenix's Gamercard
Yeah, did ascend with kojima cannons and motocobras, though it was rather tight on the time I did it (5000 ap left, with one wounded fermi and no cannon shots left... had to nibble the last one to death with the cobras and hope it didn't nuke me... I got lucky)

Last edited by Fuu Phoenix; 07-31-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I DID IT!
Fuu Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #35
I B1GJo3 I

i b1gjo3 i's Gamercard
I'm not sure if anybody still reads this thread but i'll try anyway. Swarm of red eyes mission is giving me trouble to get the S on hard. I noticed that if you take any damage from the normals it pretty much means your screwed on getting S. So I want to know how other people did it.
I B1GJo3 I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #36
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I B1GJo3 I View Post
I'm not sure if anybody still reads this thread but i'll try anyway. Swarm of red eyes mission is giving me trouble to get the S on hard. I noticed that if you take any damage from the normals it pretty much means your screwed on getting S. So I want to know how other people did it.
Were you able to get this one? It will take me a while to get to running this mission as I have RL commitments already. I think I just used the guide's recommended NEXT. You can try using ogotos and laser rifles if I am thinking of the correct mission.

This is the one that you need to prevent a base from being bombed by a swarm? Something else you can try is changing your NEXT parts to lower your AP (if that is a score criteria).
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #37
I B1GJo3 I

i b1gjo3 i's Gamercard
That worked thanks just got 1000! That was a confusing misson for me cause even with an A rank I would get negative money, so I thought that would mean I'm nowhere close to beating it. But even with an S rank I got negative money so I should have disregarded that thought from the beggining.
I B1GJo3 I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #38
Fullmechafox

Fullmechafox's Gamercard
Any tips on icebreaker defence on hard? D:
Fullmechafox is offline   Reply With Quote