PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead 2 > The Passing
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Left 4 Dead 2:
The Passing Achievement Guide

COPYRIGHT/RIGHTS OF USE:
This guide may not be used without written permission by either the author or website admins. This guide has been put together for x360a and should not be used without permission.

FRIEND REQUESTS/MESSAGES
I do not accept random friend requests. If you have any questions I am happy to answer them. I don't spend enough time online to boost most games. Normally most guides i write i will have either, rented, traded or sold the game you want help on. Please do not send me random requests as they will just be denied.

Overview:

+ Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
+ Offline: 9 (220 )
+ Online: 1 (30 )
+ Approximate time: 2 hours (Mutant Overlord requires you to play a new game mode each week, for six weeks)
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
+ Missable achievements: 0
+ Does difficulty affect Achievements? no
+ Unobtainable achievements: 0
+ Extra equipment needed?: None
+ Avatar Awards: 2
+ Cheats: 0

Introduction:
You won't have to put as much effort into this set of achievements that you may have done with other Left 4 Dead achievements in the past. Most of them you will unlock by the end of the first playthrough, others you will have to replay section of the campaign to earn. This new addition is perfect for any Left 4 Dead fan as you will get what you expect to pay for. the campaign is a fair length and various updates to the Director and game modes provide plenty of extra game time.

The difficulty has changed slightly with the new addition of AI special infected in Verses. If you join any game mode with an uneven team, the AI will fill the extra spaces until someone else joins to take their place.

Breakdown:
All but one achievement can be earned in single player, or within split screen with two controllers.

First Playthrough:
You will earn the bulk of the achievements running through the game the first time. You will need go play through the levels several times by selecting them from lobby. There are no missable achievements, though there are one or two tricky ones which will require you to try several times to complete.

Mutation:
This is a new game mode which involves you playing the same game modes but with different rules. Each week Valve will update and release a new set of rules for you to play. This will span over 6 weeks. You don't need to play the full game you join but you may enjoy the experience they are offering.

Conclusion:
Overall this set of achievements isn't too difficult apart from "Wedding Crasher" and the time consuming "Mutant Overlord". If spend the extra time of have a group of friends to enjoy this with, you will find yourself playing through several times.

TORCH BEARER - 20
Survive The Passing Campaign.

This is a story related achievement and will unlock once you complete The Passing.
  1. Riverbank
  2. Underground
  3. Port
Complete the above three parts of the campaign and the achievement will unlock at the end. You must play through from start to finish for this to unlock.

WEDDING CRASHER - 30
As the Charger, grab a Survivor and crash them through 8 chairs at the wedding.

Note: This achievement may not unlock on the first several attempt. I have tried and succeeded this several times without the achievement unlocking.

Once you get to the wedding reception in Riverbank you will see several rows of plastic chairs. Your goal will be to spawn as the Charger and run through eight chairs with a survivor in hand. This is the hardest achievement to pull of within the DLC so a lot of patience is required.

If you are playing with friends, have them stand in front of the chairs and charge at them. If you want to attempt this on your own with two controllers, you can with great difficulty. Set up the survivors in front of the chairs and then use the target controller account to earn the achievement by charging one of the survivors though the chairs.

Make sure you line up with the row of chairs on the ground and not the stack of chairs to the left. Charging into the stack of chairs won't earn you the achievement as they're just static objects.

This can be done in any of the team based game modes. The method in the video below is using Scavenge Mode as you start close to the wedding reception. You can call a vote until your main account starts as the Charger. If you do attempt this in Scavenge make sure you collect a gas can just in case you run into overtime.

TIL IT GOES CLICK - 20
Using the M60, kill 25 infected without letting go of the trigger.

This can be done in any game mode, though survival is the easiest. Start a survival match on the Port, you can do this by yourself with just the AI. Run across to the bar from the generator and pick up the M60, return back to where you started and pick up a pipe bomb. Alert the horde and throw the pipe bomb in their direction. You need to be quick, so once throw the pipe bomb change over to the M60 and kill all the infected and.

If you don't manage to kill enough in one go, but still have ammo don't let go of the trigger. Keep firing at the rest of the infected around you until the achievement unlocks. If you don't succeed call a vote and try again.

GRAVE ROBBER - 25
Collect 10 items dropped by a Fallen Survivor.

This new infected is fairly easy to spot, they will always carry a first aid kit on their back and be wearing a fishing hat. Once you do spot one be quick to kill them. If you don't he will run off and take his item with him. Once you do kill him, you will be able to pick up all three of his items. If you have other items, use them and then pick up the replacements. You don't need to directly kill these infected, but you do need to pick up their items.

MUTANT OVERLORD - 30
Play 6 Mutations.

Mutations is a new game mode where regular games will be altered from their previous rules. This game mode will be updated weekly by the developers so you will need to play at least one game a week through the Mutations option every week for six weeks.

Complete six of these game alterations and the achievement will unlock.

This game mode will be updated every Friday of each week. Make sure you check the blog posts on the title screen on a regular basis to keep up to date with the current Mutation game alternations.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 05-01-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
FORE! - 25
Knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club.

You will find this new melee weapon either at the start of the passing on the ground, or as you make your way through the campaign. Once you do pick the golf club up, start attacking the infected and aim for the head. Once you have decapitated 18 infected the achievement will unlock.

This weapon spawns randomly so there there are no set amount of locations you may find this weapon.

KILLING 'EM SWIFTLY TO THIS SONG - 20
Play the new Midnight Riders song on a jukebox.

On the "Underground" you will find a pool hall and bar at the end of the street on the left hand site, before you jump down into the excavated road. Enter the building through the window just before the excavation zone and look to your right. You will find a jukebox, press to interact with the jukebox and change through the songs. Pick a song, then wait a few seconds for it to play. If the achievement doesn't unlock keep cycling the songs until the new Midnight Riders song plays.

KITE LIKE A MAN - 30
Kill a Tank only with damage from the original Survivors.

This is fairly straightforward, load the Port and collect three gas cans. Doing this will trigger the tank to spawn. If you are playing with friends make sure no one fires at the tank. Head back towards the bridge and allow the other survivors to kill the tank for you.

Two Controller Method
If you are doing this on your own, this will be a little harder to do but you will get the same results. Load up a single player campaign with two controllers. Once you start the level change the difficulty to expert and kill the two AI survivors (make sure you change the difficulty back to easy after you kill the AI).

Move both players down to the bridge and decide which one you want to use to collect the gas cans. Collect three gas cans and the tank will spawn. Once he spawns make your way back to the bridge and allow the survivors to kill the tank for you.

With this method you need to keep the second controller active. Make sure this account go idle as the AI will shoot the tank. Wedging something under the so the player keeps moving seems to work best.

CACHE GRAB - 20
Open 5 foot lockers.

Footlockers are large crates full with various alternative weapons. You will find these hidden throughout the campaign. They appear randomly so check every room and location. You won't find any of these crates in the Finale so you will need to scour high and low on the first two levels. The stats for these crates carry over between playthroughs so you can either keep reloading sections or play though the campaign several times.

Find five of these footlockers to unlock the achievement.

PORT OF SCAVENGE - 30
Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port.

You can either do this at your own pace online or with a second controller. Select Scavenge and then play with friends. While the game is searching press to create a lobby, then start the game with a single round.

Once you start playing you can just sit and let the timer run out. Make sure you move out of the safe zone to start the timer. You don't need to win to unlock this achievement, you just have to take part in five games from start to finish.

If you set more than one round you will have to play through however many rounds for it to count as a single game.

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 04-24-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #3
Infomouse

Infomouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great guide for sure man!
Is there a specific location that's good to find the Fallen Survivors, I can't seem to find more than around 2 per playthrough?

"This was a triumph"
Infomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomouse View Post
Great guide for sure man!
Is there a specific location that's good to find the Fallen Survivors, I can't seem to find more than around 2 per playthrough?
They are fairly random. Seeing as they run off when you shoot them it can be a little difficult tracking them down.

The best thing to do is just make sure you pick up all the items they drop so you don't have to keep killing so many.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
TESTUBE BABY 82
Banned User

TESTUBE BABY 82's Gamercard
ya good guide man.they are not as hard as the dlc for left for dead 1.mutations will be a long one
TESTUBE BABY 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
amacteur
Graphics Team

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Just a quick question:

+ Offline: 9 (220 )
+ Online: 1 (30 )

The 10 cheevos can be unlocked offline, don't they?

Great and awesome guide BTW.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Nice guide, but personally I don't think it fair to sticky your guide when someone else has made one just because you can. Guides that get a sticky are the ones that get added to the site and only get it after being added.

It'd be different if it was the only one up, but your basically shooting down the other guys guide which he (guessing) worked pretty hard on and drawing more attention to your own.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
I stickied it, not Fizz so blame me

Sticking this one is not a hit on Shaun's guide at all. This one just has more detail. I'm sure if Shaun submits his, we'll look at it and combine anything he says that this guide doesn't and credit him for his work.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
TartanSpartan17

TartanSpartan17's Gamercard
Good guide man! Cheers.
TartanSpartan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
Sirius

Sirius x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Good guide as usual, Fizz.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Nice guide the wedding crasher achievement was hard but i finally got it.

Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #12
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
Nice guide, but personally I don't think it fair to sticky your guide when someone else has made one just because you can. Guides that get a sticky are the ones that get added to the site and only get it after being added.
Not all the stuck guides go on the site to be fair. I can think of about 10 guides which are stuck around the forums but aren't on the main site for various reason.

Anyhow, this guide now have all the videos added.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
Rotator

Rotator's Gamercard
Til it goes click!

Til it goes click! can be done easily in singleplayer too. Just load up chapter 2 (Underground) on Normal and look around for the M60. Once you got it, switch to your secondary and keep the M60 fully loaded until you reach the part where you have to run towards the safe room, through the sewers.

After the two gates, you have to open, you will come to a tunnel. Switch to your M60 and just keep running through the tunnel, shooting blindly.

The AI will lag behind, giving you all the kills. There are more than enough infected and the aim assist will help you plow right through.

I unlocked this achievement on the first attempt with 57 bullets left in the gun...
Rotator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
SonicDPsycho

SonicDPsycho's Gamercard
For Wedding Crasher, once the chairs have been shot, blown up, charged, etc, they become intangible, i.e. you clip through them; therefore, they won't be valid for the achievement. This is why this achievement is so troublesome.

Til It Goes Click!: To add to your original strategy, in the top floor of the bar there's a bile jar on a pool table. This could be more helpful than a pipe bomb since its duration is longer and it doesn't kill common.

Last edited by SonicDPsycho; 04-23-2010 at 09:10 PM.
SonicDPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
Not all the stuck guides go on the site to be fair. I can think of about 10 guides which are stuck around the forums but aren't on the main site for various reason.
I just think this is a sure fire way to stop someone else from continuing to work on their guide.

I mean, If I saw a staff member made a guide after I did and it had a sticky on it within a few hours of being made (give or take...not picking hairs here) I think that would be pretty discouraging for me as a first time guide writer.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. Obviously, the better guide goes on the site for everyone - and that's what we want, the best content available to the public. You've just had a lot more experience with guides on this site (hence the guide team) so I think people would just step down and/or be intimidated when seeing something like this.

Either way, the content is good and the guide is great. I just think maybe helping people make their guides better then writing your own might be a bit more encouraging to members. Not trying to start a fight or anything though.

But, C'est la vie.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests

Last edited by Filter x360a; 04-23-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #16
a blind beggar

a blind beggar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
another easy way to get kite like a man is to collect all gas cans,travel down the bridge towards the car,switch to expert(with all AI obviously),kill your teammates,switch back to easy and just wait there,killing zombies that run to you.the tank shouldn't make it down but if it does just run back up to where the originals are and they'll take it down in no time
Old 04-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #17
jai92

jai92's Gamercard
Brilliant guide mate, it really aided me in getting the Wedding Crasher achievement!

'Til It Goes Click tip! : right before you go into the water bit under the river, a load of zombies will try to rush you, so as you drop down, before the AI get a chance to lock on just keep your finger on the right trigger firing at all the zombies that run at you...

Hope it helps!!! ^_^

Last edited by jai92; 04-23-2010 at 11:51 PM.
jai92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #18
OldSkewlPantz

OldSkewlPantz's Gamercard
Also, the achievement "Killing Them Swiftly..." can be done in the bar across the street from the generator on "The Port"

i think to get the "Mutant Overlord" achievement you have to be logged in to play the new mutation game every week

Last edited by Method; 04-24-2010 at 03:27 AM.
OldSkewlPantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
Br0kenAssass1n

br0kenassass1n's Gamercard
Grave Robber

"You don't need to directly kill these infected, but you do need to pick up their items."

I don't know whether it's different for Live games, but when playing in Splitscreen with my girlfriend, she picked 7 items up, and I picked 3... Resulting us both getting the achievement at the same time. So with Splitscreen in mind, that's wrong, but like I said, I don't know whether it's different for Live games.

Lifetime fan of Sarcasm

Trolling is an artform.
Br0kenAssass1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #20
Chathams Finest

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Great videos
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
N3xus Gam3r

Send a message via Skype™ to N3xus Gam3r

Noxington's Gamercard

nice guide
got kite like a man without even notice it
Old 04-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #22
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Man, that Mutant Overload cheeve is a joke. What they're saying, is you either buy the DLC NOW, and play EVERY week, or you'll never 100% the game?

That's how it reads anyway.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #23
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Nice guide, didn't even notice a sub forum, lol!

But about "Wedding Crasher" isn't it those two rows of chairs in the 2nd part of the 3rd chapter? ('cause your decription said ground, so it can be smashed through both columns?)

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #24
TheMajinLegend

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thumbs up

Now only waiting on MUTANT OVERLORD. Great guide man, Thank you managed all of them solo.
TheMajinLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #25
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedChuva View Post
Man, that Mutant Overload cheeve is a joke. What they're saying, is you either buy the DLC NOW, and play EVERY week, or you'll never 100% the game?

That's how it reads anyway.

No. There are at least 20 mutations already planned, and I dare say there will be further additions when they are done cycling through those 20. Also the blog says that there will be a monthly vote on the best mutation and the winner will be put back in rotation, so you will always be able to get the achievement no matter when you buy it, but it will always take you 6 weeks. Or 5 weeks or whatever it is.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Great guide as allways Fiz, but I have a question. Do I have to play Mutations 6 weeks in a row to get the achievement? or is it oevrall? and will there be more tha 6 Mutations? Thanks.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #27
hurkyharry

hurkyharry's Gamercard
here is the picture of the MUTANT OVERLORD achievement.

14 feb 2009 - 15sep 2010

Achievement help needed for: G.R.A.W. , Saints Row 1, SS:TSE HD
hurkyharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
Gothikaspawn

gothikaspawn's Gamercard
I've tried finding the M60 in the video over 10 times now and it hasn't spawned once anyone else having this problem? And i only find it about 1 in 3 tries in campaign
Gothikaspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #29
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurkyharry View Post
here is the picture of the MUTANT OVERLORD achievement.
For future reference, we only like to use xbox.com images or images hosted by the site for the tiles. Reason being that we know those images won't be taken down and thus leave broken pictures in the guide. Thanks for trying to help though.

Fizz, I added the last pic in there for you

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #30
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Great guide as allways Fiz, but I have a question. Do I have to play Mutations 6 weeks in a row to get the achievement? or is it oevrall? and will there be more tha 6 Mutations? Thanks.
You have to play one mutation game every week when they change on a Friday. They will be randomly selected from a huge list of mutations and will keep going as long as Valve decide to support the feature for. Either that or it will be automatically changed by their servers.

So i'm guessing as it logs one game per play i think it's just 6 in total.

You can't miss the achievement, you just have to play once a week for a few minutes once the mutation has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothikaspawn View Post
I've tried finding the M60 in the video over 10 times now and it hasn't spawned once anyone else having this problem? And i only find it about 1 in 3 tries in campaign
The M60 spawns randomly through the campaign, that's why the suggested method in the guide tells you to use survival. It will always be in the same place regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
For future reference, we only like to use xbox.com images or images hosted by the site for the tiles. Reason being that we know those images won't be taken down and thus leave broken pictures in the guide. Thanks for trying to help though.

Fizz, I added the last pic in there for you
Thanks for the addition .

Last edited by Fizzmatix; 04-25-2010 at 05:41 PM.