PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Guitar Hero II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #61
codedigital

Send a message via AIM to codedigital

Code x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_dog View Post
I graduated from OSU, I live in Zanesville, about 45 min East on 70.

That's awesome...used to go over there quite a bit. I know a few people over there too. They're involved with your news outlet.
codedigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:54 AM   #62
Mike999

Mike9991's Gamercard
good post dood.

I cannot bring myself to play a lot anymore. Ive spent forever on the PS2 with this and GH1, 5*ing it all completely, but I bought the 360 version, ripped through hard with my brother to get it done, but for the life of me I cannot trudge through to get all the achievements. I'm halfway through easy now, and dread playing again on medium and expert.
Mike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:34 AM   #63
nascarfan38124

NascarFan38124's Gamercard
i have a question about the 5 star on every song does that achievement also include the extra songs or just the regular ones to be 5 star

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun
DW: Gundam

lol very old ^^
nascarfan38124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #64
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

KoaBD Arizonas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Doom Tournament - 1st Place
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yea it's only the regular ones.

Check out my movie reviews! http://www.tumblr.com/blog/joehawleywood

Illution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #65
nascarfan38124

ok good and also i found a good site to help make the guide/use until the guide is finished

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/932565/46589

that is a link to a guide to the ps2 version so it has the 5 star cut off for most of the songs like institutionalized and pychobilly freakout ect. so anyone wanting the cut offs for hard and medium here they are just be sure to read the key to what all the numbers mean right above the list of songs

i dont know if this list is correct compleatly yet because i only need it for 3 songs and i was under for those three only

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun

lol very old ^^
Old 04-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #66
nascarfan38124

Also one more thing i had an idea on how to buy everything in medium mode.

normally if you 5 star everysong in medium you will not get enough money but if you create multiple band names (save files) then you can buy one catagory of the stuff one at a time have one band buy the guitars/finishes another the characters/outfits and another buy the songs and the vids that way you never have to play hard

just for those biginners out there (like me =D)

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun

lol very old ^^
Old 04-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #67
Davey_Pitch

DaveyPitch's Gamercard
For the 300k score I'd recommend doing Freebird on Medium difficulty, with a bit of practise you could hit 350k+ every single time, and possibly get the 1000 note streak at the same time as well.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #68
PaleGringo

Send a message via AIM to PaleGringo Send a message via MSN to PaleGringo Send a message via Yahoo to PaleGringo

PaleGringo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
K, as a note, you're missing at least one song. The one I caught was in section 5, "Tattooed Love Boys." The five star score on Easy is somewhere between 52607 (a 4 star rating) and 86,973 (perfect rating I just got.)

Not very helpful, but hey, it may be needed some day.

PaleGringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #69
k_dog

Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleGringo View Post
K, as a note, you're missing at least one song. The one I caught was in section 5, "Tattooed Love Boys." The five star score on Easy is somewhere between 52607 (a 4 star rating) and 86,973 (perfect rating I just got.)

Not very helpful, but hey, it may be needed some day.
Yeah, the song list is in the wrong order, I will be fixing this
k_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #70
PaleGringo

Send a message via AIM to PaleGringo Send a message via MSN to PaleGringo Send a message via Yahoo to PaleGringo

PaleGringo's Gamercard

Caught another one, K. On set 7, "Furious Fretwork," the song "The Trooper" is missing (should be second). A 5-star rating on it for Easy is somewhere between 96,648 (a 4-star rating) and 107,629 (5-star).

Old 04-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #71
k_dog

Send a message via AIM to k_dog Send a message via MSN to k_dog Send a message via Yahoo to k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Yeah, the song list is in the wrong order, I will be fixing this
Read mate...
Old 04-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #72
PaleGringo

PaleGringo's Gamercard

Quote:
Read mate...
I did "read" that, but what I'm telling you about is an omission, not a misplacement. The Search tool for these forums rarely works for crap (at least for me), but I did a browser find for "The Trooper" and the only instance I get is what I posted above on this page.

I appreciate your stepping up and doing the work on this thread, but if you don't want support or would prefer it in PM form instead of a post, say so.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #73
k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleGringo View Post
I did "read" that, but what I'm telling you about is an omission, not a misplacement. The Search tool for these forums rarely works for crap (at least for me), but I did a browser find for "The Trooper" and the only instance I get is what I posted above on this page.

I appreciate your stepping up and doing the work on this thread, but if you don't want support or would prefer it in PM form instead of a post, say so.
lol, it's ok, I just have to post the new list and recompile the data from each song.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:49 AM   #74
AlmostAkill

AlmostAkill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarfan38124 View Post
Also one more thing i had an idea on how to buy everything in medium mode.

normally if you 5 star everysong in medium you will not get enough money but if you create multiple band names (save files) then you can buy one catagory of the stuff one at a time have one band buy the guitars/finishes another the characters/outfits and another buy the songs and the vids that way you never have to play hard

just for those biginners out there (like me =D)
i was wondering how u could get everything and then i saw this. thanks and also ur sure it works that way, i'm just trying to make sure
AlmostAkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #75
Illution

Send a message via AIM to Illution Send a message via MSN to Illution Send a message via Yahoo to Illution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey_Pitch View Post
For the 300k score I'd recommend doing Freebird on Medium difficulty, with a bit of practise you could hit 350k+ every single time, and possibly get the 1000 note streak at the same time as well.
Do I have to hit like every note to get this?

Old 04-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #76
nascarfan38124

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAkill View Post
i was wondering how u could get everything and then i saw this. thanks and also ur sure it works that way, i'm just trying to make sure
i am not sure as i have not tested it (i am doing the easy achievements) but i will be really suprised if it doesnt work but your main problem is that you will only have access to the content you buy with the certain band you bought it with

i have 5 got all of the money out of medium and i was able to buy all of the guitars most of the finishes and all of the songs plus the 1000 guitar (axe) for compleateing the medium tour and still need probably 20,000 more to buy all of the characters, outfits, videos, and the rest of the finishes

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun

lol very old ^^
Old 04-08-2007, 05:56 AM   #77
DFILL450

Send a message via AIM to DFILL450

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
for the 300,000 achievement u can do freebird on medium but need to hit like 97% of the notes
DFILL450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:56 AM   #78
k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illution View Post
Do I have to hit like every note to get this?
What? The Score or 1000 notes?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:06 AM   #79
AlmostAkill

AlmostAkill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarfan38124 View Post
i am not sure as i have not tested it (i am doing the easy achievements) but i will be really suprised if it doesnt work but your main problem is that you will only have access to the content you buy with the certain band you bought it with

i have 5 got all of the money out of medium and i was able to buy all of the guitars most of the finishes and all of the songs plus the 1000 guitar (axe) for compleateing the medium tour and still need probably 20,000 more to buy all of the characters, outfits, videos, and the rest of the finishes
ok and i am not very good right now so it is worth a try. thanks for the info
AlmostAkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #80
jkkj

jkkj's Gamercard
Perfectionist

Although the perfectionist award is pretty easy on easy, for those who still find it difficult, I would recommend doing it on the song "Thunder horse". The song is pretty short, so it won't take that long, even if you f**k up a couple of times. 246 notes if I remember correctly, and it's a song you'll have to do anyways...
jkkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #81
Illution

Quote:
What? The Score or 1000 notes?
The score for 300,000+ on freebird. And another question for the note streaks do you have to have to hit only the notes because if you accidentally strum does that mess up your streak? And lastly, for the beat all unlocked songs achievement which songs are those exactly? Do I get more songs by playing hard and expert?

Edit: Nevermind, I read the guide and found an answer for the last one. ha

Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 AM   #82
Birky

teh Birkinat0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
If 1 person is doing Medium, and the other is doing expert in co-op. What is a good song to get 400k and 600k on? CAN you get 800k? Both players hitting about 95% of the notes, more if necessary. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:02 AM   #83
thejokell

thejokell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birky View Post
If 1 person is doing Medium, and the other is doing expert in co-op. What is a good song to get 400k and 600k on? CAN you get 800k? Both players hitting about 95% of the notes, more if necessary. Thanks for the help.
Freebird...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #84
Birky

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Well obviously, But is there any others... Killing in the Name, perhaps Monkey Wrench? I'll just wait till K Dog speaks... he is GH God...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #85
k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Quote:
Well obviously, But is there any others... Killing in the Name, perhaps Monkey Wrench? I'll just wait till K Dog speaks... he is GH God...
Possebly Killing in the Name, but only if the Expert player is playing the guitar. The expert player has to be good at the noise building section. If done properly with star power, you can gain 200K+ points in a 15 second section.

Monkey Wrench maybe in the same instance but I seriously doubt 800 can be achieved. There just arent enough notes.

X-Stream is another song that if One plays guitar on Expert and the other plays medium/hard, 800 could be possible. Thos song has no solos and the Guitar on expert has alot of 3 note chords that rack up big scores.

Jessica requires two players familiar with the note progression. This is a bit more difficult because of the solos. The End of the song has a section similar to Killing in the Name's "Niose Builder" section with non stop 3 Note Chords that, if done properly, can gain you 200K+ points in 15 sec.

Aside from those, Freebird is the other choice. 2 Players playing on hard, theoreticly have enough notes to hit 1 mil. 2 medium players can hit 600K as well.

In the end, if one player will be playing on Expert, as long as the other is a decient at playing Medium, the job can be done on two separate difficulties. The key is putting your focus on a song that both of you feel comfortable with. I hope I have helped.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 AM   #86
Birky

Thank you... Any other words of wisdom if the the expert player hits 99% of the notes? MY buddy is AMAZING at GH... And i can do 95%+ on medium or i can do 70% on hard
Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 AM   #87
k_dog

I Kavir I's Gamercard

Quote:
Thank you... Any other words of wisdom if the the expert player hits 99% of the notes? MY buddy is AMAZING at GH... And i can do 95%+ on medium or i can do 70% on hard
My advice is that you should play on Medium.

You have a beter chance to score more points with a constant multiplier rather than more notes with a higher chance of breaking the multiplier.

This will have a higher success rate with scores.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 AM   #88
nascarfan38124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illution View Post
The score for 300,000+ on freebird. And another question for the note streaks do you have to have to hit only the notes because if you accidentally strum does that mess up your streak? And lastly, for the beat all unlocked songs achievement which songs are those exactly? Do I get more songs by playing hard and expert?

Edit: Nevermind, I read the guide and found an answer for the last one. ha

on the note streak one if you hit the strum bar in between notes it WILL mess up your streak because i played rock this town on easy and got 100% notes hit but i accidently hit the bar and at the end my longest streak was 200 something while the song has 466 notes so if you do accidently hit the bar it wont screw up the perfect song but it will end your streak

Working on
GHII - Expert
GHIII - Hard
Assassin's Creed - 1000

Compleate
Halo 3
Uno
Galaga
Gauntlet
Marble Blast
Crackdown
Oblivion
Shadowrun

lol very old ^^
Old 04-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #89
patches4711

patches4711's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place   Donator - Level 3   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
excellent guide and post this is really helpful there is no way I will be getting 1K in this game but it is very enjoyable
patches4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #90
Rapidson

Rapidson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1indSide View Post
Lefty-Flip Achievement

Just a quick tip to get this as most people aren't ambidextrous, if you play it upside down, you can play it normally (right handed). I know it sounds stupid but I sat on my couch with my feet in the air and it works. Kudos on the guide.
LOL My wife already makes fun of me for playing GH2. she would really let me have it for doing that. the mental image was hilarious. thanks for the laugh
Rapidson is offline   Reply With Quote