Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
PAX 2010 Community Meet

Well many of you know that PAX is a big event for the community here at x360a. There are always a lot of members in attendance, and normally a lot of good stories to be told afterwards. As this is our 3rd year at the show, we thought it was about time to actually throw an official x360a meet. So guess what we're gonna do?!

Basically we need some input from you guys....

We need to know:

How many of you would be coming?
When you are going to be attending? (The event itself is Fri-Sun, but we may do a pre-PAX show on the Thurs or something).
How old you are?
What sort of event do you want? Sit down meal or just a group of us chilling out playing some Xbox with pizza and beer? (Alcohol for over 21s only obviously)

So let us know what you think, and we can make this the best ticket in town .

And for those of you that don't know what PAX is- it's basically a gaming event in Seattle on the 3rd-5th September. Check out this link.

Word of warning- if you want to go, I'd start organising your hotel very soon

Last edited by Minty; 07-27-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
1 of me will be coming...
I'm there for aaaaaaaagggggggeeeeessssssss...
27 years young!!
Fun times... and alcohol...

Oh wait, you meant the members? Oh... sorry

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
McKenzie

Who choose the location?

┌★ The Grammar Police ★┐ Join Now!

This post is provided "as is", and confers no rights
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
Who choose the location?
We will of course Just need an idea of numbers and preferences really.

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I will be there! ohh i'm 29 and down for whatever you guys decide. as long as Krazie doesn't waste all my windshield washer fluid again...
Old 04-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
DeekBoy

Send a message via AIM to DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
i will be coming... my roommate may come along as well if that is cool
im gonna be there the entire event
by the time theevent happens i will be 22
just a group hanging out sounds like a great idea... or a mix of group dinner and go back and have drinks and play xbox :@

Punish The Deserving

Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
Abe_sapien

TheApeOfDeath's Gamercard
Well I just got a ticket as a birthday gift so I'll be taggin along with one of my LIVE buddies.
We'll both be there all weekend and the idea of play Xbox with community members without the need for LIVE sounds ace-tastic.

Both of us can knock back a few beers State-side age wise
Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #8
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
that's a little bit of a time crunch. I think the first day is the day after I get home from Europe, and the whole thing is all a couple days before I go back for my second year of university >_>

And no drinking for under 21's? The drinking age here is 19... (I'm 20)

As of now, that's a no on me coming but I will find out my schedule and report back. If I do end up coming I'll most likely be coming with two other people.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I'm in! Hotel room is booked and tickets have been purchased. I'm flying in Thursday morning (was going to drive but ticket were too cheap to pass up!) and leaving to come back Monday afternoon.

I'm 29, so MUCH beer will be consumed. I'm up for anything, just looking forward to putting some names to faces and just having a good 'ol time state side.

Also, anyone from there area (or someone who's been there before) know how far the airport is from the event? Was looking at renting a car but I don't think it'll be necessary, will it?

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests

Last edited by Filter x360a; 04-28-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
stophj

StophJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Third Place   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
Also, anyone from there area (or someone who's been there before) know how far the airport is from the event? Was looking at renting a car but I don't think it'll be necessary, will it?
The airport is about 15 miles south of the event. no need for a car really. you can walk to most everything down town.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Bishop24

Rare Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber Uno - Winner!   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
How many of you would be coming? 1 (Me)
When you are going to be attending? I'll be there the day before PAX starts to get used to the city and where the event is.
How old you are? 18
What sort of event do you want? I like the idea of all of us playing xbox but I know the 21+ people will want to go out, so does not matter to me.Booking my room and flight this week, looking forward to going to my first gaming event.

What, to you guys, is the best hotel to stay at in Seattle?

Follow my world of gaming at
:

http://www.BishopsGamingWorld.com/

Last edited by Bishop24; 04-28-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
It'd be interesting to set up a small tournament at someones house/someone's hotel room. Nothing huge, but pick a fun game that people can play competitively.

Just a thought.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Filter- taxi (well we got a limo cos that's how we roll) down to the hotel cost us $45 I think. You have to take into consideration all parking round there is like $25 a day as well.....

Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #14
Avelena

Send a message via MSN to Avelena

Avelena's Gamercard

Awards Showcase PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Creech and I will be hosting a drinking, video game playing, and a little surprise entertainment at our house on Saturday night. Because we do not know how many people will actually be in Seattle, we cannot commit to a large group, but would love to have a good amount of people over. Creech will be in charge of the invites...
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
eviltb

Send a message via MSN to eviltb

eviltb's Gamercard
Damn and blast my fertilism!! My eldest is starting primary school then so this time at least I wont be attending. Which is such a kick in the aforementioned ballsack, cause every event needs a bit evil. Id been growing my tache especially too...

"I got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #16
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
How many of you would be coming? Me so 1.
When you are going to be attending? Thursday-Sunday is when I'll be there.
How old you are? 19 but I can pull off as mid 20's
What sort of event do you want? I say strip club.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Donator - Level 2   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet 2010   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve50013 View Post
How many of you would be coming? Me so 1.
When you are going to be attending? Thursday-Sunday is when I'll be there.
How old you are? 19 but I can pull off as mid 20's
What sort of event do you want? I say strip club.
Strip clubs sound like a nice addition

Punish The Deserving

Old 04-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #18
Capn Doug

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
How many of me will be attending? Me and maybe my buddy, but that is not certain. Seattle is just a day trip away for me, so I don't need to do excessive planning. Btw, if there are any baseball fans here, the Mariners are hosting the Indians, so I wouldn't mind getting a group together for a game.

I am 26 and anything beyond an overcrowded hospitality suite is fine with me. I have hosted enough of them to despise them if the beer ain't free.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #19
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
... if the beer ain't free.
It might be yet Emphasis on might

Old 04-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #20
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post

I am 26 and anything beyond an overcrowded hospitality suite is fine with me. I have hosted enough of them to despise them if the beer ain't free.
Well this is why we're trying to find out numbers, so the room wont be crowded. And how many consoles we're gonna need . Plus how much beer we're gonna need

And Bishop- I know a few people are booked into the Paramount. It's like 2 minutes walk. Webby and I were in the Grand Hyatt last year, which was like 30 seconds walk. It's down to your price range tho. Some hotels are fully booked, or near it already.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
It might be yet Emphasis on might

DUDE! Make it happen!

Old 04-29-2010, 01:36 AM   #22
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Assuming I can take my vacation that week, I will be there!

Signature by MabusScarab
Old 04-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #23
KillerBEA
Lords Are Coming

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
How many:1
How long: Probably thursday - Sunday or monday
Activity:Xbox plus beer/soda would be good but im pretty open

I might not make it do to school but I will try to build my schedule in the middle of the week, plus got to request off. I can always bring my x-box and a few fun mp games if needed.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #24
DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Well this is why we're trying to find out numbers, so the room wont be crowded. And how many consoles we're gonna need . Plus how much beer we're gonna need

And Bishop- I know a few people are booked into the Paramount. It's like 2 minutes walk. Webby and I were in the Grand Hyatt last year, which was like 30 seconds walk. It's down to your price range tho. Some hotels are fully booked, or near it already.
DAMN!!! i need to get to booking my room then!!!!! during PAX will we all be in a group or just wander around separately?

do we get sweet Hello, My name is.... tags? should be a good time !!!

Punish The Deserving

Old 04-29-2010, 01:50 AM   #25
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avelena View Post
Creech and I will be hosting a drinking, video game playing, and a little surprise entertainment at our house on Saturday night. Because we do not know how many people will actually be in Seattle, we cannot commit to a large group, but would love to have a good amount of people over. Creech will be in charge of the invites...
I vote for a Friday night site event so it doesn't conflict with the Saturday night party at the Avelena/Creech residence.

Our new place is across the street from an excellent Irish pub and we were planning on stepping up the entertainment a bit this year. I mean, the lap dance Andrew gave to Krazie was okay, but clearly amateurish...a professional might do a better job, yes?

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #26
Capn Doug

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I vote for a Friday night site event so it doesn't conflict with the Saturday night party at the Avelena/Creech residence.

Our new place is across the street from an excellent Irish pub and we were planning on stepping up the entertainment a bit this year. I mean, the lap dance Andrew gave to Krazie was okay, but clearly amateurish...a professional might do a better job, yes?
Well the buddy I am bringing has performed on stage for things like that, and our duo shows did give me my gamertag...

I will put in for beer if we are doing a suite (it is the Canadian way). Clearly there won't be 200 people in a room designed for 12 like we have in politics.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:02 AM   #27
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post

We thinks Thurs night so that its pre PAX. That way everyone gets to meet up before the show, so no-ones gonna walk around not knowing anyone. Plus it gives us a day to set up rather than trying to do it on a show afternoon.

We were also thinking of doing an x360a Duck Boat Tour . I'm gonna make it on that damn boat one year!!!!!!!

And yes, there will be name tags

Old 04-29-2010, 02:53 AM   #28
DeekBoy

DeekBoy's Gamercard

Name Tags FTW!!!!!!!

Boat ride sounds like a GREAT idea!!!! never been to Seattle so it should be fun trip

Punish The Deserving

Last edited by DeekBoy; 04-29-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:13 AM   #29
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
And yes, there will be name tags
Hello my name is... God.

I called it!

Knowing minty he will spell it doG

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #30
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Just got my spousal approval so count me in ! I'll be getting everything reserved and set up tomorrow. Should be a really good time. I'm trying to be where everyone else is so would the Hyatt be the best hotel then?

Oh! and in the words of McLovin, "I'm old enough to party."

Closed Thread