PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Game Room
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
Padapolis

Padapolis's Gamercard
Thumbs down Arcade Reset and Medals Lost

I just launched the GFWL Game Room client and it didn't show any of my medals and my arcade was empty. So I turned that off, and turned on my Xbox to launch the Game Room client from there. And now even on my Xbox my medals are gone and my arcade was empty! WTF!

My excitement and confidence in this product is diminishing rapidly.
Padapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Kuefler

rkuefler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padapolis View Post
I just launched the GFWL Game Room client and it didn't show any of my medals and my arcade was empty. So I turned that off, and turned on my Xbox to launch the Game Room client from there. And now even on my Xbox my medals are gone and my arcade was empty! WTF!

My excitement and confidence in this product is diminishing rapidly.
This happened to me too, I had all gold....
Kuefler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
RudeBoy TK

RudeBoy TK's Gamercard
is this GFWL Game Room client the game for windows pc?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
gfwl means "games for windows live" so i think that's a yes
ps: dont play the windows version anymore if you like medals
Old 05-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
RudeBoy TK

RudeBoy TK's Gamercard
lucky me my windows cannot open or install windows live haha ive i lost my medals i gonna call ms and ask my money back
Old 05-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
SirVexBruzer

SirVexBruizer's Gamercard
I lost all medals and ratings!!! level 10 now 1 an zero gold.

Last edited by SirVexBruzer; 05-06-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: whoops
SirVexBruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
shadaik

shadaik's Gamercard
The same just happened to me, but without the GFWL client in between. I just downloaded both the mandatory update and Games Pack 03, then all my medals were erased and my Arcade undecorated.
Highscores where still there, though. I'm pissed, especially because of the Time Spender medals, they (obviously, cue the name) take forever.
1 vs 100, Cloning Clyde, Dash of Destruction, Wallace & Gromit #1 (200); The Maw (250); Bolt, Bully, Enchanted Arms, Golden Compass, King Kong, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Spidey FoF, Spidey WoS (1000); Oblivion (1250)
shadaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #8
MACdanstaface

MACdanstaface's Gamercard
This is really weird. it didn't happen to me, so I'm no expert, but how could a server problem cause all medal to disappear?

When you go in the memory section, and see inside the game room files, there's a my medals/arcade file separate from the game room file, the game packs and the "play anywhere" info. All this data is saved in the HDD. as long as you still have the info, there has to be a way somehow to retrieve it.
MACdanstaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
SirVexBruzer

There no clear answer for this... and im getting my ass handed to me for talking about it... It might be windows live...it might be servers it might have been temporary. What ever it is i dont like it.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #10
papoose

elementj08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
o god this just happened to me too any news on getting a refund/ fixing the issue? i love game room but this is srlsly bullshit
Old 05-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
SirVexBruzer

I tried to tell xbox live the game froze, and then they had me delete all game room on hard drive. Well I lost all medals blah blah. So I had a running dialog for like a week a with upper management telling them all I did was what you told me to do. So what happens? Nothing. "we're sorry".
Yeah me too. Now I won't buy any games OR microsoft points. They couldn't replace my ranking or medals. So i won't support game room, which really bums me out. The customer service from those guys ISN'T.
Oh and the above post. Xbox sells more consoles cause everyones breaks. So take off like 65% from the xbox sold #.

Last edited by SirVexBruzer; 05-28-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Info
Old 05-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
they replace most broken systems silly. they dont count those as systems sold
Old 06-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
TNTJudbud

TNTJudbud's Gamercard
This happened to me last night, I had been playing breakout in gameroom on the 360 it's so bad I figured id try it on GFWL so I logged in to GFWL / GameRoom asked to update then it failed. I restarted the update, it finished with no issues this time when I started it up I noticed my rank had gone down to rank 2 and lost almost all medals. Some medals where gone only a few where still there current medals only "weird". I figured something was up so I logged out of GFWL and fired up my 360 again only to find out GFWL Update had whipped out most of my medals etc in my 360 GameRoom...

GameRoom should get the

On a funny side note: This is not A Microsoft issues well it is now but it's really the guys & gals that work in "Fortitude Valley" AUSTRALIA @ Krome. File your complaints with Krome http://www.kromestudios.com/company/contactUs.php

Id be willing to put this issue to rest for a decent sized MS points card.....

Last edited by TNTJudbud; 06-04-2010 at 04:24 PM.
TNTJudbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:42 AM   #14
ShazamFTW

ShazamFTW's Gamercard
Well, add me to the list of people that just got ravaged by this. It's nice to see as opposed to fixing this issue, they're just letting it go farther and farther.

16+ hours of gameplay, over a dozen games all gold medaled, all gone.

I STRONGLY implore anyone who is considering purchasing this garbage coding of a game to not do so. You simply don't need that level of frustration in your life.

I am so majorly pissed right now, I don't even have the proper verbage to express it.

I truly hope everyone that programmed this dies of gonnorhea within the next 24 hours.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #15
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShazamFTW View Post
Well, add me to the list of people that just got ravaged by this. It's nice to see as opposed to fixing this issue, they're just letting it go farther and farther.

I STRONGLY implore anyone who is considering purchasing this garbage coding of a game to not do so. You simply don't need that level of frustration in your life.

I am so majorly pissed right now, I don't even have the proper verbage to express it.

I truly hope everyone that programmed this dies of gonnorhea within the next 24 hours.
Good god, you sound like a giant douche. Just because there is a glitch doesn't mean your world is going to end. Problems happen. They happen in most games. Move on.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #16
ljay6880

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Good god, you sound like a giant douche. Just because there is a glitch doesn't mean your world is going to end. Problems happen. They happen in most games. Move on.
I donít usually knock people in a forum, though death by gonorrhea is a little extreme for an "off day" (the bad coding) at work, but I really do understand the frustration and think what you posted is just idiotic. Whether it is gold medals, leader board high scores, or achievements, these are the tools in which we officially track our goals/successes and record what we are passionate about. What if a glitch erased how many balls a man named Babe Ruth was able to hit into the audience? What if a glitch erased how many yards a man named Dan Marino was able to successfully throw in a single season? Would these men shrug it off as a silly glitch, or would they feel a strong injustice has occurred to the passion they have dedicated themselves to? There is a hall of fame, record books, and basically a whole industry to maintain the fairness and dexterity of these accomplishments because enough people feel strongly about that passion. Just because the community is not as big and people disregard the skills necessary to be successful, does not mean that recording and maintaining statistics should be done haphazardly. Though it has not happened to me, it appears that this is not an isolated incident. Therefore, the developers should identify and fix the issue, then find a way to make amends with the affected parties. It just bothers me when someone disregards a personís feelings because they feel the subject at hand is trivial.
ljay6880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljay6880 View Post
I donít usually knock people in a forum, though death by gonorrhea is a little extreme for an "off day" (the bad coding) at work, but I really do understand the frustration and think what you posted is just idiotic. Whether it is gold medals, leader board high scores, or achievements, these are the tools in which we officially track our goals/successes and record what we are passionate about. What if a glitch erased how many balls a man named Babe Ruth was able to hit into the audience? What if a glitch erased how many yards a man named Dan Marino was able to successfully throw in a single season? Would these men shrug it off as a silly glitch, or would they feel a strong injustice has occurred to the passion they have dedicated themselves to? There is a hall of fame, record books, and basically a whole industry to maintain the fairness and dexterity of these accomplishments because enough people feel strongly about that passion. Just because the community is not as big and people disregard the skills necessary to be successful, does not mean that recording and maintaining statistics should be done haphazardly. Though it has not happened to me, it appears that this is not an isolated incident. Therefore, the developers should identify and fix the issue, then find a way to make amends with the affected parties. It just bothers me when someone disregards a personís feelings because they feel the subject at hand is trivial.
Hah, comparing Babe Ruth to some random video gamer. Nice.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #18
Reaper ECG

reaper ecg's Gamercard
All my medals just got reset and I've never done any thing on GFWL for this game.
Reaper ECG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Yeah, happened to me too. was 42 minutes away from the final time-related achievement, level 19, and had 15 medal points left. My response to this issue through contacting Krome's customer support:

Quote:
Hello, my 360 gamertag is Apoch Weiss, and I am contacting you about the outrage that is your Game Room product. I have bought a large amount of games for it, mostly due to my OCD causing me to try to obtain 1000 gamerscore on it.

The other night, I was bored at work, and decided to boot up the Game Room for the 360, in which I bought Circus Atari for both Games for Windows Live, as well as Xbox 360 compatable. However, when I got home, I found EVERYTHING had been reset. This includes 35 hours and 22 minutes worth of gaming, all levels, and medals. Due to this glitch, I now have to tack on an ADDITIONAL 36 hours of work to unlock all the achievements, if not more, which greatly angers me as I work full time and rarely get the chance to game while I'm there, as well as run a website and update it on a daily basis, which takes up a good chunk of time, leaving maybe 5 hours a week to play.

I am writing because I feel that I have been cheated by some sort of obvious glitch that should have been obvious from the day it popped up, or at least by Game Pack 6 according to some sites I referenced about this issue. As far as I'm considered, this winds up being an extreme case of False Advertising, especially since you offer the chance to play the games you buy on GFWL and the Xbox 360 arcade, but neglect to mention anywhere that, intentionally or not, you have to lose all your progress. We all only have one chance to live this life, regardless about what your beliefs are, and I simply have no intention to continue buying, supporting, or using this product and games for this unless some kind of compensation for my time and efforts, as well as money sunk into this endeavor, is provided.

Please contact me at the above address as soon as possible, or please contact me at XXXX XXX XXXX with a call back number, as soon as possible so that something can be done about this situation, preferably somehow fixing my profile on Game Room.
Wonder if I'll get a response, as this actually IS false advertising, regardless of whether it's a bug or not. Notification SHOULD have been made, and they had plenty of time to do it, as well as fix it.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

Last edited by ApochWeiss; 07-11-2010 at 01:11 PM.
ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
thedevilman

Did you ever get a reply ApochWeiss? I had the same thing happen and it's very frustrating. I noticed today when i went on that there was an update. Does anyone happen to know if it addressed this problem?
thedevilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #21
Capell

Dark Ryoga's Gamercard
Unhappy :-(

Hello,

today all my medals and my arcade got reset

I have the Game Room only on my Xbox never had
it on GFWL
Capell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #22
MACdanstaface

MACdanstaface's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capell View Post
Hello,

today all my medals and my arcade got reset

I have the Game Room only on my Xbox never had
it on GFWL
Wierd. I had a similar problem before. If you only played on your xbox 360, you should still have the "my arcade, mdeals..." (something like that) file in your hard drive (inside the game room file). What I did was delete the GR file (not the "my arcade, medals & score" file), and download it again. Then, to be safe, go in your download history and download the games you've already bought one more time.

I don't know if you already tried that, hope it helps

Thx to SeedyEvil for the Sig

MACdanstaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #23
Capell

Dark Ryoga's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACdanstaface View Post
Wierd. I had a similar problem before. If you only played on your xbox 360, you should still have the "my arcade, mdeals..." (something like that) file in your hard drive (inside the game room file). What I did was delete the GR file (not the "my arcade, medals & score" file), and download it again. Then, to be safe, go in your download history and download the games you've already bought one more time.

I don't know if you already tried that, hope it helps

Thank you for your help...but unfortunately it didn't worked
Capell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #24
psychofox

thepsychofox's Gamercard
Same issue for me
Old 08-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #25
SirVexBruzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShazamFTW View Post

Im with you bro. Game room sucks and so does the support. I called them and they said "sorry." I don't them I would never buy a Game Room game again and they hung up on me. So I haven't. Nothing like sinking 30 hours into a game and some asshole says I'm a duche for not being all happy about it.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #26
mikeszetec

Ford Freaks's Gamercard
well i lost everything @ level 20 and got a gamerscore of 980 and back to level 1. but with game pack 008 released I was able to get the last 20g fancy arcade achievement with all the free themes.

gamertag

x mikes zetec x
mikeszetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #27
Kitsune Goth

Kitsune Goth's Gamercard
Exclamation Don't expect any answers from Xbox Live support either.

I had my medals and levels reset. A few times now.

One I know of is to purchase the Game Room arcade games on the Xbox 360 only. Then you go to the PC version and log into with your gamertag. Whoopee your arcade and medals/levels go poof. So avoid that.

OK, so only 24 hours of gaming lost. Now let's invest another 24 plus hours. The original medal count and levels have been surpassed. Yes, marching onto level 17.

Now... Let's log onto Xbox Live, as we know you need to be logged onto live to earn score and survivalist medals. Poof. The arcade is gone and the medals/levels are reset.

What to do? Let's contact Microsoft's Xbox support. Maybe they might know of any suggestions. Their response? Gamer scores are reset to 0 when the player abnormally obtains them by using an external device or programing and avoid playing the game. Etc. etc. etc....

Basically what the Xbox live tech support is stating that we are cheaters. Despite sending 4 replies describing what happened and that achievements are not the issue, the same reply is given. Although it does slow earning achievements when your data gets erased.

Personally I would like to know how many people were affected by the game data loss. I'm considering filing a formal complaint against the tech support for their incompetence and sending it to the corporate office. With the millions unemployed, I'm pretty sure Microsoft can find individuals who can read and appropriately answer a question.

I prefer games that do not play Russian Roulette with your save data. You can only play Break Out so many times before slipping into a vegetative state. Do not forget we are cheaters as determined by Xbox tech support for playing the game.
Kitsune Goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:05 AM   #28
Eggbert Chunk

xX Cpt Chunk Xx's Gamercard
This happened to me a few weeks ago, but there is a way to get all your medels back...

If you load up game room offline without the current update, the game room cannot load your profile so has to start from scratch, so you will have no medals and your arcade will be blank.. DO NOT PLAY ANY GAME OR CHANGE YOUR ARCADE IN ANY WAY, otherwise this will create a new profile which will over-right your old one..

Just exit game room, connect your profile to live, and start game room again.. You should get the update (which has your original profile saved with it) screen first. Once this has loaded, game room should open with your original profile as normal..

To sum it up, dont play game room offline without the update, otherwise the game will create a new profile that overrights your original one.. The same thing happens with Gears of War 2..
Old 12-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #29
rdrunr89

rdrunr89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbert Chunk View Post
This happened to me a few weeks ago, but there is a way to get all your medels back...

If you load up game room offline without the current update, the game room cannot load your profile so has to start from scratch, so you will have no medals and your arcade will be blank.. DO NOT PLAY ANY GAME OR CHANGE YOUR ARCADE IN ANY WAY, otherwise this will create a new profile which will over-right your old one..

Just exit game room, connect your profile to live, and start game room again.. You should get the update (which has your original profile saved with it) screen first. Once this has loaded, game room should open with your original profile as normal..

To sum it up, dont play game room offline without the update, otherwise the game will create a new profile that overrights your original one.. The same thing happens with Gears of War 2..
I cleared cache and was able to get in to the game without the update. I then saw that everything was reset. I went and loaded my profile again and everything was still zero.

HEY! That Thing Got A Hemi?

rdrunr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:07 AM   #30
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yup all of mine disappeared to. I didnt have a lot but im still disappointed.
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote