PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #31
Valoredge
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 24

Valoredge's Gamercard
Your roadmap states that to get to Gouken in Arcade Mode you need 3 First Attacks, this is incorrect, it is 5 as stated in the achievement descriptions.

Just a friendly reminder in case people glance at the handy roadmap and not bother to read the achievements in detail. Just got this today on my 2nd Sakura playthrough after making the "3 First Attacks" mistake.
Valoredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #32
Gilganomics
 
Gilganomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oakland, Soul Cali
Posts: 107

gilganomics's Gamercard
All Titles

From what I can tell, you can get all trial related titles without beating all trials, which only leaves the arcade and multiplayer titles.

Similar to the color/taunt discussion, if your trying to get everything, this doesn't really matter, but some folks might like knowing that one of the harder achievements is more attainable than it seems.

Cool guide though, the BP info is really helpful.

Last edited by Gilganomics; 05-09-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Gilganomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #33
GhOsT SLaYeR
 
GhOsT SLaYeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,341
Send a message via AIM to GhOsT SLaYeR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
waay 2 much online 4 me...
but guide looks good.
__________________

GhOsT SLaYeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #34
neubourn
 
neubourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 401

neubourn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilganomics View Post
From what I can tell, you can get all trial related titles without beating all trials, which only leaves the arcade and multiplayer titles.

Similar to the color/taunt discussion, if your trying to get everything, this doesn't really matter, but some folks might like knowing that one of the harder achievements is more attainable than it seems.

Cool guide though, the BP info is really helpful.
Well you have to complete either 22 or 23 trials for each character to get all the trial titles, and thats not much different from doing all 24 for each character, still just as difficult.
__________________
neubourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #35
Gilganomics
 
Gilganomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oakland, Soul Cali
Posts: 107

gilganomics's Gamercard
....Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubourn View Post
Well you have to complete either 22 or 23 trials for each character to get all the trial titles, and thats not much different from doing all 24 for each character, still just as difficult.
Not just as difficult, but I get your point (and I established your point for you in my previous post because I knew you'd say something just like this). Tired of people telling me how hard something is in this game when I've experienced it.

Having come close, but no cigar with numerous characters (and you being another who hasn't completed all trials in either IV), I considered it relevant info, but you do not. Case closed...
Gilganomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #36
neubourn
 
neubourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 401

neubourn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilganomics View Post
Not just as difficult, but I get your point (and I established your point for you in my previous post because I knew you'd say something just like this). Tired of people telling me how hard something is in this game when I've experienced it.

Having come close, but no cigar with numerous characters (and you being another who hasn't completed all trials in either IV), I considered it relevant info, but you do not. Case closed...
Yeah, i never even came close in SFIV because i used a controller, and it was terribly difficult to do trials with that thing. now i have a fightpad, and it is somewhat easier, but trials are still a pain in the ass. I never said they were impossible, just difficult.

And i just used the BP info from my own experience, which is me playing D or D+ characters against D-C characters, and you typically get 50BP a win, but if you are fighting an even higher ranked character, you can get 60 to 70BP if you beat them. But, i figured since 50 is the minimum, itll work for most intents and purposes guide-wise.
__________________
neubourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #37
Gilganomics
 
Gilganomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oakland, Soul Cali
Posts: 107

gilganomics's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neubourn View Post
Yeah, i never even came close in SFIV because i used a controller, and it was terribly difficult to do trials with that thing. now i have a fightpad, and it is somewhat easier, but trials are still a pain in the ass. I never said they were impossible, just difficult.

And i just used the BP info from my own experience, which is me playing D or D+ characters against D-C characters, and you typically get 50BP a win, but if you are fighting an even higher ranked character, you can get 60 to 70BP if you beat them. But, i figured since 50 is the minimum, itll work for most intents and purposes guide-wise.
It's spot on. I got plenty of 66 BP fights, but it still took 19 wins with Ryu to get C rank, so 20 seems like a good average. (Oh, El Fuerte, why do you have to exist?)
Gilganomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #38
Psychic
 
Psychic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 104

TURMOIL o's Gamercard
Rival Schooled

I just got Rival Schooled achievement and the alternate rivals I fought were:
Character - Rival
Cammy - C.Viper
Chun Li - C.Viper
C.Viper - Chun Li
Guile - Abel
Seth - Hakan
Ryu - Sagat

I held all the Kick Buttons as mentioned in this guide when the rival screen appeared.
__________________
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #39
run187
Banned User
 
run187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 166

run187's Gamercard
9 endless wins in row about to start ten then the host kicks me so sad
i guess i meant to stand there and let him triple kick me with akuma over and over
sad the way some people cant take losing online if it isent idiots dash boarding mw2 it idiots quitting this or fifa
anyways nice guide thanks ..
run187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:26 AM   #40
SinisterTarheel
 
SinisterTarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kentucky by the way of NC
Posts: 102

SYNISTERTARHEEL's Gamercard
cool guide and willing to use the tip on beating on the hardest difficulty
__________________









SinisterTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #41
Valter
 
Valter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 171

With Seoul's Gamercard
Any tricks for Speed freak?
__________________
Valter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #42
hobbes8548
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 77

hobbes8548's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valter View Post
Any tricks for Speed freak?
The achievement is actually an average of 20 secs. They do not all have to be beaten within 20 secs. However it's safer if you do.

1) Connect second controller.
2) Set the rounds to 1 and time limit to 30.
3) Some advise to pick harder CPU difficulty because of increased offense and focus overuse by AI. Not really necessary (I beat it on Medium) but if you are having a hard time just increase difficulty, might help. Also some AI opponents (e.g. Guile) naturally tend to focus more than others.
4) Pick Zangief for lariat spam.
5) The trick is if you see the round is going to last more than 20 secs then hit Start on the second controller. Beat yourself, and then try again. Continue the cycle until you manage to beat the opponent within 20 secs. If you get hit by an ultra then you basically need to hit Start since they are time wasters. So watch out for those AI characters that usually tend to execute the ultra as soon as they get it (e.g. Gen, Cammy, etc...) and block it. Just play patient.
6) If you happen to play Akuma or Gouken at the end you do not need to beat them within 20 secs. In fact you can even lose to them and you'll still get the achievement (which is what happened to me, I just let the timer run out).

This achievement is really easy if you use the second player trick.
hobbes8548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #43
AiR NIKE JORDAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 27
Looking for people to boost for the achievement to win 10 team player matches! My gamertag: vNIKE T00Nv THE 00 ARE NUMBER ZEROS
AiR NIKE JORDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #44
SinisterTarheel
 
SinisterTarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kentucky by the way of NC
Posts: 102

SYNISTERTARHEEL's Gamercard
glad I got the Hard Times achieve. out the way, now workin on the online achievements & as well as gettin 35 characters out the way
__________________









SinisterTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #45
DConvery
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21

DConvery's Gamercard
Was not pleased to see most of this games achevements are copy pasted from sf4, i gotta go get sunny daze all over again
DConvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #46
UCB Disco
 
UCB Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 東京都八王子市, JAPAN
Posts: 1,298

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I followed the Gouken on Hardest path perfectly, and for some reason it took me to Akuma.

Here's what happened;

- Won first match normally, with First Strike.
- Perfected 2nd match.
- Won 3rd fight with First Strike and Ultra Finish.
- Won 4th, 5th, and 6th normally, all with First Strike.
- Beat my rival with First Strike and Ultra Finish.
- And beat Seth with First Strike and Ultra Finish.

Was my problem that I didn't get 3 Ultra Finishes before Seth? Does he not count, because he's technically the game's boss? Any help would be largely appreciated. Thanks.

PS: No. I didn't lose a single round or use a continue. Just in case someone asks.
__________________



Last edited by UCB Disco; 05-24-2010 at 03:01 PM.
UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #47
TheMaster328
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 155

TheMaster328's Gamercard
Hmm... I got Gouken by doing a combination of Super and Ultra finishes (guessing 3 for this minimum - I did more), with 5 first attacks... I got no perfects during that run, however...
TheMaster328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #48
Giof007
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 92

Giof 007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCB Disco View Post
I followed the Gouken on Hardest path perfectly, and for some reason it took me to Akuma.

Here's what happened;

- Won first match normally, with First Strike.
- Perfected 2nd match.
- Won 3rd fight with First Strike and Ultra Finish.
- Won 4th, 5th, and 6th normally, all with First Strike.
- Beat my rival with First Strike and Ultra Finish.
- And beat Seth with First Strike and Ultra Finish.

Was my problem that I didn't get 3 Ultra Finishes before Seth? Does he not count, because he's technically the game's boss? Any help would be largely appreciated. Thanks.

PS: No. I didn't lose a single round or use a continue. Just in case someone asks.
I know the problem there, Seth doesn't actually count as a character for getting to Gouken. Its the others up to and including your rival. So, from your description, you only had 2 ultra combo finishes.

I'm quite certain because I wanted to get to Gouken to show my kid brother that it was possible, and I got my 3rd Ultra on Seth and it didn't work. I did it again, making sure I had everything before Seth, and it worked.
Giof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:21 AM   #49
UCB Disco
 
UCB Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 東京都八王子市, JAPAN
Posts: 1,298

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giof007 View Post
I know the problem there, Seth doesn't actually count as a character for getting to Gouken. Its the others up to and including your rival. So, from your description, you only had 2 ultra combo finishes.

I'm quite certain because I wanted to get to Gouken to show my kid brother that it was possible, and I got my 3rd Ultra on Seth and it didn't work. I did it again, making sure I had everything before Seth, and it worked.
Thanks a ton. Damn. I had a feeling that was the problem. I missed a 3rd UF on Ryu right before my Rival match too! Oh, well. One more time shouldn't be too bad.
__________________


UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #50
SystemFailure
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2
I'm pretty sure that your own replays count towards Replayer. I know that I did not watch 30 replays of other players cause it was less than half an hour into watching other people's replays that I got the achievement. I had watched plenty of my own replays by that time.
SystemFailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #51
BlackMantis313
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26
My Rival School Achievement and All Clear achievements didn't pop................................
__________________


BlackMantis313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #52
UCB Disco
 
UCB Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 東京都八王子市, JAPAN
Posts: 1,298

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemFailure View Post
I'm pretty sure that your own replays count towards Replayer. I know that I did not watch 30 replays of other players cause it was less than half an hour into watching other people's replays that I got the achievement. I had watched plenty of my own replays by that time.
That's definitely true, because I got my last 10 or so watches from my own fight.
__________________


UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #53
op14
 
op14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 19
Send a message via MSN to op14 Send a message via Skype™ to op14

KSI op14's Gamercard
Hey thanks for the awesome guide. =3
op14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #54
Assasin6367
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 12

assasin6367's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide i will be playing this very soon
Assasin6367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #55
Brothaa
 
Brothaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Posts: 295
Send a message via Yahoo to Brothaa

bruthaa's Gamercard
Nice guide and good feedback. This well help me get on my way to earning a few cheeves. Thanks.
Brothaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #56
SinisterTarheel
 
SinisterTarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kentucky by the way of NC
Posts: 102

SYNISTERTARHEEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMantis313 View Post
My Rival School Achievement and All Clear achievements didn't pop................................
I had the same problem when I finished with all characters also.
__________________









SinisterTarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #57
S33k666D3STR0Y
 
S33k666D3STR0Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16

S33k666D3STR0Y's Gamercard
i gotta admit i wasnt i huge fan of street fighter 4 but super street fighter 4 was a major step up in my opinion. i actually like all of the new characters but i still hate all the Ken, Ryu, Sagat, Gouken, Gen, blanka and Zangief spammers. i know the techniques to avoid the spams but when u mess it up once it seems they hit u with an endless steam of hadukens, shorukens and tiger claws lol

i think this turned from a happy comment, into a bit of a rant lol woops my bad... indeed that is all!!
S33k666D3STR0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #58
MadVirus
 
MadVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 73

MadVirus's Gamercard
Long Time No See

I reached gouken by mistake I did not press start if I do will it be counted or the achievement will not be rewarded?
MadVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #59
Don Pedro X
 
Don Pedro X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 163

Don Pedro X's Gamercard
Nice guide
Don Pedro X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:27 AM   #60
MadVirus
 
MadVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 73

MadVirus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMantis313 View Post
My Rival School Achievement and All Clear achievements didn't pop................................

Rival School and al clear should be in medium and higher
MadVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 PM.