PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #31
Boostme

MOV KIDROBOT's Gamercard
Yes I finally completed T Hawks Trial!! Wooo Hooo

1st in the USA to 1000/1000 KoF XII without using any gamesaves/cheats!!!!
Boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:07 AM   #32
kyuubbii

kyuubbii's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCKFirstBlood View Post
Hi guys, i have managed to do all charakters trials this week 100%
and im curious who else did it so far.

if someone needs help with a trial just ask in this thread.
maybe i can give you some tips for that specific trial.

i use my madcatz fightstick and fightpad to manage all the trials
+ i use sometimes the turbo function of this controllers it helped me
out in different situations. some of you will call it cheating to use
the turbo function but in the case of doing trials i just wanted to complete
them all as fast as possible to get back to the more enjoyable achievements
in the game. i love street fighter and i just want to get 1000GS as fast as possible and then just play online.
man i have only 3 trials left:

Sakura (#17): no matter what i do, the EX shouoken wouldnt come out. i tried pulling EX shenbakyaku and then do the EX shouoken but same problem.

Ibuki (#24): this one is plain hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fei Long (#19): this should be super easy but no matter whether i do it very fast or slow the Rekkas won't cone out

could you advice me how to do these stupid trials?

100% Arcade: SSFHDR 2, Feeding Frenzy 2
kyuubbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #33
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubbii View Post
man i have only 3 trials left:

Sakura (#17): no matter what i do, the EX shouoken wouldnt come out. i tried pulling EX shenbakyaku and then do the EX shouoken but same problem.

Ibuki (#24): this one is plain hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fei Long (#19): this should be super easy but no matter whether i do it very fast or slow the Rekkas won't cone out

could you advice me how to do these stupid trials?
Sakura's #17 becomes extremely easy once you know a few things about the game engine. With that said, I'll bore you with these two tidbits about it :

1: If you chain moves (eg. cancelling a c.lp's animation into another c.lp), you cannot cancel them into a special move; if you link moves (eg. performing a c.lp, and then performing another c.lp once the animation has ended from the first), you can cancel them into a special.

2: If you chain moves but change your stance from crouching to standing or vice versa during, it will allow you to cancel into a special move as long as it cancels from the first hit of that new stance.

The reason Sakura's #17 is so hard is because her c.lp is much trickier to link than most hit-confirm combos (such as Ryu's c.mp, c.mp, c.hk) and this is typically because if you get the timing wrong, she'll just chain it instead and make trial and error for finding the correct timing very shady. However, we can use stance changes resetting the ability to special cancel to our advantage because she has quite a few chainable moves. Try the combo j.hp, c.lk xx s.lp xx c.lk xx ex shouoken and as long as you can perform the shoryuken input after the second c.lk, it should come out everytime

Fei Long's #19 is annoying for the same reason Sakura's is, both c.lk and c.lp are chainable moves and if you chain the final hit then his rekkas won't come out. There's no time to stance change in this one, however you can chain the first few hits as long as you link into the second c.lp. I personally find it easier to do c.lk xx c.lp xx c.lk, c.lp xx rekkas rather than linking everything as c.lk, c.lp, c.lk, c.lp xx rekkas.

There's lots of tips for Ibuki's #24 already in the General Trials thread we have (link HERE) so check that out too That's the only trial I'm not consistent with I'm afraid, so I won't be of much use there haha.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #34
Murasame_Moyasu

The Kilometers's Gamercard
I'm down to four now:

Ken #24: EX Air Hurricane Kick is hard to get in the combo. I can do it w/o the cr.lp and cr.mp. Practice I guess.

Guile #20: Sonic Boom to Double Flash is giving me a lot of trouble. I can get it with Guile sitting right next to Dan, but I can't seem to get it to cancel at the distance that the cr.mp leaves you.

Ibuki #24: Another one that'll just take some practice. I can get the high jump cancel after the target combo w/o the cr.lk and cr.lp and I did C. Viper's 22 earlier today so it will come eventually.

Sakura #23: This one bugs me just because she is my main lol. Just have to practice the lk hurricae kick into cr.fp and I should be able to get the rest.

I have to say that a year of playing SF4 really shows in how fast these trials are going. It took me most of that time to get to 10 hard trials left, and in this game I'm almost finished in 3 weeks. I guess practice really helps a lot lol.

Murasame_Moyasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #35
Scruffs

Did them all within 3 days of getting the game lol. I used to do trials for fun in SF4 with relative ease
Scruffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:57 AM   #36
Clan BwF

BwF GodsGift's Gamercard
I need help doing the combo's. I do the first part of the combo right but when i do the next move dan blocks it. Is there a certain point when I have to do the second part of the combo? Like is there some kind of "trigger" that lets me know when to do the next part of the combo?
Clan BwF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #37
UltraMagnus1780

UltraMagnus1780's Gamercard
Let me join the Trail Athlete club!!!! 100% trials complete
UltraMagnus1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #38
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
I think I already posted in the General Trials thread, but I also have Trial Athlete!
TheMaster328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #39
Fearthevoices

Fearthevoices's Gamercard
Yep i've got it done too. Now just "c to c" achievement to go really.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #40
mortikia
Banned User

Mortikia's Gamercard
Congrats, I did them all with my new fight stick, in ssf4 I did them with the standard controller
mortikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #41
conel33

Salaryman CP's Gamercard
Finally got round to finishing off all of the trials today. There were a few hard ones but it was probably a little easier than Vanilla SF4.
conel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #42
brenttiscool15

Send a message via AIM to brenttiscool15 Send a message via MSN to brenttiscool15 Send a message via Yahoo to brenttiscool15

A DOO DOO YOZ's Gamercard
Not only did I complete all the trials, but I unlocked all the Titles and Icons, beat arcade on Hardest with every character, and got every character to C rank online, thus giving me 1000g in the game.
brenttiscool15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #43
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
One thing I have a hard time with in this game, in general, is the link between Focus Attack and the next attack. In example, Hakan 13 and 14 have Focus Attack linked with a special grapple. How hard do I Focus Attack? And how do I link it to the special?

This is really bothering me, as it is preventing me from doing SO many trials. Thank you to whoever can help explain.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #44
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
You basically focus attack JUST long enough to make Dan crumple, which means for him to bend over and drop to his knees and then face. That should be indicated by an audio queue and your character is covered in a white hue.

If I understand correctly, a focus attack has 4 stages:

1. Tap: a basic attack you can dash out of after landing it, doesn't do a lot of damage, nor does it crumple the opponent.
2. Crumple 1 (what you need at its earliest stage): causes the opponent to crumple (bend over) but still does very little damage)
3. Crumple 2: does more damage
4. Crumple 3: unblockable, excellent for buffering other attacks such as 720 throws.

Last edited by Dennoman; 06-02-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #45
UCB Disco

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennoman View Post
You basically focus attack JUST long enough to make Dan crumple, which means for him to bend over and drop to his knees and then face. That should be indicated by an audio queue and your character is covered in a white hue.

If I understand correctly, a focus attack has 4 stages:

1. Tap: a basic attack you can dash out of after landing it, doesn't do a lot of damage, nor does it crumple the opponent.
2. Crumple 1 (what you need at its earliest stage): causes the opponent to crumple (bend over) but still does very little damage)
3. Crumple 2: does more damage
4. Crumple 3: unblockable, excellent for buffering other attacks such as 720 throws.
Dude! Thanks a ton for the advice! Great explanation.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #46
UCB Disco

One last bit of help, if anyone can;

I have done all of Hakan's Trials except 2. Trial 23, although it looks easy, is causing me to want to gauge my eyes out! I was able to do 24 on the second try, but I just can't get 23 at all (sLP, sLK, sLP -> sLK). UGH. It's pissing me off.

The other one (I forgot the exact number) is the Focus Attack, Focus Attack, Oil Combination Hold combo. I've tried the FA lvl 3/2, FA lvl 1, Dash, Oil Combination Hold, but I still just can't get under him. It's almost as if he doesn't get popped up enough on the second Focus Attack for me to pull off the Ultra.

Any help for these two would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #47
Dams

Dams Profile's Gamercard
100% trials complete !

100% Games (36):
Alan W~Fable II&Pub~Onechanbara
~Pure~Fallout 3~GH 2&3~L4D 1&2~ Avatar~RB 2~VF 5~Res 5~ Soulcal 4~Dash of D~Eternal Sonata~Bioshock 1&2~ Lego Batman & SW II~Assassin C. 1&2~Fight N3~Brutal Legend~ Batman A.~ Star Wars : Force~BlazBlue~ Castlev:SotN~Dead Rising~Winterb.~ Street & S. Street IV~Army of 2~Dead Space~Tomb R. Under~Bayonetta
Dams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #48
Leonhart S

Leonhart S's Gamercard
i'm finished achievements trials 05-03-2010 and the last achievement for 1000 05-11-2010
anyway i don't remember T. Hawk #23 sure the most complicated for me Ibuki #24 (i'm foolish!)
Leonhart S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #49
Arron-AcE

Arron AcE's Gamercard
im happy to say i managed to complete all trials last month wow vipers were a pain an sakuras 23 the timing is mad but i did it an i also would be glad to try and give tips, there are a few trials u can "cheat" if thats what u want to call it such as dans 24th i believe.

so yea if anyone wants some advice id be happy to try and help after all i know how it feels doin the same trial over n over but when u finally complete it well lets jus say i was so happy i had to make a trip to the bathroom hahaha J.K

Arron-AcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #50
Hilaryduffgta

Congrats

damn i cant believe some people have finished the trials...that is pretty insane...i'm stuck on them right now and know there is no way to even finish them until i own the game...does having the stick help

I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one who takes attendance

RIP Dad,You Are Missed
Hilaryduffgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #51
AntoineDiamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostme View Post
I cant do any of the trials.any one please help me? I tried doign Hakan ( i did the first 12) but for some reason i cant even connect the Standing combos later on.. =(
EX oil before doing any of his trials..he has no focus cancels and was easiest for me
AntoineDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #52
AntoineDiamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron-AcE View Post
im happy to say i managed to complete all trials last month wow vipers were a pain an sakuras 23 the timing is mad but i did it an i also would be glad to try and give tips, there are a few trials u can "cheat" if thats what u want to call it such as dans 24th i believe.

so yea if anyone wants some advice id be happy to try and help after all i know how it feels doin the same trial over n over but when u finally complete it well lets jus say i was so happy i had to make a trip to the bathroom hahaha J.K
what exactly do you mean "cheat" his trial 24? i am more then likely not going to be able to do them all so it would really help me out lol..i gotten to 15 on most people but the rest are horrible..i have done t.hawk, dudley, makoto,hakan,m.bison(dictator)

so i'd like the advice
Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #53
AntoineDiamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCB Disco View Post
One thing I have a hard time with in this game, in general, is the link between Focus Attack and the next attack. In example, Hakan 13 and 14 have Focus Attack linked with a special grapple. How hard do I Focus Attack? And how do I link it to the special?

This is really bothering me, as it is preventing me from doing SO many trials. Thank you to whoever can help explain.
i went to lvl3 focus and you dash toward him while your at the end of the focus animation..it's called buffering.. then start doing the 360's for his special..hope that helps
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #54
AntoineDiamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilaryduffgta View Post
damn i cant believe some people have finished the trials...that is pretty insane...i'm stuck on them right now and know there is no way to even finish them until i own the game...does having the stick help
i mean...a decent stick is $100+, it helped me but i was used to the stick before the controller so it was like going back home..i find the controller i throw out unnecessary shoru's instead of what i wanted

if you have the extra cash and don't mind spending it then i think it would help over all or at least that's what it did for me
Old 08-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #55
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortikia View Post
Congrats, I did them all with my new fight stick, in ssf4 I did them with the standard controller
Really? Or did you just glitch your gamerscore? lol
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #56
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCB Disco View Post
One last bit of help, if anyone can;

I have done all of Hakan's Trials except 2. Trial 23, although it looks easy, is causing me to want to gauge my eyes out! I was able to do 24 on the second try, but I just can't get 23 at all (sLP, sLK, sLP -> sLK). UGH. It's pissing me off.

The other one (I forgot the exact number) is the Focus Attack, Focus Attack, Oil Combination Hold combo. I've tried the FA lvl 3/2, FA lvl 1, Dash, Oil Combination Hold, but I still just can't get under him. It's almost as if he doesn't get popped up enough on the second Focus Attack for me to pull off the Ultra.

Any help for these two would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Not sure if you got them already, but the tip for 23, is you NEED to be oiled up first. Then it just the matter of link timing, nothing else

As for 18 (FA, FA, OCH). i had alot of trouble with this one as well. I realized i should just just the Control Pad, it makes dashing and doing his ultra alot quicker. heres what i did exactly, and it only took me 3 tries with the C pad over numerous attempts with the joystick.

FA level 3, ->-> , FA Level 1, ->->, vvv KKK

hope that helps.
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #57
zindar

ThatGuyLester's Gamercard
Got it after the 1st week of release the only hard ones are C vipers and Ibuki's last trials
zindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #58
AgentSephiroth417

Sephiroth in HD's Gamercard
Ryu's 24th trial was my last one, but it was very easy. I decided to let the very last trial i needed to be easy to do.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AgentSephiroth

Looking to boost in Bioshock 2, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Super Street Fighter 2 HDR, Resident Evil 5, Fatal Fury Special, and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
AgentSephiroth417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #59
^_^x Yashiro

Yashiro EC's Gamercard
This is piece of cake if you have a madcatz te stick
^_^x Yashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #60
osbjorn

osbjorn's Gamercard
I too have completed the trials 100%
The hardest ones for me were
cammy 24