Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Alan Wake
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #31
NOTswaggers
Banned User

swaggers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Hey Webb, I read that your Radio list was missing one? It wouldn't happen to be the one in the bedroom at the beginning of Episode 2, would it?
No that doesn't count. Only the radio shows that feature the main radio guy talking about Brights Falls and the Deer Fest count. Also no to police radio chatter.
NOTswaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #32
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCVii 007 View Post
I don't know if you want to include these videos here, or in the other topic (Roadmap), so I'll let you decide.
Perfect guide man, thanks. Are you planning to make guides for the others collectibles?
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #33
Marphil

MarkPhilips's Gamercard
Great work but I hope in a youtube guide, too many collectibles lol
Marphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #34
XCVii 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulturas666 View Post
Perfect guide man, thanks. Are you planning to make guides for the others collectibles?
I was going to, but another game got released and I'm playing that, so to hell with the collectibles!

It took me a few hours to make those just for the hidden chests, and there were only 30 of them, so someone else can make them for the thermos.

I was going to make one for the can pyramids, since I found all 12 minus 1, but forget it... Thanks for the comment about the video!
XCVii 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:26 AM   #35
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Just updated it to v1.1 of the collectibles guide. The following additions were made:

v1.1 - Episode 4 & 5 done. Two revisions:
Added #41 (coffee thermoses) into episode 3.
Added #10 (treasure) into episode 3.
Amended: a few of the descriptions to make things clear, to avoid confusion.

**please be aware that the additions will push the numbers down one, so if you are checking off, please make sure to take this into consideration**

Left to do:
Episode 6. Hoping to find: 4 signs, ?? normal manuscript pages, 1 TV, 12 thermoses, 5 hidden chests.
Episode guide (colour co-ordinated).

If I'm missing one, be sure to let me know or if you're having problems/a description isn't clear, give me a shout.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #36
vampire q 01

Webb this is the guide i used and i finished only missing one coffee thermos and there are 91 manuscript pages on normal difficulty if u wanna u it for comparison with ur guide

http://swearingatvideogames.com/2010...les-episode-1/
vampire q 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #37
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I'd rather do it just scouring every inch and then see what I'm missing at the end. There's bound to be something... there always is

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 05-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #38
xDante1986

New xDante1986's Gamercard
hi guys, i finish game get all radios, tvs, normal manuscripts and chest, but i missed one thermos, 3 can pyramid and 1 sign

EDIT: heh, I found last sign If you want to talk about collectibles, write me pm, I write complete guide for the game for czech community

we missed the same thermoses in episode 5, because I read somewher, that you must have 89 thermoses at the end of E5

Last edited by xDante1986; 05-15-2010 at 05:32 AM.
xDante1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #39
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Webb, I'm almost 100% certain the radio show you're unsure of is the Hartman recordings in chapter 4. A mate of mine missed out on that achievement but got all the other radios but no pop. I got it upon getting the radio at the top of the grain silo, also bringing my radio count to 11. If someone else could confirm this, that would be great but I'm pretty sure that's the one, even though it's not a radio broadcast.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #40
xDante1986

ponny I miss this achievement too and I will try it in next hour, as I try I write it here
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #41
jack3auer

jack3auer's Gamercard
the last TV your looking for is Actually Alan Wakes TV, during episode 6 there is a flashback to NYC, you need to switch alans tv on his living room.
jack3auer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #42
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire q 01 View Post
Webb this is the guide i used and i finished only missing one coffee thermos and there are 91 manuscript pages on normal difficulty if u wanna u it for comparison with ur guide

http://swearingatvideogames.com/2010...les-episode-1/
that is a great guide all in order and not all over the place its the guide i will be using thx for posting as to webb thx for your hard work m8.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #43
xDante1986

suki yeah great guide, but author missed two cofee thermoses, but one of member found one of them...still one missing....it is in chapter 5 or 6 I think
Old 05-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #44
Music-My-Savior

Music My Savior's Gamercard
So there needs to be 12 in the remaining episode for you to get all 100? I read on a different guide there was only 11 and I'm missing four, three are accounted for so I'm hoping this is going to be it.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #45
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDante1986 View Post
we missed the same thermoses in episode 5, because I read somewher, that you must have 89 thermoses at the end of E5
Which one's that then?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #46
xDante1986

still dont know man, but we missed the same one...right now its only thing Im sure...but now trying to play on nightmare....maybe I find the last...in episode 6 I found only 11
Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #47
cydine

cydine's Gamercard
There are only 11 thermoses in Episode 6. The one you are missing is in Episode 4.

It's between 62 and 63 in your guide. After you find 62, go down the road and take a right at the fork. It's about half way down that road - a fair bit off the road to the right behind another old tractor.
cydine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #48
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydine View Post
There are only 11 thermoses in Episode 6. The one you are missing is in Episode 4.

It's between 62 and 63 in your guide. After you find 62, go down the road and take a right at the fork. It's about half way down that road - a fair bit off the road to the right behind another old tractor.
I just finished and found that there was only 11...

I'll go and check now. You my friend are a legend

Old 05-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #49
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Good work so far Webb, really Looking forward to the final version. Just gonna play for now and then come back to it once the guide is ready. Such a good game
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #50
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
Good work so far Webb, really Looking forward to the final version. Just gonna play for now and then come back to it once the guide is ready. Such a good game
Just working on the episode guide now with some fancy colour coding, but all the collectibles are now accounted for

Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #51
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Great work on the guide Webb, glad to hear everything is now accounted for I'm on my nightmare playthrough at the moment, so not fussed about collecting yet. Although I did managed to find all the radio shows on my first playthrough, which was more than I thought I'd get

I'll be coming back to this when I've finished my nightmare game and on the collecting.

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #52
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think I have just found a way to check what radios you are missing. I did not see this mentioned so I thought I would help. Go into extras and then playback. Then click on radios and it lists all of the radios you have listened to.

NOTE

It lists the radios that do not count towards the achievement so I suggest that you check your statistics so you do not get confused on how many you have left.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #53
Geezer Of War

coffee thermoses

Hi mate, any news on the 101st coffee thermose?

Also, can you replay episodes to get collectibles before completing the game or will I have to get any missed ones on my nightmare run?

thanks alot and great guide

Last edited by Geezer Of War; 05-15-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Geezer Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #54
Ozbaab

Ozbaab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great job dude. Finished the game an hour ago, need 3 more pages, 12 thermoses, 1 TV show and 3 chests D:

First in Sweden to 1k Alan Wake!

Ozbaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #55
Dragonwhisp3rer

Dragonwhisp3rer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
There is one missing above, but my stats says 11. Will try and find out which one it is... Im assuming it must be a story one since Ive been pretty vigilant with this guide... If you know, please let me know. I have left off any that don't count stats wise (NY flashback, police radios, etc).
You are missing one in the 3rd episode. I have 5 there. The names of all of them are: Snyder's Feeling the Pressure,
Peabody Heard Gunfire,
Lorna Miles, Humanitarian,
Maine's Anger,
A Conversation About Love.
You can see the one you are missing if you go:
Main Menu -> Extras -> Playbacks -> Radios -> Epsode 3: Ransom.
I do not know if it is a story one or not. If this has been answered before, then ignore my post. Thanks for the list you are doing a great job!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #56
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Perhaps listing the names of the radios would help?

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #57
wesker

tasosole's Gamercard
i am missing only one manuscript page on nightmare dificulty in episode 3 please help.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #58
Trash Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesker View Post
i am missing only one manuscript page on nightmare dificulty in episode 3 please help.
Which one of the 3 NM pages are you missing?

The 1st one is just after the railway bridge, where all the stuff is being thrown at you. Before you go through the chain fence, it's on the right. If you go through the fence you have go to far.

The 2nd is just before you get into the ghost town, it's on the left on a rock. You have to turn right to go into the town, if you turn left you will see the page quite easily on a rock.

The 3rd is just after the bridge in the ghost town, in a building on the right. You can see the page through a hole in the side on the building but you need to around to get access to the page.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #59
wesker

tasosole's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Man View Post
Which one of the 3 NM pages are you missing?

The 1st one is just after the railway bridge, where all the stuff is being thrown at you. Before you go through the chain fence, it's on the right. If you go through the fence you have go to far.

The 2nd is just before you get into the ghost town, it's on the left on a rock. You have to turn right to go into the town, if you turn left you will see the page quite easily on a rock.

The 3rd is just after the bridge in the ghost town, in a building on the right. You can see the page through a hole in the side on the building but you need to around to get access to the page.
i am missing the first one where is this place is it the place you have to turn of the power and there a car there too?its on on the run or the mirror peak?nevermind i found it thanks my friend

Last edited by wesker; 05-16-2010 at 02:32 PM.
wesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #60
Trash Man

It's just after the railway bridge. The section where your walking along the bridge and objects start getting thrown at you. After you come off the bridge there is a path going towards a chain fence, off to the left and it's slightly uphill. before going through the fence follow it along to the right and this will take you to the page.

As far as I can remember there is no car near by.