PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #31
llll epic llll

llll epic llll's Gamercard
I should have a good amount of info to update here tonight and tomorrow.
llll epic llll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #32
HeavenSoldier

HeavenSoldier's Gamercard
It may be a bit late, and I checked the guide to see if it was corrected for this but, "Death Wish" doesn't have to be campaign only. I got it right after being shot in a ranked match today, and I had only been playing online matches so far today, and no campaign.

HeavenSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #33
KAA404

KAA404's Gamercard
Do kills of soldiers/VS's in online matches count towards their respective achievements?
KAA404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #34
FearlessEugene

FearlessEugene's Gamercard
nice guide Epic

FearlessEugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #35
qSasukep

chaos420666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Blade View Post
7/10 difficulty eh? This is a definitive 10/10. Its among the most demanding lists for any game. More timeconsuming than difficult but still demanding and therefore a 10. Timeconsuming is part of the difficulty, so even if all achievements would unlock on the easiest setting this would be a 10 because of the time it takes. Bayonetta is rated a 9 and was a easy and quick 1000 points compared to what this will be.
a game can be time consuming and still me easy

like played for 1000 hours~ 1000g, easy lol

but final fantasy xIII is time consuming and a little hard, id say a 7 is good , ill give you an example, Ninja Gaiden II ... enough said>? if not then you have to beat the game with like 5-10(cant remember) weapons for 5g each play through, talk about a hard game too, its long and boring and the bosses open up and beat you

p.s. -i played the demo of bayonettaand thought they were joking, pulling a matt damon on me.

good guide so far, im kinda mad at my friend telling me this game was awesome when i think its only worth $40
qSasukep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #36
llll epic llll

thanks to everyone so far for input etc...

guide has been updated with images, episode boss stuff, more video uploading now, and working on more descriptions, etc...
Old 05-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #37
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by qSasukep View Post
a game can be time consuming and still me easy

like played for 1000 hours~ 1000g, easy lol

but final fantasy xIII is time consuming and a little hard, id say a 7 is good , ill give you an example, Ninja Gaiden II ... enough said>? if not then you have to beat the game with like 5-10(cant remember) weapons for 5g each play through, talk about a hard game too, its long and boring and the bosses open up and beat you

p.s. -i played the demo of bayonettaand thought they were joking, pulling a matt damon on me.

good guide so far, im kinda mad at my friend telling me this game was awesome when i think its only worth $40
its a 9... Im sorry but it is =\

getting #1 on the leaderboard over time will become next to impossible, also getting gold on all training missions get real
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #38
The Clutch Hand

xX Gambit69 Xx's Gamercard
Nice guide!, I saw in your roadmap there were no missable or glitched achievements. , but for the achievement A collector's collector u need all the noms, wepaons etc. And if you can't get ranked number 1 on the leader board than you can't obtain that nom. Which would make that a missable achievement right?

Thanks to >AzureRevolver< for the awesome sig!!!
The Clutch Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #39
llll epic llll

hmmm, I personally don't think of that as a misable achievement. I have always thought of misable achievements as something you need to do during a single playthrough, if you don't do it you need to do another playthrough.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #40
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
re:
Thermal Energy Reactor
Accumulate a combined total of more than 99999 units of thermal energy.

i got this pretty quickly. i just stood in one of those glowing thingy to the i got all nines and it popped.

should it have? i havent finish not one run through yet.

btw, how do you use t-end to heal someone. after you equip it y+lt, what do you do?

also, can it heal a dieing enemy? just wondering about this one.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #41
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hey OP, nice guide. Just know that you put up a typo for the video on what happens with completion glitch. You put the secret area in 2-1 when the video says it's 1-2.

And one of the titles "Keeper of the Flames" says you have to "clear 300 chapters at least a week after beating the game". But what happens when the timetable passes? You can never get that again? If that's the case, then its a missable achievement.

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #42
Sabrelord

Sabr3lord's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
re:

btw, how do you use t-end to heal someone. after you equip it y+lt, what do you do?

also, can it heal a dieing enemy? just wondering about this one.

Shoot with LT to charge someones t-eng not to heal.
And u can shoot containers with it to open them.

Feel free to add,but please leave a note-no Randoms. Live - 360v - LastFM
Sabrelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #43
llll epic llll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADasaHatter View Post
Hey OP, nice guide. Just know that you put up a typo for the video on what happens with completion glitch. You put the secret area in 2-1 when the video says it's 1-2.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADasaHatter View Post
And one of the titles "Keeper of the Flames" says you have to "clear 300 chapters at least a week after beating the game". But what happens when the timetable passes? You can never get that again? If that's the case, then its a missable achievement.
It just means, wait a week and then beat 300 chapters after u beat the game. You don't have to do 300 chapters in a week.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #44
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
great guide, btw the final boss (Over-G) you don't need to weaken it to plant the GPS, often there is a rock floating at the end of each orb, you can anchor onto it and whilst holding X, press B to plant even while it's still attacking.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #45
Shugga GB

Shugga GB's Gamercard
Why is this post not a sticky?

Pipe and slippers
Shugga GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #46
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugga GB View Post
Why is this post not a sticky?
They generally only sticky guides if they have decided that the particular guide is completely true and finished. This one has a few last gaps yet.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #47
MoB Civis

Hot Shot - 15
Gain promotion to the rank of Gunner.

a list of all ranks before Gunner.

Cadet
Recruit
Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Warrant Officer
Midshipman
Junior Ensign
Ensign
Helmsman
Gunner

u need to play 8-10 h for this rank
MoB Civis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #48
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Blade View Post
7/10 difficulty eh? This is a definitive 10/10. Its among the most demanding lists for any game. More timeconsuming than difficult but still demanding and therefore a 10. Timeconsuming is part of the difficulty, so even if all achievements would unlock on the easiest setting this would be a 10 because of the time it takes. Bayonetta is rated a 9 and was a easy and quick 1000 points compared to what this will be.
I concur. At least a 9, if not then 10.

I have played a lot of games on several accounts (I go for achievements) and I say this is the hardest game I have seen so far, and lots of games I played were rated 7. Those games are easy compared to this
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #49
Black Watch

Black Watch PH's Gamercard
Has anyone been able to confirm if the NUMBER 1 Nom de Guerre counts towards any achievements?

"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading to you with tears in my eyes; If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Black Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #50
Kreten

CRO KRETEN's Gamercard
Collectors collector do you have to have even the Special Noms de Guerr (eg. Decorated Soldier - Have a Lost Planet Colonies save)
Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #51
II NeeKo

There are 42 Areas in total
Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #52
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
I thought i would toss on some tips if you want to use them ^^;; since i beat the game 400% 2x days ago...

these tips work universally, and some are just info i dont know if you added this or not so bare with me...

boss 1 (mantis guy):

Shoot off his lower 4 claws, then pull out the shotgun and blast him in the head, with the SP shotgun it takes me 2 shots to bring him down, from there toss gum nades and or keep firing with the shotgun, if you do this right you can take him down in 1 drop on easy/normal and 2 - 4 on hard/extreme

Boss 2 (salamander):

stay out of his mouth on extreme when i went in there the second time there was too many bugs!

to beat him easily, get 3 real people and at the end of the area before get the 3 man VS unit, once you go to fight him use the VS unit to blow off his legs, if you do this correctly it should take 2 mins with zero casualities

Boss 3 (akrid X):

on extreme he fires more attacks and can hit though a wall! keep in mind that 2 battle armor's ALWAYS spawn!

try to use Disc nades to take him down, and stay out of mechs... if one dies reguardless of factors thats -500 BG, if you keep up the assault on his arm, he should never lay a attack on you outside of rare quick strikes

Boss 4 (dino guys on 3-2):

once you clear the town, get the VS shotgun if you can, and wait for 1 to run, if you time it right you can nail him in the face and bring him down, then focus all your attacks on him, on average it will take 1 - 3 times like this to kill him! also once he starts charging just start jumping randomly since its hard to predict his next move!!!

Boss 5 (red eye):

Have 1 person move the cannon 180 and load 1 bullet + charge it, from there have 1 person in the plane and another on the turrets, use the chopper to tell the other where he is, and use both to unload on him, once hes down to the "last hit" use the cannon on him once his mouth opens fully on higher difficulties you usually dont have enough time to move the cannon so make sure its in place, youre free to fire it onnce or twice but try to win over doing insane damage!

Boss 6 (spider tank):

prior to fighting him get the mech to the left, if you brought the one from the area before you can fuse them, from there use that one in spider mode to open fire on the boss as the other person gets the data post/mech on thee other side, once they get the mech it should be clear sailings to kill him, aim for the armor on the legs then the legs this is the best way to kill him! if done right he will die fast!

Boss 7 (underwater akrids):

get a VS unit from the shed at the start, then go to the last area, once there where the bosses are go to the right corner and you should see the VS shotgun, only aim at the end of their tail and they should go down in no time on any difficulty if you have any problems remember that theres a VS below for 1,000 T eng

Boss 8 (prototype ship):

Summon him asap since you lose T eng underwater fast and doing anything can kill you, go to the bottom floor and you should see a ladder go to the to and youll find a VS unit, from there transform into the ship mode with the dual guns, once you do that fire at his front till you blow it up then the back, once you do this go submarine mode and unload missles on him, aim for the red hole you made in the back blowing off his armor for a quick win, if you happen to die/are on ground disc nades do a INSANE number on him

Boss 9 (spider akrid):

at the start, stand in the middle of the 2 t eng spots and you should get insane T eng, from there have the person who is NOT HOST get inside the laser and use 2,000 T eng to charge up the laser, if you do this the first shot will give you the gold (only works on the first) from there get on the turrets and blow off his legs, once hes down go to the far right and grapple on his back and find the weak spot, if you do this right the non host will get a automatic 20,000 points from the fight (only works on the non host) and you should get around 6,000

Boss 10 (nevec ship):

this works best for Exreme! have the non host get into the laser (again glitched) and make it a tier 3 shot and wait for the cannon to become operational on the other side, from there fire the tier 3 at their cannon and it will kill it in 1 shot on extreme even! from there pick off the turrets and DO NOT die in a turret, casually take out the planes and wings, once it moves to the other side charge the laser again and it will kill their laser for good, then pick off the planes, after that kill the 4 turrets then finish off the wings... from there enter the ship from the top and rain nades of them (buster help a lot, same with quick return) activate the data post when teh room is clear and hold them off, on extreme it was quite lack luster... from there exit from the top and stay ontop of the ship there shouldnt be anyone stoping you going this route which will make it easier!

boss 11 (fused mechs)

get the shotgun, asap and or the laser cannon (since you rarly find them) stay in the middle and avoid getting hit if you take damage, repairing can eat up around 2,000+ t eng easy... aim for the little ones first since their weaker, once the boss comes unload shotgun/pile bunkers on him, but keep your distance, once you get him low find a rocket/get a new mech and unload it shouldnt last more than 30 seconds hes a light weight!

Boss 12 (end boss):

equip all the T eng weapons you can and follow this path! I found it to be the best...

beat area 1
go to area 2 where he spawns in the middle sort of area, then blow up the akrid production area on the building near you to the right, once its gone theres a small room you can enter, grab the VS laser and unload ive never got hit if i hid there so it works well! once you beat him, chill in the bottom of the pool since you get the most T eng, once youre ready go to the top right, once in there activate all the data posts you can, and go to the top left (not on the building i mean the place furthest to the left, if you go where Datapost 3 is, you get a special cut scene though) once there youll fight him in a small room, try to keep where you spawn and only move to avoid attacks, he will go down fast! once down with this room you should go to the end... once there aim for 1 head nonstop and once it falls attach a GPS to it (you will be prompted) once the first one is down go for the other, once that happens run to the back and chill because you won!

Misc facts people might not know!: (cant post the buttons since i use a PS3 so if you can translate them over =D)

the mech that makes the head in the fusion, can become translucent by pushing both thumbsticks + []

the mech that you get on 5-2 can get the chainsaw arm always out by pushing the same buttons as above

losing a VS on any difficulty if you die or not, turrets all the same count as -500 BG so keep this in mind i beat 300% without knowing this so its not a big deal but it does make a difference on extreme

differences between the difficulties

easier you go theres more battle suits, and VS units... and the harder you go the less special guns you find like snipers/rockets
the easier it is the weaker the weapons usually are... and the harder its usually higher like the guy on 4-1 that snipes by the turrets has a automatic rifle
bosses go down faster on easy... and far harder on extreme
points you collect on 5-3 are more or less the same, ive got up to 27,000 on easy... its all luck
career points are far higher on extreme, the average stage on Extreme without a point add on was 15,000

helpful info:

to get level 99 as any class, it takes 999,999 career points exactly... but nothing fancy/cool happens and takes 4,999,995 to cap every class in the game... once you hit 99 all the info is replaced with --... so it would take around 166 spider runs to cap every class from 1

Monster hunter achievement:

since the person who lays the final blow (sometimes 2 people or more share it) its hard to control this, but the boss on 5-3 kill is given to whoever activates the post on their ship and runs out the clock, so try to boost it while youre there
I hope this helps ^^;; sorry if the names/boss order are off i just put them down as i remembered them i think that's all of them but put the description/name to make it easier, i don't know if you'll actually use anything but i thought i would try to give something back... as i said i am a PS3 gamer and only post here because i prefer this site to ps3trophies.org (i know same owner) so yeah...

Last edited by luke391; 05-21-2010 at 03:34 AM.
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #53
Venomized

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Yo, you need to update this guide and be more specific with achievements. You are leaving a lot fo information out.

For the kills and death achievements, you should inform people whether or not you can obtain online as well.

You should look into what areas are the quickest to complete (for the area achievements), as well for the chapter achievements.

For the Play alone online and complete 93 areas achievement, you should inform us whether or not AI team mates count as "being alone" or not.

And fix the difficulty rating already! 9/10 or 10/10.

There are other things too but u can figure it out. Anyways, I havent seen this guide updated for several days. Once you update it and the achievements become mroe clear, then congratz on the guide!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #54
qSasukep

chaos420666's Gamercard
needs a sticky please, first guide that looks good and shows the achievements.

good job, i think this game sucks but im an achievement junkie none the less.

p.s. loved lost planet
qSasukep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #55
llll epic llll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Yo, you need to update this guide and be more specific with achievements. You are leaving a lot fo information out.
Read the first line of the guide, its a work in progress.

I will be working on it more this weekend, I hope to nail down most of the guide and fill out some more details.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #56
llll epic llll

Alright guys, the basics of the guide are completed. Me and Deejayc have dedicated ourselves to getting 1K in this game, so I will continue to add more and more stuff into the guide, as well as posting more videos I have.

If anyone wants to add something or see something they think is wrong, please let me know, thanks.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #57
Dead Herb

Dead Herb's Gamercard
Good guide so far but I'd suggest 5-3 for maxing the characters to 99, on hard you reap 50k and extreme you get 60k even normals 40k the chapters shorter than 5-2 and its not split into 2 parts + you get the box drops on the countdown thus knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone.
Easily doable 2 player having the host feeding the gunner T-Eng the whole time so your forever getting full beams then once the ships destroyed 1 attacks and 1 defends til the minutes up.

Last edited by Dead Herb; 05-22-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Dead Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 PM   #58
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Holy crap! What a ridiculous list. Should've took a look at this guide before I rented it. Oh well, one playthrough I'm sure will be enough for me. Nice guide by the way.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #59
Venomized

Quote:
Originally Posted by llll epic llll View Post
Alright guys, the basics of the guide are completed. Me and Deejayc have dedicated ourselves to getting 1K in this game, so I will continue to add more and more stuff into the guide, as well as posting more videos I have.

If anyone wants to add something or see something they think is wrong, please let me know, thanks.
Nice update. The guide is looking pretty good so far. But if you could answer the questions in the post I made somewhere above, I'd appreciate it. I am really wondering about the AREA achievements (if AI counts as alone or not).
Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #60
llll epic llll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
I am really wondering about the AREA achievements (if AI counts as alone or not).
I am pretty sure you can use AI. If anyone can confirm this I will add it into the guide.