PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #61
llll epic llll

llll epic llll's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Herb View Post
Good guide so far but I'd suggest 5-3 for maxing the characters to 99, on hard you reap 50k and extreme you get 60k even normals 40k the chapters shorter than 5-2 and its not split into 2 parts + you get the box drops on the countdown thus knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone.
Easily doable 2 player having the host feeding the gunner T-Eng the whole time so your forever getting full beams then once the ships destroyed 1 attacks and 1 defends til the minutes up.

I'll have to give this a shot, I don't recall getting that many points in 5-3. Would be nice to do the boxes and the points at the same time though.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #62
Dead Herb

Dead Herb's Gamercard
Try this set up on 5-3 this is how I got all mine to 99..

2 player on any difficulty (the harder the better more xp and credits) with no AI just be sure that the gunner does all the damage to the other ship you do not have to destroy the turrets or choppers for it to effect the xp but obviously destroy them anyway so as your host mate feeding you T-Eng doesn't have to deal with them,from there its just a case of listening to the laser charge up (twice for a full beam) and let rip.
On the attack/defend part I defended while my mate attacked I'd sit by the door near the data post with a 12 round VS rocket launcher while my mate would latch across to the top of the other ship (easier than going down the bottom-no enemies) and would rocket the VS from up top while launching grenades down to deal with soldiers,then its just holding out for the minute once activated,
when thats counted down the defender runs over for the pressies job done.
As the gunner did all the work destroying the other ship they get 20k with a total of 40k/nomal 48k/hard 60k/extreme once you get the pattern down its easy on extreme and you'd be looking at around 18 or so runs for the million xp.

Last edited by Dead Herb; 05-23-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Dead Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #63
Hypersomniac

Hypersomniac's Gamercard
I heard that for the slot machine you don't need to go the dashboard. I heard that you could Sign Out and Sign in for the same result
Hypersomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #64
Giof007

Giof 007's Gamercard
I finished the game, and the achievement didn't pop up. So, I read the guide! The thing I would like to know is this, do I have to play through the entire game again, or by passing it on the same difficulty level, will it just pop up when I finish the secret area in Ep 1 chap 2?

Thanks guys! Great job on the guide!
Giof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #65
PureTechniquex

Send a message via Skype™ to PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giof007 View Post
I finished the game, and the achievement didn't pop up. So, I read the guide! The thing I would like to know is this, do I have to play through the entire game again, or by passing it on the same difficulty level, will it just pop up when I finish the secret area in Ep 1 chap 2?

Thanks guys! Great job on the guide!
Yeah simply complete the Hidden Route Chapter and the achievement will unlock.
PureTechniquex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #66
Giof007

Giof 007's Gamercard
Thanks! Will try it out tomorrow morning!
Giof007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #67
Gonzo345

Gonzo345's Gamercard
Hi people!

Nice, very nice guide! Me and my friends have just completed the game on every difficulty but I'm worry about the world records.

Do we need to beat a concrete world record, who it isn't updated (established with the game) or do we need to beat a world record at "X" stage on practice? This would mean that will be a moment that it could be IMPOSSIBLE TO GET, right?

Gonzo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #68
llll epic llll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo345 View Post
Do we need to beat a concrete world record, who it isn't updated (established with the game) or do we need to beat a world record at "X" stage on practice? This would mean that will be a moment that it could be IMPOSSIBLE TO GET, right?

I think I just blew a fuse trying to understand that. That either doesn't make sense or I am really tired.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #69
Gonzo345

Gonzo345's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by llll epic llll View Post
I think I just blew a fuse trying to understand that. That either doesn't make sense or I am really tired.
lol man

My english is very poor, so what I was trying to say was that if the world records are continuously being updated, this would be finally impossible!

Thanks for all, llll epic llll
Gonzo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #70

CFouR9's Gamercard
Me Against The World-You can obtain this using AI partners. I played with the settings: online co-op, and kept 3 "private" slots and 3 AI the entire time.
9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #71
llll epic llll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9999 View Post
Me Against The World-You can obtain this using AI partners. I played with the settings: online co-op, and kept 3 "private" slots and 3 AI the entire time.
Thanks, I have had other people tell me that as well. I willl put that into the guide.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #72
uther2000

uther2000's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Excellent work !
Thank you !
Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #73
MajorBertolli

Major Bertolli's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
If I may offer my two cents....for Quintuple Factionalism I have found that killing the Overland Battleship on 5-3 is much faster than killing the Over-G in 5-2. In 5-3, if done under 10 minutes (very easy to do if you superscharge charge the cannon) the Cannon Gunner gets without Superstar 10k-20k but with the ability it jumps to 25k-36k. Everyone else should get around 6-10k.
The fastest is in this order according to what I have been doing:
1. Take out the Gun then move the beam to the closet wing.

2. Take out the 2nd and 3rd (sometimes 4th) wing which is possible with a mid-powered Charge.

3. If you take out the 4th wing then skip this. Take out the 4th Wing

4. Charge your shot and wait for the first wave of Helicopters. Take them out as fast as possible.

5. At that point, the opposing gun will be repaired. Take it out for the final time. And Recharge your shot.

6. Take out the last two waves of Heli and prepare to board.

7. Have 2 people attack and 2 people defend.
After activating the opposing post, at about 15 seconds, leave the ship.

Its worth noting however that when the opposing ships is counting down for self destruct, a large quantity of Credit Cubes spawn around the Command Post. So its also a good way to complete the slot machine fairly quickly as well.

Thanks Cacky for the sig, still using it after a year
MajorBertolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #74
Fat Gandalf

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Herb View Post
Try this set up on 5-3 this is how I got all mine to 99..

2 player on any difficulty (the harder the better more xp and credits) with no AI just be sure that the gunner does all the damage to the other ship you do not have to destroy the turrets or choppers for it to effect the xp but obviously destroy them anyway so as your host mate feeding you T-Eng doesn't have to deal with them,from there its just a case of listening to the laser charge up (twice for a full beam) and let rip.
On the attack/defend part I defended while my mate attacked I'd sit by the door near the data post with a 12 round VS rocket launcher while my mate would latch across to the top of the other ship (easier than going down the bottom-no enemies) and would rocket the VS from up top while launching grenades down to deal with soldiers,then its just holding out for the minute once activated,
when thats counted down the defender runs over for the pressies job done.
As the gunner did all the work destroying the other ship they get 20k with a total of 40k/nomal 48k/hard 60k/extreme once you get the pattern down its easy on extreme and you'd be looking at around 18 or so runs for the million xp.
If i could add to this as i helped Dead Herb do this and was the attacker . I recommend a set up as gold rifle , machine gun 2 , any heavy really , buster grenades , recovery 1 and defence 1 . When you get to the attacking stage as stated go across from the top clear the floor before dropping down . As soon as clear drop down activate post and head off to the left door where you enter if you go bottom route . Ideally you should have with you gold rifle and machine gun 2 with a few buster grenades left . Just keep going from left to right defending post until countdown starts . You should have cleared most the room by then so storm in clear up remaining and enjoy the crates . If you have got the cheeve for the crates then i suggest as soon as the countdown starts just head back to your ship and try and grenade your mate of the ship
Fat Gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #75
PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by llll epic llll View Post
I am pretty sure you can use AI. If anyone can confirm this I will add it into the guide.
I can confirm that AI bots count towards the achievement because i got it earlier with 3 bots enabled, also a guy in my friendlist said he also unlocked it with bots, so you should add that to guide.

Edit: sorry i missed the comment above who confirmed it too.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #76
llll epic llll

Added some stuff about boosting for points and credits at the bottom of the guide. If anyone has anything else to add to this let me know.

Last edited by llll epic llll; 05-27-2010 at 04:21 AM.
llll epic llll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:42 AM   #77
Io Haze oI

Send a message via MSN to Io Haze oI

HaZxMat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You can update the Professional Turncoat to it definatley being 3 seperate factions in faction matches.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #78
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io Haze oI View Post
You can update the Professional Turncoat to it definatley being 3 seperate factions in faction matches.
explain please.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #79
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
explain please.
3 weeks minimal
pick a different faction each week
????
profit
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #80
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke391 View Post
3 weeks minimal
pick a different faction each week
????
profit
and just play 1 match as the 3 different fraction ? or play multiple matches as that faction?

when do the fractions change/ what day?

thanx.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #81
venne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGeek View Post
and just play 1 match as the 3 different fraction ? or play multiple matches as that faction?

when do the fractions change/ what day?

thanx.
when you click from the main menu online/faction match, it tells you how many days are left, there are still like 3 in this weeks, so if you havent yet, play a match.
venne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #82
DJEYBLACK

Mr Black GX's Gamercard
to make a guide like deserve a good job

DJEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #83
VIPER PILOT

THE HEAD BEAGLE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfStorm30 View Post
id agree with the 10/10 difficulty as well, this game is seriously tought, especially from 2.3 onwards, ive dropped down to easy due to either smashing the game or my controller
lmao totally agree, I've had to stop myself hurling my controler through the wall several times! This game is beast.
VIPER PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #84
VIPER PILOT

THE HEAD BEAGLE's Gamercard
Honeymoon Period - 20
Celebrate your six-month anniversary with LOST PLANET 2.

If you don't feel like waiting six months for this achievement, you can do the following...

-Unplug your xbox from xbox live (disconnect wire or disable wireless)
-From the dashboard go to... Myxbox > System Settings > Console Settings > Clock > Date and Time
-Adjust your clock to six months from now, or when you bought the game, doesn't matter
-Then just load up the game (still offline), load profile, achievement will pop after profile loads

Credit for posting this goes to Aussie Revhead, and the original post and discussion on the topic can be found HERE.[/QUOTE]

I forwarded my clock 50 years on Xbox and I got 3 billion gold on Fable II

VIPER PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #85
Full Metal COS

Full Metal COS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
To add to the "professional Turncoat" achievement, this is just for choosing a faction 3 times during faction match. You don't need to even play in that round and it does not need to be a different faction (I got my achievement after choosing femme fatales for the second time), so it does definately take 3 weeks to get. As an aside not only do you not need to play in the round to get this achievement, but you dont need to play to get the noms de guerre related to faction matches, so just choose the faction that is winning in the most groups every sunday, just before the round closes. Its always nice to get something for nothing.
Peace.
Full Metal COS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #86
PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER PILOT View Post
Honeymoon Period - 20
Celebrate your six-month anniversary with LOST PLANET 2.

If you don't feel like waiting six months for this achievement, you can do the following...

-Unplug your xbox from xbox live (disconnect wire or disable wireless)
-From the dashboard go to... Myxbox > System Settings > Console Settings > Clock > Date and Time
-Adjust your clock to six months from now, or when you bought the game, doesn't matter
-Then just load up the game (still offline), load profile, achievement will pop after profile loads

Credit for posting this goes to Aussie Revhead, and the original post and discussion on the topic can be found HERE.
People who do this should get there gamerscore reset.

Its cheating because your not fullfilling the achievement requirement which is to have the game for 6 months.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #87
MajorBertolli

Major Bertolli's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The people that do it on purpose are cheating. This achievement is glitchy beyond reason. You could get it in 6 minutes or 6 months according to what people or saying. I got mine completly by accident. I was playing off live for a few days since I did not have any internet then when
I plug back into live I get the achievment. So people who get this achievment by accident are going to have to suffer as well if everything is whiped.

Thanks Cacky for the sig, still using it after a year
MajorBertolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #88
PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBertolli View Post
The people that do it on purpose are cheating. This achievement is glitchy beyond reason. You could get it in 6 minutes or 6 months according to what people or saying. I got mine completly by accident. I was playing off live for a few days since I did not have any internet then when
I plug back into live I get the achievment. So people who get this achievment by accident are going to have to suffer as well if everything is whiped.
Haha nice excuse, you happened to get it offline lmao.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #89
CARABOO

I can confirm that you must complete the entire Chapter 1-2 [not area] in order to get any Difficulty Achievement.

I tried completing the area alone and that's no good.
CARABOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #90
PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARABOO View Post
I can confirm that you must complete the entire Chapter 1-2 [not area] in order to get any Difficulty Achievement.

I tried completing the area alone and that's no good.
Well you obviously need to complete the chapter,
because it saves your progress after each chapter, not area.