PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #31
Solarus

Solarus755's Gamercard
I'm stuck on guy's Trial 22. I can do the first 2 parts, but when I try to link crouching light kick into light bushin senpukyaku, I'm either too far away for it to hit, or It won't let me use it before he blocks. Any advice?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. You can link the crouch kick into senpukyaku REALLY fast afterwards. Since you're already crouched, just quarter circle left.

Last edited by Solarus; 05-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Solarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #32
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
I also have a more general question. How do you do shoryuken's for characters that having crouching links --> shoryuken --> whatever. I have an impossible time doing this. I don't know whats wrong, but having full super renders the DF DF shortcut absolutely useless, as it comes out instead of the special move. I would have Ken, Seth, Cammy and Dan done right now if I could figure out how to do those links correctly.

ShinobiRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #33
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
What you have to push is forward, QC (quarter circle) forward. Since you're ducking, you're probably doing a down-forward QCF . This makes you do a hadouken or sometimes a super instead. Note, I am use a controller for this, so I'm not sure how well these will work for a stick.

There's a few things you can do. Firstly, to do a shoryuken, after the duck kick or whatever, let go of stick completely to reset it back, then do a F QCF. This should have one come out, You can also do the down-forward, down-forward shortcut, but again, you have to let the stick reset back to the center. Worst comes to worst, you can also just do two QCFs. For some reason, this more times than not, brings out a shoryuken during a ducking part of a combo.

I also have a question, is there any easy way to pull off 100 hand slaps on a controller? I did everyone's trails, (besides the first four, I started backwards ) but two of E.Honda's back set are giving me a hard time, since it's kind of hard to do a light punch into a hard 100 slap with a controller. I haven't tried it all too much yet, but I would like some tips to save me some trouble.

Last edited by Zee; 05-16-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #34
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
For the hundred hands, I don't know if this helps much because I do charge characters all on my stick, but when playing online to do hundred hands I just buffer the rapid press during another move. Honda's links aren't so long, so I would just hover my finger above RB and mash on it during the move before you need it. Trying it right now, that seems to work ok.

On a side note, you have done all the rest on your controller? Thats amazing how were you doing the high-jump cancel combos on it ( I did two of C.Vipers hardest ones, 21 and 23, but can't get the high jump cancel ultra for her or Ibuki)

Last edited by ShinobiRain; 05-16-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #35
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Yep, all on controller. I'm just too used to it for street fighter. I got a stick, but I'm just more comfortable with the controller. I just grew up on it, especially for street fighter.

Anyway, for Ibuki, I did a full circle, staring from down, and then adding a QCF once reaching the 360. so a 450 degree circle. Once I complete the circle, I hit the kick button. Practice doing this combined with the move right before the high jump. This should net you the ultra every time.

For C.Viper's, I did it on the right side instead of the left side. The circle thing for Ibuki doesn't work with C.Viper's 22. With the controller, you can move the stick into the down and forward position (right side only, it will be down and back left) by moving you're thumb from left to right. Basicly, I did the combo, then spammed that thumb movement right when I hit the punch button. So if all else fails, use the controller, try this.

C.vipers 22 is one of the only trail they made harder out of the SFIV's cast. Although, E. Honda's slap combos are a little annoying so far, I did them all but 24 so far, so I should be able to get it soon.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #36
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiRain View Post
I also have a more general question. How do you do shoryuken's for characters that having crouching links --> shoryuken --> whatever. I have an impossible time doing this. I don't know whats wrong, but having full super renders the DF DF shortcut absolutely useless, as it comes out instead of the special move. I would have Ken, Seth, Cammy and Dan done right now if I could figure out how to do those links correctly.
Crouching shoryukens on a fightstick has a very simple input shortcut that's practically the same as DF,DF but doesn't require the awkward tapping where it goes back to neutral- it's DF,D,DF (or even DF,D,DB,D,DF!) A super combo won't come out using this shortcut even if you do DF,D,DF,D,DF,D,DF,D,DF etc so it's a very reliable method to use in crouching combos; if you're getting a super go into training mode and turn show inputs on, because a super with this method *will* require a direct-forward input in there somewhere (to be honest, I thought this was the case with the DF,DF shortcut as well- what combo are you doing where you're getting a super come out, have you checked it in training mode to make sure you're not inputting directly forwards at some point?).

Note that this shortcut doesn't exist in most SF games though, so if you play others in the series you'll be better off using Zee's no-shortcut methods, it'll make you much more consistent when swapping between them.

I can't for the life of me find a ghetto button config that is helping with Honda's #24, even changing the four face buttons to punches and piano'ing isn't giving me success. I'll ask a guy on my friends list how he did it on a pad, but in the meanwhile you might just be better doing that one on your stick Zee (piano c.lp, c.hp, c.mp, c.lp, chp or slide c.lp, c.mp, c.lp, c.mp, c.hp to get HP hands come out). If you get it beforehand please post your method in here, I think that might end up being one of the harder ones for pad players haha.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #37
TheGlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
Give a shout if you want more details but hell, you're a better player than me haha.
I dunno if Im better. I was unemployed and had time to drop in the first one. Im usually good with repetitive annoying things.
And I dont recall if we ever got around to playing matches.
As for Sakuras shouken, I tried canceling at a lot of diff points. So its a cancel dash, no hitting them with the move, right?
and I remember one of them vipers being a lil easier with the extra hit in it.
this games just funny on the detection sometimes.
Like cammys 3x air drill kicks. sometimes you can tiger knee them, and sometimes I have to tiger knee but then roll it a hint to bring it to back.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #38
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
You guys have been a big help so far. I have managed to complete 92% of the trials so far, with none taking too long to do. So far, my best has been Rose's 24, which I thought was fairly hard . The shoryuken shortcut really helped me Didi, as I finished Seth and Dan as soon as I read your post. I just kept the joystick jammed down, as apparently going above that position counts as forward. I'm going to post a lot of trial questions, so if anyone knows any tips for any, that would be awesome.

Ryu 24 - Links are super hard to get to work, any ideas?

Guile's - Flash kick to super and sonic boom to super - what does the input look like?

Balrog's LP LK Headbutt - can do the dash uppers fine everytime, but can never get the headbutt to come out

Rufus 23 - Again, links are rediculous, any good spacing or timing tips?

Cody - 24 - FADC in LP is just rediculous timing

C.Viper and Ibuki high jump ultra cancels - What should my inputs look like on a stick or controller?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #39
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

For Guile's flash kick to super, you have to input DB, D, DF, F, UF+LK, DB, B, UB+LK. So do his super's motion, but go a little more up, then hit the kick button. After that, cut across the controller and do the rest of the motion. Guile should do a flash kick then right away do the super.
For the Sonic boom, it's the same thing but don't add the UF, punch at F. Remeber to charge!

Ibuki's should be D, DF, F, UF, U , UB, B, DB, D, DF, F + PPP. Start the motion during the last move before the high jump, again, just practice it first. Once you get the hand of it, it should go off every time.

Again, this doesn't work for Vipers, so for her, you have to spam the hell out of it. Try spamming a D, UF, D, UF, motion starting once you hit punch. and add the PPP once the punch lands. You have to be quick.

For Balrog's, I charged the headbutt by holding DB, then did a DB, B, UB+P ,B motion. This should allow you to keep your charge for the super or ultra, if you don't let go of your stick, and hold it back. Also, make sure you don't start the motion until after you press the move before it, or it won't come out.

For links, there the biggest pain. You just have to get in the rhythm for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
I can't for the life of me find a ghetto button config that is helping with Honda's #24, even changing the four face buttons to punches and piano'ing isn't giving me success. I'll ask a guy on my friends list how he did it on a pad, but in the meanwhile you might just be better doing that one on your stick Zee (piano c.lp, c.hp, c.mp, c.lp, chp or slide c.lp, c.mp, c.lp, c.mp, c.hp to get HP hands come out). If you get it beforehand please post your method in here, I think that might end up being one of the harder ones for pad players haha.
Thanks, I'll try this out if I can't get it, So far, jumping into the MP seems to help. since I can add a few punches in the air, but not as much as in 23, since you can also add punches during two punches he does from the MP.

Last edited by Zee; 05-16-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #40
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
There's supposed to be shortcut for Guile's combo but I never got it working :s the way I did it:

Flash kick into super is a matter of strict timing and getting the max amount of charge. So basically do the flash kick, then charge DB and hold it until the last possible second, then just do your super motion as you normally would. Might want to practice this first to get the timing down properly.

Sonic boom into super, as I did it: charge DB, f+HP, 360 until UF + K. So basically you incorporate the punch (or sonic boom) into your super motion.

For Balrog it's really a big help if you watch the YouTube vids for the rhythm. It's pretty much: tap*tapTAP**tap*tapTAP**ultra. So a very slight pause in between 2x LP or LK-LP and then no pause for either the forward dash or headbutt links. Remember to keep holding backwards for the ultra and hold HK after doing the ultra in the corner so he uppercuts.

Ibuki and C. Viper basically ask for you to input the (forward) jump along with your ultra movement. So that's QFC to UF + QFC. For Ibuki's 24 that's: cLK*cLP*LKMK (just before you press sLK you should already start the altered ultra motion)QFC to UF, QFC + 3K. If done correctly, your ultra should come out when sMK has just hit. Very hard to type out, but once you get the fluid motion down, you should be fine.

Viper's high jump cancels from the EX ground pound move (forgot name ) aren't quite as iffy to pull off, you just press down + UF so she jumps forward and then immediately get the QCB + HK for her flame kick.

Sorry to say I have no good tips for links, as they took me fucking ages to get them right myself.

Edit: DAMN MY SLOW TYPING SKILLS!

Last edited by Dennoman; 05-16-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #41
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
Alright, thanks guys, I got Balrog finished, and practiced high-jump cancelling on my stick. I had a lot of trouble getting the ultra to come out instead of the shoryuken motion kick, and when it did it was too late. So I think tomorrow I will start pad practice for that. And thanks for the tips for Guile, will try him tomorrow.

On a side note, 95.08 % done

Last thing - Ibuki's 22 - I can't even do the stand light punch crouch medium punch by itself, with or without turbo. Is there a spacing issue with that?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #42
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
Well done Shinobi... Although theoretically you can't have 95.08%, only 95.00% or 95.12%. I'm having trouble with Ryu's #21 (s.mp, fadc, s.mp, fadc, s.mp, shoryuken) and Ken's #19 (h.shoryuken, fadc, h.shoryuken, fadc, h.shoryuken). Any help with those?
TheMaster328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #43
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster328 View Post
Well done Shinobi... Although theoretically you can't have 95.08%, only 95.00% or 95.12%. I'm having trouble with Ryu's #21 (s.mp, fadc, s.mp, fadc, s.mp, shoryuken) and Ken's #19 (h.shoryuken, fadc, h.shoryuken, fadc, h.shoryuken). Any help with those?
FADC'ing is just a basic thing you sort of need to master before starting the trials. For Ryu's in particular it's very tricky to get the timing right, but you need to establish a rhythm for the entire combo rather than worry about frame-specific timing to much. The combo will come out once you get the timing right. Just do the MP into M.SRK a bunch of times to make sure it's engrained into your muscle memory, then do the MP FADC links and let it rip Kinda the same as Abel 24 in that respect.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #44
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
Thanks for that, Dennoman. Will try tomorrow... I'm not a novice with FADC, just the timing is crazy for those! I only have 40 trials left!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #45
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Yeah don't worry about it we've all had our share of near-impossible trials, believe you me I sure as hell had mine. Ryu 22 (if that's the MP link one) was hellish for me. I also hate the basic hits into super moves ones, those cost me dearly. You wouldn't believe how badly I cursed the makers of this game when I was doing El Fuerte 23 for the millionth time over.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #46
UltraMagnus1780

UltraMagnus1780's Gamercard
For Ibuki's # 24 I did Croutching LK, Croutching LP, Down-Downforward LK, Forward MK, then Down-Downforward-Forward-Up KKK. Used the D-Pad for this one. I alternate between the D-Pad and my SFIV fightstick depending on the trial.

Problem I have is C.Viper number 22, and 24. I did them BOTH on SFIV as I have 1000 GS on that one.... but for some reason they are eluding me on this one. Earlier someone said that they made her # 22 HARDER?? WTF??!! is that true? IF so can someone give me some idea as to how to go about it? With the D-Pad or Stick doesn't matter. Thanks.
UltraMagnus1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:56 AM   #47
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
Hey man, if your giving me a good job, I'm giving you a good job as well. We are both around the same percentage, but I'm sure the rest look as daunting to you as to me. The trials I have left are bound to give me nightmares . I seriously go to sleep thinking how I can do a trial or what my timings should be. I have Ryu MP --> FADC --> MP to do as well, although that doesn't scare me as much as Ryu 24, or Ken's 24 or his light punch heavy punch hadoken FADC combo #20 I think? I'm sure you will get it soon man. Just keep on hammering away.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:29 AM   #48
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Just did E.Honda's and Chun-Li's. Only Ryu and Ken to go
Quote:
If you get it beforehand please post your method in here, I think that might end up being one of the harder ones for pad players haha.
Well I posted , Here's how I got it. Jump into Dan, then press MP 3 times, LP 2 then spam HP, all while holding back. Once the 100 hand slap starts, do the super's motion. I wasn't really paying attention when I got it lol, so it may be a little off. I just noticed that I got it and spammed my super. Thankfully, it was just in time before I couldn't cancel into it anymore. the three MPs and one of the LPs should be durning the one MP animation, while the second LP should connect, then that's when you spam HP.

I guess this is the closest thing to piano-ing on a pad. Just make sure there's no huge gaps between the presses. I suggest moving you're index finger's point onto the bumper and tap it. It seemed to help me.

All and all, I'm glad they made connecting from the spam moves (100 hand slap, Chun-Li's kicks, Gens punchs etc..) easier. They were a pain before.

Last edited by Zee; 05-17-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:39 AM   #49
UltraMagnus1780

Quote:
Hey man, if your giving me a good job, I'm giving you a good job as well. We are both around the same percentage, but I'm sure the rest look as daunting to you as to me. The trials I have left are bound to give me nightmares . I seriously go to sleep thinking how I can do a trial or what my timings should be. I have Ryu MP --> FADC --> MP to do as well, although that doesn't scare me as much as Ryu 24, or Ken's 24 or his light punch heavy punch hadoken FADC combo #20 I think? I'm sure you will get it soon man. Just keep on hammering away.

Yeah I need Ryu and Ken #24 as well, also #24 with Cody. Then #22 and #24 with C.Viper... and # 23 and #24 with Dan.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 AM   #50
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Ryu 24. You can use a heavy shoryuken right after dash of saving cancel. And cancel the shoryuken again. You should have a lot of time to make a metsu shoryuken.

Ken 24 and Viper 24. You need to practice D-DB-B just right after jump. You have to make it fast so you won't jump too high.
In Ken 24 I use vertical jump.
In Viper 24 I use forward jump 'cause it looks too far for a vertical jump.
A tip for Viper 24 is set a button = 'LP+MP+HP', so you can use it as HP (because HP has high priority), 2 button cancel, ex move, and ultra.

Abel 24. It's all about timing, especially F+MK F -> HP. You have to hit it twice in this combo. A tip is you only have to input 1 F to cancel F+MK.

Cody 24. The timing to cancel Cody's cyclone is a little different. You have to wait a while(compare with Ryu/Ken. If you can got this you almost done.

Edit: ShinobiRain you're right. I correct it and add some.

Last edited by Lyre220; 05-17-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Lyre220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:39 AM   #51
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
Just to say thanks again, before going to bed tonight the allure of trial challenges got me, and within the span of 20 minutes I did Cody 24 and Ken 20 on my controller. Those were two of the hardest that I was not looking forward to doing. Thanks again for the help.

Lyre - I think for your last tip you meant Abel.

Magus - Yeah man, Dan wasn't so bad, especially 24 where you can just focus attack inbetween the links. No where near as horrifying as C.Viper 22.

Last edited by ShinobiRain; 05-17-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #52
UltraMagnus1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyre220 View Post
Ryu 24. You can use a heavy shoryuken right after dash of saving cancel. And cancel the shoryuken again. You should have a lot of time to make a metsu shoryuken.

Ken 24 and Viper 24. You need to practice D-DB-B just right after jump. You have to make it fast so you won't jump too high.
In Ken 24 I use vertical jump.
In Viper 24 I use forward jump 'cause it looks too far for a vertical jump.
A tip for Viper 24 is set a button = 'LP+MP+HP', so you can use it as HP (because HP has high priority), 2 button cancel, ex move, and ultra.

Cody 24. It's all about timing, especially F+MK F -> HP. You have to hit it twice in this combo. A tip is you only have to input 1 F to cancel F+MK.
The Ryu #24, I can't get past the crMK (it just wiffs Dan everytime), I am sure I could do the Haydoken FC Metsu Shoryuken as that has been Ryu's Bread and Butter since birth....

I did them all in SFIV, so its just having to time it up again to redo them, but in SFIV I DID use a straight UP jump for Ken...

And I Think you Mean Abel #24 with the description you have there.... In which case I have already done his. BUT on a note, I found thta holding Back on the D-Pad made the HP after the Forward Forward MK made linking the HP ALOT easier... cause there was nothing worse then getting to the end of the dammned thing just to watch Dan block the last HP....
Old 05-17-2010, 04:12 AM   #53
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
I correct my last post, and here is my tip for Viper 22.
Maybe someone has posted it.
Make the first QCF with LP, so the all input is
Jump HK -> LK -> D DF F+LP -> D DF F UF+3P

And I have a cheap trick for Ibuki 24.
Rotate your stick clockwise 45
So all your D DF F become DF F UF.
Then you can input like a "normal" ultra after MK.
Of course you still need practice the timing.

Last edited by Lyre220; 05-17-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Lyre220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #54
Didi Mau

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
I dunno if Im better. I was unemployed and had time to drop in the first one. Im usually good with repetitive annoying things.
And I dont recall if we ever got around to playing matches.
As for Sakuras shouken, I tried canceling at a lot of diff points. So its a cancel dash, no hitting them with the move, right?
You're correct, the combo is just a FADC out of the shouoken with no hit/crumple from the focus I've attempted to land a crumple out of them to see if it can make the combo easier but I've not been able to manage it, so doubt it's possible.

I don't think we ever did get around to some matches, but I've seen a bunch of your replays and am absolutely terrible against Gief haha; I was in G2-D for SF4 championship, so you're much better than me! Hopefully we'll meet up in one of the Scorehero endless matches, though they typically hold them after I'm asleep

Quote:
Guile's - Flash kick to super and sonic boom to super - what does the input look like?
Rufus 23 - Again, links are rediculous, any good spacing or timing tips?
C.Viper and Ibuki high jump ultra cancels - What should my inputs look like on a stick or controller?
Last thing - Ibuki's 22 - I can't even do the stand light punch crouch medium punch by itself, with or without turbo. Is there a spacing issue with that?
The input shortcuts for triangle motions (DB,DF,DB,UF) are that the engine allows any type of forward in place of the DF; abusing this, the shortcut for Guile's flashkick into super is charge DB, UF+K (flash kick comes out here), then immediately DB, UF+K again (super comes out here)- think of it like Balrog's dash punches into super, only diagonally vertical instead of horizontal. The input for sonic boom into super is charge DB, F+P (boom comes out here), DB, UF+K (super comes out here).

In the case of Viper's ultra 1, the input for a high jump cancel into ultra by itself is D,QCF,QCF,UF+PPP. The easiest way to practice this is to go into training mode with Viper's U1, and perform them off a c.hp as that move gives the most hitstun to allow time to input the motion and combo the ultra. Note that you can't hold down in advance for HJC's, you have to tap down at the last moment possible, and also that it's best to NOT have a max super bar when doing the combo as Viper's super combo loves to gain priority over the ultra and come out instead haha.

Ibuki's s.lp, c.mp combo is a spacing independant link, you're correct. If Ibuki is too close to the opponent, she strikes with her elbow, whilst if she's farther from them she strikes with her palm- for s.lp, c.mp you use the fs.lp (far standing). Luckily, #22's c.lk, c.lp pushes you back into fs.lp range, so it's only a problem if you're practicing the s.lp, c.mp link by itself. It's also probably obvious but still worth mentioning, the c.mp into heavy neckbreaker will come out without a directly-backwards input as long as you do DB,D,DF,F+HP, so when doing the trial hold DB for the c.mp rather than just down.

I can't really help in words for trials that only really require link timing I'm afraid, they pretty much come down to trial and error. If you jump in deep with Rufus' j.hp his #23 auto-spaces you so don't worry about that being a factor, the c.mk whiffing just means the link was too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster328 View Post
I'm having trouble with Ryu's #21 (s.mp, fadc, s.mp, fadc, s.mp, shoryuken) and Ken's #19 (h.shoryuken, fadc, h.shoryuken, fadc, h.shoryuken). Any help with those?
I do have a tip for Ken's #19 actually! I was going to say there wasn't much to describe but I just tried it out and found one haha. I originally did this combo FADC'ing off of the first hit of the shoryuken each time, which is pretty fast to do in a row repeatedly. However, Ken can FADC off of later hits of his shoryuken, so you can make the inputs slower on your fingers by doing heavy shoryuken, FADC on the first hit, heavy shoryuken, FADC on the second hit (which will launch dan into the air), and then juggle him with the third heavy shoryuken. If you do this midscreen, pause a moment for the third shoryuken otherwise you'll whiff- if you do it in a corner though the pause is not necessary.

I have no tips for Ryu #21 I'm afraid, it's just making sure you don't hold forward in advance otherwise he'll do his overhead punch instead of s.mp. It's essentially a link combo, so trial and error for the timing is all you can really do

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus1780 View Post
Problem I have is C.Viper number 22, and 24. I did them BOTH on SFIV as I have 1000 GS on that one.... but for some reason they are eluding me on this one. Earlier someone said that they made her # 22 HARDER?? WTF??!! is that true? IF so can someone give me some idea as to how to go about it? With the D-Pad or Stick doesn't matter. Thanks.
They made her #22 harder, but you can make it easier so it pretty much becomes the same as her old SF4 one the trial wants you to hjc ultra off of a s.lk, so just combo the s.lk into a c.lp or c.mp and hjc ultra off of that instead haha. C.mp gives you more time to buffer the hjc ultra input than c.lp, but c.lp is easier to link off the s.lk so it's your choice on which move would be better for you to add (I used c.lp because even though c.mp isn't THAT hard a link, I'd rather know the c.lp is always going to come out so I can focus on quickly doing the hjc).

For her 24th, as I mentioned earlier in the thread that's now easier than before because as long as the high jump, burning kick connects the combo will count (whereas in SF4 you had to hjc the burning kick for it to count even though the hit connects in both cases). The only hard part now is the fierce feint fierce, though that's still not exactly easy haha.

Anyway, the easiest method for #24 is probably abusing the PPP button. For the c.hp, thunder knuckle cancel, c.hp, ex seismo use only two buttons, HP and PPP. The HP is used only once for the thunder knuckle; PPP will do the c.hp's, the thunder knuckle cancel and the ex seismo. Input is D+PPP (c.hp), QCB+HP (knuckle), PPP (cancel), DF+PPP (c.hp), D, DF+PPP (ex seismo)- when you said stick, do you mean fightstick or analogue stick on a pad? If you're using pad, replace the DF,D,DF seismo shortcut for DF,DF or whatever is easier. The hardest part with this is pressing the buttons at the correct time, the directional inputs themselves are fairly simplistic but there's a lot going on which can throw you off your rhythm; just remember the order is PPP, HP, PPP, PPP, PPP and keep an eye out for the correct moments to press them.

Once you've got to the ex seismo just high jump forwards into a burning kick, the combo isn't penalised for not hjc'ing the bk anymore. Remember to pause a moment before inputting the ultra or it will whiff! You really don't want to mess it up at this point haha
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #55
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Well I only have Ryu left now , Sadly, i got tons of work to do, so the last few challenges will have to wait

Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #56
UltraMagnus1780

The SFIV Fightstick.... thought I said that??
Old 05-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #57
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
As I only have 33 trials remaining, I thought I'd list them here and you can contribute tips for me on the ones you've done. Right then...

Ryu - 21, 22, 23, 24
Ken - 19, 20, 22, 24
E. Honda - 21, 22, 23, 24
Zangief - 24
Guile - 15, 21, 23
Dhalsim - 24
Sagat - 23, 24
C. Viper - 23, 24
Abel - 24
Seth - 21, 22, 23, 24
Fei Long - 23, 24
Sakura - 23, 24
Dan - 23, 24
Ibuki - 24

Thanks for your tips so far!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #58
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
Thanks funny man, I basically have the same ones as you to do, minus a few here and there. But I can tell you that you should do do Dan #24 like Seth's 24, as in you focus attack after both EX hadokens. That made that trial a lot easier. For Dan 23, I used the pause trick where you pause right after the FADC dash, hold up and keep pausing until Dan looks to be jumping, then unpause and input the rest. The rest I still have to do too.

And thanks for the Viper 22, 23, and 24 tips. I still can't get the high jump very often for 23 and 24, but when I do the burning kick always whiffs. It seems like the timing for that is more rediculous than any other I have seen. And I still cannot get guile's specials to super. I go into training mode with the inputs on and am doing the exact motions, but I only got it to work one time, and I don't know how. Does the super come out instantly or do I delay it?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #59
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
For Guile Sonic Boom to Double Flash:
Charge Down-Back, Forward + punch, Down-Forward round to Up-Back + Kick
All needs to be one smooth, swift movement.

For Guile Flash Kick to Double Flash:
Charge Down-Back, Up-Forward + Kick, Down-Back (no charge), Up-Forward + Kick
This needs to be pretty quickly inputted...
Old 05-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #60
Didi Mau

My bad Magnus, I guess it slipped past me while I was streamlining the multiquotes haha. The Viper advice is wrote with stick in mind, so hopefully it's all good.

My analogy of a diagonally vertical Balrog super cancel is the best I can really give in regards to both input and timing I'm afraid Shinobi, the super will activate right after the special move comes out. If training mode says you're doing the right motions the only reasons I can think of it to not be coming is out is not charging long enough, or inputting the motion to slowly. It's possible his super takes longer to charge than his specials, I know his ultra takes longer to charge than a flash kick.

For ex seismo, high jump, burning kick are you at least getting the high jump to come out? It has an extremely lenient window to put the down, up motion in; you can input the motion throughout the move's animation and it'll come out automatically afterwards, just like you can input a dash extremely early in a focus attack and it'll remember to do it after the animation ends. Knowing this, you can input down, up-forward (or just up, but I would recommend jumping forwards) the moment Viper flashes yellow and sit there waiting with the stick in neutral for her to start the jump, then CQB+HK once she does so. I find it much easier than jumping out of a fukiage into an aerial tsurugi with Makoto, you'll hopefully get this down in just a few minutes of practicing it.

I don't think it's come up in the thread yet Master, do you play on pad or stick? I think the majority of your remaining trials are just link-based so I won't be able to advise much other than check out a video of them being done, but I can see a couple in there that have little points of notice that could come in handy. If you can tell me what controller you use I'll start checking them out for you

Last edited by Didi Mau; 05-17-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Burning Kicks