PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Super Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #61
Squalasura

SQUALASURA's Gamercard
Fightstick, Fightpad, or Xbox Controller?

Is everyone using a stick for these trials? Is it possible to do all 24 for all 35 with a fightpad?

I havent played SF since my sophomore year of high school 15 years ago but I'm just loving this game. I really like the challenge of the trials but I'm having a tough time.

I've owned the game and a fightpad for about a week and I've only completed T.Hawk and Hakan's so far, and about 60% total trials. I look at some of these and dont see how I could ever pull them off with a fightpad. I cant tell if its impossible or just my lack of skill.
Squalasura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #62
TooL LiSTNeR

Tool listener's Gamercard
i did them all with the regular wireless controller and the fightpad ... it depends on each character
Old 05-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #63
Reox8888

Reox8888's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster328 View Post
For Guile Sonic Boom to Double Flash:
Charge Down-Back, Forward + punch, Down-Forward round to Up-Back + Kick
All needs to be one smooth, swift movement.

For Guile Flash Kick to Double Flash:
Charge Down-Back, Up-Forward + Kick, Down-Back (no charge), Up-Forward + Kick
This needs to be pretty quickly inputted...
It should be noted that this method works for booms too. Down-back counts as charging down and back, also going from db to up-forward counts as releasing both charges, of course db uf db uf kick will do a super so...
For Sonic Boom to super you can do db(Charge), uf, punch, db, uf, kick.
Reox8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #64
Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalasura View Post
Is everyone using a stick for these trials? Is it possible to do all 24 for all 35 with a fightpad?
Most certainly doable with a fightpad, the only thing I've not been able to do so far on a standard 360 controller is Honda's #24, and that was due to not being able to piano the inputs- that won't be a problem for a fightpad seeing as they have six face buttons

I originally did all of old SF4's on a standard controller, and I wouldn't rank any of the new trials to be harder than the hardest of that game. Assuming you can get the same speed off the fightpad's d-pad as you can the standard controller's analogue stick, there won't be any equipment issues coming into play.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #65
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
I don't think it's come up in the thread yet Master, do you play on pad or stick? I think the majority of your remaining trials are just link-based so I won't be able to advise much other than check out a video of them being done, but I can see a couple in there that have little points of notice that could come in handy. If you can tell me what controller you use I'll start checking them out for you
I use a regular 360 controller. I've just done Seth #22, #23 & #24, so just got #21 left to do with Seth. Damn Sonic Booms ruining my Super input on 21...
TheMaster328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #66
Reox8888

Reox8888's Gamercard
Quote:
I use a regular 360 controller. I've just done Seth #22, #23 & #24, so just got #21 left to do with Seth. Damn Sonic Booms ruining my Super input on 21...
24 was so annoying when I'd get command grabs instead of booms. Good job on that.
Reox8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #67
Squalasura

SQUALASURA's Gamercard
Glad to hear that you guys were able to use controller/fightpads. Well good on the one hand that I'll eventually be able to do them. Bad on the other hand that I have a long way to go. EX Focus Cancels are really giving me fits. Same with FADCs. I'll keep practicing.
Squalasura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #68
iBeatStuffUp

iBeatStuffUp's Gamercard
If it makes it easier on you, you can assign the Focus Attack on one button instead of having to press Y and B.

100% Arcade: 47
Most Recent: NFL Blitz

iBeatStuffUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #69
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeatStuffUp View Post
If it makes it easier on you, you can assign the Focus Attack on one button instead of having to press Y and B.
I already do that! It does make it easier, that's for sure!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #70
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
I just finished Fei Long's and I saw he was also on your list. I was scared for him just like Viper and Ibuki as after a focus dash you have to do an irregular attack, his chicken wing. But after toying with it, I just did a half circle forward and a little up to get it to come out. 23 is basically the same as 17, just instead of rolling over Dan you chicken wing high punch him. It took some practice but once I got the chicken wing after a dash it wasn't too much of a problem. And for 24, the whole combo is pretty easy, just delay your ultra for a bit after the focus attack or it won't hit. That's the only hard part to that trial.

And Didi - Yeah I go into training mode for Viper and Ibuki all the time trying to work on the tips you guys give me. Today it was EX Seismo super jump in every direction, with my fightstick. I know that I didn't realize that you could input the super jump beforehand, as I was doing EX Seismo, tap down at the end of animation, up, and when the super jump did come out, I would be lucky to get a burning kick, one that definately would not hit Dan. I'll try what you said about inputting the motion during the animation, although it'll still be tight .

Lastly, any tips for El Fuerte 24 - I know its his infinite loop, and can do run cancels easily when not comboing, but as soon as I start doing it with heavy punches, he doesn't cancel the run fast enough and I get fajita busters instead.

Last edited by ShinobiRain; 05-17-2010 at 09:16 PM.
ShinobiRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #71
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiRain View Post
Lastly, any tips for El Fuerte 24 - I know its his infinite loop, and can do run cancels easily when not comboing, but as soon as I start doing it with heavy punches, he doesn't cancel the run fast enough and I get fajita busters instead.
For ElF's #24 - Use the Light Punch version of the run. You only need to double press the button then (for the sudden stop)!

I'll try Fei tomorrow. Getting a bit late now... and 30 trials left seems an appropriate place to stop...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #72
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
I use LP, he just doesn't stop on time, so when I try to combo the HP, I get the grab from the habenero dash, which is stupid

Old 05-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #73
hobbes8548

hobbes8548's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm not an expert at Fuerte but this trial is all about tempo for me. It was easiest for me to do jab Habanero Dashes so essentially the button presses would be: hp, qcf.lp, lp, hp. The trick for me was that I don't cancel the dash immediately! You have to let him run forward a bit or else the fierce won't connect (too far). However you can't let him run too much or you'll drop the combo. So the infinite most likely isn't done as fast as you may be trying. Just need to get the rhythm of button presses. Of course the lp cancel into hp is done immediately and so is the hp into Habanero Dash. So aside from the first and third hits, the second hit is an immediate combination of lp (cancel), hp, qcf.lp.

I'm still not awesome at doing the infinite but slowing down the dash cancel helps you a lot in not executing Fajita Busters accidentally.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited by hobbes8548; 05-17-2010 at 09:35 PM.
hobbes8548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #74
Gilganomics

gilganomics's Gamercard
Easier to read

Would it be an infuriating task to make a section for each character on the 1st page and copy portions of the more useful information there over time?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously asking ('cause I probably wouldn't want to do it).
Gilganomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #75
Zee

Zee pso's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Better off doing it now then when the thread gets to 12 pages.

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #76
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
El Fuerte 24. Try and you will know the tempo of the punch.
Roughly, HP--LP--LP-HP--LP--LP-HP
The first and third LP is start runing, 2nd and 4th LP is stop running.
El Fuerte almost have no stun after stop running.
So you have to press HP just right after LP.
Lyre220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #77
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Guile - 15, 21, 23
Sakura - 23, 24
Guile 15. Try to hit Dan when he is higher.
And don't let him in the corner.
I use light flash kick.

Guile 21. You can't do this when Dan is in the corner.
Since you already can do flash kick->double flash.
Just don't let Dan in the corner or the sonic hurrican will not hit.

Guile 23. This one you need Dan in the corner.
Once you can link crLP after light sonic boom you can get it.
Try to smash LP after light sonic boom and you will know the timing.
The stun of sonic boom is quite short.

Sakura 23. This key point is you need to cancel ex shouoken in 5th hit (3rd of the second rising) and input dash very fast to link MK.

Sakura 24. You can do this if you can do 23. I think this one is easier then 23.
Sakura' combo all focus on the light shunpukyaku. You can link everything.
And I really don't know how to explain LP/LK/MK/HP/crHP after light shunpukyaku. It's just timing, really.
I recommand you remember the tempo by sound.
When you lunch shunpukyaku, you will hear Sakura say shun-pu-kya-ku(I use japanese voice), and roughly shun-pu-kya-ku--MK

Last edited by Lyre220; 05-18-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 AM   #78
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
Question about high jumps - is the up wanted in the first or second qcf?

Old 05-18-2010, 05:07 AM   #79
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Question about high jumps - is the up wanted in the first or second qcf?
Hi, ShinobiRain
If you input very fast, you can do it in first, in second, or both.
e.g. Ibuki 24 double qcf+up after MK.

If you input not fast, you need to do it in second.
e.g. Viper 22 using seperate input method.
D DF F+LP -> D DF F UP+ppp
Old 05-18-2010, 05:59 AM   #80
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
Well, after doing Ken's 24 on my controller, I decided to work on it a bit in training mode with my controller as well, seeing as I can't do it on stick or controller yet, so I tried both. After a few attempts, I got it twice, but couldn't replicate it for another half an hour. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I get either Kazegiri Ex kicks, command dashes, or just a high jump. I have my inputs on and most of the time I am hitting triple kick at an UF or U input. This sucks along with guiles specials to supers which I still cannot get

Old 05-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #81
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, after doing Ken's 24 on my controller, I decided to work on it a bit in training mode with my controller as well, seeing as I can't do it on stick or controller yet, so I tried both. After a few attempts, I got it twice, but couldn't replicate it for another half an hour. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I get either Kazegiri Ex kicks, command dashes, or just a high jump. I have my inputs on and most of the time I am hitting triple kick at an UF or U input. This sucks along with guiles specials to supers which I still cannot get
well, try the cheap trick I said

Rotate your stick clockwise 45
So all your D DF F become DF F UF.
Then you can input like a "normal" ultra after MK.

also, set a button = LK+MK+HK helps.
And I have to say, this combo you need to input really really very fast.

Last edited by Lyre220; 05-18-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:53 AM   #82
UltraMagnus1780

UltraMagnus1780's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyre220 View Post
Hi, ShinobiRain
If you input very fast, you can do it in first, in second, or both.
e.g. Ibuki 24 double qcf+up after MK.

If you input not fast, you need to do it in second.
e.g. Viper 22 using seperate input method.
D DF F+LP -> D DF F UP+ppp

K I have done #22 with C.Viper. But can't do #24, which really pisses me off cause I could do it on SFIV. IT seemed easier on that one. Cause on SFIV the hardest part I had was linking the Burst Time after the HK Burning Kick. BUT NOW..... I can't set the second croutching HP to come out without wiffing Dan.
UltraMagnus1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #83
Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This thread's really coming together haha, everyone's answered everything while I was asleep! I love this community so much

I've got two videos that will hopefully help out on the run-stop-fierce Shinobi, one is pad and one is stick but it's more for their audio that I recommend watching them: PAD and STICK. I've dabbled in Fuerte over the past few months and while I suck hard at using his pressure game, I never miss his HP,HP,HK knockdown anymore thanks to listening to the clacks of the buttons in these two vids.

hobbes and Lyre have hit the two key points for this; firstly, the rhythm of the buttons is that of a gallop rather than a string (HP, QCF LP, LP~HP, QCF LP, LP~HP- dum, dum, BA-DUM, dum, BA-DUM), and secondly going too fast is actually the more common problem, rather than going too slow. If you don't let Fuerte get close to Dan before hitting him the space between the two of them will increase each time, to the point where you'll eventually be too far apart to run into range during his hitstun.

What strength thunder knuckle are you cancelling into the c.hp Magus? Both medium and heavy knuckles can be cancelled with enough time to combo into the c.hp but I don't know if one cancels faster than the other; might be worth trying the other one and see if you have any success like that (I use heavy myself, as it feels more comfortable on my hands).
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #84
TheMaster328

TheMaster328's Gamercard
Finished Fei Long! Now going to try Guile for the umpteenth time...

EDIT: Got Guile's 23 within 10 minutes, and 15 (the one I was really struggling with) on my second attempt! How funny is that!

Last edited by TheMaster328; 05-18-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #85
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus1780 View Post
K I have done #22 with C.Viper. But can't do #24, which really pisses me off cause I could do it on SFIV. IT seemed easier on that one. Cause on SFIV the hardest part I had was linking the Burst Time after the HK Burning Kick. BUT NOW..... I can't set the second croutching HP to come out without wiffing Dan.
Maybe you forget the key point. I forget it too when I just "re-play" this one in SSF4. But after several tries I remember it.
Press the 2nd crHP as soon as you cancel the thunder knuckle.
But not so fast as El Fuerte 24.
Didi Mau use heavy knuckle, but I use light knuckle. Looks like all works.
Roughly,
P-P--P-P-P

Last edited by Lyre220; 05-18-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #86
Lyre220

lyre220's Gamercard
Quote:
I got another tip for you, and I think it's better.
First, try Ibuki's target combo, LK MK HK
This is target combo so you need to input a little faster.
It's easy so you will success in a few tries.
OK, config your HK to LK+MK+HK.
Use the same 3 buttons and try the target combo again.
Now you already know the timing and how fast it should be.
just add double qcf and up into 2nd and 3rd kick.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #87
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Just as a manner of interest, like it hasn't been said 1,000,000 times before:

BUYING A STICK IS NOT GOING TO MAGICALLY GET YOU THROUGH THE TRIALS

That is all.

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #88
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
Question about Guile - While I was working on guile, I negleected to do any other trial besides sonic boom to super. Trying the flash kick to super and trial 24, I got those both in 5 minutes just a few seconds ago. I basically never missed the flash kick to super, or the super off a punch. Does that give any insight on why I can't get the sonic boom to work. And lastly, if I whiff the sonic boom and get a punch, the super usually always comes out.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #89
UltraMagnus1780

UltraMagnus1780's Gamercard
Quote:
Question about Guile - While I was working on guile, I negleected to do any other trial besides sonic boom to super. Trying the flash kick to super and trial 24, I got those both in 5 minutes just a few seconds ago. I basically never missed the flash kick to super, or the super off a punch. Does that give any insight on why I can't get the sonic boom to work. And lastly, if I whiff the sonic boom and get a punch, the super usually always comes out.
For Guile I did them all in one run EXCEPT for Trials 20 and 21
(The trials that have you go from the super into a Sonci Hurricane). It seeemed like I could never figure them out even though I was doing everything-what I mean is that for either one of them I could never get the Sonic Hurricane to connect. It would always throw the sonic hurricane and Dan would fall and NOT get hit. Then I noticed something, it seemed that Guile was actually throwing the Hurricane behind Dan. This is becuase I kept tryng both trials with Dan in the CORNER. Once I tired the combos on Dan while he was in the middle of the screen success on both within a matter of seconds...
UltraMagnus1780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #90
ShinobiRain

ShinobiRain's Gamercard
I can hit the sonic hurricane fine, its the sonic boom to super that never comes out. I can do flash kick to super, but not sonic boom. I'm even doing the same motion, just making sure I go forward first to get the sonic boom instead of directly up forward.

And I just finished El Fuerte 24. Makes you feel so good when you beat a trial that hard. I used turbo on LP, so that it auto cancelled the run, and just learned the time for when I needed HP. That made it much easier.