PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Lost Planet 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #31
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Lmao, Capcom FAIL on this game. honestly, what horrible achievements, and Lost Planet 2 sucks compared to Number 1. Huge fail.

Who ever bothers to waste their time with this achievement, shame on them.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #32
DustyTheHamster

DustyTheHamster's Gamercard
What? you need to run 300 chapters in a week from the time you finish the game once? or does it mean 300 chapters then finish the game in a week?
DustyTheHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #33
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyTheHamster View Post
What? you need to run 300 chapters in a week from the time you finish the game once? or does it mean 300 chapters then finish the game in a week?
I beat the game
got 100 (yes ive seriously played like 120 chapters so far...) and got the title the same time as the achievement... I did set my clock ahead but it still counted my first story
luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #34
xuxo

xuxo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makker View Post
If you break this down grammatically (and bare in mind I'm not a professor of the English language) you could remove LP:C from the sentence (which would eliminate the need for the comma even if it is badly located) and be left with "Play a total of 30 matches on Lost Planet Online maps". With me so far? To me this is simply bad grammar (by the game devs). If you move the comma you would get "Play a total of 30 matches, on Lost Planet and Lost Planet Colonies Online maps" and this would fit the general consensus.
I wish this would be truth, but i played at least one match, in all multiplayer maps of Lost Planet extreme condition, and i haven't Student of History nome de guerre.
I had near of 300 matches on first Lost Planet, and this weekend i was playing the other maps that i never played. A total of 16 maps has first Lost Planet and Colonies has 20 maps so "from any of the 10 Pirate Fortress, 11 Island, or 15 Frozen Wasteland maps".... 10+15+11=36 maps ...so 16 maps first lost planet+ 20 maps Lost planet colonies=36 maps
Makes sense, this nome de guerre sucks, unless someone confirms that colonies isn't needed of course.
I won't buy next Lost Planet
xuxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #35
Io Haze oI

Send a message via MSN to Io Haze oI

HaZxMat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You only need to play matches on maps that were on the other games and are included on this one. As I said earlier in this thread you can play 30 matches on the pirate fortress map which is included in the map list already and get this nom de guerre.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #36
hodge

Hodge x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
This list looks horrible

Why not follow me on Twitter
Or add me on TA (Need more friends people!)

Always let me know you're from x360a though =]
hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #37
xuxo

xuxo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io Haze oI View Post
You only need to play matches on maps that were on the other games and are included on this one. As I said earlier in this thread you can play 30 matches on the pirate fortress map which is included in the map list already and get this nom de guerre.
I played around 300 matches on first lost planet, map most played was Pirate Fortress... this weekend i played in ALL maps of first lost planet,included DLC maps and i don't have this nome de guerre.

Do you have it? if you have it... why i don't have? Do you mean that i have to play in maps of Lost Planet 2 that were in first Lost planet?

PD: this isn't my gamertag i changed months ago... this is my gamertag

http://www.trueachievements.com/ToKi+N+O+HaKaI.htm

Thanks

Last edited by xuxo; 05-19-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #38
Io Haze oI

Send a message via MSN to Io Haze oI

HaZxMat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I do not have the title yet as I haven't played enough matches on Lost Planet 2 yet. I played plenty of online on Lost Planet 1 and colonies so I thought it was kind of obvious that it would unlock by playing on old maps included in Lost Planet 2. Plus Microsoft have a ruleregarding achievments with not having other games to unlock achievments in other games.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #39
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
I just find it pathetic how some of them are "have a save on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME" or even on Lost Planet 1 or colonies. I also find the Developer one ridiculous where they give it out at tournaments, etc.

This achievement is probably the worst achievement I have ever seen in my life. if u could win those titles (or any) in the slot machine I wouldnt mind. But Capcom has done it again, and went idiotic. I knew they did when they added Marcus, Dom, and wesker. Pathetic and stupid.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #40
ErinEsurance

The Machine BoP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anyone have an idea on how to get "Space Taker - In Episode 6-4, get killed by the NEDS space station laser 5 times in 1 game"?

You can only place 4 GPS (with 4 players) on the boss, therefore 4 blasts to kill you. How do you trigger a 5th blast to get killed by? I assume 1 game means in one session, without getting a gameover.

ErinEsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #41
xuxo

xuxo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io Haze oI View Post
I do not have the title yet as I haven't played enough matches on Lost Planet 2 yet. I played plenty of online on Lost Planet 1 and colonies so I thought it was kind of obvious that it would unlock by playing on old maps included in Lost Planet 2. Plus Microsoft have a ruleregarding achievments with not having other games to unlock achievments in other games.
Thank you man, you helped me a lot
Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #42
PureTechniquex

Send a message via Skype™ to PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Sneaker - Play 1 or more matches in 1 area with the Silent Runner and Invisible abilities enabled

^ Would just like to mention that i got this Nom using the 'Soundless' and 'Invisible' abilities, so 'Soundless' is the 'Silent Runner'.

Also for this Nom...

Mr. Sangfroid - Do not collect any T-ENG while playing through an area (cannot receive from others either)

You can grab Data Post's, it won't count as 'collecting' T-eng.

Last edited by PureTechniquex; 05-23-2010 at 10:07 PM.
PureTechniquex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #43
Full Metal COS

Full Metal COS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinEsurance View Post
Anyone have an idea on how to get "Space Taker - In Episode 6-4, get killed by the NEDS space station laser 5 times in 1 game"?

You can only place 4 GPS (with 4 players) on the boss, therefore 4 blasts to kill you. How do you trigger a 5th blast to get killed by? I assume 1 game means in one session, without getting a gameover.
I'm not sure, but I think there might be a misprint on the chapter and it might be 6-2, when you are travelling in the space station core (a misprint in an official guide? who knew?), I'll do a quick trial run shortly and post back with the results.

Peace.

O.K. I can confirm that this is done on 6-2, just clear out the level and then go stand at the bottom of the laser shaft, burn and repeat. Hope this helps

Last edited by Full Metal COS; 05-25-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Full Metal COS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #44
hyourinnmaru

and i thought theres wasn't anything worse than Battle Trophies on star Ocean TLH, at least those can be obtained
hyourinnmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #45
luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
For anyone working on getting the damage titles like myself... heres something that i found interesting...

I just started using the energy gun, i did a run of 1-1 with no bots, no help... I used it enough to get all the Good Jobs for it, and it gave me maniac so thats something like 90 kills on easy... with a few VS units, so maybe the game doesnt keep as good track on the titles since ive been working on the flamethrower for a while and still nothing =\
Old 05-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #46
thrush

thecontaminator's Gamercard
Master Thief

Easy way to get this one is to play online on Friction Layout type 4 and game rules kills

Start with T-eng supply and quick return and just get posts and open boxes

boxes take 1000 T-eng each and there is about 12 on the level

I posted this because it says campaign and training above play style on the list above and i got this in a player match

thrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #47
PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Usurper - In 1 match, kill 3 players who are at a higher Career level than you.

I have this, but i was just wondering if you got 99's on every faction,
wouldn't this nom be missable?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #48
luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureTechniquex View Post
Usurper - In 1 match, kill 3 players who are at a higher Career level than you.

I have this, but i was just wondering if you got 99's on every faction,
wouldn't this nom be missable?
Yes, it would... unless it bases it off the actual rank level after (doubt it)

Personally i think it should lock you out ^^;; i mean if you get 99 before you beat 300 campaign chapters, dont you think thats a tad off unleess all you did was mindlessly played 5-2... (according to my math 166 runs are required to get 5,000,000 exp from 5-2 so thats enough for all the difficulties and all 99 if you were that focused)

I also say 300 because you need to get exp ssomehow so its that or the 500 matchs... so unless youre like Super Support man, come on =P

Last edited by luke391; 06-03-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #49
CK Bigbang
Banned User

Its Based on Rank not Career Level the Guide has got it wrong as usual
CK Bigbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #50
VIPER PILOT

THE HEAD BEAGLE's Gamercard
Live, you a real trooper, must have taken you ages, many many thank you's, god knows what Capcom were thinking with this acheivement 'unlock ALL noms' and was it 10 exp?! Good gravy. Mental.

I searched the meaning for those who are intrigued, thanks to wiki for this one...

Nom de guerre

Noms de guerre (French phrase meaning "names of war" or "war names") were frequently adopted by recruits in the French Foreign Legion as part of the break with their past lives. They were also adopted by members of the French resistance during World War II for security reasons.

VIPER PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #51
VIPER PILOT

THE HEAD BEAGLE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Lmao, Capcom FAIL on this game. honestly, what horrible achievements, and Lost Planet 2 sucks compared to Number 1. Huge fail.

Who ever bothers to waste their time with this achievement, shame on them.
I and many other people disagree, ok the acheivements are different, and maybe challenging, but isn't this what we want? I've heard a few people slate it, 'crap graphics, crap story, fail, etc' none of this is true, It's awesome and taking 4 years to develop the online side taking on board feedback from LP1 players is comedable, I take my hat off to Capcom. Anyone who describes it as crap, fail, or rubbish, all I can say is, unlucky, shame you wasted 30 then huh, get back on viva pinyata and unlock some easy peasy 'cheives where you belong bucko this game is hardcore to the max.
VIPER PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #52
luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER PILOT View Post
I and many other people disagree, ok the acheivements are different, and maybe challenging, but isn't this what we want? I've heard a few people slate it, 'crap graphics, crap story, fail, etc' none of this is true, It's awesome and taking 4 years to develop the online side taking on board feedback from LP1 players is comedable, I take my hat off to Capcom. Anyone who describes it as crap, fail, or rubbish, all I can say is, unlucky, shame you wasted 30 then huh, get back on viva pinyata and unlock some easy peasy 'cheives where you belong bucko this game is hardcore to the max.
well I think what a lot of people are saying is more so...

its about 14 cycles of the game for 300 chapters
if you just do your 4 cycles for every achievement... youre .6 away from 100 chapters meaning you almost need to do another cycle =\ so you will spend most of your game chilling with the AI, leveling, or trying to get titles/good jobs

A lot of titles/good jobs, require things that are very percise... How many area's in the game have enough M size akrid for the good job? maybe 5... how about S size? maybe 6... and theres 40+ area's in the full game, and not everyone will be able to do every good job (except 1-1/4-1)

capcom also wennt out of their way to tell us little to nothing about what were really doing... Its ok to go this route but when you have 9,999 kills well before you kill 3,000 akrid I think i might want to know about it lol

same with the weapons, some level really really really really really fast, the pistol (not hand gun) I got mastery of in 5 or so runs on 1-1... the flamethrower i got no clue where i am... and the rocket is coming along very slowly (i recently got the title) Perhaps the guide book is just wrong and different weapons have different titles or they pop later on... because I had to use some weapons like the VS laser rifle so many times i lost about 140,000 in points ~_~

finally Capcom/the guide/our information... are all kinda out there, it doesnt matter who really says what or where... something always appears to be different, in my FAQ I remark that red eye in 1-1 can only be pushed back with barrels for the GJ...

these are what i think more people are mad at, not to mention... I dont like playing games long enough to get say 100 matchs played (fat princess, lead and gold, battlefield 1943, king of fighters, blazblue, all being games the only achievements im missing are play X games) but some games take it to extremes like this game, street fighters (capcom i know), king of fighters, etc

I am nnot saying its ok to dismiss this game for things like that, but i think capcom could have done a better job with the trophies/achievements...

everything on the list but 1 is time based...

idk about anyone else but i think i can get 2 kills in every MP game i play =P
play _____ in _____
do ____ area's
do ____ alone
Kill ____
do all good jobs (somewhat skill based but i think its more based off the level you do it on than the actual skill)
Old 06-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #53
PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER PILOT View Post
I wouldnt say this game is even challenging... very, very long though.

Extreme is a joke compared to the 1st, i did most of it in solo with so many lifes remaining, the most skillful thing in this game is probably getting Gold on all training missions; but then with youtube videos it will be a joke aswell.

Still i find this game really fun and am in it for the long run, so don't mind grinding 500 matches, all 99's, 100k/300k all weapons/grenades, VSs and VS weapon noms.

And sorry bro but this game is 90% time consuming and 10% skill.

Last edited by PureTechniquex; 06-03-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #54
luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
I wouldnt say this game is even challenging, very, very long though.

Extreme is a joke compared to the 1st, i did most of it in solo with so many lifes remaining, the most skillful thing is this game is probably getting Gold on all training missions; but then with youtube videos it will be a joke aswell.

Sorry bro but this game is 90% time consuming and 10% skill.
i actually disagree, its 100% time consuming, and 0% skill

if you suck at playing campaign, once you start a game ive yet to see how you can kick someone so given enough tries someone will think youre afk and just do the level for you

if you suck at good jobs, most of them can be done with almost no skill on easy since you got the heavy armor... also them mission ones if someone does it everyone gets it

if you suck at training unless you cant pull off the bot battles well youre screwed but they arnt that bad its more about finding enough of them fast enough

etc

the only one really skill based is getting #1 in the world which if you played early enough was a joke
Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #55
Dead Herb

Dead Herb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke391 View Post
i actually disagree, its 100% time consuming, and 0% skill
0% skill I disagree with, getting the NUMBER 1 Nom now requires a lot of skill and also getting Golds on all those training missions also requires quite a lot of skill, if only it did require no skill a lot of people would be very happy.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #56
PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Herb View Post
0% skill I disagree with, getting the NUMBER 1 Nom now requires a lot of skill and also getting Golds on all those training missions also requires quite a lot of skill, if only it did require no skill a lot of people would be very happy.
Yeah he's just talker anyway, havent even seen his gamercard, too scared to show he only beat it on easy probably, haha.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #57
luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah he's just talker anyway, havent even seen his gamercard, too scared to show he only beat it on easy probably, haha.
youre the one just talking... I post time and time and time again... Im a ps3 gamer and my name is Admiralvic

http://us.playstation.com/publictrop...ame=admiralvic

but if you want to talk out your ass per usual, im not gonna stop you...

as far as the 0% remark, those are all true facts... you have to remember as long as videos map it out which makes it far easier, and Number 1 was at 1 point very very very very easy, it can be noted to be 0%, unless you want to state that because of number 1 it requires far more =P since a lot of people dont even try training making some scores easier, it will go up over time but overall all titles are about time/effort than skill and power

also theres this post...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...1&postcount=15

Last edited by luke391; 06-03-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #58
Dead Herb

Dead Herb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke391 View Post
youre the one just talking... I post time and time and time again... Im a ps3 gamer and my name is Admiralvic

http://us.playstation.com/publictrop...ame=admiralvic

but if you want to talk out your ass per usual, im not gonna stop you...

as far as the 0% remark, those are all true facts... you have to remember as long as videos map it out which makes it far easier, and Number 1 was at 1 point very very very very easy, it can be noted to be 0%, unless you want to state that because of number 1 it requires far more =P since a lot of people dont even try training making some scores easier, it will go up over time but overall all titles are about time/effort than skill and power

also theres this post...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...1&postcount=15
Well Im doing the Golds for the Training missions right now and I can safely say Im using skill to get them golds as theres few videos out there and when I got my NUMBER 1 that took me serious time/skill and a slice of luck to achieve.

Last edited by Dead Herb; 06-03-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Dead Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #59
fallouthirteen

fallouthirteen's Gamercard
That list appears to be missing a play style title. Gunslinger, I don't know for sure how I got it, me and another person who have it suspect it has something to do with using revolver and or handgun in a certain way.
fallouthirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #60
luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallouthirteen View Post
That list appears to be missing a play style title. Gunslinger, I don't know for sure how I got it, me and another person who have it suspect it has something to do with using revolver and or handgun in a certain way.
the official guide (where this is taken)

says Have them both at the same time