PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Def Jam: Icon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
Demon Ninja

Demon Ninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Workin’ at the Car Wash 10
Solo Hard or Ranked: Clean up your opponent with the Car Wash Brush

Deal the finishing blow to you opponent by having him get hit by the car wash brush on the right side of the gas station when you opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard.

The Big Burn 15
Solo Hard or Ranked: Torch your opponent in the Flaming Gas Pump

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the flaming gas pump in the middle of the gas station when you opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit one of the pumps once before or it won't explode.

Too Loud, Too Old 10
Solo Hard or Ranked: Defeat your opponent by using the speaker blast at The Club

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the speaker blast at the right of the dance club or to the left of after hours when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard.

Hit The Lights 15
Solo Hard or Ranked: Use the Light Wall at The Club until it's lights out

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the light wall at the left of the dance club or to the right of after hours when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit the light wall once before or it wont explode.

It’s the Amps 10
Solo Hard or Ranked: Blow your opponent away with the electrified car at the Block

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the exploding transformer at the left of the block when you opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit the car to the left of the block once before or the transformer won't fall onto the car.

Joy Riding 15
Solo Hard or Ranked: End the fight with the lowriding impact at the Block

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the lowrider at the right of the block when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard .

Heads Up 10
Solo Hard or Ranked: Knock your opponent out with the Swinging Light Rig

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the swinging light rig at the left of BET: 106 & Park when you opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard.

Feel the Power 15
Solo Hard or Ranked: End a fight at the studio with an electrifying experience for your opponent

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the electrified metal screen in the middle of BET: 106 & Park when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit the metal screen once before or it wont explode.

Marshmallows 10
Solo Hard or Ranked: Use the fireplace in the Penthouse to finish off your opponent

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the fire coming from the fireplace to the left of the penthouse when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match ro against the computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit the glass covering the fireplace once before or it wont spew fire.

Window of Opportunity 15
Solo Hard or Ranked: Throw your opponent out of the window at the Penthouse

Throw your opponent out of the window in the middle of the penthouse during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit the window once before it it wont let you throw your opponent through it.

Killer Sound System 10
Solo Hard or Ranked: Bring your opponent's health to zero with volume at 11 at the Office

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the speakers at the executive suite when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard.

Going Down 15
Solo Hard or Ranked: Throw your opponent into the Elevator Shaft in Troy's Office

Throw your opponent into the elevator shaft at the right of the executive suite during a ranked online match or against to computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit the elevator door once before or the door wont open.

Caution: Wet Floor 10
Solo Hard or Ranked: Shock your opponent to victory at the Rooftop

Deal the finishing blow to you opponent by having him get hit by the fusebox set above a wet floor to the right of the roof when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard. Make sure you hit the fuse box once before or it wont spark.

Smacked Down 15
Solo Hard or Ranked: Use the helicopter tail whip as your finishing move

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by the helicopter tail in the middle of the the roof when your opponent is near death during a raked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard.

Look But Don't Touch 25
Solo Hard or Ranked: Let one of the dancers defeat your opponent

Deal the finishing blow to your opponent by having him get hit by one of the dancers at either the dace club or after hours when your opponent is near death during a ranked online match or against the computer with the difficulty set to hard.

Mixtape 25
Play your "Def Jam Icon" Saved Playlist in My Soundtrack

In your Xbox 360 Dashboard, go to music and add at least one song to a playlist and save the playlist with the name Def Jam Icon. Load your copy of Def Jam: Icon and go to My Soundtrack. After you chose your your fighters, choose play your "Def Jam Icon" soundtrack and choose what style the song(s) in your soundtrack are.

Top of the Charts 10
Have an album reach number 1 on the Charts

See "KaChing Bling".

Bling 5
Have a record go gold in Build a Label

See "KaChing Bling".

Bling Bling 10
Have a record go platinum in Build a Label

See "KaChing Bling".

KaChing Bling 15
Have a record go multiplatinum in Build a Label

Make sure you have at least $3,000,000 in your bankroll. Whe one of your artists releases a new song, select the new song in label manager and max out the stats. Now go do a few fight and the record wil eventually go gold, platinum, multiplatinum, and be ranked number 1 on the charts.

BMF 100
Complete Build A Label Mode on Hardest Difficulty Level

You have to beat Build a Label mode on hard and it is not a walk in the park. I suggest you play through it once on normal mode to get some practice and experience.

Producing Mogul 10
Release 6 songs in Build a Label

As you go through Build a Label, your artists will keep making songs and they will eventually will have released a total of 6.

Fashion Icon 25
Reach 500,000 Style Points in Build a Label

When one of your records goes multiplatinum, go to the jeweler and buy as many chains and/or rings as you can. Now go do one fight and your style points should sky rocket. If you didn't get 500,000 points, wait till you get some more spending money and go buy some more jewelery.

Last edited by Demon Ninja; 03-14-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Demon Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Demon Ninja

Demon Ninja's Gamercard

Ladies Man 35
Have 4 satisfied girlfriends simultaneously in Build A Label Mode

You will gain girlfriends based on you stlye points when you go to the club. The oppertunties to get a girlfriend are:
1. After you help Luda in the beginning.
2. After the cutscene that introduces Troy.
3. After you get the penthouse.
4. After hitting the town with Luda.
The points required for each girlfriend is:
Nina 1 style point
Liris 20,000 style
Mayra 35,000 style
Summer 50,000 style
Christin 75,000 style
Melyssa 100,000 style
After you get 4 girlfriends all you need to do is keep them happy and hjope they don't find out about each other. Just say yes too all of their requests and keep them above 85. If they are at lower than 85, they will start to get jealous based on their level of jealousy. The jealousy levels for the girls are:
Nina Less Jealous
Summer Less Jealous
Christine Less Jealous
Liris Moderately Jealous
Melyssa Moderately Jealous
Mayra Crazy jealous, avoid at all costs (don't fill her requests)
If one of them spots you with another girl, she will send you a warning message which is basically a strike. 3 strikes and you're dumped. When you llook at you apointments and one of them is meeting with a girl, do not ignore it. You will not keep the girl satisfied.

Represent Yourself 5
Change your Signature

In the Xbox Live menu, go to options and then go to signatures. Change at least 1 of them to whatever you want it to be and save it.

Getting Hot 15
Ranked: Win 5 online fights in a row

See "Critical Beat Down"

Critical Beat Down 50
Ranked: Win 15 online fights in a row

This one can be done by yourself if you have enough skill. If your not exactly king of the street brawlers, get a friend online and go to one of the lobby's. Challenge your friend to a ranked game and have him let you win. After you win, choose rematch and rinse and repeat till you win 15 in a row.

Get Your Mode On 20
Ranked: Achieve 50 online wins

See "Ornery Bastard".

Rollin 50
Ranked: Achieve 100 online wins

See "Ornery Bastard".

Ornery Bastard 100
Ranked: Achieve 200 online wins

This one will take a while based on your skill. Just keep playing ranked matches and give it your all till you win a total of 200 times.

Domination 25
Ranked: Have your Taunt Tag appear on your dominated opponent's screen

In a ranked match you have to beat you opponent without taking any damage. Definatly a hard task, but it can be done.

Straight Clownin' 50
Win a ranked match with 100 total taunts

During a ranked match, hit the taunt buttons as many times as you can while you opponent in knocked down while counting how many times you taunt. Make sure you don't worry so much about the taunts that you don't beat you opponent down so you win after you do 100 taunts.

Reversals Only 50
Beatings with Bass: Solo: Hard: No Strikes, Directionals, Get Up Attacks, or Grab attempts.

With the difficulty set to hard, go to Beatings with Bass and play at the penthouse. When the match starts, head to the window and have your opponent knock you into the window till it cracks. With you back to the window, hold the right trigger and block you opponents attack just when its about to hit so you catch it and you have in a grab. Throw him through the window and you will be awarded with what souded like a hard achievement.

Directional Attacks Only 50
Beatings with Bass: Solo: Hard: No Strikes, Get Up Attacks, Blocks, Reversals, Taunts, or Grabs.

Prepare to have a screaming contest with your TV. With the difficult set to hard, go to Beatings with Bass and play at the penthouse. When the match starts head to the fireplace and try and break the glass with a directional attack. ONLY use the right stick to do directional attacks against your opponent and try and time it so you can knock your opponent into the fire when it erupts. This can be hard cause the computer will probly be using you as a punching bag since you can't block. With the right skills and a LOT of luck, you will unlock this achievement.

Troy's Trophies 50
Be Troy Dollar and protect your trophies while fighting a solo match

Play any version of a solo match and choose to play as Troy Dollar at the executive suite. All you need to do is keep your opponent away from the trophy case on the left side of the screen and win the match.

Brother's Store 50
Be Dr. Chang and protect your brother's convenient store during a solo match

Play any version of a solo match and choose to play as Dr. Chang at the gas station. Win the match by any way just make sure to stay as far away from the store on the left side.

Protect Your Crib 50
Complete a Fight without the glass wall breaking in your crib in Build a Label

During 1 of the 3 fights in the penthouse in Build a Label, win the match while keeping your opponent away from the glass wall to the left of the piano.

Last edited by Demon Ninja; 03-14-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Demon Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 AM   #3
KilluhKam
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
now you just need to add the achievement pictures lol
KilluhKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
PhilpotMusic

Send a message via AIM to PhilpotMusic Send a message via MSN to PhilpotMusic

PhilpotMusic's Gamercard

Wow, thanks alot Ninja!!! I can't believe how much trouble I'm having with all these achievements. This should help out!

How's my gaming?
www.PhilpotMusic.com

www.myspace.com/philpottheband

Last edited by PhilpotMusic; 03-12-2007 at 07:16 PM.
PhilpotMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Solid Job Ninja! very excited for that guide, one thing to add is that if you friend quits out of ranked match, you get the win too... but over all phenomenal information
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
Segnius

Segnius's Gamercard
I'm having trouble with the girlfriends, I had 36,000 and something before the club fight which is right before the Troy Dollar cutscene. Nobody approached me. Is it the club fight AFTER that, not when you go to celebrate at the club immediately after?
Segnius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #7
KilluhKam
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by erton View Post
Solid Job Ninja! very excited for that guide, one thing to add is that if you friend quits out of ranked match, you get the win too... but over all phenomenal information
you have to win the 50th 100th or 200th fight doing this, i did this from 55 wins to 100 and diddnt get the achievement...luckily when i beat him for my 101st win it gave me the achievement.

and can anyone tell me the best way to get enough style points to get each girl? i want to get the minimum i need for the fight and not go too over the limit (if possible) because i spend alot of money on releasing songs, so can anybody tell what you need to buy in order to get the corrosponding style points to get the girl? thanks in advance if anyone will do this
KilluhKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
DemDollaz

DemDollaz's Gamercard
Cant really say how many exactly but all the cheap jewelry. It will get you there, I had like three different outfits two jackets I had pretty much all the jewelry that was under about $25,000 or so. I did have alot more earrings then anything, I did buy a chain for bout 550,000 and it gave me around 50,000 style points if that helps any
DemDollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
Project KG

Send a message via AIM to Project KG Send a message via MSN to Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Good stuff man. Good guide.
Project KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #10
Smokez

Send a message via AIM to Smokez Send a message via MSN to Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
How Many Cds need to be sold for multiplatnium? and lf i buy everything bit of jewelery will it get me to 500,000?

Smokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
I used this method and still have trouble.
"KaChing Bling 15

Make sure you have at least $3,000,000 in your bankroll. Whe one of your artists releases a new song, select the new song in label manager and max out the stats. Now go do a few fight and the record wil eventually go gold, platinum, multiplatinum, and be ranked number 1 on the charts."
any tips?
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #12
Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez View Post
How Many Cds need to be sold for multiplatnium? and lf i buy everything bit of jewelery will it get me to 500,000?
2,000,000 have to be sold for it to go MultiPlatinum.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2565 View Post
I used this method and still have trouble.
"KaChing Bling 15

Make sure you have at least $3,000,000 in your bankroll. Whe one of your artists releases a new song, select the new song in label manager and max out the stats. Now go do a few fight and the record wil eventually go gold, platinum, multiplatinum, and be ranked number 1 on the charts."
any tips?
Fill all of the possible money on Marketing and Air Time and PR.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #14
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Thats what I did and I still did not get it.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #15
Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2565 View Post
Thats what I did and I still did not get it.
Oh that's how I got it. My sales sky rocketed and sold 1.6 billion copies. no joke real talk.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #16
REfan001

Send a message via AIM to REfan001

Guneagle01's Gamercard
I still dont get how to get "KaChing Bling". I spent 3mil on a song, but it still never went multiplatinum. can someone tell me how and when they got their 3 mil?

REfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #17
Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by REfan001 View Post
I still dont get how to get "KaChing Bling". I spent 3mil on a song, but it still never went multiplatinum. can someone tell me how and when they got their 3 mil?
I got it on Sean Paul's "All Out" Song. Sold 1.6 billion and I got 3 achievements after 1 fight.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:51 AM   #18
diggnation1

just a note... Platinum does NOT count as a girlfriend... just that might be useful to know
Old 03-18-2007, 03:52 AM   #19
diggnation1

Quote:
spend 3 million on your 4th artists 1st song i have done this 3x in a row and have got 1 billion each time
Old 03-18-2007, 04:20 AM   #20
REfan001

Send a message via AIM to REfan001

Guneagle01's Gamercard
I did that on my 3rd artists first song and it didnt have enough time to reach 2 mil before you get to the part where you dont get records sales anymore.

Last edited by REfan001; 03-18-2007 at 04:23 AM.
REfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #21
Shawn Lesane

Shawn Lesane's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide , great work !
Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #22
Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Quote:
I did that on my 3rd artists first song and it didnt have enough time to reach 2 mil before you get to the part where you dont get records sales anymore.
That stinks but if you do it right after 1 fight the song should hit 2 mil.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #23
tetu

Tetu 87's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project KG View Post
That stinks but if you do it right after 1 fight the song should hit 2 mil.
i did that 4 artist second song and amount spend 1,141,559 and total units sold (after 3 fight) 1,047,036,512 and amount earnet 1,912,959,168
tetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
Oryan

Send a message via AIM to Oryan Send a message via MSN to Oryan

i0ryaN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Geometry Wars - Silver   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Are there any deathtraps on the roof level?

When I say deathtraps, I mean like the window in the penthouse. (You throw them in and they automatically die)
Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #25
ac2565
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryan View Post
Are there any deathtraps on the roof level?

When I say deathtraps, I mean like the window in the penthouse. (You throw them in and they automatically die)
No but the when your opponent is in the corner of the square in which the helicopter is inside it deals more damage.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #26
daewezzy

Send a message via AIM to daewezzy

DAEWEZZY's Gamercard
quick question about the "BMF" achievement. Do you have to complete each fight on hard mode? or can you just change the difficulty at the end?

Looking to boost for GRAW 2 (Co-op DLC) & MoH: Airborne. Send me a FR with a message!
daewezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #27
Project KG

Mercenary KG's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetu View Post
i did that 4 artist second song and amount spend 1,141,559 and total units sold (after 3 fight) 1,047,036,512 and amount earnet 1,912,959,168
oh well I sold like 2.4 mil after 1 fight then after I had another fight I got up to a billion.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #28
Bax x360a
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Bax x360a

Bax x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great guide, thanks for this. im also wondering about the question do you have to do BMF on hard mode or can you just switch it to that at the end?
Bax x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #29
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by utdalanbaxter06 View Post
Great guide, thanks for this. im also wondering about the question do you have to do BMF on hard mode or can you just switch it to that at the end?
you have to beat it all on hard, sorry to say.

i reloaded my guy with it on hard and won the last series of fights and it did not unlock. so im gonna start goin through it on hard again. i will let you know if it unlocks early, cuz of me already beating the end...
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #30
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project KG View Post
oh well I sold like 2.4 mil after 1 fight then after I had another fight I got up to a billion.
oh yeah. my dad can beat up your dad!

you guys dont need to argue
if you sold a billion after 2 fights, you should retire from all video games and just serve as def jam's God. i bow to you...
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote