PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Red Dead Redemption
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #61
KIDDRAGON67

Sir Vegemite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
100% might be missable, since the stranger mission were you need to find three types of flowers. Since the flowers don't respawn, so all you have to do is mainly finish the mission before you go getting flowers for your personal sweetheart.

(Is it also possible to buy flowers from a shop)
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #62
GalaxyRed13

Send a message via AIM to GalaxyRed13 Send a message via Yahoo to GalaxyRed13

MarkMagmonic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
About the 100% one, someone will probably need to make a mini-guide for the challenges. At least in terms of the master hunter challenge (trying to find some of the animals is a pain, and there should probably be tips for fighting those "rare animals" too). I know there's animal "drawings" on the map, but that's only if you're zoomed out. Not to mention, not all animals are on there (no birds, or small animals, aside from armadillos, coyotes and foxes). I also know that the guide has a list of the animals you need for "Unnatural Selection", but it's just a list, not a estimated location of their whereabouts.
GalaxyRed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #63
shawn006

You can get the MOST WANTED achievement very easy in Blackwater. Just travel to Blackwater and head to the west side of the town. There will be a brick building with two ladders on it that says "WELCOME TO BLACKWATER." It also has advertisements for Crick's Family Style Soap, Pinch Brand Commode, and Amos Stilton Foot Powders. Climb up both ladders to the rooftop and start shooting people up there.

Law enforcement will come and you can shoot them as well from the roof. If they get too close to the building and you can't shoot them, when your Wanted status disappears, they'll start to walk away. Kill one and more people will come. Keep killing until you get a $1000 bounty and just sit on the roof behind cover for 10 minutes. They won't come up there, and you don't have to hop on a mount and make a risky escape.
shawn006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #64
Lightbreed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
Buckin' Awesome - 10
Break the Kentucky Saddler, the American Standardbred, and the Hungarian Half-bred.

Pending Info.
Figured I'd assist with this one since no one had really mentioned it here and this site has such awesome guides:

Kentucky Saddler (Golden Pearl with Blonde Tail) - Unmissable. Acquired during the Wild Horses, Tamed Passions mission. (Bonnie MacFarlane's fourth)

Hungarian Half-bred (Completely White with a Grey nose.) - Easily acquired in the Mexican Desert where the horses are marked on the large map in-game [Central Diez Coronas]. (In my experience, I was on the first leg of Love is the Opiate and headed through the canyon valley from El Matadero, hugging the western wall and ran into one. At first, the horses were both brown and then one turned white. Unsure if this was due to the side-quest or not, though.)

American Standardbred (Completely Black, Hard to miss in the snow.) - Whilst hunting bears South of Nikoti Rock [Tall Trees], I encountered one. It was under the face of the mountain that holds the only actual "cave" in the game that isn't a mine.

All you have to do for the actual credit of the achievement is:

Lasso > Mount > Balance Mini-game

As soon as you sit on the horse like any other domesticated mount, you're credited as having broken it in and the game should announce to you, "New items available for purchase!"

On another note, having a mini-guide to getting Frontiersman should probably be footed in here somewhere's. Most places already have the Survivalist and Treasure Hunter up so it wouldn't be that hard to include a link or some such.

My one tip for the Master Hunter Rank 8 (Melee a Bear):
I got lucky on this one; as I was meandering through Tall Trees attempting to locate Beavers (Rare buggers that they are. I also got Bearly Legal without actually trying by defending myself from all the ones attacking me while going for beavers, and then some. Probably a joke in there somewhere...) for the Daedalus and Son Stranger quest, a man being chased by a bear appeared. This provided the perfect opportunity to dismount and chase the bear chasing the man and score 10 (Yes, Ten) knife hits on the bear. This took quite a considerable amount of time to do and a lot of distance. If anyone actually did this without "abusing the system," I applaud you, :P.

Another quick tip about Heading South on a White Bronco/Friends in High Places:

If you have an issue with the game realizing how much of a bounty you've racked up, let some time pass in-game, i.e. Go camp/save somewhere and then quick travel to a house of yours (Preferably Armadillo; It seems easiest to evade people there by getting out of town and then mowing down any pursuers that come following. After that, just fast travel via camp to a train station and turn in your Pardon Letter.)

Thanks again for the guide, I know it helped me. (Still working on the Spurred to Victory...Will repost if "re-doing" the missions unlocks it. I've had too many horses die to keep track, <_< >_> Stupid cougars...)
Lightbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:03 AM   #65
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbreed View Post
This provided the perfect opportunity to dismount and chase the bear chasing the man and score 10 (Yes, Ten) knife hits on the bear. This took quite a considerable amount of time to do and a lot of distance. If anyone actually did this without "abusing the system," I applaud you, :P
Lol I did this easy... Shoot it in the leg as it's charging you so it stumbles, the go knife it. Took one stab to finish it.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #66
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
Under the 100% part isnt there only 7 gang hideouts. Not 8?

WootNyllon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:10 AM   #67
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WootNyllon View Post
Under the 100% part isnt there only 7 gang hideouts. Not 8?
Yep, I counted the one in the mountains by mistake. Seeing as the last one is story related it doesn't count towards the hideouts but as a mission. I've corrected that mistakes now.

I'm slowly going through and making alterations, there shouldn't be too many as I've been taking careful notes while playing.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:40 AM   #68
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
Quote:
Yep, I counted the one in the mountains by mistake. Seeing as the last one is story related it doesn't count towards the hideouts but as a mission. I've corrected that mistakes now.

I'm slowly going through and making alterations, there shouldn't be too many as I've been taking careful notes while playing.
Okay good cause I was so confused. Thanks.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #69
Xylon Uxkid

Xylon Uxkid's Gamercard
How many players are needed to start a FFA in public match?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #70
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
Strangers?

*EDIT: I found it. Heres the complete list.*

I am missing one stranger. Could someone tell me which one I am missing?

These are the ones I have completed.

Aztec Gold
Deadalus and Son
California
Flowers for a Lady
Poppycock
Eva in Peril
Lights Camera Action
The Prohibitionist
The Wronged Woman
American Lobbyist
Funny Man
I Know You
Who Are You to Judge
Water and Honesty
American Appetites
Let No Man Put Asunder
Love is a Opiate
Jenny's Faith.

Last edited by WootNyllon; 05-22-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #71
Guffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbreed View Post
My one tip for the Master Hunter Rank 8 (Melee a Bear):
I got lucky on this one; as I was meandering through Tall Trees attempting to locate Beavers (Rare buggers that they are. I also got Bearly Legal without actually trying by defending myself from all the ones attacking me while going for beavers, and then some. Probably a joke in there somewhere...) for the Daedalus and Son Stranger quest, a man being chased by a bear appeared. This provided the perfect opportunity to dismount and chase the bear chasing the man and score 10 (Yes, Ten) knife hits on the bear. This took quite a considerable amount of time to do and a lot of distance. If anyone actually did this without "abusing the system," I applaud you, :P.
All the animals have extremely stupid AI when you run towards them. Usually bears wander in pack of two so just shoot the second one and dismount. Avoid the first charge and then just keep running towards it, eventually it tries to turn and you can land a couple of stabs in. Keep running behind the bear and it will go down after ~10 stabs without being able to damage you at all.

Shooting to weaken them also works. But hell, when a cowboy is told to wrestle a bear. He goes by the code of honor and wrestles one!

Same worked against wolves and cougars aswell. They were only lethal if they had enought range to do their charge.

Last edited by Guffie; 05-22-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Guffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #72
WootNyllon

Nyllon's Gamercard
Time to get 100% (Achievements, not story.)

I say 120 hours would be pushing it. I have 90% of the game complete as of right now and I have completed the storyline and this has taken me around 25 hours. I have played multiplayer for about 5-7 hours and I am level 18 and believe me around 1 hour of that was just me dieing from random idiots in public games. I say you could get lv 50 in around 25-40 hours or less...if you stay in private games and just grind hideouts. So I say 50-75 hours to get 100%(Achievements).

Old 05-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #73
Rated R
Banned User

i7z idarrenx's Gamercard
How hard is the FFA matches to win 3 in a row?
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #74
Snaxx5

Snaxx5's Gamercard
Really good work with the guide, thanks very much.
Snaxx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #75
CypherDextrous

CypherDextrous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thanks for the guide, It's very helpful.
CypherDextrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #76
kzone1991

dl kryzi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon Uxkid View Post
How many players are needed to start a FFA in public match?
You need at least two players to start a FFA.

kzone1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #77
Rated R
Banned User

i7z idarrenx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzone1991 View Post
You need at least two players to start a FFA.

Can you boost them at all?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #78
Myndsync

Myndsync's Gamercard
for Unnatural selection: Mules do not need to be killed, achievement popped for me without one.

also i think that u should add that Fightin' Round the World is missable...after u do the story quest to kill all the Mexican army soldiers in Casa Madrugada, the town will no longer spawn npcs(at least it doesn't for me).

on a side note: i'm praying that that one counted for me because i did knock someone out there, just cant remember if it got saved.

also I don't know if the above info has been stated already and the guide hadn't been updated...so if it has, sorry for not reading the 2 pages following said guide.

Myndsync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #79
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Yes! Finaly got that 3 FFA wins achievement so thanks for all the tips guys. Now just need Most Wanted, need 2 people for is right? Any good spots to camp at?

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #80
kzone1991

dl kryzi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
Can you boost them at all?
Not sure 100% but i think you could boost it with a friend if you're lucky. Try to start a FFA event on Free Roam and see how many people will join. Thats how i got mine, i started a FFA event and only one person joined so i just tried my best to win 3 times in a row, he left on the third match and the achievement pop'ed so even if the person leaves you get a win.

kzone1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #81
Rated R
Banned User

i7z idarrenx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzone1991 View Post
Not sure 100% but i think you could boost it with a friend if you're lucky. Try to start a FFA event on Free Roam and see how many people will join. Thats how i got mine, i started a FFA event and only one person joined so i just tried my best to win 3 times in a row, he left on the third match and the achievement pop'ed so even if the person leaves you get a win.

I've just won one match then went back to single player, you don't have to play them all in one sitting do you?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #82
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
I've just won one match then went back to single player, you don't have to play them all in one sitting do you?
The wins have to be in row mate sorry.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #83
xHellFireLordx

how do you get that achievement, Nurture or Nature achievement i completed the game and it seem's that mission it asks for doesn't exist a guide or an explanation please?
xHellFireLordx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #84
xUKxSniperDemon

xUKxSniperDemon's Gamercard
How do you unlock the achievement "Nuture or Nature"? as I have completed campaign at least to what I think is the end and this achievement is yet to unlock

Halo 3
Fable 2
Gears of War 2
Modern Warfare 2

Arcade 100%

Dash of Destruction
A Kingdom for Keflings

"Some are born Great, some acheive Greatness, And some... Greatness thrusts upon them"
xUKxSniperDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #85
Thegreatest7884

Send a message via AIM to Thegreatest7884

Vantagonist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You can buy an item called Rabbit's foot from a store in Armadillo which increases money looted by 20%. This could be a good thing to put under the $10000 achievement. You have to do a mission to unlock it for purchase, but unfortunately I can't remember which.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #86
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myndsync View Post
also i think that u should add that Fightin' Round the World is missable...after u do the story quest to kill all the Mexican army soldiers in Casa Madrugada, the town will no longer spawn npcs(at least it doesn't for me).
NPCs still spawned for me, and I went back after unlocking Blackwater.

Gears of War 3 Video Collectibles Guide
Resident Evil 5 Video Emblem Guide

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/gamerevx
AotG: 1st to beat on Hard/US & Team to 200.
My 1st achievement guide!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
GaMeReVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #87
skribla

Skribla DJ's Gamercard
Spurred to Victory

Can someone help me with this achieve - I was given the stallion in one of the missions with Bonnie, and held on to it. I've kept the horse for ages and done loads of missions. Once I completed the assualt on Fort Mercer I went and saw Irish, and then did the mission where you go down the river to New Mexico. When I got to the end there was a horse on the side there. I just travelled back to the first island and whistled for my horse but the one from the last mission came back.

Is there anyway to get it back? Also I'm thinking that if I do have to just go back and replay missions to get this acheve it will probably be impossible because there is simply not enough story-based missions between being given the stallion and moving to New Mexico.

Any help/ advice appreciated

skribla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #88
domn8rdom

Domn8rdom's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Mowing Them Down - 20
Kill 500 enemies with a mounted weapon in any game mode.

All single player and multiplayer kills count towards this achievement.

You will encounter the Gatling Gun on a regular basis throughout the games story missions.
  • Gatling Gun
  • Cannon
See "Long Arm of Marston"
You are missing the Browning Gun

Quote:
Hit the Trail - 10
Get from Blackwater to Escalera before sundown in a public Free Roam session.

Before you start this make sure the clock on the start menu has at least 6 or so hours of light. The sun rises at 6am and sets at around 5pm, use the transport hubs to make your way up to Blackwater. Bring up your map and then move down to the bottom right hand corner, then place a marker at Escalera. Once you're ready make your way from Blackwater down to Escalera, be careful to avoid other players as most will shoot at you regardless of where you run into them on the map.
Escalera is the bottom left hand corner. Its not like they wont find it though

Great Guide. Keep it up
domn8rdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #89
Enemy Instinct

Enemy Instinct's Gamercard
awesome job. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #90
Daggra

Daggrax1313's Gamercard
I'd just like to recommend the mission: "Lucky in Love" for the gold medal achievement. Just skip the cutscenes, and there are only 6 enemies. 2 of which you kill in a duel, so it's really easy to finish in about under 3 minutes and get all 6 headshots. Also to save time, skip to your turn each time in the poker game.

Daggra is offline   Reply With Quote