Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Alan Wake
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
matty cheetham

Matty Cheetham's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A Question left unanswered ? SPOLIERS

at the end of episode 3 when Alan falls into the lake who the hell fishes him out, it never explains this.
Also the end of the story is crazy bad and should be ashamed of itself for not explaining itself clearly enough, from what i understand Alan realised that everything good written in the lake must be paired with something bad he wrote alice free but in the process trapped himself.
He is now trying to write another story involving mr scratch that completely defeats the darkness this is why you see the new keeper and the new face of darkness at the end, Alan Wake Up is the start of the new story involving the doppelganger, this is farfetched and would create a massive paradox however this is the reason the ending sucks it dosent explain enough.
ARGH this is so frustrating... hurry up DLC

Thanks to supergaz for the sig

matty cheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty cheetham View Post
at the end of episode 3 when Alan falls into the lake who the hell fishes him out, it never explains this.
Also the end of the story is crazy bad and should be ashamed of itself for not explaining itself clearly enough, from what i understand Alan realised that everything good written in the lake must be paired with something bad he wrote alice free but in the process trapped himself.
He is now trying to write another story involving mr scratch that completely defeats the darkness this is why you see the new keeper and the new face of darkness at the end, Alan Wake Up is the start of the new story involving the doppelganger, this is farfetched and would create a massive paradox however this is the reason the ending sucks it dosent explain enough.
ARGH this is so frustrating... hurry up DLC
I forget his name, but the guy that grabs you is the muscle at Dr.Hartman's lodge - this is explained in one of the manuscript pages you find I believe.

As for "not explaining enough" or "not explaining well enough", this was intentional by the devs as they reveal during the in-game commentary (limited edition bonus feature), they didn't want to reveal too much otherwise it would lose the magic of the game, they wanted to make it so that the player would have to figure out for himself the story and what happened, and that they would discuss it with others - looking at the threads here, they seem to have done well in doing just that. It also gives them more to work with for DLC and the next installment of the game.
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vampyr View Post
I forget his name, but the guy that grabs you is the muscle at Dr.Hartman's lodge - this is explained in one of the manuscript pages you find I believe.
Yeah, Hartman watched from the window and sent him out in the boat when he seen you fall.

There was an error though.
He said the flare was still lit when it was on/in the water so he knew where to send the guy, but in the cutscene you see it go out when Alan is in the water