PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Brave: A Warrior's Tale
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
redsales

redsales's Gamercard
Easy way to get the dreaded totem #40

This is the one inthe ice level where you call a bird from afar and it deposits a totem on an ice floe and you must jump across without dying to get it. Well, after about 20 jumps, it's easy to slip up once and start the whole thing over.

So, instead of what the guide suggests (mimicking the bird on land and then doing ALLL the jumps), get this totem early on, while the blizzard is still in effect and you are tracking the yeti. Wait until you are just before the hummock where the totem will be deposited and then, at that point, mimic the bird. I tried doing it from the hummock itself, but the camera didn't allow me to pick up the bird.

Mimic the bird from one of the lower ice floes about 2 or 3 jumps away (or even closer, as long as the camera lets you see the bird), and then you just have a few easy jumps for it.

The bonus is, if you do this while you are tracking the yeti, even if you happen to fall in, it will spawn you at the last yeti print you tracked, and you can mimic again for the relatively short attempt.

I don't know why the video guide suggested the hard way, but this one is confirmed. Enjoy the 1000G.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Seraphim Lloyd

Archdemon Sendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That guide really pissed me off when I saw the totem in that area.
Seraphim Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
Fatalfox

Fringe of Fate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
same here but redsales' method works VERY well
I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Coalition. I will defend and maintain the Order of Life as it was proclaimed by the Allfathers of the Coalition in the Octus Cannon. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty so long as I am needed. Steadfast, I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in the Coalition.
- I AM A GEAR (Oath of the Coalition)
Fatalfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
Captain Nerdy

Captain Nerdy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsales View Post
This is the one inthe ice level where you call a bird from afar and it deposits a totem on an ice floe and you must jump across without dying to get it. Well, after about 20 jumps, it's easy to slip up once and start the whole thing over.

So, instead of what the guide suggests (mimicking the bird on land and then doing ALLL the jumps), get this totem early on, while the blizzard is still in effect and you are tracking the yeti. Wait until you are just before the hummock where the totem will be deposited and then, at that point, mimic the bird. I tried doing it from the hummock itself, but the camera didn't allow me to pick up the bird.

Mimic the bird from one of the lower ice floes about 2 or 3 jumps away (or even closer, as long as the camera lets you see the bird), and then you just have a few easy jumps for it.

The bonus is, if you do this while you are tracking the yeti, even if you happen to fall in, it will spawn you at the last yeti print you tracked, and you can mimic again for the relatively short attempt.

I don't know why the video guide suggested the hard way, but this one is confirmed. Enjoy the 1000G.

Ah...you beat me to posting it! I used this exact method to get the Totem myself! Thanks for posting it for others to see that may not have figured it out after HOURS of falling in the damn ice! Ha!

.....and this is my WIRELESS SPEED...FTW!!! ---------^
Captain Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
beezelBug

beezelBug's Gamercard
worked perfectly...thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
Digilearner

Send a message via MSN to Digilearner

Digilearner's Gamercard
Thank you!

I noticed that you can do it from where the totem will land though. I literally stood on the spot where the bird dropped off the totem. I just spammed B a lot and it picked up.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #7
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
fucking hell i just gave on on collecting this hound from hell numbr 40, its plain impossible jumping these ice blocks that dip in the water

is it possible to return to the point where the blizzard is still there?

so ive found its possible you can replay levels later during the final boss fight

Last edited by raidenhardcore; 08-16-2010 at 06:09 PM.
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
I ended up just re-doing the level, it is annoying as FUCK!

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #9
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
wish i would of seen this post first.
reallly, you can go back to any level, pick up any totem not collected. but this one. really cmon bro. what kind of shit is that ?

edit:
if you fall in the water while you are trying to get the #40 totem & you get to the ice block where its suppose to be. just mimic the bird gain for it to come and drop the totem down.
if you do end up missing it the first time around and dont want to play the level again, you can jump the ice cubes from the end, where you meet sasquash in the game. its only about 6 ice cubes you have to jump.

Last edited by MeonOner; 03-20-2012 at 07:53 PM.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thats what I thought when I got to that point in the video guide, but it was too late already. Drove me nuts, as I kept on failing. Finally I managed to do it though (after struggling with the most stupid glitch again: jumping against an invisible wall, and hence not being able to reach a next platform... First dropping off a little bit of the platform and pressing then, solved that glitch for me. Ridiculous bug that can really make you scream at the screen at that part of the game)
Good to know, that it is possible to replay chapters. I'm not sure if it saved totem #40, as I turned off my xbox shortly after picking it up, because I had to leave the house ... Well, I'll find out tomorrow. Please, just don't make me replay this shit!

N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote