Harvest Moon 64's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great guide, thanks.

Plengrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #62
Red Testament

Red Testament's Gamercard
Finally, a guide with the manuscript page names. Every list has the locations, but no names. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #63
Hoborg
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Looks like this thread is open again. I wanted to say a big THANKS to Tyger for this excellent collectibles guide.

What makes it great:

1. It's all listed in order unlike the guide on gamesradar which had pictures (trade-off I guess)

2. Names on manuscripts are listed for easy reference. I'd rather just focus on finding the 2-3 that I missed in each chapter than being forced to collect them all just to be safe.

Great job.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #64
tobiasdennis
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to tobiasdennis

doomfarmer's Gamercard
Great job on the guide man. HUGE help!

(The only way this guide could get any better would be having the ability to click on the collectible and view a screen shot of the location...)

Last edited by tobiasdennis; 05-24-2010 at 07:13 PM.
tobiasdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #65
Archvile78

xRiBx Archvile's Gamercard
Thanks to your guide i just got 1000/1000 in the game. =D
Archvile78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:41 AM   #66
MasterWolf

Radio 6/11 seems to be glitched for me. I thought it wasnt a radio because it technically was not a "show" but police talking, except I checked other guides and it shows it. Maybe it it will register after I finish the episode.
MasterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 AM   #67
N3xus Gam3r

Send a message via Skype™ to N3xus Gam3r

Noxington's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Looks like this thread is open again. I wanted to say a big THANKS to Tyger for this excellent collectibles guide.
Since when did this thread get closed?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:05 AM   #68
MasterWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWolf View Post
Radio 6/11 seems to be glitched for me. I thought it wasnt a radio because it technically was not a "show" but police talking, except I checked other guides and it shows it. Maybe it it will register after I finish the episode.
I just checked and 6/11 is infact not counted as a radio. The radio is listed though in this guide "Lorna Miles, Humanitarian (Radio 7) is. You get this radio when you arrive at the radio station to talk to Maine. Main is talking to a woman on the telephone, and she talks about trailer parks and how the police should not be wasting resources and instead focus on the normal citizens.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #69
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3xus Gam3r View Post
Since when did this thread get closed?
Achievement one did, not this.

Quote:
I just checked and 6/11 is infact not counted as a radio. The radio is listed though in this guide "Lorna Miles, Humanitarian (Radio 7) is. You get this radio when you arrive at the radio station to talk to Maine. Main is talking to a woman on the telephone, and she talks about trailer parks and how the police should not be wasting resources and instead focus on the normal citizens.
I just noticed you are absolutely correct, radio 7 is indeed automatic. Thanks for clearing this up! Major help! (Luckily people following the guide would not have missed it, but it will clear it up if they are checking stats).

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-25-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #70
MasterWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Achievement one did, not this.

I just noticed you are absolutely correct, radio 7 is indeed automatic. Thanks for clearing this up! Major help! (Luckily people following the guide would not have missed it, but it will clear it up if they are checking stats).
Whoops sorry, I just checked and I was unclear.

"Radio Show (6/11): You’ll continue on for a while and be introduced to flashbang grenades. Head to the Safe Haven light which has more flashbangs and batteries to grab. Right by the flashbangs is the radio.

Radio Show (7/11): This radio is automatic. (edited by me) When you get to the actual radio station, you can hear the host from outside. He is having a conversation with a lady who called in to his show. Once the discussion is over, it will register automatically.
Manuscript (37/106): After the radio station cut scene, head down the path and you’ll see it in plain sight on the fence."

7/11 was actually 6/11, and 6/11 was 7/11. And 7/11 is before manuscript 37/106. Sorry about that.

Last edited by MasterWolf; 05-25-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #71
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
I seriously cannot find thermos #63 and its pissing me off.

EDIT::

Wow as soon as i look up after posting this i see it shining out there!

Good guide but you need to fix it up a bit because i missed a few thermoses because they are not colored!

For example look at number 60.

Last edited by FYC Punker; 05-25-2010 at 12:25 PM.
FYC Punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #72
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Whoops sorry, I just checked and I was unclear.

7/11 was actually 6/11, and 6/11 was 7/11. And 7/11 is before manuscript 37/106. Sorry about that.
It's okay, I saw the post, played the chapter over again, and figured it out. I did an update to the radio specific section (last post) and in the Updates part I added that info and gave you a thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYC Punker View Post
I seriously cannot find thermos #63 and its pissing me off.

EDIT::

Wow as soon as i look up after posting this i see it shining out there!

Good guide but you need to fix it up a bit because i missed a few thermoses because they are not colored!

For example look at number 60.
That's the kind of info I need you guys to give me so I can do so I check this regularly for any corrections I need to do! Just edited, I will scroll through and see if there are anymore

EDIT: Just went through the list again, that 60 was the last one that needed to be colored out of the thermoses. Thanks!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 05-25-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #73
daviduk2000

daviduk2000's Gamercard

if i miss a collectable. and retry the episode. will i have to get all of them again or just the ones i missed?

cause i missed some in chapter 2 right at the end and couldnt backtrack to them.

also does it matter if i complete it then go back and get them?
daviduk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #74
Awesome Tree

A bit offtopic,the fact you use the actual achievement pictures instead of the question mark blocks for your achievement guide means a whole lot more to me.

You've helped me get all the Normal manuscripts, thanks a bunch.

One thing though, for the manuscript where you locate at the top near the radio tower, 38 i think. You say to go right, when it's actually left. I found my way going back to the start of that checkpoint. :S
Awesome Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:22 PM   #75
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviduk2000 View Post
if i miss a collectable. and retry the episode. will i have to get all of them again or just the ones i missed?

cause i missed some in chapter 2 right at the end and couldnt backtrack to them.

Just the ones you missed. If you check your stats sheet when you start it and pick up any that you know you've gotten, check you stats again and you'll see that they didn't change.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #76
daviduk2000

daviduk2000's Gamercard

K thanks. good job i know what ones i missed,
daviduk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #77
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Tree View Post

One thing though, for the manuscript where you locate at the top near the radio tower, 38 i think. You say to go right, when it's actually left. I found my way going back to the start of that checkpoint. :S
Manuscript (38/106): Upon arriving at a generator to create the Safe Haven, face the light. Now turn to your right, and run up that path. Once youíve hit the wall, keep it to your right as you continue and youíll eventually start winding up the cliff. Go all the way up and itís by the radio tower at the top.

This is the manuscript in question. When I say face the light (the Safe Haven one) I am talking about facing it with the pole behind the light. Are you facing from opposite direction?

Did you mean when you get to the wall you go left instead of right? I remember along the path very much going to my right on the wall though. Might be wrong.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 05-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #78
Firegunbang

Firegunbang's Gamercard
This is beautiful! I was holding off on doing my 2nd playthrough until I had a chronological collectibles guide, and you certainly delivered!

Thanks!
Firegunbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #79
Frikeer

Frikeer's Gamercard
I just finished my nightmare playthrough taking the NM-pages with this guide. Probably the best guide out there!
Frikeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #80
CcAaRrSsOoNn3

Having trouble finding Manuscript #38. When I go right I end up on some rocks that I cannot climb up

CcAaRrSsOoNn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #81
neil_lien

Still can't believe this isn't stickied - what more needs to be done? No seriously, what?

If it's all about "first come first serve" then why do so many template roadmaps get deleted straight away? Because they are unfinished I hear you say? Well, so is the stickied collectibles guide at the minute - it doesn't have the nightmare manuscripts, doesn't even have proper pictured achievement icons, and I don't even think it's in proper order.

If it is really about quality then that other guide should be replaced with this one (ego's set aside).

Recently much the same happened for MW2. The member (Tural I think) spent ages hunting down all the intel ready for us on release day - one of the first people in the internet. Very well documented and in order, the thread was probably the highest viewed at that point. He even went through it again recording video clips of their location which were uploaded later on. Then a month or two afterwards a mod created an intel guide and decided his was better; self linking it from the stickied encyclopedia thread.

I appreciate your time spent on these which I can only imagine a lot of time was invested, and I did use both your guides for Alan Wake (Tyger's collectibles and Webb's roadmap). However there is a serious lack of respect when it comes to ordinary users attempting these write ups. It's a community, doesn't have to be all this fuss.... anyway, that's all from me.

+ Unlocked: every achievement on every COD +
(from COD1 to Advanced Warfare)
neil_lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #82
Craigpremium

Quote:
Manuscript (38/106): Upon arriving at a generator to create the Safe Haven, face the light. Now turn to your right, and run up that path. Once you’ve hit the wall, keep it to your right as you continue and you’ll eventually start winding up the cliff. Go all the way up and it’s by the radio tower at the top.

This is the manuscript in question. When I say face the light (the Safe Haven one) I am talking about facing it with the pole behind the light. Are you facing from opposite direction?

Did you mean when you get to the wall you go left instead of right? I remember along the path very much going to my right on the wall though. Might be wrong.
Simply put i think its easier if you follow the original path after the safe heaven and turn right where the road forks, then continue up along the hill road... it gets less confusing.

P.S. you where supposed to turn left not right, when you face the wall otherwise it will just bring you back where you started.
Craigpremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #83
Stumpy25

Stumpy25's Gamercard
Thanks, helped me get my 1k today. One of the best guides I've ever seen - awesome job!

Last edited by Stumpy25; 05-26-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Stumpy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #84
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviduk2000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigpremium View Post
Simply put i think its easier if you follow the original path after the safe heaven and turn right where the road forks, then continue up along the hill road... it gets less confusing.

P.S. you where supposed to turn left not right, when you face the wall otherwise it will just bring you back where you started.

I actually did have the corret directons but anyone could have easily read them wrong. I had said "Keep it to your right" as in the wall. Having something on your right side means you were going left. I edited saying giving the hint on what I meant exactly.

Sorry about the confusion on that!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #85
Awesome Tree

Quote:
Manuscript (38/106): Upon arriving at a generator to create the Safe Haven, face the light. Now turn to your right, and run up that path. Once youíve hit the wall, keep it to your right as you continue and youíll eventually start winding up the cliff. Go all the way up and itís by the radio tower at the top.

Ah. See, I was facing the light directly, from in front of it. ^^''
Old 05-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #86
narvdude

narvdude's Gamercard
Talking

I'll definately use this guide when I come to play the game! Thanks
narvdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #87
feelthecrash

Amazing job dude for reals!!! Thanks
feelthecrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #88
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Tree View Post
Ah. See, I was facing the light directly, from in front of it. ^^''
Figured out it was just a hard description to read. I was saying to keep the wall on your right side when you go to it. So you would turn left (wall is now on your right arm).

Just a poor way to describe it I guess Updated more info into that one.

Xbox360 games I have
Old 05-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #89
Langeboy

Langeboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Great guide! Seems Manuscript number 44 is missing? Any idea's where this is? Or is it just me?
edit: Also, it might just be me but it seemed like Manuscripts 17 and 18 where around the wrong way. I was missing the one in the Gazebo, but according to your named numbers I was missing the one in the trunk of the car which I had.
edit v2: Sorry, after my ingenious plan to use internet explorers 'find' bar, I found you do have manuscript 44, it's just not highlighted in blue. My bad :P.
Keep up these great guides, I used your Splinter Cell one as well.

Last edited by Langeboy; 05-26-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Langeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #90
Awesome Tree

Maybe a future challenge could be a map with all the collectibles? Or maybe pictures of them. It's good as is though.