Usb just for power?

dhartwell

Please lock this if this has already been discussed, but is the USB just for power, or is actually transmitting the button signals? I assume it does both, but if it was just power, it would be easy to mod to be wireless. I see no way to test this other then cutting the wire (which i'm not going to do).

I'm already planing on cracking the thing open to mount a new "Back" button for easy star power.

I'm also debating whether or not to make it wireless by using the innards of a regular wireless controller.

Please lock this if this has already been discussed, but is the USB just for power, or is actually transmitting the button signals? I assume it does both, but if it was just power, it would be easy to mod to be wireless. I see no way to test this other then cutting the wire (which i'm not going to do).

I'm already planing on cracking the thing open to mount a new "Back" button for easy star power.

I'm also debating whether or not to make it wireless by using the innards of a regular wireless controller.

I'd DEFINITELY be interesting in adding a back button. That's one of the worst design decisions I've ever seen. The whammy bar seems a bit off as well.

I'd DEFINITELY be interesting in adding a back button. That's one of the worst design decisions I've ever seen. The whammy bar seems a bit off as well.

Do you think it would be better to have the new button on the neck near the fret buttons or near the strum bar?

So if it was just power...how do you assume it's transmitting the button presses?

I must be reading this wrong...

What do you need to mount a new button for? You can activate Star Power just by tilting the guitar. It works just like the PS2 version except the the PCB inside the 360 version has an accelerometer on it rather than tilt switches.

I know that you tilt the guitar but it still is harder than the ps2 version to get sometimes. A new button would only make it easier to do without screwing up.

Weird, I guess I haven't noticed any problems with it. But, nothing wrong with having another way of doing it I guess.

My suggestion then would be to put it up on the neck in a place where you can easily hit it with your thumb. Putting it by the strum bar won't work very well because you'll spend just a fraction too much time "searching" for the button when you want to activate it and in the end would have been better off just tilting the guitar. :)