Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
B1GM13

B1GM13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hitman 2 Locked and Loaded

Quote:
20th Century Fox has reportedly hired Spanish filmmaker Daniel Benmayor to direct Hitman 2, but the question is whether there will be a new actor stepping into the shoes of Agent 47?

Deadline reports that Benmayor, a commercials director whose credits include Paintball and Bruc, will be making his stateside feature filmmaking debut with the sequel to the 2007 game-to-film adaptation.

Kyle Ward, who also scripted Kane & Lynch, penned the sequel's script. Variety reported last year that the sequel will be based on the Eidos game Hitman 5, which they said at the time was set for a late 2010 release. Deadline had the following blurb about the plot: "Agent 47, is a beaten man and must build himself back psychologically and physically to reclaim his mantle as world's most feared assassin."

Deadline also said that while the studio has an option on star Timothy Olyphant to return, it's not clear if he will reprise his role as Agent 47. As the site points out, Olyphant's career is hot right now thanks to his hit TV series Justified.
Source - IGN.com

i'm actually chuffed about this, this was one computer game to movie that i actually quite enjoyed.

didnt think much of the love interest story line in the first film, but other then that was a big fan, so this is very welcomed by me.
B1GM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I think you're one of the few people that I've heard of actually enjoying the movie. I'll need to catch the first one now that a sequel is coming out.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
RuYi

Location: It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.

Westraid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I enjoyed watching the first film, would want to see the 2nd one for sure. Always loved the games.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
HarperBird

HarperBird's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Noooooooooo first film was bad why make a second?!?

6 have had RRoD (one was also banned for being chipped)
1 E74 Error
1 Was given away

Sig by Nozza x360a/Breaking Bad= Best TV show ever!
HarperBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed the first one i see it Cinemas then bought it on DVD. The casting could of been done better because i didnt think Tim Olyphant was right for the role of Agent 47. I would of prefered somebody like Jason Statham or along those lines but nevertheless still a good film so im looking forward to this forsure.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
As long as it doesn't involve any pseudo-love interests, and/or sword fights... I might give it a watch.

I'd also like to see somebody else playing 47. Timothy Olyphant is one of those hit and miss actors and in Hitman... he was a miss.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Iconoclast

Iconoclastix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GM13 View Post
i'm actually chuffed about this, this was one computer game to movie that i actually quite enjoyed.

didnt think much of the love interest story line in the first film, but other then that was a big fan, so this is very welcomed by me.
Agree 100%. Overall I liked the movie (though I haven't seen it since it came out so I'm a bit fuzzy on the actual plotline of the film), though I remember the love story was a bit overdone to say the least. From what I can remember (ie. lack of background details), I think I'd like to see a prequel of what happened before just as much as a sequel of what happened after.

Still, out of all the game-to-movie adaptations I've seen, Hitman definitely sits fairly high on the list (unlike most, which don't even deserve a mention on the page).

RB2 - 1651 DLC songs (+RB1, GDRB, LRB, ACDC), platinum guitar/bass + vox.
MW2 - 10th Prestige baby!

Always looking for people in Bad Company 2 (PC NOT 360)
Want to join PpZ?
Send me a friend request in-game
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
BrianT

c0v3Rm3p0rkins's Gamercard
The first wasn't that bad. It could have been a lot better, but it could have been a lot worse. I lol'd when kids were in the hotel room playing hitman and he walked by.
BrianT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Wow, I'm surprised to see so much praise for the film. I had heard some really bad things about it. Didn't think there was more than five people who enjoyed it!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Master Chief Collection Club - Tier 3   VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Make that six! A pretty good movie and I didn't mind Olyphant either. He is much better suited for the movie than Jason Statham would have been IMO (and I'm a Jason Statham fan)
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Alright, I'm definitely going to check this movie out. It comes packed with another movie, both on Blu-ray at one of the electronic stores around me for like $15-$20 for both movies. Maybe I'll pick that up.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #12
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Hitman film was terrible IMO. It was a huge insult to the game series. Its only saving grace was the slight expossure of Olga's tittys, and one half decent fighting scene
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #13
elephantd

frizzzlecake107's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Olyphant is my boy, I would see anything with him in it. I don't care if he's bold or with dreadlocks.

RIP FRIZZLECAKE107
Looking to boost: RSV2(My hero!) Gears of war 1(anything)
elephantd is offline   Reply With Quote