Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > BioShock 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
iBlessing 09
Banned User

Rare Name's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
cant wait to crackdown on these achievements, im afraid there going to be really really hard
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I'm sure they won't be that hard..similar to the first games ones maybe..

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
robot z10

Send a message via MSN to robot z10 Send a message via Skype™ to robot z10

Robot z10's Gamercard
yes but on the first game they didnt have online :P and im dead excited theres only 2 more achievements i need on bioshock 1 and thats to find all the tape recordings and also "brassballs" where you have to complete the game on hard with out dieing
robot z10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
MKyouto

doing bioshock also only thing is, Stupid sister steals the xbox at night and well, i am only Home at night --''
MKyouto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
I hope that there isn't a Brass Balls achievement in Bio 2.

I would like to see a kill-count achievement, one that isn't ridiculously high like Gears 2 but enough to make it a challenge and doable.

Audio diaries... I'm no good at collectables, and really, this and Brass Balls are what's keeping me from getting 100% on the first game so please don't include this again
Old 10-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
WeaverDudeSkate

WeaverDudeSkate's Gamercard
Achieves!

Yeah, brass balls is the only one im missing on bioshock 1, and according to what the internet has been telling me, im not going to be able to get it because the dlc removes the options to turn the vita-chambers off. so im screwed for the 1100g, but 1000 is good enough, i guess :S
Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
UltimateToa

the dlc doesn't disable the "disable vitachamber" option, i have all 1100 G and i did brass balls with the dlc and update downloaded.

also i think that they should keep brass balls and the collectables, but still have the option to turn off vitachambers
UltimateToa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
Ninja x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
I am really hoping that as for the multiplayer mode, that there will not be any multiplayer achievments, i hate them and they take the fun away from multiplayer
Ninja x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaverDudeSkate View Post
the dlc removes the options to turn the vita-chambers off. so im screwed for the 1100g
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateToa View Post
the dlc doesn't disable the "disable vitachamber" option, i have all 1100 G and i did brass balls with the dlc and update downloaded.
This glitch is actually true.
But it is still possible to get the achievement.
I think it's something like, make a second Live profile, download the DLC using that profile and it should be sorted.
Check the Bioshock 1 forum for it though.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
so what do you think of the achievement list? i enjoy the list and hope the multiplayer is fun to keep me around. I also hope it isnt hella hard like gears 2

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
this is my strategy on approaching completion on this game, first just play inline like an addict and ge the multiplayer achievements, then wait if not done by the time i rank to 40, look up a map revailing the dairy location! and then finsih the story
that my approach any comments, good or bad?
guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
The mulitplayer achievements look fine, you should be able to get most of them in a couple of games. The rank ones may be a grind but we'll have to wait and see what the EXP system in the game is like.

The SP ones are fine, a little unoriginal but shouldn't be hard.
Hybridchld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #14
guillermo316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybridchld View Post
The mulitplayer achievements look fine, you should be able to get most of them in a couple of games. The rank ones may be a grind but we'll have to wait and see what the EXP system in the game is like.

The SP ones are fine, a little unoriginal but shouldn't be hard.
yeah its basically the same thing, if you see vidoes of the mutiplayer, its 5 xp per kill and it looks like they modeled thier leveling system like call of duty!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
spxyu02

Send a message via AIM to spxyu02

spxyu02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo316 View Post
yeah its basically the same thing, if you see vidoes of the mutiplayer, its 5 xp per kill and it looks like they modeled thier leveling system like call of duty!
thank god. I was afraid it was going to be trueskill, like Halo or Rockstar Table Tennis, which would be a bitch, meaning you'd have to wait to play for fun until after boosting up off of higher ranked friends or whatever (if completion % is important to you). The CoD type of xp and rank is better, you can just play to have fun and you'll be rewarded for your accomplishments against players of all different skills.
spxyu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
lordrex217

lordrex172's Gamercard
if the mp is done like COD then that shouldn't make it too much of a grind. hopefully none of the secret achievements are mp ones like in halo 3 (two for one, overkill, etc). other than that it doesn't look too bad. also, it looks like brass balls can be done on any difficulty.

lordrex217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:52 AM   #17
guillermo316

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrex217 View Post
if the mp is done like COD then that shouldn't make it too much of a grind. hopefully none of the secret achievements are mp ones like in halo 3 (two for one, overkill, etc). other than that it doesn't look too bad. also, it looks like brass balls can be done on any difficulty.
yeah, so basically for me at least it seem that its going to take 2 or 3 playtroughs to get all the story based achievemtns, one for hard, one on easy and without the vital chambers activated. and one for all the collectibles but you can do that on easy.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:17 AM   #18
darktrooper2112

GunBlade2112's Gamercard
The single player achievements are really similar, so I guess if you got them in Bioshock 1 they should be easy enough in 2. I'm actually intrigued by the multiplayer in this and am starting to hope it is good.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #19
Kaos456

Kaos456's Gamercard
They look fun, especially taking no damage or letting a splicer get to the little sister while harvesting Adam with them.

MP doesn't seem to bad, if they put as much effort as they say they did into it ill put the same into getting all of them. I'm stuck on a few achievements for 1 but I've got to fix the damn vita-chamber glitch first.

for 2 probably 3-4 playthroughs for achievements I'll add an extra 1 cause i know ill miss that 1 audio diary. But mp will come as you play, better to have fun than boost it i suppose. The achievements are like the first since there really aren't many achievements bioshock could have without going into stupidly annoying ones.
Kaos456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #20
Evil Blanka

SHINKU HAD0KEN's Gamercard
I expected this online achievements meh.Not good also a small amount of g score for the big brass balls achievement. Most of them seem fairly boring. I was hoping for things as genius as the irony achievement but most seem identical to the first game buy this collect that dont die etc. i hope the online doesnt spoil this game.
worms, street fighter 2 turbo, dash of destruction, virtual on, gunstar heroes, outrun online, soul calibur, portal still alive, golden axe, battlefield 1943, double dragon, super street fighter 2 turbo hd remix,
Evil Blanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #21
Hybridchld

Hybridchld's Gamercard
I'll probably go for two playthroughs, one on easy with vita-chambers to get all bar the one for finishing it on hard and the new Brass Balls. Then one on hard with the vita-chambers off, yes I know the you don't need to play on hard for Brass Balls this time but it wouldn't be as fun.
Hybridchld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #22
Evil Blanka

SHINKU HAD0KEN's Gamercard
brass balls no longer need to do on hard? interesting but as long as the game still feels like the original i will still consider this essential even though my online shooter ability is average at best, im fine on single player just not too good online
worms, street fighter 2 turbo, dash of destruction, virtual on, gunstar heroes, outrun online, soul calibur, portal still alive, golden axe, battlefield 1943, double dragon, super street fighter 2 turbo hd remix,
Evil Blanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #23
xI DaR3DeViL Ix

Send a message via AIM to xI DaR3DeViL Ix Send a message via MSN to xI DaR3DeViL Ix

Boxset Dan THFC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'm happy with the list, the multiplayer looks cool the single player is already cool and looks the same etc so a varied list is what I wanted. Hoping that the delay to improve the multiplayer was worth it so that it will be easily playable for all the achievements.

Thanks to Audacios for the awesome sig!
Props to Gackt for the amazing avatars!

xI DaR3DeViL Ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
FELIXjk007

Send a message via MSN to FELIXjk007 Send a message via Yahoo to FELIXjk007

FELIXjk007's Gamercard
thanks for the achievement list guys, I've been looking forward to this game for so long now and now I can actually see that I'll still buy it on release but at least I'm not going to be as disappointed as I would have been on learning about the new mp cheevo's!
Old 12-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
henryJSB

henryJSB's Gamercard
Kind of disappointed with the single player achievements, so similar. Looks like the hours will have to be put in in Multiplayer.

henryJSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #26
shilbo-assassin

the Bunk 187's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The multiplayer achievements dont seem as bad as the Brass Balls one. Gutted though they are basically the same but with MP ones. Still, as Bioshock was one of my favourite ever games, I'm not bothered too much. I only got about 840 / 1100 on the first. This game is one whereby achievements are secondary to the enjoyment of the game itself.

8000G Pro Evo
shilbo-assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:19 AM   #27
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I am looking forward to the MP. It will fun to have a different type of MP game other than the same ol same o
DOOKH8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #28
SiR x VeiRoN x

VeiRoN v2's Gamercard
I bet the Level 40 achiev will take a long time to be obtained ...
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
big brass balls

This one shouldn't be difficult. You can do it on easy. It doesn't say hard difficulty in the description.

Last edited by US07; 12-30-2009 at 05:19 PM.
US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #30
the Damage617

TheDudeeAbides's Gamercard
I'm looking forward to BioShock 2, just seems like a lot of the achievements are similar to the last game. But I'm not complaining I think the MP will make up for it.

the Damage617 is offline   Reply With Quote