PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Conviction > Deniable Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #31
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqzeb View Post
Yep, backup gets called in the first time a canister is blown up anyways.

hm did you try clearing your cache?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:23 AM   #32
eqzeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
hm did you try clearing your cache?
Yeah, thats what I mentioned in another thread. I think (or hope) clearing the cache will probably fix it, but I am going to have to wait until I get 2 more mutation playthroughs on L4D2 so the counter in that game doesnt glitch up on me if I clear my cache haha (apparently it has been screwing up for alot of people)...hopefully they release new mutation modes over the next 2 weeks and I can try then I suppose.
eqzeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:54 AM   #33
Giano

Giano Bifronte's Gamercard
FIRST, THANX TO TYGER7 FOR HIS HELPUL GUIDES!

Now, that's what I've done, in order to get the Demolition Crew achievement, after my 5th attempt, playing by myself (didn't need to clear my cache):

1) In EACH AREA, I've silently killed all the enemies, but one.

2) Then I've shot one fire extinguisher, in order to alert enemies (I don't why, but the game kept loading 2 guys per time, after I shot a fire extinguisher or an explosive barrel. So I had to take care of 3 enemies: the one I've saved and tagged from the original wave of enemies and the 2 guys from the backup...).

3) Again, killed all the enemies, but one; tagged this last, so I knew his last position;

4) then I've shot all the fire extinguisher at first, saving the explosive canisters and barrels at last: I didn't want to let a barrel blow up a fire extinguisher nearby (I think that does not count: I mean you have to shoot by yourself ALL the fire extinguishers and explosive barrels).

NOTE: I've died on the last area!
After the checkpoint, I've shot the only fire extinguisher reachable from the previous area (that one with one enemy...).

5) In the last area, I've silently killed all the guys, but one, then I've shot a fire extinguisher, alerted the backup, and again killed all the guys but one, then I've shot the other fire extinguisher at first and the explosives barrels at last.

NOTE: I've never, expecially in the last area, RELOADED AT THE ARMORY AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN THE LAST GUY AS HUMAN SHIELD, letting him chase me after I've shot the fire extinguishers and the explosives.
Do not let the enemies throw granades at you or shoot the barrels or the fire extinguishers!

So, I've cleared ALL areas, with the upmentioned (annoying and too long) method: for the "third area", the one with one enemy, save an emp and quickly reach the upper catwalks, then shoot all the fire extinguishers; control the turret and kill the lonely guy...

NOTE: I didn't throw my granades or mines, ever, (I was afraid of Chain-Reaction...)! I've always taken down enemies silently or shoot them in the face with my Five-Seven or the silenced MP5-SD3.

That's what I've done after FIVE ATTEMPTS and it worked, but I'm not yet sure you have to clear ALL the previous areas from explosives. I do think you have to shoot the fire extinguishers too, expecially in the last area.

Sorry for the long post, hope this helps.

Happy Hunting!
I was looking for a mentor, I've found only notaries...

Last edited by Giano; 06-03-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Giano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #34
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giano View Post

Now, that's what I've done, in order to get the Demolition Crew achievement, after my 5th attempt, playing by myself (didn't need to clear my cache):

2) Then I've shot one fire extinguisher, in order to alert enemies (I don't why, but the game kept loading 2 guys per time, after I shot a fire extinguisher or an explosive barrel. So I had to take care of 3 enemies: the one I've saved and tagged from the original wave of enemies and the 2 guys from the backup...).

3) Again, killed all the enemies, but one; tagged this last, so I knew his last position;

4) then I've shot all the fire extinguisher at first, saving the explosive canisters and barrels at last: I didn't want to let a barrel blow up a fire extinguisher nearby (I think that does not count: I mean you have to shoot by yourself ALL the fire extinguishers and explosive barrels).

After the checkpoint, I've shot the only fire extinguisher reachable from the previous area (that one with one enemy...).

5) In the last area, I've silently killed all the guys, but one, then I've shot a fire extinguisher, alerted the backup, and again killed all the guys but one, then I've shot the other fire extinguisher at first and the explosives barrels at last.

NOTE: I've never, expecially in the last area, RELOADED AT THE ARMORY AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN THE LAST GUY AS HUMAN SHIELD, letting him chase me after I've shot the fire extinguishers and the explosives.
Do not let the enemies throw granades at you or shoot the barrels or the fire extinguishers!

So, I've cleared ALL areas, with the upmentioned (annoying and too long) method: for the "third area", the one with one enemy, save an emp and quickly reach the upper catwalks, then shoot all the fire extinguishers; control the turret and kill the lonely guy...

NOTE: I didn't throw my granades or mines, ever, (I was afraid of Chain-Reaction...)! I've always taken down enemies silently or shoot them in the face with my Five-Seven or the silenced MP5-SD3.

That's what I've done after FIVE ATTEMPTS and it worked, but I'm not yet sure you have to clear ALL the previous areas from explosives. I do think you have to shoot the fire extinguishers too, expecially in the last area.

If you watch the video, my partner was holding the other guy the whole time. We made sure we alerted all the enemies, and before that area we didnt alert the enemies in a section (esp section 3 that has 1 guy). We didnt blow up any fire extinguishers before the last area.

The thing I think you may have nailed is a certain explosive may be too close to a fire hydrant. The first time I did it, didn't work because I shot all of the exploding canisters first, and then the fire extinguishers.

It's very hard to determine the exact specifics because you get the achievement after the level ends, not before!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #35
Giano

Giano Bifronte's Gamercard
Quote:
If you watch the video, my partner was holding the other guy the whole time. We made sure we alerted all the enemies, and before that area we didnt alert the enemies in a section (esp section 3 that has 1 guy). We didnt blow up any fire extinguishers before the last area.

The thing I think you may have nailed is a certain explosive may be too close to a fire hydrant. The first time I did it, didn't work because I shot all of the exploding canisters first, and then the fire extinguishers.

It's very hard to determine the exact specifics because you get the achievement after the level ends, not before!
Yeah, i agree. But i was so frustrated that i've chosen the hard way: paradox (i know!), but I wanted to be 100% sure to get the achievement, so i've raised the stakes...LOL

But in the end, i think that it's all about to shoot the fire extinguishers and the explosives barrels only in the last area.

Happy Hunting!
I was looking for a mentor, I've found only notaries...

Giano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #36
Mibuwolf57

Wolf Mibu's Gamercard
Thanks Tyger7.
Excellent guide.
Mibuwolf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #37
eqzeb

Okay, will try shooting all of the fire extinguishers first...has anyone bothered to try to get a count on how many extinguishers and how many canisters there are in the 4th section?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #38
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqzeb View Post
Okay, will try shooting all of the fire extinguishers first...has anyone bothered to try to get a count on how many extinguishers and how many canisters there are in the 4th section?
Nope i'll try watching the video I posted later and maybe counting them. I was going to do that but forgot thanks for reminding me!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #39
eqzeb

Finally got it...I intentionally died once I got to section 4. I killed all the guys with a pistol only so I did not destroy anything. I grabbed controller 2 and choke held the final guy. Went and shot the extinguisher from section 3, then threw remote mines along the walls to destroy the other hidden extinguishers in section 3 that are not visible. I then blew up all the extinguishers first and then the canisters. Checked the entire level over and over about 10 extra times lol...finally killed the last guy and I got the achievement. Dunno what it was, but I did not have to clear my cache.

Thanks for the guides Tyger...enjoyed both the Conviction and Alan Wake guides.

Last edited by eqzeb; 06-03-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #40
Bigzv

Talking Level description

i was wondering you start each level in hunter mode now for the achievements watch the soap and king of the crypt i dont understand what section of the level they are in theres on average 4-5 areas on each map so does this mean that i can do them in any section or are they in the first area of each level it does not specify or im just missing something but if i knew what the level names where for which achievement it would be a great help thanks.
Bigzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #41
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzv View Post
i was wondering you start each level in hunter mode now for the achievements watch the soap and king of the crypt i dont understand what section of the level they are in theres on average 4-5 areas on each map so does this mean that i can do them in any section or are they in the first area of each level it does not specify or im just missing something but if i knew what the level names where for which achievement it would be a great help thanks.
Well there's only 3 average areas on these maps ; )

I mentioned all the levels and areas except I did forget to mention the one on the crypt. I have re-edited those descriptions to reflect what maps and areas they are in! Hope that clears everything up.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Xbox360 games I have
Old 06-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #42
Bigzv

Thanks hopefully i can find it lol just new to x360a so yeah thanks.
Bigzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #43
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzv View Post
Thanks hopefully i can find it lol just new to x360a so yeah thanks.
You'll figure out how to navigate easier as you mess around, but I'll post the locations here for you too just in case.

King of the crypt
Map: New Orleans, LA
Area: 2

Watch the soap
Map: Portland, ME

Thinking inside the box
Map: San Francisco, CA
Area: 1

Demolition crew
Map: Salt Lake City, UT
Area: 4

Xbox360 games I have
Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #44
IM lightning10

IM lightning10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh595 View Post
I got this cheevo playing in single player mode under deniable ops. Not sure if it is glitched or this was intended.
Yeah you can get the rookie/normal COOP achieves using the deniable ops and do the single player.
My friend did that.

Check out our community of mature,
respectful gamers from all over the world!!

IM lightning10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #45
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Nice guide, got all 250G with Music within hours..good fun.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #46
Bobbafet

RoNi DarKo's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:

Im definately going to try this LONG method and will post back soon. Ive SERIOUSLY tried to do this about 11 times and I have had no success yet. Heres hoping it will work!!

Bobbafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #47
Bobbafet

RoNi DarKo's Gamercard
Quote:

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly thanks VERY much to Tyger7 and Giano.

I used Giano's LONG method and I can CONFIRM that this did work for me.

Please note: I shot ALL the fire extinguishers on ALL levels BEFORE shooting the Nitro canisters.

I even died a few times but it did not matter.

NOTE: On Sector 3 (the sector where you have to climb up the pipes after killing one guy only) I shot ALL the fire extinguishers INCLUDING the famous last one that you guys speak about. For those that do not know, the last fire extinguisher on Sector 3 can be obtained in Sector 4 and its debatable whether this adds to the total number of explosives.

Anyway, to be brief, I followed Giano's guide and shot ALL the explosives on ALL the levels. Shoot the fire extinguishers first, then the Nitro canisters.

Hope this helps some of you guys out!!

Bobbafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #48
deadpool316

MikeCoop316's Gamercard
thx for the help dude's
deadpool316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 AM   #49
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
."QUOTE" Watch the soap 30
In the "Washroom", neutralize (18) enemies

Map: Portland, ME

In the second area of the Portland, ME you will find a bathroom type area. This is the washroom. You have to intentionally have backup called and run to this room and kill the enemies that come in (18 total). There are pipes to climb on that will give you a good advantage. This must be done in one play. If you have a cooperative partner, your kills will be added together and you'll both receive the achievement. Lots of gadgets will help here! Remember to kill them when they are actually in the bathroom, and not just in the hallways leading in. Even the areas that look like they are in the bathroom aren't really in it according to the game. Make sure there are sinks, stalls, or showers around if you want to be sure."QUOTE"

Does that mean if u die then go back to menu and play section one and two start over again ?

Edit; no worries done it and you can die area 2 and retry again

Last edited by RazerindemiX; 06-13-2010 at 05:32 AM.
RazerindemiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #50
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

ok so does anyone yet know how many fire extinguishers there are and how many explosive barrels there are to take out ?

Edit; Opps sorry for the double post my mistake
Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #51
Bag o Beefcake

Bag o Beefcake's Gamercard
handy guide. nice work
Bag o Beefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #52
Wicelow

Wicelow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Nice guide, thanks !

Wicelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #53
Reaper ECG

reaper ecg's Gamercard
Awesome guide just finished this game up today
Reaper ECG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #54
TBRM 2

TBRM 2's Gamercard
Finally got Demo Crew, possible problems others may have

After attempting the 'demolition crew' achievement about seven times, I think I have found several sources of error for getting the actual achievements. I thought I might share these so that others may have a less roundabout path to getting this achievement.

1.) SHOOT all explosives (including fire extinguishers)
** when going through the final area, make sure that you blow up each object individually. if you blow up an explosive that triggers another explosive you may be at risk of not getting the achievement. to be on the safe side, i only used by pistol in the final area and avoided gadgets because may not be consider SHOOTING.

2.) Do it on CO-OP!

3.) Only shoot the one visible fire extinguisher from the area prior to the final area (the large circular silo-like tower)

4.) Trigger backup by being detected not from shooting explosive. For example, just start shooting a couple of the guys without worrying about precision until you are detected.

5.) Make sure that computer enemies do not throw frags and blow up explosives that you are supposed to shoot. To help with this, once you are detected, keep drawing the computers closer and closer to that starting point of the area (which is away from most all explosives in the area)

6.) [not sure if this is required] try killing atleast one enemy by a nearby explosive
TBRM 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #55
A Perfect Thief

tH Waterboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thanks for the guides and thanks to the guys who made the vids they were very helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos
Dammit I've been spending too much time in real life again..

37 retail games + DLC 100%
47 games 1000+(Need 100% DLC)
6 arcade games 100%
A Perfect Thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #56
BSG Viper Jock

Canary Wundaboy's Gamercard
I think everyone in here is making Demolition Crew too difficult. Just kill everyone in a section, then shoot all the fire extinguishers and gas canisters. Use sonar and 2 people to make sure you don't miss any. On the last section just alert the enemies, kill all but a couple, tag them, then run around blowing up all the explosives and extinguishers. When you're sure you've got them all on every floor and in every nook and cranny, terminate the enemies. Achievement done. Unlocked for me and my co-op partner first attempt, no issues.

Retail completed 33 - Arcade completed 5

Proudest 100%'s -
Dragon Age 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3/ODST/Reach/Wars, Assassins Creed 1/2/Brotherhood, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Call of Duty 2/4/MW2/Black Ops, The Force Unleashed I & II, skate 1 & 3, Fallout 3, Blue Dragon

Currently Working On - Gears of War 3, Kinect Sports, Deus Ex: HR, Halo CE: Anniversary, Guitar Hero 5
BSG Viper Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #57
David Ben Avram

k after trying this fakakta achievement like 7 times...ive come to the conclusion that it sucks...but what you have to do is shoot every explosive.. nades no matter by who that trigger the explosive will null the achievement...

do the fire extinguishers first

5 on the first floor
2 on the second
1 at the ammo crates(not sure if needed but did it anyway)

4 explosives on the 1st floor
4 explosives on the 2nd floor
2 explosives on the 3rd floor

so 8 extinguishers and 10 explosives

and the key for some reason for me was to trigger the back up but just randomly shooting and drawing attention to me not by shooting explosives right off the rip...

this damn achievement was annnnnoying....
David Ben Avram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #58
Redemption Mode

Very well done guide, bro. I hate to dog my Friends, but I perfer to do these Missions solo. More fun that way...
Old 10-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #59
MrOleg

OlegWasHere's Gamercard
Quote:

There are a total of 10 explosive canisters and 8 fire extinguishers (counting one from behind the weapons crate).

1st Floor: 4 explosive canisters and 5 fire extinguishers.

2nd Floor: 4 explosive canisters and 2 fire extinguishers.

3rd Floor: 2 explosive canisters

Weapon crates area (behind): 1 fire extinguisher.
I know this is a little late for the dlc but whoever says you need to shoot the extinguishers is bullshit.
i did this 7 times on realistic.
5 times solo
2 split screen
1 xbox live.

every time i shot 10 tanks and all the extinguishers saved the last guy.
this time i just shot them and shot the tanks along the way.

did the top two first
then the 4 on the second level and
then the 4 on the bottom
no extinguishers
all with a silenced pistol no grenades or secondary weapon.

what a messed up achievement
glad thats over.....

30k Hit 11/4/10
NBA 2K11
Trip-Dub

Games To Boost

Saints Row 2: Kingpin
GTA IV:Enough Said
Juiced 2: Crew Races And Pinkslips

If Interested Hit Me Up With A Message On Xbox Live
MrOleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #60
Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOleg View Post
I know this is a little late for the dlc but whoever says you need to shoot the extinguishers is bullshit.
i did this 7 times on realistic.
5 times solo
2 split screen
1 xbox live.

every time i shot 10 tanks and all the extinguishers saved the last guy.
this time i just shot them and shot the tanks along the way.

did the top two first
then the 4 on the second level and
then the 4 on the bottom
no extinguishers
all with a silenced pistol no grenades or secondary weapon.

what a messed up achievement
glad thats over.....
So you got it without them entirely?

Xbox360 games I have