PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Blur
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
Xscapist

Drifting Help?

Okay, some of you will roll your eyes, but I'm coming into this game out of a love of Mario Kart, and having never much liked non-arcade racers (at all).

It's pretty obvious to me that drifting doesn't work like Mario Kart style power slides in that it's not going to give you a boost or anything for pulling one off. So then, I figure the benefit to drifting it...being able to make corners without running into the wall? Or is that not it at all?

Honestly, I haven't been able to make heads or tails of drifting...I've been sticking to grippy cars because they're a lot easier to control (and don't feel like I'm driving on icy roads), yet in some of the classes it seems that drifty cars have been given higher speed and acceleration levels. So are they given that advantage just to counteract...crappy steering? Or is there actually some benefit to drifty cars ability to drift? And how do you go about drifting properly (i.e. not doing 180s)?
Xscapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
davesuk

dave s uk's Gamercard
i can work out the drift, but have found that if you keep coming off the gas then on quickly as you go round corners it helps.
davesuk is offline   Reply With Quote